June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    So happy @Avidkeo that you had a pain-free run! That gives me hope that when (if) my PF ever stops hurting just from walking that I MIGHT be able to run again.

Sorry to hear about your new Covid-19 cases, but hopefully they can track them and contain it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7k moderate
    6-2 7k moderate
    6-3 7k easy
    6-4 7k moderately easy
    6-5 7k easily moderate
    6-6 7k slow
    6-7 7k moderate
    6-8 rest
    6-9 7k moderately easy
    6-10 7k easy
    6-11 7k easy
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 7k thresholdy
    6-14 7k moderate
    6-15 rest
    6-16 7k easy
    6-17 7k easy

June Total: 105k
    June Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k

2020 Total through May: 900k

Sunny, low 60s F with no wind to speak of. Seven ploddy kilometers to "The Wheels of the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round," courtesy of @quilteryoyo!!!!!!!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Sunny, low 60s F with no wind to speak of. - PERFECT!

On the covid19.... *sigh* I am concerned about the state of things and where we are headed.

Pain report: Have been doing a lot of PT and strength training in conjunction with the running. This morning, I seem to have some tightness in my right leg, but no IT band pain. I think the tightness could be from the lifting last night. I think I'm healing! Hooray!

Also - I am learning how to use Spotify, if you can imagine that. It's a pretty cool little app and I'm not sure it's better than Pandora, but I think I like it. It allows me to listen to other people's playlists too! Music has always been the air in my lungs, so this is fun!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my area is a hotspot for the state. from the start of tracking, we've had 350 deaths, 10k cases
    a lot of people where masks. most runners do not though i've seen a few. a few stores are strongly requesting masks. people are upset.
    i felt like this was the time for me to join the group runs....and they are all cancelled.
    we have a few companies starting races. limited entries. i don't know if i'll do them. i'm not scared but i'm not sure if i'm that interested in the particular races.
    3bmwxczv6bde.png
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 3.5
    06/02/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 6.8
    06/03/20 :::: 2.4 :::: 9.3
    06/04/20 :::: 3.4 :::: 12.7
    06/05/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 15.9
    06/06/20 :::: 6.8 :::: 22.7
    06/07/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 27.7
    06/08/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 30.8
    06/09/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 33.9
    06/10/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 38.9
    06/11/20 :::: 6.0 :::: 45.0
    06/12/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 48.0
    06/13/20 :::: 10.0 :::: 58.0
    06/14/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 61.6
    06/15/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 65.1
    06/16/20 :::: 4.4 :::: 69.5
    06/17/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 74.5

More trails today! I slept in later than planned and was slow to get moving, so I was worried that I'd missed my window before the heat. I decided to try to stay shady at least by doing the trails through the woods near my house. I had a route in mind before I started, which was a good incentive not to just cut it short and double back at the point I often do on my daily runs (before the hills start). It was pretty pleasant really, just about 73 degrees and only 50% humidity. I was happy my mental calculation worked out so that I got 5 miles out of it. The forecast is looking hot and with a lot of thunderstorms the next several days. Sounds like running is going to be a challenge.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic 73 degrees on the trail sounds like a great way to begin the day.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    After a week or so of heat and humidity, I think it's supposed to break in time for my virtual marathon this Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed, although I'm already planning on waking up early to get a headstart on the heat.

This definitely deserves the "Inspiring" button! Doing a marathon is dang hard with aid stations set up by others and people along the route cheering the runners. Doing a virtual marathon - I can't even imagine! Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about it!

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    After a week or so of heat and humidity, I think it's supposed to break in time for my virtual marathon this Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed, although I'm already planning on waking up early to get a headstart on the heat.

This definitely deserves the "Inspiring" button! Doing a marathon is dang hard with aid stations set up by others and people along the route cheering the runners. Doing a virtual marathon - I can't even imagine! Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm a bit anxious about it, but also looking forward to the challenge!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 – 4
    6/2 – 5
    6/3 – 4
    6/4 – 4
    6/5 – 4
    6/6 – 3
    6/7 – 3
    6/8 – 5
    6/9 – 4 with Champ
    6/10 – 2 with Macy and Champ – walking
    6/11 – 5
    6/12 – 5
    6/13 – 5 miles trails with Champ
    6/14 – 3 miles
    6/15 – 5 miles
    6/16 – 3 miles
    6/17 – 2 miles with Macy and Champ - walking

66 of 100 miles

@quilteryoyo I know after my Dad died my Mom was good most of the time, but certainly had her bad days.

@noblesheep same here, we in Alabama had a big upswing over the last few days. I was supposed to again go back to the office, but not now.

@janejellyroll you’ll do great on your marathon.

