• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    lol love the diet fork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Amber TX: Your advice about the landscaping is a grand idea. I was thinking along the same lines. I plan to do what I wanna, wanna do--- :devil:

Machka: That diet fork will put us all on the chain gang. :wink: I like chopsticks because I know how to use them. Knives, forks & spoons, too. :bigsmile:

Heather: Thanks for the hugs. They are helping. :flowerforyou:

Tracy: Congrats on your Covid test results! I hope I do as well as you. :heart:

Michele: The UPS store was happy to take the bubble wrap & air cushions as well as the peanuts. We haven’t had many packages delivered here that didn’t have the bubble cushions lately. :star:

(((Allie))): Stick to your guns. Some of your relatives seem to be hoping to take advantage of your innate kindness and generosity. :star:

Kim: We’ve been warned to stay safe. The implication is to stay home, but I’ve had to do all of the grocery shopping and run all of the errands. I’m not taking yoga classes until after my procedure. I did have a lovely ride on Arrow in a large arena with plenty of room for my teacher on her horse and me on Arrow. That was the most fun I’ve had since February. Here in our townhouse community people are friendly at a safe distance. Everyone is careful. :flowerforyou:

I live in Columbia County. So far we’ve had 26 confirmed cases & 19 have recovered. There have been no deaths. It is a much safer place than Portland, where I have to go for my medical procedure. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Tumble to groomer; line dance class,
    Bonus:
    Get to do: Coos Bay for car service, Wal~Mart, Natural Grocers, Farmers’ Market, Thursday: call Pacific Vision for appointment; Chiropractor, BiMart for rx, carry over 10 mins cleaning Guest Bath, Living Rm, Master Bath, Bedrooms, call PC guy about mic/speaker, practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant pineapples, bean, melons, cukes; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Wednesday to Coos Bay for service, WalMart, Natural Grocers and Farmers’ market; Thursday 10 am Chiro & make up BB&B, Friday 9am stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s stove; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.

Pretty sleepy so just skimmin’. Big day tomorrow, travel 2+ hrs north to take car in for penultimate service under extended warranty. Will take advantage to stop in at Natural Grocers and the much bigger WalMart. Hope I can find a coffee shop or somewhere I can sit near the Farmers’ market, dealer has no waiting room and the service will take 3 hours.

Machka sending waves of good thoughts for your DH’s surgery day after tomorrow. How long will he be in hospital? Really enjoyed the Evolution of the Piano
    Katla I’m SMH at your critical neighbor. Criticizing shrubbery? That woman has way too much time on her hands. Reminds me of the insurance ad with the aggressive HOA lady. Foo.
    Lisa “ear mites” :lol:
    Vicki GI NE Wow you’ve really had it rough. Glad you stopped by, sending vibes to calm those hives away.
    Allie I wonder of Jean was completely frank with Faith’s doctor.
    Kim :love: your flip, you have the gift.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=3969 vits=22 log=23 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=7 mfp=23 clean 10 mins=9 outside=9 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=3 dance=5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=12 play=0 sew=1
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Pretty sleepy so just skimmin’. Big day tomorrow, travel 2+ hrs north to take car in for penultimate service under extended warranty. Will take advantage to stop in at Natural Grocers and the much bigger WalMart. Hope I can find a coffee shop or somewhere I can sit near the Farmers’ market, dealer has no waiting room and the service will take 3 hours.

Machka sending waves of good thoughts for your DH’s surgery day after tomorrow. How long will he be in hospital? Really enjoyed the Evolution of the Piano

Barbara

Thank you! It should be a day surgery, but because of his brain injury and epilepsy, they may decide to keep him in overnight depending on how he reacts to the anaesthetic and surgery. He can't take his medication before the surgery, so that adds an element of the unknown to the mix.

I hope you have a good trip tomorrow. :)

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Machka - Sending my very best wishes to your husband and you. My DH had the op as a day patient a few years ago and all was fine. It was really quick! I realise that the anaesthetic might be the biggest problem for your husband. It will be good to get it over with. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Phew, it's not even 9am and it's already hotter than H*ll B)

Machka sending good wishes to you and hubby, hope everything goes well <3 (diet fork :D )

Barbara that's a long way to get the your serviced, :o hope you find a coffee shop and a Farmers market to while away the time.

I'm meeting up with friends tomorrow for a socially distancing picnic, but we are not sure where to go, we were going to go to the Knavesmire (where they hold the horseracing in York) but it has no shade and it's going to be too hot to sit out in the open. Then we thought of Rowntrees Park, but someone mentioned the toilets are not open, so it is back to the drawing board. Not sure we ladies (being of a certain age) can do without a toilet break for the afternoon :D

Wonder if it is too early to mow the lawn? At least there's a little breeze now.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    Wednesday --

First decent walk in a while ... on the treadmill. It's still chilly and drizzly out there.

Distance: 4.52km
    Moving Time: 53:05
    Elapsed Time: 53:56
    Pace: 11:44/km
    Calories: 152

6v05tkgqaefj.png

Machka in Oz
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Machka LOL The bear in Rhody’s food! So cute! “Let it Go day”…lol…now I can’t get the Frozen song out of my head! I would also love to go back to the piano. We grew up with one of my Aunt and Uncle’s grand pianos (with weighted keys for finger strengthening) in the living room. I would play all the time. Now, I never do since there isn’t an instrument handy. I miss it!

Katla Glad you will soon be done with your colonoscopy. I have had to have them rather often…prep is not my favorite experience, but I do like going to my happy place during the procedure.

Lisa Levi is so cute in the jumper!! Iris doesn’t use hers much anymore. She seems to prefer jumping in our laps. Love your glider! It looks so nice and great to make a brand-new piece of furniture for only $30!!

