Beachbody support Group!

Options

Replies

• richiechowns
    richiechowns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Half way through the penultimate week of T25 Gamma, where to go next??? Gamma hybrid or something else?
    Do you like the cardio-focused workouts?

I'm trying to build strength for my next phase, for the past 10-15 years or so I've been a marathon runner, but I'd like to get into calisthenics and try something new. As I have BB, I was thinking something like P90X3 next, as T25 is quick HIIT focused - I don't have extensive weights, so dumbbells, kettles and a pull up rack and rings - so my own body weight.
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    P90x might be a good progression then. @PGKY may be able to give better advice on that program, I never done that one and it’s been years since I’ve done p90x3.
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Hope you don’t mind me joining your group. I am Looking for motivation and I am trying to be consistent with my wo. I haven’t stuck to a Beachbody wo for years but I had great results in the past when I did finish a program from Insanity, P90x, S6, Charlene extreme. Not sure if I will do one program or mix and match (going with the flow as long as I get something in daily). My goal is cardio and weight. Today is day one with Burn circuit 1 (Charlene Extreme) and 20 mins on my treadmill.
    Judi
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Half way through the penultimate week of T25 Gamma, where to go next??? Gamma hybrid or something else?

I'm trying to build strength for my next phase, for the past 10-15 years or so I've been a marathon runner, but I'd like to get into calisthenics and try something new. As I have BB, I was thinking something like P90X3 next, as T25 is quick HIIT focused - I don't have extensive weights, so dumbbells, kettles and a pull up rack and rings - so my own body weight.

If you want to use your own body weight insanity is a great workout to tone and build muscle using no weights. Since you are a marathon runner it should be up your alley as it is very cardio focus.
    But your other choices are all good!
  • richiechowns
    Options
    PGKY wrote: »

I'm thinking about following with P90X3 too, I don't have the equipment required but I was looking at it the other day and apparently it can be modified with resistance bands. My though was I can do a run of it modifying a lot and if I like it slowly start getting more things to do it properly as I improve. I have 2 and a half weeks of P90 left to decide.

Sounds good, I think the important thing will be a pull up bar or anchor for a resistance band to do the pull downs. Some of the single weight exercise could be done with a kettlebell which might be cheaper than buying adjustable dumbbells?
  • richiechowns
    Options
    Judikim118 wrote: »

If you want to use your own body weight insanity is a great workout to tone and build muscle using no weights. Since you are a marathon runner it should be up your alley as it is very cardio focus.
    But your other choices are all good!

I have been a marathon runner but since running under 3 hours I've decided I'd like to add a bit of muscle, rather than being so skinny. I gained a bit of fat after my daughter was born and I slowed on the running, I've lost that now so I think I may need to go for a slight surplus and see where it goes.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Liift4 W5D3 Shoulders. ✅
  • richiechowns
    Options
    P90 Day 74 - Sweat C

I'm thinking about following with P90X3 too, I don't have the equipment required but I was looking at it the other day and apparently it can be modified with resistance bands. My though was I can do a run of it modifying a lot and if I like it slowly start getting more things to do it properly as I improve. I have 2 and a half weeks of P90 left to decide.

Sounds good, I think the important thing will be a pull up bar or anchor for a resistance band to do the pull downs. Some of the single weight exercise could be done with a kettlebell which might be cheaper than buying adjustable dumbbells?

Yeah I don't have a bar :( , that has been the main thing preventing me from choosing P90X3. But I'm meaning to get one this year, the thing is I also don't have a good place to install it in and I'm pretty sure I'm not strong enough to use it yet either. But I do want to focus on strength moving forward since I don't really have any weight to lose so might just have to find a way around it or get one.

Where are you based? I just bought a Gravity fitness pull up station thing, it goes up in minutes and packs away in a bag. Maybe you can find similar? Or you can use a sturdy table for rows to build strength for pull ups?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Beta Dynamic Core”=Done.
    Yesterday...”Extreme Circuit”!
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Barre Blend: Booty Blend Week 5
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Diamond Delts"!!!=Done!!
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Liift4 W5D4 Legs 50/50 = donzo!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Focus T25: Gamma Extreme Circuit & Speed 3.0”=Done!
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Forgot to post last night. Barre Blend Cardio Blend 5!

This morning was The Prep Range and Repair followed by Barre Blend Core Blend 5!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using Beachbody programs for 2.5 years. First PIYO, then Brazil Butt Lift, then 21 day fix, then 21 day fix real time, now 21 day fix extreme real time. I like the calendars and variety and the motivation the trainers provide. I’ve lost 20 pounds. I’ve tried other workouts where you get a list of exercises to do, I just am not that disciplined; with Beachbody, you just workout on and do what they tell you to do. I’ve enjoyed each program I’ve done and I’ve definitely added muscle to my body. You have to keep adding weight/progression to continue to add muscle. Fat is lost with calorie deficit.
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Barre Blend Lean Legs Blend 5 ✅
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • rosebud69155
    Options
    Liift4 Chest and Triceps Circuit ✅