WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options

I completely forgot that the Weight Loss Yoga DVD that I was going to do doesn’t for some reason play on my laptop so I did another yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD

Steve was saying that he lost his appetite. I thought he had lost weight! Boy, I wish I had that problem, still can taste and smell food but have no appetite. So when he does eat, he tends to right now eat foods that are high in calories like the Krispy Kreme donuts he brought here. Some people have all the luck!

Was in the 70’s for the last few days but the next few days are supposed to be in the 80’s. Yeaaa…that hopefully will mean that the pool will get warmed up again.

Rori – I was just thinking “it’s too bad Allie isn’t in CO”. She’d be wonderful for your husband. But alas…. Sending a great big hug, you are one-in-a-million

Karen – what a great solution sealing the meals. Personally, I like to divide things like dried fruit into individual servings and then I limit myself to just what’s in the preportioned baggie

I was planning to do some HIIT at the really clean gym that I go to. She was very “I won’t open until to Governor says I can”. Well, she opened maybe thinking that he would sign the bill to allow gyms to open. Only I read in the paper today that he didn’t. So will she close again? I’ll have to call to find out. The other gym that I went to for the extremepump class is probably going to stay open. I get the feeling that they’re really concerned about the money. Well, I can understand to a certain extent. But if someone gets c-19 there, that would be the end of their business. Of course, you really can’t determine where you picked it up. I just feel very uncomfortable there since they never were that clean and I can’t see them spending the money to get it very clean.

Lisa – thanks for the idea of using the sealer in high humidity areas. Why I never thought of that is beyond me. If I can find one at some place like the Salvation Army, I’m going to pick it up for the condo. I just look for things for the condo at the Salvation Army since I don’t use those things very much at all. I would probably only use the sealer a couple of times a year. It’s not very humid here, but it certainly is in FL! Happy birthday to Cory!

I know Steve (it’s his birthday today) wants to go to Waffle House. I just checked and I’ll get two egg whites and bacon.

Vince just told me that the vet’s office is building a new building. It’ll actually be CLOSER to our house. Actually, I can probably walk to it.

Steve likes Waffle House and we couldn’t go there last time he was here so we went. I had two egg whites with mushrooms and onions and instead of the hash browns just tomato slices. Unfortunately, I did eat both pieces of toast. I forgot that they gave you 2 slices, otherwise I would have asked for only 1. Oh well…I’ll still log both. Just had water to drink. It was cold there so I probably should have gotten tea

Flea – I’m with you, I hate wearing a mask. But I am so sick of reading “10 more confirmed cases” “24 more confirmed cases”. I am sick of having to wait to get in someplace. I am sick of not being able to go in an office (like an MD) but having to wait in the car. I really hate it when I just want to get one item and in order to get it I have to wait in line for 15 minutes to go in the store and come out 5 minutes later. If wearing a mask will get us to a “somewhat” normalcy like we had before, I’ll do it. Yes, grudgingly. But I’ll do it. Does your gym have water classes? How is the social distancing issue addressed?

I could feel my ankles were swollen yesterday. Not sure why. Usually they get that way if I’ve had a good amount of salt. Then I had the bacon at Waffle House today. Well, I made those quiche for Jess yesterday and I used bacon. Had a piece, I admit. The bacon today was salty so that must have been what caused the swollen ankles. Not as bad now

Cathy
    – what a transformation!

Annie – (((HUG))) I would have a vet look at them. The vet can tell you if they’re something that needs to be removed. Many times they don’t have to be removed.

Carol
    – I never wiped down all my groceries. I just wash my hands all the time. Actually, I have a thing of hand lotion on the sink I’m washing my hands so much

Ginny OH – the thing I didn’t like about the air fryer (well, one of the things) was that it too SOOO much room.

Dlfk – I used to have a pressure cooker. One of the things that an IP can do that a pressure cooker couldn’t was when you cook meat, you can put frozen meat into an IP whereas you can’t do that with a pressure cooker. With the IP you can make yogurt, use it to make rice. With a pressure cooker, you’d need two other appliances

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Night ladies
    Had a blast wirh my friends here tonight, i just heated up a store bought quiche and salad and made strawberry shortcake..we sat around,chatted and had a blast...think we all needed it...
    Trudy and I are putting in screen door tomorrow..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Ginny ... what county/part of Ohio are you in? My parents live in Independence.

Rori ... thinking about you ... caregiving is not easy.

Dlfk ... I have been living an intermittent fasting lifestyle now for about 20 months. I fast 19 hours and only eat in 5 consecutive hours. My husband didn't even notice for the first 6 months and I refused to tell him as I was certain he would poo-poo the whole thing. When he finally did notice, I had lost about 15 pounds and had seen my doctor who was thrilled with my progress. Took the wind out of his sails. I cook for my husband, and through the past 3 months I was cooking for my two adult sons who moved home. It wasn't that hard. I have decided that this is about me and my choices. What they want to eat are their choices. For me, the food choices are always easier than exercising. I am at heart a slug.

Terri ... after 3 months of no driving, I was surprised to find myself a little shaky the first couple of times out on the road. Now that I'm driving to work each day (even thought it's just a couple of miles), everything is right again.

SuziQ ... sorry to hear what's happening in different parts of the country.

Amber ... I'm praying your daughter will remain well and if she does become ill that it's a mild case ...

Carol ... I am still wiping down food. I started shopping again a couple of weeks ago (instead of delivery), but I'm pulling back from being in the stores. Only one store during off hours. I'm going back to curbside or delivery for everything else. Except for clothing returns ... this week I have to make returns from online shopping ... got to get them off my credit cards.

So the younger son has returned to his apartment in Nashville! Long drive ... about 11 hours for him. Takes my husband and I closer to 13, but we make a lot more stops. He said the apartment did not smell when he opened the door, he had left the AC on so there was no mold from heat/humidity (he couldn't remember when asked), and the trash enclosed under the sink ... while it smelled awful when he opened the door under the sink, evidently did not have chicken in it. No bugs. The trash has since been removed from the apartment. All is well and really ... I need to remember that worrying is a waste of time ... Can't tell you how much energy I spent worrying about all of that. I was teary when he left this morning ... got over that by cleaning the bathroom he used while home...

Beth near Buffalo

Beth- I have been doing the intermittent fasting for quite a while- been so long, actually forgot but about six months. I do not go as long each day as you do. I usually have nothing but plain tea until noon but seem to end up having a snack about 7-8, depending on what time we have dinner. After doing it for a while it is not hard except when I get up really early and go that long without eating. My biggest problem is that once I start eat(break that fast) I am so hungry within an hour and just want to snack the rest of the day if I am not careful. If I don't eat, I can go until 3pm if I am busy and not think about food.
    I am trying to focus on me but this is totally new for me- I have always put everyone else first so it is a huge change. Food choices are now easier for me most of the time. I don't mind exercising but I just have a hard time getting started. 25lbs down in 11 months with 10-15 more to go. I have a 22yr old son at home who sometimes eats what I cook, sometimes his girlfriend is here too and sometimes they want to go out to eat- I never know what is happening. Husband will go out to eat with friends for late lunch so may or may not be hungry.
    Slowly I am putting myself someplace other than at the bottom of the list.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

I completely forgot that the Weight Loss Yoga DVD that I was going to do doesn’t for some reason play on my laptop so I did another yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD

Steve was saying that he lost his appetite. I thought he had lost weight! Boy, I wish I had that problem, still can taste and smell food but have no appetite. So when he does eat, he tends to right now eat foods that are high in calories like the Krispy Kreme donuts he brought here. Some people have all the luck!

Was in the 70’s for the last few days but the next few days are supposed to be in the 80’s. Yeaaa…that hopefully will mean that the pool will get warmed up again.

Rori – I was just thinking “it’s too bad Allie isn’t in CO”. She’d be wonderful for your husband. But alas…. Sending a great big hug, you are one-in-a-million

Karen – what a great solution sealing the meals. Personally, I like to divide things like dried fruit into individual servings and then I limit myself to just what’s in the preportioned baggie

I was planning to do some HIIT at the really clean gym that I go to. She was very “I won’t open until to Governor says I can”. Well, she opened maybe thinking that he would sign the bill to allow gyms to open. Only I read in the paper today that he didn’t. So will she close again? I’ll have to call to find out. The other gym that I went to for the extremepump class is probably going to stay open. I get the feeling that they’re really concerned about the money. Well, I can understand to a certain extent. But if someone gets c-19 there, that would be the end of their business. Of course, you really can’t determine where you picked it up. I just feel very uncomfortable there since they never were that clean and I can’t see them spending the money to get it very clean.

Lisa – thanks for the idea of using the sealer in high humidity areas. Why I never thought of that is beyond me. If I can find one at some place like the Salvation Army, I’m going to pick it up for the condo. I just look for things for the condo at the Salvation Army since I don’t use those things very much at all. I would probably only use the sealer a couple of times a year. It’s not very humid here, but it certainly is in FL! Happy birthday to Cory!

I know Steve (it’s his birthday today) wants to go to Waffle House. I just checked and I’ll get two egg whites and bacon.

Vince just told me that the vet’s office is building a new building. It’ll actually be CLOSER to our house. Actually, I can probably walk to it.

Steve likes Waffle House and we couldn’t go there last time he was here so we went. I had two egg whites with mushrooms and onions and instead of the hash browns just tomato slices. Unfortunately, I did eat both pieces of toast. I forgot that they gave you 2 slices, otherwise I would have asked for only 1. Oh well…I’ll still log both. Just had water to drink. It was cold there so I probably should have gotten tea

Flea – I’m with you, I hate wearing a mask. But I am so sick of reading “10 more confirmed cases” “24 more confirmed cases”. I am sick of having to wait to get in someplace. I am sick of not being able to go in an office (like an MD) but having to wait in the car. I really hate it when I just want to get one item and in order to get it I have to wait in line for 15 minutes to go in the store and come out 5 minutes later. If wearing a mask will get us to a “somewhat” normalcy like we had before, I’ll do it. Yes, grudgingly. But I’ll do it. Does your gym have water classes? How is the social distancing issue addressed?

I could feel my ankles were swollen yesterday. Not sure why. Usually they get that way if I’ve had a good amount of salt. Then I had the bacon at Waffle House today. Well, I made those quiche for Jess yesterday and I used bacon. Had a piece, I admit. The bacon today was salty so that must have been what caused the swollen ankles. Not as bad now

Cathy
    – what a transformation!

Annie – (((HUG))) I would have a vet look at them. The vet can tell you if they’re something that needs to be removed. Many times they don’t have to be removed.

Carol
    – I never wiped down all my groceries. I just wash my hands all the time. Actually, I have a thing of hand lotion on the sink I’m washing my hands so much

Ginny OH – the thing I didn’t like about the air fryer (well, one of the things) was that it too SOOO much room.

Dlfk – I used to have a pressure cooker. One of the things that an IP can do that a pressure cooker couldn’t was when you cook meat, you can put frozen meat into an IP whereas you can’t do that with a pressure cooker. With the IP you can make yogurt, use it to make rice. With a pressure cooker, you’d need two other appliances

Michele NC

the pressure cooker I have is like an IP, just not that brand-(BestBuy brand). I cook from frozen often because I don't plan ahead like I should. I have not tried making yogurt yet.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 regarding different eating styles, I am of the opinion that you can't change their eating habits, but you can do you.💖 I mean if your spouse is supportive great, but if he is still bringing home the no no foods, that's pretty much his answer right there. So what do you do? Well for me, I made an area separate from the pantry area for my go to foods. In there I have spices I use, (so when I am playing "chef" for husband I don't have to paw thru spices I won't use to get to the ones I do use!), Healthy pastas, white tuna, ramen, cans of things I like, and my snacks. I don't have to look thru their goods to fix my lunches. Most of my meals come from the fridge anyways, and I have my area in that too. It just makes life easier for me. My husband eats more processed foods, less veggies, but less fat. He snacks between every meal and hey that's ok. It works for him, but that's like opening the flood gates for me! The Navy ruined his taste buds, I tell him! There is a middle ground, and you guys will find yours.👍
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Thank you for your response!! I like the idea of having my own space. I did have a small area for my stuff but not super organized and over the months, other stuff got put with mine. I had my basket of 100cal. snacks(portion control is a major thing for me. It is actually fun to see exactly how much of a snack is 100 calories- then decide is it worth it. If it is just so so tasting, not going to waste my calories on it. If it is amazing, I will eat it slowly and enjoy every bite of it- always tracking all of it. I stay at 1000 cal a day, even though it says my goal is 1200 because that is my buffer incase I am not calculating exactly right. I have found some really tasty snacks in the toddler aisle- also now eating a lot more nori- salty snack that is 20 cal a pack of 10 sheets of the nori- I get all the different flavors. I eat healthy but just too much of the healthy stuff along with the not so healthy snacks). I need to also do better with meal prep. Like your husband , mine loves to snack all the time and then when I have a healthy dinner ready he isn't hungry(but then I see him grabbing the unhealthy snack later because then he is hungry ;) I cook healthy most of the time and add the extras he wants- he would be thrilled with rice every meal(half Japanese) but as a diabetic, he really shouldn't have it every night and not the serving size he has. He has found though that it is stress more than food that spikes his sugar. It will spike higher after just a few hours with his mom than it does if he eats half a pizza.

When we were stationed in Japan I had a Japanese mom come up to me in a restaurant, my son was snacking on teriyaki nori. She was shy, but said "only 3 sheets a day". She did charades for most but what I gathered was her son's doctor told her it can gum up in your belly!
    I have been known to "dismantle" snacks according to how many servings. It says 6 servings I get six bowls out and start dealing out! Then I put them in snack bags. If its salty I reuse the bags for other salty stuff. I have been known to put measuring cups in bags too! It helps me measure.
    I also like the idea of " making a bed of veggies" for my protein to lie in. If its pasta, my go to veggie is wilted fresh spinach. If its chicken related I tend to steam some shredded cabbage. If I am making a big bowl of soup or ramen, I tend to pour the hot broth over fresh spinach.
    Happy organizing! You deserve your space!
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Question: Are any of you still wiping down your groceries before you put them away. We have been but it is getting tiresome.

Carol in GA

I have never done this ... unless something is sticky ...

We've had our food delivered for 2 years now and continue to do so. Someone puts the food in the bags, the bags go into crates and are put onto a truck and driven about for a number of hours. Then they come here and the guy brings the crates to the door, we take the bags out of the crates and into the house.

It's probably been at least a couple hours since someone else touched the bag, and longer since someone touched the food inside the bag.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    edited June 2020
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 regarding different eating styles, I am of the opinion that you can't change their eating habits, but you can do you.💖 I mean if your spouse is supportive great, but if he is still bringing home the no no foods, that's pretty much his answer right there. So what do you do? Well for me, I made an area separate from the pantry area for my go to foods. In there I have spices I use, (so when I am playing "chef" for husband I don't have to paw thru spices I won't use to get to the ones I do use!), Healthy pastas, white tuna, ramen, cans of things I like, and my snacks. I don't have to look thru their goods to fix my lunches. Most of my meals come from the fridge anyways, and I have my area in that too. It just makes life easier for me. My husband eats more processed foods, less veggies, but less fat. He snacks between every meal and hey that's ok. It works for him, but that's like opening the flood gates for me! The Navy ruined his taste buds, I tell him! There is a middle ground, and you guys will find yours.👍
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Thank you for your response!! I like the idea of having my own space. I did have a small area for my stuff but not super organized and over the months, other stuff got put with mine. I had my basket of 100cal. snacks(portion control is a major thing for me. It is actually fun to see exactly how much of a snack is 100 calories- then decide is it worth it. If it is just so so tasting, not going to waste my calories on it. If it is amazing, I will eat it slowly and enjoy every bite of it- always tracking all of it. I stay at 1000 cal a day, even though it says my goal is 1200 because that is my buffer incase I am not calculating exactly right. I have found some really tasty snacks in the toddler aisle- also now eating a lot more nori- salty snack that is 20 cal a pack of 10 sheets of the nori- I get all the different flavors. I eat healthy but just too much of the healthy stuff along with the not so healthy snacks). I need to also do better with meal prep. Like your husband , mine loves to snack all the time and then when I have a healthy dinner ready he isn't hungry(but then I see him grabbing the unhealthy snack later because then he is hungry ;) I cook healthy most of the time and add the extras he wants- he would be thrilled with rice every meal(half Japanese) but as a diabetic, he really shouldn't have it every night and not the serving size he has. He has found though that it is stress more than food that spikes his sugar. It will spike higher after just a few hours with his mom than it does if he eats half a pizza.

