30 Day Shred Anyone?

Replies

• Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    edited June 2020
    Level 2, Day 3 ✔
    30 minutes treadmill.
    Made a chocolate whey protien, banana, and peanut butter smoothie. Actually was pretty good! Hope to make it a habit! Keep it up you all. It's a journey, not a race.
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2020
    Level 3 day 1 done. I was going to do this one for the rest of the month but I may do it for a week then alternate 2 and 3 for the last week. This one was really easy for me and a pretty low calorie burn. Its mostly strength focused and I powerlift so get plenty of strength training there.vI got more burn from 2.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Level 2, Day 4 ✔
    40 minutes treadmill
    Today I pushed myself pretty hard. Feeling motivated to push thru the mid way slump. Hope you all are hanging in there! We got this.
  • kakemery
    level 3, day 2 done!
    I did this after my lifting session and holy cow my legs...
  • mizalmond
    mizalmond Posts: 22 Member
    Level 2, Day 5 DOWN!
  • mizalmond
    Level 2, Day 6 DONE
  • kakemery
    I had a bad day yesterday. I didnt get any fitness in other than walking the dog and I ordered Indian and ate way too much.
    I took leave from work during the pandemic because I have 4 kids in school that were falling way behind. Both my husband and I are in tech and our jobs are super demanding. That left me with no contact with humans (even though it was all on teams) except for my dh and kids. After 3 and 1/2 months, I am losing my mind. We may be moving into phase 2 here, but I have severe asthma so I am in the house until phase 4.... I try not to eat my feelings but I was really feeling it yesterday.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    kakemery wrote: »
    I had a bad day yesterday. I didnt get any fitness in other than walking the dog and I ordered Indian and ate way too much.
    I took leave from work during the pandemic because I have 4 kids in school that were falling way behind. Both my husband and I are in tech and our jobs are super demanding. That left me with no contact with humans (even though it was all on teams) except for my dh and kids. After 3 and 1/2 months, I am losing my mind. We may be moving into phase 2 here, but I have severe asthma so I am in the house until phase 4.... I try not to eat my feelings but I was really feeling it yesterday.

Sometimes we just need to step.back for a day or two and regain our thoughts and our sanity. You should be proud of how far you have come so far, and a day to just relax and enjoy yourself is nothing to be derailed over. Take your time, we are in this together. I also was kicked in the rear at work yesterday (Graveyard shift) and I didn't get to do anything other then sleep. I'll be back at it today, but take all the time you need to be back to your focused self.
  • khage525
    khage525 Posts: 30 Member
    kakemery wrote: »
    You are not alone. I had a baby on March 13, which is the weekend the state of TX shut down. I had already been on bed rest prior to that for a month. I’ve been home for about 4 months now and have only left to go to the doctor (for the baby). I have an autoimmune disorder and my younger son has asthma so we don’t go anywhere.. I’ve been stuck at home with my 4 kids and my husband. I really struggle with not having adult human contact some days. Hang in there, I know it’s hard, but it will get better.
  • khage525
    Done with Day 6, level 2. I’m going to grad school and it’s midterms week so I’m bad at posting.. but I’m still in it!
  • kakemery
    Thanks @Slivnfree1982 and @khage525!
    Some days are harder than others for sure. Today felt better. Every few days I get a little stir crazy and I think impending summer break for the kids had my anxiety on high.

Did L3 this am, took the dog on a walk with my rucksack and did some arm work :-)
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Level 2, day 5 ✔
    I will say I was not into it today, I will do a extra day to make it up. I swear graveyard shift plays it's toll on me, but not giving up! No treadmill today as I had to go grocery shopping and get some sleep. Doing great guys. I'm seeing definition in my arms. Crazy!!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Level 2, day 6 ✔
    30 minutes treadmill

I'm cutting out sugar in my diet. Ugh. Feel so foggy...hopefully this detox is fast over. Anyone else taking pictures!? Notice a difference, or clothes fitting different? I'm starting to feel different in my clothes. Like my back is wider!? I don't understand why tho. Oh well. Measurements Tuesday.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Level 2, Day 7 ✔
    30 minutes on the treadmill.

Had a avacodo that was going to go in the next day or 2, so took it, added it to 1/2 cup ice, 3/4 cup milk, 1 scoop Chocolate protien whey, and 2 Tbsp PB. Wow! It is amazing!
  • mizalmond
    edited June 2020
    Level 2, day 8 DOWN. Woo! I didn't want to do it this morning, but I pushed through.

@Slivnfree1982 I'm definitely noticing definition in my arms that wasn't there before, which is awesome. My lower body and tummy have a bit more of a way to go, but I've lost 1.5 inches on my hips (46" to 44.5") and almost a full inch on my waist (33" to 32.25"), so I'm not complaining. I also FINALLY lost some weight - a hard earned 2.8 lbs.

I felt my passion flagging a bit this weekend when confronted with some rough life stuff...my dog is very sick and I'm having to make some hard decisions right now. But I know that the workouts elevate my mood and help me to feel better, even when Jillian is annoying the hell out of me. Let's keep going!

PS: gonna try an avocado in a smoothie STAT. I bet the texture is super silky, and I've read before that their flavor goes really well with chocolate!
  • khage525
    Level 2 day 9 today. Noticing a difference but not as much as I’d like.. I know it’s because I’m having to modify a lot. I will update measurements tomorrow!
  • alexandratucker1990
    alexandratucker1990 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi I am new to this group! I want to become accountable to my workouts and measurements, even if we have one week left to go in June. Also I would love to keep going with you guys in July if that is something the group wants!

Starting point : 6/22/2020
    Neck 12"
    Arm 9.25" (R)
    Arm 9.0" (L)
    Chest 33"
    Waist 25.5"
    Hips 34"
    Thigh 21.5" (R)
    Thigh 20.5" (L)

Worked out today. Going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on whole foods. Wanting to get in a habit of eating cleaner post Father's Day sweets and treats. :)
  • kakemery
    Welcome @alexandratucker1990! I think we are moving to Jillian's ripped in 30 for July :-)
  • kakemery
    Well, this weekend we drove to do a quarantine style get together with my family since I had not seen them since Xmas. That was 6 hours in the car, plus we had pizza and cupcakes for father's day/my niece/daughter's bday. My stomach was a wreck on sunday from it. I cannot eat both pizza and a cupcake in the same day anymore :-1:

Measurements are exactly the same as last week.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Hi I am new to this group! I want to become accountable to my workouts and measurements, even if we have one week left to go in June. Also I would love to keep going with you guys in July if that is something the group wants!

Starting point : 6/22/2020
    Neck 12"
    Arm 9.25" (R)
    Arm 9.0" (L)
    Chest 33"
    Waist 25.5"
    Hips 34"
    Thigh 21.5" (R)
    Thigh 20.5" (L)

Worked out today. Going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on whole foods. Wanting to get in a habit of eating cleaner post Father's Day sweets and treats. :)

You can join no problem..I know a few of us are moving onto Ripped in 30 come July, but your more then welcome to follow us, update, add, and post as you would like. Welcome!!