What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I didn't cook this, but it was part of the evening meal. Fresh buffalo milk mozzarella.2ik3e3pdzgyu.jpg

I can only wish I had access to real fresh mozzarella. And I do mean fresh.

We went to the beach today to check out the house. We haven't been since September. Did an inspection and called the people who will do a few things. I'm going next week to stay for awhile and get things in shape. Hope to spend some time on the beach. I'll be transferring there and will disappear from MFP until the middle of September. I will be cooking and will try and take a few photos.

The buffalo mozzarella is produced in the area. This is fantastic. The flavor is incredible. The Romans brought water buffalos to Italy from Asia. The production has been constant through the centuries. It's a delicacy and is also used on pizza. Once you get used to the flavor of this, regular mozzarella just won't cut it. The entire area is a food paradise--Terracina, Italy. I'll be around for another week, and then will pop in here rarely. Have a great summer everyone.

PS: as for fresh--it was made this morning.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Lunch: buckwheat pancakes I gobbled up too fast too snap a pic
    Dinner: eggplant and egg rolls
    omg5h5kswtqy.jpeg
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Rice and beans with chicken sausage:

2xnlu5m9anfp.jpeg

Egg roll in a bowl:
    ngnqxkledsgz.jpeg

Cheddar-bacon waffle with a fried egg:
    6qh60jteo9sw.jpeg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt, banana, miso caramel sauce.
    g74q8unktxb2.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Spaghetti w scampi, red pepper flakes, white wine, garlic, EVOO, veg broth, and chopped cherry tomatoes.zjf4vq33w51d.jpg
    8ggerucfgve6.jpg
    They're not alive, even though they look it.
  • missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    v6t4zidmp2x1.jpeg
    i1128i442f29.jpeg
    Miso Soup - soft tofu, mushrooms, dashi, miso, leek, scallions. 109 calories
  • acpgee
    Options
    Risotto with peas and prosciutto cotto. Roast veg.
    sxnndzg5ddbi.jpeg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I didn't cook this, but it was part of the evening meal. Fresh buffalo milk mozzarella.2ik3e3pdzgyu.jpg

Make some, not that hard. I made feta the other week. Haloumi is next when all the feta is gone. I've made buffalo milk stuff too before. Ice cream, cheese and yogurt from a farm up the coast.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »

Make some, not that hard. I made feta the other week. Haloumi is next when all the feta is gone. I've made buffalo milk stuff too before. Ice cream, cheese and yogurt from a farm up the coast.

I would just like to say that we are in a production area for buffalo mozzarella at the beach. It's not that easy to make--the good stuff. We only buy from a few producers because so many don't have any flavor--and the cost is high. It also depends on what the animals eat. Out of 10, maybe 1 is excellent.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner party at my place now that lockdown rules are easing. California roll your own hand rolls with miso soup. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with miso caramel, dehydrated spiralized sweet potato, toasted sesame.
    oc5mxh4ryf5k.jpeg
    fj95wioxqoz9.jpeg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Dinner party at my place now that lockdown rules are easing. California roll your own hand rolls with miso soup. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with miso caramel, dehydrated spiralized sweet potato, toasted sesame.
    oc5mxh4ryf5k.jpeg
    fj95wioxqoz9.jpeg

This is at least the second time you mention this mysterious "miso caramel." Cough up the recipe please, ma'am! It sounds delicious.
  • acpgee
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    This is at least the second time you mention this mysterious "miso caramel." Cough up the recipe please, ma'am! It sounds delicious.

This is the recipe I used but next time will reduce water by half so it is easier to take the caramel darker for a more burnt complex flavour. A little drizzle of leftover sauce is great for pimping up mundane fruit such as sliced banana or apple. I used some coconut cream I had lying around instead of dairy.

https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel