WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ If the traffic isn't too bad, I can get to downtown Atlanta in 30 minute. But, must say we have not been downtown in years because it is a dangerous place. I used to work across from Lennox Square (a large shopping center) in the Buckhead area and then my son went to the Art Institute of Atlanta across the street from there. He said that walking to his car was scary in the evening because he was almost mugged several times. I think Dr. Katie lives in NE GA which would be further away than me.

Lisa ~ Levi looks like such a happy baby. Growing like a weed.

SuziQ ~ I feel like a "Peckehead" today. LOL

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Roomba- Would be JRs new frisbee I don’t dare get one until he’s older.

Amber Tx

Boiled chicken plain nothing added. Used the stick to make green bead stuffing y mash potatoes for hubby. I may have stuffing sounds good to me.

Finally got JR trained to know crayons are for papers only so can leave a few pages on a clip board with 10 crayons 🖍 when he says done later on I put it up. We’re in a trial phase it’s out no monitoring for hours for a few days now.Looking good like he gets the fact draw off it on a wall or toy kiss it goodbye!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Pip Where do you want to move?

going back to california, fresno specifically all the family is in that area

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Flea do you have a link to a news report about the eastern Oregon church outbreak?

It is above.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Brazilian Butt Lift DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathy Smith Step Workout. The blue-ray player I use for my exercise DVD’s died so that’s why I did a different DVD today. Looks like for the time being I’ll be using my laptop. Thank goodness I have that.

Went to WalMart to get Vince’s prescription (along with other things) then Food Lion to get his milk (along with other things)

Letti – we all have those days. As long as they are days and not weeks, you’ll be fine.

Another rainy cold day. I hate this wearing pants stuff

Made some more fudge. I think this recipe is pretty good, just need to “tweak” it. I think you probably should put in less or no water.

Pip
    – isn’t Lenny’s tree on that property?

Michele NC

yup it sure is...
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka - Congrats on having time off. Good luck with surgery. I really hope it helps. I suffer with allergies, nighttime coughing, post nasal drip, congestion, etc. every day of my life. I have tried so many things and nothing seems to work except diphenhydramine (somewhat), which has unpleasant long term effects, apparently. My allergist said I don't have a deviated septum, just a small nose, therefore a small passageway. *sigh*.

Lots going on in my world. I think I mentioned my sister's stroke. That was over 2 weeks ago. She is in rehab and likely to be there another 2-3. It's hard for me to see improvement, but my family seems to think there is some. I have to trust them.

I am sort of planning to head back there for a couple of weeks when she's home. I'm a bit torn, however, with all the COVID stuff. Do I fly and risk getting someone sick? It doesn't make sense for me to quarantine in a hotel somewhere for 2 weeks, then stay there for two weeks. On the other hand, the mister flew to Europe, stayed 10 days, had to enter a facility with active COVID cases, was in contact with many people, flew back with an overnight layover in a hot spot and we have not had any symptoms. So, I don't really know what to do. I definitely don't want to complicate my sister's situation either and by exposing my family, it will limit the help they can provide for her.

But, I don't think COVID is going away any time soon, so if I don't go now, when will it ever be "safe?"

One of my other sisters lost her job, supposedly due to COVID. It's the 5th time she's been laid off in 6 years for some reason or another.

The mister did find out that he has at least 2 sisters.

Pip - Congrats on the upcoming early retirement.

I did make an interesting recipe last night. I had dry black beans and I know that Trader Joe's has a nice black bean pasta. So, I ground them into flour, added a couple of eggs, some milk, and made spaetzle out of them. It was not bad. Put a sauce on it and it is a great source of protein that is gluten free. Last night we had them with a shawarma chicken.

We are trying to eat more vegetarian-like. However, I am not used to cooking that way. Recipes are appreciated. Tonight I think I am going to make something with eggplant. I usually steer clear of that. I can't seem to get the hang of cooking it without it being mush or rubber. Any tips are appreciated.

