WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Katla - Big hugs while you go through all this stress. <3

Lisa - You are a marvel! Can't even imagine doing all that. :o<3 Great job.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    MFP is buggy today. Having trouble getting my food logged.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Awe, Katla. I would love to play your piano.💖. Maybe one of these years.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Kayla, we have a know it all bully in our community too. We are only a group of 10, so his voice does get heard. Fortunately, tge other nine of us are reasonably intelligent and so still manage to get things done in spite of him. We have a "princess" too who figures everything revolves around her. They are both a pain.
    Allie, I'm so glad that Jean called palliative care. Even if all that happens is they get some extra equipment to make everybody's lives a little easier, it will be a good thing.
    Official wi day today, down .4 of a pound again this week, not much, but I'll take it, at least it's headed in the right direction!
    Guess that's it for me for now.
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where its cloudy today, but quite warm

congratulations on the weight loss!! .4 is still a loss. I am hoping to start loosing again soon. Trying to figure how to get that darn scale moving again.
    Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Katla - I feel for you, we lived in a townhouse once that had a HOA. I even joined and was able to vote, but the bullies all banded together and outvoted anyone that wanted to make any changes to what they wanted. I would never want to live in that situation again.

I had my Covid test a few minutes ago, I am asymptomatic, but all staff and residents have been encouraged to have one so I did my part. It is unpleasant but not painful, made my eyes water a bit though.

Tracey in Edmonton

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Did the 10 Pounds Down DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the last part of the Dressed Up Drills DVD

Katla – For a long time I’ve been taking my peanuts to the local UPS store for them to reuse them. Lately Amazon seems to be using those bubble things. But the good news is that you can pop them to get the air out and then recycle them. Like I said, we recycle A LOT. I usually only have to put out our garbage to be picked up and even after 2 weeks it’s usually only about ½ full

Vicki – Get well fast.

Karen VA
    – “runners diarrhea”….lol

Michele NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Vicki-wondering if hives started after they put you on something for iron deficiency? Some of that stuff can cause that reaction . . . .hope the rest of your life settles down.

Allie-happy to hear they are calling someone in for Faith. Good of you to be her advocate.

Spent almost 5 hours in office today. Bit strange being out that long, but needed to have in person meeting, check on some things, sign some things. One more step in figuring out how to manage this stuff!

Tracey-governor is asking for those of living in various zip codes in this part of state to get tested due to spike. I will go to one of the sites they open.

Off to warm up dinner--pork chops tonight!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: I would love having you play our piano. One of these years you can come to visit during Halloween Town. Your & your granddaughter are likely to love it. I don’t think Halloween Town is happening this year because of Covid19. I would love to be wrong but it is likely to have to wait until next year when the Covid worries might be over. If she’s a bit older she will likely enjoy it more, anyway. :heart:

Evelyn from Vancouver Island: Thanks for your moral support. :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    ztmpoyfy5gxs.png

:)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 53.53min, 14.7amph, 149mhr, 13.23mi= 499c
    apple watch- 508c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.03min, 143mhr, 10.11min mi, .49mi= 63c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.32min, 10min mi, 144mhr, .45mi= 59c
    apple watch- 58c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 17.08mi, 9amph, 148mhr, 2.55mi= 172c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 793
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

I think as we each live our way through the pandemic, we have opportunities to learn about ourselves and each other. And I find myself being a bit introspective lately. If the introvert/extrovert curve is a bell curve I am near the top just a bit on the introvert side. And yet I have found this shelter in place at times very hard… which I did not fully understand. As I work alone (mostly) and I am not a shopper or a traveler… And finally I realized that there are two things one I have shared and one that is a new realization. So I can’t entertain, no one over for a meal or coffee, the other is that I can’t go any where, not that I would if I could but that I can’t.

Different from some of you we are just beginning to relax our lock down.

So I thought about the “I can’t” and really although it is just a request and suggestion of our local government I know of no one who has been cited or fined…I realized for me the “I can’t” needed a filp.

More thinking…

And then I realized that as many of us do I have charities that I give money or time too and those charities serve the less fortunate (animals, people, environments). I give with a glad heart of my time and my money. And by wearing my mask and staying home I was giving to others also the gift of good health, the gift of a shorter safer commute for the essential worker, a gift that I could give and will continue to give with a glad heart.

Kim from N. California

I've been struggling a bit with the "we can't" thing since my husband's accident. 2 years ago we were suddenly confined to the island of Tasmania for an unknown length of time because of a law which has changed in several Australian states but not yet in Tasmania.

So when the borders closed for everyone, it was almost a relief. "We can't" but neither can anyone else! Whenever the borders do open (August maybe), we still won't be able to leave the island.

The one thing which has helped me is exploring Tasmania. We might not be able to leave the island, but we can travel within the island. Even when we were down to a 30 km radius, there was still quite a lot to see.

Often people travel to other places to see the sights ... and don't really explore their local areas. So I started doing things like walking along roads right in my local area which I hadn't walked before ... and discovered a lovely alternate route to the beach!! It's also flat enough that it's good for running.

And yes, you're absolutely right ... simply by complying with the recommendations, we're making life a lot easier and safer for others. <3

Machka in Oz

1qx90ihlup4y.png

alz5q22jra3z.png
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Katla- Remove the shrub leave a nice big hole 🕳 for a long time like 6+ months type long before filling it. Blame the “virus” for having trouble replacing it.

Daughter still no symptoms. Fingers crossed that continues. Keeping my calories in check more for maintaining at the moment since stress makes it hard to eat or I over eat so trying to stay in the middle area.

Will be just me y JR since Hubby will be busy this week. Sometimes his schedule is leave before we awake y sleep after we’re down.Before JR I could wake earlier then go back to bed until Daughter school time. Or Go to sleep set my alarm wake up watch a movie until he walks in. Long driving for him to job sites happens I also get to be on FaceTime keeping him awake as he drives.

Amber Tx

Called my Dad he’s trucking along. Trying to keep my family in one piece as we keep trucking forward.