When we were stationed in Japan I had a Japanese mom come up to me in a restaurant, my son was snacking on teriyaki nori. She was shy, but said "only 3 sheets a day". She did charades for most but what I gathered was her son's doctor told her it can gum up in your belly!
    I have been known to "dismantle" snacks according to how many servings. It says 6 servings I get six bowls out and start dealing out! Then I put them in snack bags. If its salty I reuse the bags for other salty stuff. I have been known to put measuring cups in bags too! It helps me measure.
    I also like the idea of " making a bed of veggies" for my protein to lie in. If its pasta, my go to veggie is wilted fresh spinach. If its chicken related I tend to steam some shredded cabbage. If I am making a big bowl of soup or ramen, I tend to pour the hot broth over fresh spinach.
    Happy organizing! You deserve your space!
    💖Rebecca
    Rebecca-
    I guess I should check on the nori- I have been eating two packs a day- I love all the flavors we can get now. The wasabi and the kimchee are really good- hot so makes me drink more water
    I bought a cute basket at the thrift store and used that for my snacks. I broke everything down in 100cal packs so it was a lot easier to track everything- that was before I found MFP. I did great for the first month or so. Then other snacks were getting put in there(there are two other baskets on the table but those are for the daycare kids or family). I LOVE huge salads with a little protein on it. The only time I use larger plates/bowls is when I have a salad. Other wise, I only use the kids plates. I made my version of pho last night and we actually like it better with OUT the noodles.

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Rori: I am delighted to hear you’re getting VA support. Everything that can help is a blessing in my thoughts. I am happy that there is a bit of light in the tunnel. (((HUGS)))

Rebecca: I have a plan to get the test at he hospital before my procedure. It will be accepted by the doctor. This takes a bit of the stress load off. :star:

Barbie: Waiting in the car would be difficult/impossible for DH. We have a hotel room reserved for his use. He likely won’t spend a whole night there, but he’ll be comfortable while I’m off in test land. :bigsmile:

I am relieved to have the details lined up and a reasonable plan to get my Covid 19 test and then the colonoscopy. I hope this doesn‘t turn out to be necessary again for many years to come. Thank for your support. It helps!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Ginny: I think a lot of modern, open-plan offices will need be changed for health reasons. For sure, no one in their right mind will want to hot desk. I like your streamlined home office space. 😤 On the Apple upgrade changes. Don't you just hate it when they do that. I had all sort of problems with my Fitbit sync after the last one. Grrrr!!!
    I think that your Covid spoiler is very important for everyone to read. It's a pity that people don't get the seriousness of this virus before they get the these outbreaks. Complacency is so rife!!! This has happened so many times now.
    Please take heed!!!!! No one and nowhere is immune. All it takes is ONE person! The infection is viciously exponential!!!

Amber: Praying for your daughter and her crewmates.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, it rained non stop on our dog walk this morning, but Leah didn't seem to mind :) at least the sun is trying to get out now. Here's a pic from a few days ago, she loves hiding behind trees whilst daughter throws her ball.
    rn75mw8oqo6t.jpg

I haven't seen my grandson since before the lockdown, I was hoping as things are getting slowly back to normal he would feel safe coming over on Sunday's again, but he has been brainwashed by his mum that he is "at risk" and is still too afraid to visit. (He has epilepsy) It is Father's Day today and I know my son is disappointed, I think they are planning a visit at grandsons house outside on the lawn - socially distancing - which will be okay if the weather stays fine. There is no love lost between my son and his ex, they can't be together 5 minutes before they start arguing, so not sure how this will work out. Hopefully she will keep out of the way and let the two of them catch up.

I've been thinking of getting an instant pot too, but not sure how often I'd use it, might be a good idea to get a cheap one as you suggested Debbie and if I like it upgrade to a branded one.

