New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    cgupup4y7edg.jpeg
    These are really good! Nice serving size for 200 calories. My favorite was the morning jump. Loved the mix of almond blueberries and chocolate. They are like chocolate nut clusters but have added protein (8g per pack). I liked them a lot more than I expected. I ate 4 packs at once they were so good, lol.

I got them free with rebate on amazon! Definitely worth trying for free.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2020
    They are offering free rebate via visa gift card after item ships when you purchase on amazon :smiley: I just ordered yesterday and got my gift card today!

https://www.facebook.com/1841639076156161/posts/2663451063974954/

tlur1q79wy22.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    This was sooo good!

ryq04hqdkneq.jpg

Ok. Again, I am fine with these began options. What I do have a huge problem with is the labelling. Even if this was available here I would never buy this for that reason alone.

The above is not tuna. This is tuna.

Out of curiosity, how would you find it acceptable for a brand to communicate that this is a food designed to replicate the taste and texture of tuna?

I'm not sure who the question was referring to, but if it was to me I can explain easy. First, curious as to what the alternatives actually taste like and I wanted a quick snack that was under 100 calories and easy. Second, it is easy. I have been a plant based pescatarianfor years. Due to ethical, enviornmental and some health reasons pertaining to metals, mercury autoimmune) Ihave been vegan. As a vegan,I do not eat any fake- meat- egg replacementssimply because I just don't want it. Seafood I do like. So it was interesting to see.
    As a huge past consumer of fish, it did have a similar satiated to the tuna packets I used to get- quite frankly it was denser and more filling. It was befinately nothing but I cansee the connection. Anyway I enjoyed it.

Someone said he would never buy it because he dislikes the name, that it shouldn't be called "tuna." I don't understand how he would prefer have a brand communicate that this is a product designed to remind people of tuna.

No idea, not my job.

Milkless milk.
    Meatless meat.
    FIshless fish.

Makes sense to me.

If you can't imagine any type of marketing for the product that rouse your ire, I'm thinking that says more about you than the marketing of the product. It's a simple way to communicate that the food is designed to remind the eater thinking of tuna. Same with plant milks or meatless meat. It's the fastest way to communicate what the product is meant to be used for.

Please do explain this to me like im 5 so that I miss a point here.

I'm really not trying to explain anything to you like you're five, so I apologize for that. I'm more trying to understand what kind of marketing wouldn't raise ire from non-vegans here.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Mom! Dad! Stop fighting!

Go to your room!!!!
    Mom and dad arent fighting, this is adults talking lol we both love you very very much... but daddy a bit more.

I'm still waiting for mom to weigh in. I'm hoping to make bank on this fight thing.

Or...you could just cook for me forever and ever and ever cuz...damn! :)
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    wait... these were a thing???
    v1j1a2wg6zl7.png

I am watching for these!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    A new to me product: smoked salt

How come no said anything!?

I had some today on salted caramel ice cream (Natrel's lactose-free brand) and I was very pleased with the state of the universe. I have also tried it with caramel toffee. Perhaps using it for non-dessert food is in order too?

vfwpm29ww072.jpg

Apparently available on Amazon, I got my box at the local farmer's market a few weeks ago.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I had some today on salted caramel ice cream (Natrel's lactose-free brand) and I was very pleased with the state of the universe. I have also tried it with caramel toffee. Perhaps using it for non-dessert food is in order too?

vfwpm29ww072.jpg

Apparently available on Amazon, I got my box at the local farmer's market a few weeks ago.

I tried this a few years ago, and it is a staple in my cupboard - my local store sells it. Being 'pleased with the state of the universe' is SOOO accurate when having flaked sea salt on ice cream!😛
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Go to IKEA. They have 4 jar mix set for $5 of flaky smoked / flavour salt. Really good stuff.

While I try to avoid the place, I'll make the effort for this lol Thanks for the suggestion!

• PAPYRUS3
    Go to IKEA. They have 4 jar mix set for $5 of flaky smoked / flavour salt. Really good stuff.

While I try to avoid the place, I'll make the effort for this lol Thanks for the suggestion!

This would be worth going...thanks indeed!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member

vfwpm29ww072.jpg

This looks dangerous. I could eat a box of regular Maldon's as it is, I don't want to find out what my reaction is to their smoked salt! Honestly, it's only the knowledge that too much salt is bad for me that keeps me from snacking on salt flakes. If I didn't know better, I totally would.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ta0rf9yxz0z2.png
    why.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    ta0rf9yxz0z2.png
    why.

It's times like these I want to be a fly on the wall at R&D...who the *kitten* thought this would a good food product?
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    ta0rf9yxz0z2.png
    why.

I'm so confused as to what this is? A fizzy slushie yogurt?? What even?
  • Noreenmarie1234

vfwpm29ww072.jpg

This looks dangerous. I could eat a box of regular Maldon's as it is, I don't want to find out what my reaction is to their smoked salt! Honestly, it's only the knowledge that too much salt is bad for me that keeps me from snacking on salt flakes. If I didn't know better, I totally would.

As a salt obsessed person this would be so dangerous for my sodium levels LOL. I just bought some. I loveee salt and I loveee Smokey flavor so this sound incredible! I can’t wait to try on veggies soft pretzels meat salads etc.

g3lyjir7zxbf.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3

PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

This would be worth going...thanks indeed!

falksalt-sea-salt-flakes-4-piece__0752342_PE747406_S5.JPG?f=g

And while there pick these up. I *kitten* love them. Packed with so much flavour and cheap.

package-of-vegan-veggie-balls-allemansraetten-d360cbcdaed342f3d34c807c44426dd5.jpg?f=l

Wow...I think I need to discover the food of Ikea.
  • PAPYRUS3
    @Noreenmarie1234 - have you tried? I absolutely 💗 lemon bars/cake, etc.,
  • Noreenmarie1234
    7d8968z3aq6i.png
    WOW 15/10!! I did not expect these bars to be good at all. Awesome sweet and salty taste. The salt was really strong, which I loved to balance the chocolate and pb. Normally I don't really care for chocolate peanut butter bars because they are boring, but this was exceptional. Might be my new favorite bars. They make a blueberry pistachio I want to try next.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 - have you tried? I absolutely 💗 lemon bars/cake, etc.,

No I haven't yet! But since I am part of "quest squad" they are sending a box so I should be getting it any day and will post how I like them. I wonder how different they will be from the old lemon cream pie flavor.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member

And while there pick these up. I *kitten* love them. Packed with so much flavour and cheap.

package-of-vegan-veggie-balls-allemansraetten-d360cbcdaed342f3d34c807c44426dd5.jpg?f=l

What do you serve these with? I looked up the ingredients and I can actually have them.