What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    This is at least the second time you mention this mysterious "miso caramel." Cough up the recipe please, ma'am! It sounds delicious.

This is the recipe I used but next time will reduce water by half so it is easier to take the caramel darker for a more burnt complex flavour. A little drizzle of leftover sauce is great for pimping up mundane fruit such as sliced banana or apple. I used some coconut cream I had lying around instead of dairy.

https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel

I'll take your notes about water and coconut cream into account then give it a shot with the brown rice miso I have. Thank you!!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Zucchini pie and salad of summer veg ❤️
    td2dey4foc4e.jpeg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    Nope. Its not. Yes you can make soft cheese easily, but good real buffalo mozzarella?? Buffalo milk, where?[/quote]

We have buffalo farms down under too. Nothing wrong with their milk at all. They graze on lovely green grass all year. An Italian man I knew told me where I use to work told me it's easy to make.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Nope. Its not. Yes you can make soft cheese easily, but good real buffalo mozzarella?? Buffalo milk, where?[/quote]

We have buffalo farms down under too. Nothing wrong with their milk at all. They graze on lovely green grass all year. An Italian man I knew told me where I use to work told me it's easy to make. [/quote]

Ah.....so you haven't done it yourself. I thought it was strange. Yes you could make it if you've got access to the ingredients, but the quality? In my opinion it wouldn't be worth the hassle and time.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Nope. Its not. Yes you can make soft cheese easily, but good real buffalo mozzarella?? Buffalo milk, where?

We have buffalo farms down under too. Nothing wrong with their milk at all. They graze on lovely green grass all year. An Italian man I knew told me where I use to work told me it's easy to make. [/quote]

Ah.....so you haven't done it yourself. I thought it was strange. Yes you could make it if you've got access to the ingredients, but the quality? In my opinion it wouldn't be worth the hassle and time. [/quote]

Fair enough but I like to try making most things at least once or twice. I have used the buffalo milk as I said before to make ice cream, yogurt and ricotta so as long as I know the quality of the milk is good then why not try it out one day I think.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Last of Saturday night's leftovers were used for oshinko maki.
    3u8jgt797sbb.jpg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fjylng
  • acpgee
    Options
    Steamed artichokes with bearnaise followed by linguine aglio olio.
    a8tf3rp37c8y.jpeg
    7hytllzu1180.jpeg

• MinTheKitCat
    Options
    (Yesterday) Brunch & Dinner
    4xb2xhigv88w.jpeg

k5l5ckem9dhs.jpeg
  • mockchoc
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    We have buffalo farms down under too. Nothing wrong with their milk at all. They graze on lovely green grass all year. An Italian man I knew told me where I use to work told me it's easy to make.

When you make it let us know how this compares to great quality stuff from Italy. And I know it can be good enough. A lot of things are. But good quality cheese at home.... nahhhhhhhhhh. Thats not one of those.

Not sure when I'll get up the coast to buy the milk. Not for sale in shops, not here at least. Can't say I agree with you. The feta we made a few weeks back tasted just like a creamy type of feta. We'll try the crumbly version soon but halloumi is next. I was gifted a great cheese making kit so trying all sorts of cheeses out gradually.

By the way the most disgusting "fresh" mozarella I ever ate .. well I had a couple of bites and left the rest it was so bad was in a very nice restaurant on my last trip to Italy so I get what means by bad moz. My guess is it wasn't too fresh, should have sent it back.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Vegan lasagne udrm3syixuml.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hubby cooked tonight. Nasi goreng with a fried egg and cucumber salad.
    mptmb3ms9omh.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    Options
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Chlodnik to fight the heat wave with a side of spanakopita and salad

then Tarte aux Fruits for desert .

Recipie links

Chlodnik https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chilled-beet-soup-with-buttermilk-cucumbers-and-dill-chlodnik
    Spanakopita https://www.healthymealplans.com/recipe-details/
    Tarte Aux Fruits https://houseofnasheats.com/french-fruit-tart/

5xc7ybeonlb5.jpg

jvsrgaodpuyf.jpg

kpwttgdvk3pm.jpg

j990h3dw6k3d.jpg

Ouuu, I have everything for that beet soup. I think I’ll make it tonight or tomorrow for lunch. Thanks for sharing!

• MinTheKitCat
    Options
    Found out this afternoon our oven’s igniter is out, and spent waaaay too long figuring out how to test for it. so threw together a quick salad diner with some reheated shakshuka. (Thankfully our stovetop is still working)
    eejle5a9jj48.jpeg
  • Tausi
    Tausi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bh21lgvjnryc.jpeg