JFT - Thursday June 25
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Friday June 26
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@HEGoddard0928 - Hugs to you, I hope you have a better day today. How is Matt feeling now?

@AJB1014 - I hope you have a better day today. I've read that about same storm, different boats. It's a very apt analogy as no one is exactly the same as the next person. For me personally there hasn't been much change except not being able to see my family. I have worked right through. My husband was supposed to go back to work on April 27th for the season, but that didn't happen and he has been told it won't happen this year. That is our biggest concern right now. The government subsidies are covering his partial wages but we don't know how long that will last.

I went for a walk last night with my new shoes, my feet felt so much better, but my calves hurt. Hopefully I can get a few walks in this weekend and the pain will ease. I ate over my calorie allowance again yesterday, but managed to only have 1 popsicle for an evening treat. I will have to continue to buy these. I wish I could buy a box of just c orange and cherry but not grape. I am saving the grape for the Grands as I don't like them.

I have to leave work early today to head into the city to go to the bank and make a deposit for work. The local branch that we use had a sewage backup and is temporarily closed.

I am looking forward to the weekend, it's been a long week.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hi @mytime6630 !!! Hugs to you and your family. Its so hard to find healthy shelf stable snacks!!! I've liked the little pear cups as an apple alternative, and 100 calorie popcorn bags! Im so glad to see you again!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run - 3 miles.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: leftovers. Write a blog post - album?
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup? 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. Email Dr. Bates. Park 10-6.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. R off 6, F 12-6 walk, S 12-6 3, N off 10, M 10-6 walk, T 3-8 6. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Loyal Tea before play practice Thursday. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Need to begin working on Google certification! Fri Jul 3 Hamilton. Thurs AM run; blood work?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 191.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @mytime6630. COVID 19 has brought misery to so many people without them catching it. Sending you and your family hugs
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 26 June

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goal :)

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    So Wednesday and Thursday were so crazy I didn’t journal, didn’t make my JFT lists, but I did eat green and exercise each day. Today “calmed down”...I only worked 8.5 hours. 😛 Really looking forward to relaxing this weekend, but I do have to get all my food caught up—I’m out of salad etc.

I will try to catch up on posts tomorrow...wishing you all a lovely weekend!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, timer, weigh, pill, pets
    2. Long walk before it gets too hot
    3. Breakfast = protein pancakes
    4. Meal plan
    5. Grocery shop
    6. Lunch = left overs
    7. Make 3 salads
    8. Roast chicken for salads
    9. Dinner = salad + chicken
    10. Upstairs by 10
    11. Layout clothes
    12. Journal
    13. Meditate
    14. Lights out 10:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
    One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
    1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🚫🚫🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘🧘🧘🚫🧘🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for a peaceful, content household.

WOTY: Habits
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Friday 26th June

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green not quite
    Back exercises no
    5 Fruit and veg 4
    Walk, post birthday card only 5 minutes to post card
    Print off new instructions for business, and make lists no
    Do the small jobs which are building up no

Ended up hardly doing anything yesterday as I felt tired and sick all day. I'm sure today will be better!

JFT Saturday 27th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercise
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk? Weather is bad
    Print off new instructions for business, make lists
    Paperwork
    Do small jobs

A shame it's raining today as Saturdays are when family would visit in my garden. A day for indoor jobs.
    I need to prep and make sure I'm prepared for my little business opening back up next week. It's becoming quite expensive buying cleansers, protective gear and other things required. I feel very very responsible for making sure my premises are virus free and people will be safe. It will be hard work. (I know, all of you who have been working throughout will be laughing at me right now :) )
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    JFT - Friday
    15k steps👍
    Log everything 👍
    Stay within calorie target 👎 200 over target
    7hrs sleep👍
    Run👎 It was so beautiful when we got home from work that we spent the evening sat in the garden - lovely! Got to get going today

JFT - Saturday
    15k steps
    Log everything
    Stay within calorie target
    7hrs sleep
    Run!

Have a good day everyone - look after yourselves as best you can X
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    FRIDAY:
    - Log everything/ Stay green🔴
    - Exercise (cardio)🟢
    - Laundry / dishes🟢
    - Birthday parade🟢
    - Continue computer work:
    - - School paperwork🔴
    - - Continue clearing gmail🔴
    - - Taxes🔴

Happy weekend! I’m excited to continue working on the fence project. It was stalled during the week while my husband was working because everything that’s left requires 2 people.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY GOALS:
    - Fence!
    - Haircut for DH
    - Financial stuff
    - Keep up with housework

Enjoy the day!
  • AJB1014
    @littleblackskirt good for you for taking every precaution opening your store. Your employees will appreciate it more than you know, customers too!!!
  • AJB1014
    1. Wash face/brush teeth am ✔
    2. Write chores goals on fridge ✔
    3. Water everytime at sink. 👎 could have been better!
    4. Smoothie for breakfast ✔
    5. Log food ✔
    6. Track JGMTD ✔
    7. Eat when hungry/stop when full ✔
    8. Talk back to negative thoughts/be kind ✔ yayyyy!!!!
    9. Wash face/brush teeth PM ✔
    10. Bed by 1030 ✔

Work day so things are a little different
    1. Wash face brush teeth am
    2. Eat breakfast
    3. Pack lunch, masks and sanitizer
    4. Log food
    5. Track JGMTD
    6. Help DH with a chore when i get home
    7. Talk back to negative thoughts/be nice
    8. Drink water before leaving, at lunch and when home
    9. Wash face/brush teeth on
    10. Bed by 1030

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @littleblackskirt good for you for taking every precaution opening your store. Your employees will appreciate it more than you know, customers too!!!

@AJB1014, thank you. I don't think I've ever mentioned it, my business is a holiday let apartment, not a store.
    I usually clean it thoroughly when guests leave on a Saturday, obviously now I will have to clean then disinfect everything. Holidays are allowed from 4th July. The government guidelines are long! I have to use cleansers which have been tested on coronavirus, which I couldn't find in my town, thank goodness for the internet! I haven't been able to travel to the apartment since March, so will have to take shower heads apart and disinfect, so there is no chance of guests catching Legionnaires Disease. I feel very responsible for providing a clean and safe environment, but am also aware that guests could actually bring the virus with them from other parts of the country, so need to protect myself too. I would prefer not to open up, but have had no income while it's been closed, so it makes sense to accept the summer lets. It seems people are desperate to go on holiday!

Anyway, I'll be so busy there will be no time to eat, so Saturdays may be very good dieting days :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9

JFT Fri 26 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷centring
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷87
      Cardio: > 30🌷HIIT /walk/jog w weights
      Strength: > 10🌷Legs
      Flex: >10🌷Standing Pilates 35 mins
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷8148
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷10
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷 meditation:✅ Write journal:✅
      🌷HIIT Walk/Jog: :sweat_smile:
      🌷Standing Pilates:✅
      🌷Fold/Put laundry away✅
      🌷Finish summer planters✅ Watch TV: ✅ 🌷Puzzles:✅ crochet:✅ Knit✅

JFT Sat 27 June:
      Daily goals:🌟
      Sleep:
      Meditation: 🌟Calm Being🌟
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30🌟
      Strength: > 10🌟general circuits
      Flex: >10 🌟10 warm-up/25 pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation:✅ Write journal:
      🌷HIIT glutes/legs :sweat_smile:
      🌷do/hang out Fold/Put laundry✅
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷write on Birthday project for grandson

Legs are protesting today so easing up a little, to let the muscles rest.

• TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
      @littleblackskirt Hope all goes well when your business reopens. It must have been a stressful few months for you.
      @mytime6630 It's lovely to see you posting again. I understand your dilemma, but, as you say, your concern has to be with your husband for now. (((Hugs)))
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      JFT, 6/24/20

- JFT :smiley:
      - 3 bullet points on my outline :smiley::smiley:6 actually! A few of them aren't fully fleshed out yet in the outline but I know what I want them to be about so I'm not worried about that.
      - 2 mini goals :smiley:
      - actually cook something for dinner :smiley:I only sauteed some frozen pierogies in butter. Lol. But it's still better than take out!

So Matt still isn't feeling great. His stomach isn't happy with him but he's been able to work which is a blessing. The next few days are going to have to be back to a really bland diet. Lots of plain chicken and veggies and maybe a little bit of starch from potatoes or rice. This has happened before and sometimes it has lasted a few days. I'm hoping it ends soon. I hate it when he feels like this because there's really nothing I can do.

We got out new couch delivered yesterday! We got it at a furniture thrift shop. It's wonderful! Lol. The delivery guy wasn't sure he was going to be able to get it to us yesterday but he did at like 5:30. Lol. We LOVE it. It has a recliner at each end, is kinda firm but still comfortable, and is made of great material. To get the previous one out Dad, Matt, and I stood on the back of it and pushed until it broke. Lol. We all almost tumbled forward when the wood gave way. It was really funny.

I am in a much better mood than I was a few days ago. I also spent most of yesterday sleeping. I'm not sure why. But it was glorious! I ended up taking 2 3-hour naps! Lol. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Lol. I got up with Matt at 6 this morning too and then went back to sleep for another hour and a half before running to the store. Now I'm awake and plan to stay that way!

Okay! Enough of my novel!

JFT, 6/27/20

- JFT :smiley:
      - 2 mini goals
      - 6 outline bullets
      - Chicken, peas, and rice for dinner
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Really struggling with excess calories for last three days... partially due to vacation, partially because I eat when I’m stressed and also I have no self control when it comes to sweets...

Luckily I have stayed very active... but the math is the math. More calories in than out will result in pants getting tight

Goals for Saturday
      Already did a long trail Ride w my buddy
      Now only goal is to record my calories and end up green for today
      No chocolate
      Choose fruits
      Beer only if hang w friends
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Friday: all food logged
      Saturday: log all food!
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member

SW 6/26: 185
      Todays weight: 182.5
      1st goal: 178
      ultimate maintaining goal: 175

Goals Friday:
      1. log ALL food :)
      2. concentrate on 8+ glasses water :)
      3. only ONE snack in the evening ... a protein drink or protein bar :)
      4. get back on here tomorrow .. be accountable :)

Goals for today, Saturday, June 27
      1. log ALL food
      2. concentrate on 8+ glasses water
      3. only ONE snack in the evening ... a protein drink or protein bar
      4. get back on here tomorrow .. be accountable