I've had good news and bad news this week, the good is that my nephew and his partner (nobody seems to get married these days) have just had a little boy (after many years of trying) I am so pleased for them. The bad news is that a dear friend has had her breast cancer return after having had successful treatment only early last year. I'm praying that she can beat it again. Don't know too many details as she has cut back on social media to concentrate on fighting the cancer. One of the group is in touch with her and keeps us informed, this way she doesn't get overwhelmed with too many questions etc.

I'm another one who has never washed down groceries, I have had a few deliveries and the items are bagged like Machka mentions in her post. Talking of which I'd better try and get a delivery for next week, I'm still not keen on going to the supermarket yet. I'm trying to get my mum to make a food order for the week rather than giving me a list everyday for bits and bobs.

Love
    Viv UK <3
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Appliance I cannot live without – washing machine. I hate having dirty clothes and they always seem dirty! (I am fond of the A/C in the living room, but I even lived in FL without it so I can get by. I don’t like being too warm. I love a fire in the winter!)

Luci is a:
    Wife, Mom, Grandma, Doggy Mom, Musician, Lover of Nature, and often a Mess

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Oh, be still my heart... part of me wants to be up there loving and squeezing on him... latest Levi sighting, and the only real reason I'm staying on Facebook anymore.

7qqff67rt5ty.png
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sunday.

During the past few weeks I have gotten out of my normal routines such as meal planning, prep, and cooking on Sundays. I have also been putting off many small cleaning projects which is going to stop. I believe this is primarily due to the days turning into weeks and then months of being outside of normal. This is a really delayed reaction. If everyone recalls I got extremely mad at the fairy dust and stated I would not let it break me or slip in to bad habits and regain any of the weight I lost. I am still down from pre-fairy dust but if I keep going with my food and lifestyle choices I will go back to where I was in September. And, I WILL NOT allow that to happen.

So after much deliberation I have decided (yes, a week ahead, for those who read my post yesterday) I am setting my goal down another five pounds. This will place me in a really healthy BMI and will get my A—back in gear. My mantra this week is the Prayer of Serenity.

Ginny – I love your new workspace. I am sure you are finding it makes a difference in being able to divide home and work life. Like you, I found it makes it much easier to say to myself, “It’s time to log out, it has been a long day and tomorrow is another day.”. Sending prayers for your mom. Hopefully she is OK.

Letti – Welcome. I have found tracking is the key to successful weight loss and maintenance. It keeps me visually aware of my intake. As you start to get to know the group you will see many of us use different methods and not one program is a “one size fits all”.

Machka -
    It seems the latest thinking here in the States is we are going to open up anyway. I completely understand – especially here in Florida because our economy is service-based. But, I wish people would be more respectful of others. Since I cannot control others I have made a conscious decision to put myself back under “shelter in place” and limit all of my outside the home activities.
    I am starting to worry about your kidney issue. You seem confident it may be stones, but darn girl those have got to be painful!

Pip – Those pods can be deceiving. And, with your planning skills I am sure you will be able to make everything fit. I liken packing to doing a 3-D puzzle.

Barbie – Oh, no two of those darn things in the house!!! She is taking over. And, I so agree with your statement/question of spending a little for peace of mind. It sounds like that Ninja is getting a workout. Glad Jake is enjoying his new toy! I keep thinking about getting one but am not sure I would use it after the fascination wore off. Keep us posted!

Katla – I am so happy your test plans seem to be coming together. Hopefully all goes smoothly and this is quickly in your rearview mirror.

Tracey – Sending positive thoughts and prayers to your cousin. It is always shocking to see someone fresh out of surgery. It’s too bad her husband isn’t a little tougher. It’s not good for the patient to see such reactions. It’s my feeling he was overwhelmed by something he could not take care of for her.

Flea –
    I completely agree with you and your husband’s discussion. Isn’t it funny how we can, as humans, all be thinking/discussing the same topic and be in total agreement without being in proximity of each other? Group think on massive scale. And, it’s not so much I hate wearing a mask, if it helps the community as a whole. Seriously, does a mask make us give up any of the other freedoms we enjoy? Heck, no. So in my mind I see those who feel it’s their right not to wear one as being a little self-centered. And, I so dislike grouping a large swath of people in to one category.
    I am not sure I would feel comfortable to going to a gym right now. It’s not something I have to worry about since I am not a member to any of the facilities in my area.

Amber – Sorry to hear about your daughter’s lock down. Better safe than sorry with so many soldiers living on base. How are they handling meals? Are they delivered? Seems like a logistical nightmare! I hope they are not stuck eating rations!!!!

Allie – So glad you were able to enjoy some time at the winery and picnicking with your friends. It sounds like it was good for your soul.

Cathy – I remember you shared your transformation pictures a month or so back. Great success! Question – are you still running for wine? LOL…..

Carol – I started getting a little relaxed about wiping things down, but have gotten back on track. It is just too easy to touch something and then rub my face or eyes. I would rather be safe than sorry. And, honestly I still recall my parents saying, wipe that down before you open it. So it brings back memories.

Beth – Big hug to you. He will learn to be sure trash is taken out when he goes away regardless of the length of time.

Karen – I just love the squirrel tire swing!

Well, it’s time for me to fly. Second load of laundry is in the washer and current one is almost dry. The sun is up and there are a few gardening items I would like to get done before the afternoon rains start. Then, it’s painting prep. I need to finish taking down the pictures in the master bedroom and patching the holes. Will be cooking and prepping meals later this afternoon. And, I must really get a letter written to my mom’s best friend who sent me a birthday card. I thought I had her phone number and email address but I think those were lost when my phone died last year. She mentioned to me my mother was her soulmate and now I wonder if there is a story there.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Luci & Lisa ~ Those babies are too darned cute! :)<3

Thanks for your answers about wiping down groceries! Yes, I will keep doing so for now.

I have the Ninja Foodie Grill which acts as an air fryer and grill. I also have a small Insta Pot and a larger Nesco Pressure cooker. Creating space for these really cuts down on my counter space, but, I love all 3 gadgets.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka -
    It seems the latest thinking here in the States is we are going to open up anyway. I completely understand – especially here in Florida because our economy is service-based. But, I wish people would be more respectful of others. Since I cannot control others I have made a conscious decision to put myself back under “shelter in place” and limit all of my outside the home activities.

I am starting to worry about your kidney issue. You seem confident it may be stones, but darn girl those have got to be painful!

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL

Although Tasmania has had no cases in 5 or 6 weeks, and they're opening things early, I'm still trying to avoid contact with others. Still working from home, not going out shopping or places where there are people very often, social distancing.

I have a couple specific reasons ...

1) My husband is going for surgery next week and I want it to go well and him to recover well. :)

2) I am going for surgery two weeks later ... and I want it to go well and to recover well. :)

I just finished all the paperwork for both this afternoon.

Since that one big kidney stone back in 2009, which got lodged and surgically removed, I've gone to the Dr and have had several CT scans when I've suspected kidney stones. Each time, the Dr tells me I've got kidney stones. Usually several. Sometimes in one kidney, sometimes in both. But so far they have been small enough they should pass.

So the Dr recommends hot water bottles, drinking lots of water, and painkillers as needed. It usually flares up if I've gone a few days where I haven't been paying attention to my hydration and lasts several days or sometimes even a few weeks.

The only things I have to watch out for are fever, indicating an infection, or agonising pain as I had with that first big one. So I check my temp each day.

It just aches and makes me tired, and I don't feel like doing much.

As it happens, we've got a big low pressure system directly overhead giving us a wintery blast right now, with up to 70 mm of rain predicted over the next 3 days ... so I don't feel like doing much anyway.

We've stayed in and I've been playing Christmassy music today! :grin:

wbyemmvxu6cr.png

spxczgr6qvcf.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Luci and Lisa - Heartwarming babies. <3<3 Growing so fast.

I'm feeling a bit low today, so I'm going out for a run.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Machka9
    Options
    In other news ... we had a lovely chat with my parents and my brother and his kids through an online video conferencing setup. It's Father's Day tomorrow in North America so we wanted to say "hi" plus this was a test to see if it might work to get all of us together from different parts of the world.

M in Oz