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,027 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 100 Miles

6/2: 6.55 miles
    6/3: 7.06 miles
    6/4: 6.72 miles
    6/7: 10.07 miles
    6/8: 7.04 miles
    6/10: 6.53 miles
    6/11: 6.05 miles
    6/14: 10.04 miles
    6/16: 7.02 miles
    6/17: 5.12 miles

72.2/100 miles completed for June

635.41/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

Today I ran 5 miles. All in all it was a nice run. I was feeling a mild niggle in my ankle last night so I decided to just run 5 today since I ran 7 yesterday. I didn't notice any problems with the ankle while I was running, but it I still feel a slight niggle today. I'm not sure if I should see how it goes tomorrow or just plan a rest day. I usually take Friday and Saturday as rest days any way, so I'm thinking if it feels worse as the day goes on I might just rest tomorrow, but if not I may run in the morning if it isn't hurting when I run. On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give it about a .5, so I almost think that I only feel it because I am thinking about it and being hyper aware of my ankle. I tend to worry about things when I'm stressed that probably don't need to be worried about. I guess it is a way of not thinking about the stuff that is stressing me out by stressing about something else. I did put some ice on it this morning and it seems ok so I guess I'll just see how the rest of the day goes.

@AlphaHowls I have always found you inspiring, but now more than ever. I'm not too sure about those crickets though. :D
    @Avidkeo I never even thought of the word "knackered".
    @janejellyroll Here's hoping you have great weather for your virtual marathon!
    @katharmonic Glad you were able to get a pleasant run in.

Covid stuff
    @noblesheep Vent away! That has to be so disappointing. I'm sorry that you won't get to go see your friend's new baby. But hang in there!
    @Avidkeo and @ContraryMaryMary That has to be beyond frustrating!
    @Camaramandy648 and @mbaker566 Sorry that both of you are in hot spots. Stay safe.
    I don't live in a hot spot. I'm actually in a pretty small county and we have only had 4 diagnosed cases and no deaths. But there are many (probably a majority) around here that thing the whole "Covid thing" and the sheltering in place was politically motivated and just a big scam that was put into place by the liberal democrats to discredit President Trump. (I guess they don't realize this is a worldwide thing and not just here). And any one who believes all the hype is stupider than sheep. It is really kind of disheartening to live around such ignorance and small mindedness. And don't ask them to wear masks around here because that takes away their rights. And everyone knows that wearing masks is dangerous anyway. Only sheep who live in fear wear masks. And if you fall into one of the high risk categories then you should just stay home. Maybe some old people will die, but old people are gonna die anyway. Uggh! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a little.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • natacosupreme
    natacosupreme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    On my run this morning it was overcast and in the mid-60s, which was so nice! Was able to do 1.87 miles today on wk2d2 of C25K which nearly brought me to my initial goal of 10 miles for this month...so I added another 10 miles to my goal for the rest of this month :smiley:

kyf1semtwxrq.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,027 Member
    Options
    Thanks @hamsterwheel6. The more I think about my ankle the more I think the problem is the shoes I wore to work yesterday, not my running shoes. So far today the ankle is feeling ok and I am not wearing the same shoes.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    On my run this morning it was overcast and in the mid-60s, which was so nice! Was able to do 1.87 miles today on wk2d2 of C25K which nearly brought me to my initial goal of 10 miles for this month...so I added another 10 miles to my goal for the rest of this month :smiley:

kyf1semtwxrq.png

@natacosupreme YOU GOT THIS! That app is how I started, too!

@tyravanad YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep Yeah for the strength training improving your speed. So sorry about the C coming back. I understand your frustration.

@ContraryMaryMary and @Avidkeo Sorry this has happened to you all too. Hopefully they didn't spread it and you'll be back to NO cases soon.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    I'm glad this week is a cut back week for me. It is being cut back a lot more than the plan calls for. I played tennis Monday and today for cross training....which at least is something. And, I am going to play tennis in the morning, outdoors, if it isn't raining. That will be singles, so will get more cardio than I do with doubles.

Today, after tennis, my mom and I went to my cousins apartment to pack up some of his things. We will need at least one more afternoon to get everything packed. Mom wants to do it Friday. I guess while I have willing help, I should do it. If we do, yesterday will probably be my only run this week and then my long run on Saturday. I guess it won't kill me. Especially since I'm not just sitting on my *kitten.*

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Am I not allowed to put a link to a virtual race on here? I did and it disappeared. Anyway, I'll just say that I got an email about the International Space Station virtual run to celebrate 20 years of the ISS and return to manned space flight from the USA. The medal is a cool 3-D replica of the ISS and the shirt, which I really don't need, has a depiction of the solar system and says "Give me some space."