The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Manga23 wrote: »
    How's it going middle agers?

So my birthday is coming up and I decided to get some bands to add variety to my workouts. Holy heck! I did cardio with them and a leg video and wow! If you were considering getting a set, they were like $35, I highly recommend them. It's nice getting a different workout

😂😂 I'm using resistance bands regularly......I did legs two days ago and now I can't keep up my dog without 😡☠👿😡

I stupidly commented on one of my fave YouTube fitness presenters post about doing a band's video today. He replied so now I feel obligated. I'm going to not be able to walk tomorrow. Who needs to walk ...right?

I started working out with resistance bands during the shutdown and now I can't see myself ever going without them! They are incredible and definitely can be used to build muscle.
  • Simmoyia
    Simmoyia Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone 🤗 I’m 33 years old and have restarted my fitness journey after several attempts in the younger version of me. This time around I’m more positive and have grown to love my body in every stage as we go through this change. I’m currently down by my first 10lbs now weighing 250lbs. I have another 90lbs to go. Feel free to add me so we can all share and learn from each other. Cheers 🥂
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited June 2020
    Manga23 wrote: »
    How's it going middle agers?

So my birthday is coming up and I decided to get some bands to add variety to my workouts. Holy heck! I did cardio with them and a leg video and wow! If you were considering getting a set, they were like $35, I highly recommend them. It's nice getting a different workout

😂😂 I'm using resistance bands regularly......I did legs two days ago and now I can't keep up my dog without 😡☠👿😡

I stupidly commented on one of my fave YouTube fitness presenters post about doing a band's video today. He replied so now I feel obligated. I'm going to not be able to walk tomorrow. Who needs to walk ...right?

I started working out with resistance bands during the shutdown and now I can't see myself ever going without them! They are incredible and definitely can be used to build muscle.

I can barely sit tonight!!! But this workout was pretty awesome and I did get a shoutout during his preamble about was well worth it!
  • thesame6
    thesame6 Posts: 5 Member
    Just tuned 45(!!) this year. My brain still thinks I'm a kid, by body thinks otherwise. Feel free to add me as I could use a place to go and connect.
  • Lim143
    Lim143 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone. Getting back some momentum. Feeling amazing and happy:)
  • skennelly3163
    skennelly3163 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi I'm new here! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Woodlaw18
    Woodlaw18 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all, new here. Add me! Community support helps.
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    Feel free to add me......I can use some support. It's so hard to stay motivated. My gym is still closed to 1st of july.
    I've mixed feelings when they open up wether to go or not. Almost 46 so I need to keep on working to stay shredded and fit.
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm in my upper 40s and have found "the struggle". Looking for friends that are motivated and motivating! I will, in turn, help encourage and motivate you.
  • LisaMarie9998
    LisaMarie9998 Posts: 13 Member
    FoolishJoy wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm a 39 year old single mom to an almost 2 year old, and after decades of drug and alcohol abuse, I finally got clean and sober and am ready to focus on my health. I'm a clean-eating pescatarian, quit cigarettes 8 days ago, and am in love with Leslie Sansone's videos!😂

So glad to meet everyone and making fitness-loving acquaintances!

That's amazing. If you can turn your life around after decades of abusing alcohol/drugs... you can do anything. :)
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Middle-Ager here too! Trying my best to get started and stay motivated while home schooling two kids and staying in a relative lockdown in toohothothot Texas :D
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    Middle-Ager here too! Trying my best to get started and stay motivated while home schooling two kids and staying in a relative lockdown in toohothothot Texas :D

Now I'm feeling old. I don't have any kids left to home school or regular school.

Out of lockdown now anyway, but still lots of warnings and cautions in this "new normal".
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Have a good day everyone
  • ajhull11b
    ajhull11b Posts: 4 Member
    Hey everyone. 33. Getting back into the swing of things. Feel free to add me!
  • MommaGemz
    @TonyB0588 I'm in Texas, so it's safest to still lock down here. But it's also super hot summertime now, so I'd be inside anyways :D
  • MommaGemz
    @clehman71 I sure do know "the struggle" as well! I remember a time when it was super easy to lose weight, gain muscle, and feel better, but now..... every step feel like a challenge. But it's a challenge we can still succeed at! :)
  • torridcrafter
    torridcrafter Posts: 3 Member
    45 in a couple months :)
    This is a lifestyle and a journey for me after many years of being obese. I do hybrid hypertrophy/bodybuilding training and work with a coach to keep me on track. Bf and I daily track our macros and hold each other accountable. The older I get, the harder I have to work to maintain or lose...hormones suck!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    45 in a couple months :)
    This is a lifestyle and a journey for me after many years of being obese. I do hybrid hypertrophy/bodybuilding training and work with a coach to keep me on track. Bf and I daily track our macros and hold each other accountable. The older I get, the harder I have to work to maintain or lose...hormones suck!!!

Awesome transformation, @torridcrafter. You're right - it does get harder to lose as we age. But the support and encouragement from the fine people here keeps me on track.
  • blustarr505
    blustarr505 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll be 40 in December and I want to look and feel good on my bday. It’s hard to stay on track sometimes.