Off to do my walking. Since I cannot run for the time being, long walks will have to do.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    So sorry Rebecca. You must be busting to see that gorgeous girl. <3

Levi , a wonderful cheeky chappy! :D

Feeling a big better. The dinner was delicious, but absolutely huge. ;)

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Tina - that was extremely enterprising of you. Would never have thought of that. :o
    I've taken to roasting my eggplant after marinating it in a mix of oil and pomegranate molasses. We have it as part of a roasted Mediterranean veg mix, zucchini, red pepper, onion, garlic 20 mins, then tip over feta and tomatoes for the last 10 mins. We have it with brown rice and I make a nice little sauce to have on the side of yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
    You could make a great veggie moussaka. We bake the eggplant slices first rather than frying them.
    I sometimes use BBC Good Food and you can just enter an ingredient and loads of stuff pops up. I save recipes on there.
    I have often made Eggplant Rollatini from Skinnytaste. I freeze that one for a guest starter. She has lots of searchable recipes.
    Good luck!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip Where do you want to move?

going back to california, fresno specifically all the family is in that area

I have a sister-in-law in Fresno!

Nice area.

I hope someone pays you a fortune for your house.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: This is an exciting time. I hope the pods arrive at just the time you want them. I also hope you’ll take plenty of photos of the move so that you can look back with fondness & enjoy the new adventure. I hope we hear from you during your travels. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: We are generally content here in Columbia County. This is a county with a much lower population than Portland, Washington County, including Beaverton, or the extended metro area. :star:

We have family members in Malheur County. They are doing well. I had a lovely chat with my SIL yesterday. She is growing her garden and enjoying time with a few close friends. They have plenty of room for social distancing when they want to spend time with friends.

I’m in the process of setting up a medical procedure in Portland, which is a worrisome place. I had my dates and times turned in at the end of the day yesterday, but the information has been lost. Today the information is all gone. Evidently it didn’t make the timeline for the doctor’s appointment desk, so we’re setting up again. I’m expecting a call with a confirmed appointment—sometime today. I’ll be here at home until we get it sorted. ohwell

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Tina We will be as "safe" as it gets when we are vaccinated.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Katla I think I missed something. I thought you were off the hook for your medical procedure. What happened?
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Michele, you asked about how to make quiche moister and mentioned water and milk. I put neither in my quiche, just eggs, cheese, veggies and ham or bacon. Put veggies in it once to use some up, now I can't make it without or it just doesn't taste right! lol You do need to be careful about not overcooking it, that can dry it out. Mine are pretty moist!
    Katla, did I miss something? I thought you didn't have to go to Portland for your medical procedure...
    Pip, so glad the bees "buzzed" off on their own! And wow! you guys have everything all planned out already! I hope your move goes smoothly and you sell your house for big bucks!
    Have never had a Roomba, altho older son has one. They use if for "in between" real vacuum times. They have a dog and two small kids (1 and 4) so there are lots of crumbs. The dog doesn't shed too much, she's a shorthair, so not too bad. I remember when I was cleaning house for a living, one couple had a golden retriever. She was a beautiful dog, both in looks and personality, but OMG! she shed so much!! There was no doubt as to where I had vacuumed and where I had not.....
    Better get another bench in Nerdvana or the "other" place. We always tell our younger son, when he makes a smart crack, "you know you're going to hell right?" His reply? "Well, yeah, that's where the rest of you will be" sigh, can't argue with the kid.... Although I have to say, I do think we belong more in the middle place as we're not evil, however we would never qualify for sainthood....
    At work, so must keep this short for now! Hope everyone has/had a great Thursday!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on gorgeous, sunny Vancouver Island (so I rode my bike to work today! woohoo!)
  • AASlender
    AASlender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you VERY much for the support. Knock on wood and crossing myself I’m back on track.
    I’m considering looking into Pilates. Anyone do this? Thank you.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    7ykq6gnl3o2c.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I called in to confirm my procedure toward the end of the day. The man I talked to told me he was putting it on the scheduling desk. Today I called in to confirm again because I didn’t see it on the schedule. I was told my appointment was given to another patient. I haven’t received a new appointment yet.

Stressed and double stressed. I’ll call again after 1pm, which is their lunch time.

The good news is that We won’t be getting a hotel room. DH will drive me in and bring me home whenever day it is.

🙊🙉🙈🐵

Katla