Heather Enjoyed your son and his partner’s daughter on YouTube. I subscribed to his channel and will watch more. DH’s daughters look delightful! It’s nice they are spending quarantine together. I love (zombie) England in the distance. I always wanted to go there. My Aunt and Uncle lived in Canfield Gardens in London (which means nothing to me since I never was able to travel there). I wish I had been to their flat. It looked nice in pictures.

Karen Great pictures by your friends!

Amber Not sure if I missed it…did you find out if your daughter tested positive??

Rita Beautiful photos. It always amazes me the variety of areas in the country. We are hoping for a trip out west when the virus and all has passed.

Allie So glad your SIL called Palliative care! Her idea of what your responsibilities were in caretaking was so unfair. I hated seeing her taking advantage of your kindness that way! Ugh!! Just read that Palliative care won’t take her yet. So sorry!

Vicki Great to see you again! So sorry you are having a rough time! Hope things improve very soon!

<3 and hugs to All! We head to PA tomorrow to see my brother (from MI) and my sister and spouses. Nervous about using restrooms along the way, but we have all been social distancing, so hopefully all will be safe. Will be good to see each other. It’s an 8-hour drive for us. I will probably take pain med and sleep…

Luci in WNC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    And ,my SIL ughhhhh
    So she said the dr wont have Palliative care as she isnt that far yet...and no xray for her ankle because there is no bruising and she can walk on it,and she is playing games and trying to get me to work the weekend ,its not happening.

👍🏻 Stick by your decision, Allie. Don’t give in to her games!

@GodMomKim Introspection is something that many people are finding in our present situation. I love the way you have reframed the whole pandemic scenario. I think it would benefit many people to adopt your ideas.

Machka: Love your positive attitude in the face of your changed circumstances. You are a remarkable woman. I hope your hubby’s surgery goes well. (((Hugs)))

We have also taken the opportunity to rediscover our locale, which is literally right on the edge of town with country lanes 5 minutes walk away.

Just back from my weekly shopping for essentials, and still have to put half of the groceries away.

(((Hugs))) to those in extremis. 💕💖💕
    Welcome to our new people. Don’t be shy! Jump in when the spirit moves ya!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
    👍🏻 Make it a good one! 👌🏻

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Last night at dinner hubby discovered that part of the white of my eye was bright red. (No! I wasn’t bitten by a vampire!!! 😂)

Turns out I have a Sub-conjunctival haemorrhage, no pain, discomfort or loss of sight, but it does look weird. Apparently, relatively harmless, and it will get better on its own in a week or two. I will be keeping an eye on it!

Has anyone else had one of these?

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Lisa: Brava on the magnolia bargain.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Lisa lucky find with magnolias sound wonderful.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I love magnolias.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Dressed Up Drills Interval. Boy, this DVD has so many premixes that it’s going to take me a while to go thru them all. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Legs with weights DVD. I’m going to try to do more of the DVD’s that I downloaded so that I can see which ones work in the laptop and which don’t so I’ll know which to take to the condo.

Kim – I was always the person who was the extrovert – wanting/needing to be in a group. Now I find myself shunning group gatherings. I am not ready to take a group exercise class. This is new for me. The bad thing is that I find that I want to cook/bake more and eat more. Still maintaing, tho. But it’s hard – very hard

M – love that fork. All the best for your hubby. I’ll be thinking of him

Katla – wish I knew how to use chopsticks. Hey, during this pandemic, Jess likes sushi. Maybe I should buy some and ask her to teach me. I didn’t realize the UPS store would also take the air cushions! I always put them in recycling. Safe travels

I honestly can’t figure out if social distancing is the best thing to do or to try to get out of the stores (out of groups) asap. I don’t like waiting while someone says “do we need blueberries, is that a good price”. I know what I want and I just want to get out of the store.

Barbara
    – safe travels tomorrow

Sending prayers to Rori

Luci
    – whenever I use a public restroom, I always squat. In this way, I don’t touch the toilet. OK, you can’t get out of touching the sink when you wash your hands, but it least you’re not sitting on the toilet. Safe travels

Weather looking nice so I’ll probably be in the pool. Great place to social distance….lol

Lisa – great find on the magnolias. I really don’t like plants that grow real tall

Barbie – what are the changes you are planning?

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Yep. The original hedge plant that was there drowned in a flood many years ago. I couldn’t find a replacement in any of the landscape supply places around here, so I put in a substitute. I suspect there will be a replacement “someday.” I am really not a huge boxwood fan and would personally prefer a hedge with several different complimentary shrubs. I don’t actually expect a change. If they find a boxwood of the appropriate size, I’ll let them replace the shrub that is there. :ohwell:

Machka: Add my good wishes to those of others. I hope all goes very well for your DH. :heart:

Viv: I hope you find a great place for your meet-up with good friends. :star:

Luci in WNC: The prep is the absolutely worst part of the colonoscopy. This will be my second one. The first was a number of years ago, and a very long car trip away. At least this will be a shorter drive from where I live. DH had an excellent experience with this group of doctors. The Covid 19 proofs and hoops are a challenge. I'll be going from a county with no worries to the most Covid dense location in the state. :grumble:

Lisa: Thanks for your good wishes. The support of friends is a huge stress reliever. :star: I love magnolias. I’m glad you found some that please you. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Giving your notice must feel a bit like jumping off a cliff. I hope you have a pleasant fairwell and happy adventures to follow. :heart:

We need to have our boat surveyed for insurance purposes. I think we have that handled but won’t relax about it until the diver comes and looks at the underside of the boat. This will be a lot easier and less expensive than having it hauled out of the water.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon