WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• clairesbubbe
    clairesbubbe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 73 and have been working out for over 20 years. Now that I'm stuck at home, I alternate 3 different workouts. I also go hiking once a week. I started out at 129. My goal is 115. I was down to 124, but this week I gained a pound and I don't know why. I am eating between 900 and 100 calories a day. I am 5' tall.
    I know the sedentary days are not helping, but don't know why I have gained. Any ideas would be helpful.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am 73 and have been working out for over 20 years. Now that I'm stuck at home, I alternate 3 different workouts. I also go hiking once a week. I started out at 129. My goal is 115. I was down to 124, but this week I gained a pound and I don't know why. I am eating between 900 and 100 calories a day. I am 5' tall.
    I know the sedentary days are not helping, but don't know why I have gained. Any ideas would be helpful.

How hot and humid is it? You can retain more water depending on the weather. Stay moving as much as you can to will help.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    lllll
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a good holiday weekend. My weekend was really hard. I had to put my dog down this weekend and my youngest son is so mad at me he told me he was done with me. I know he's just angry and I'm the easiest to lash out on but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

I'm hoping to keep the emotion out of my eating but could definitely use some positive vibes.

RIP Bruschi...you were a good dog and I thank you for what you brought to our lives....

I am so sorry for you loss I know it wasn't easy. You just didn't want Bruschi to suffer any longer. Your right son is taking his pain out on you. Big (((HUG))) to you!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Barbara- your happy place sounds perfect. Any day starting with a sip of tea is a good one. That is how I always start my day, using my favorite mug.
    Thanks for the compliment on the baby pictures- Love when they were little- went by so fast.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    RockinMBC wrote: »
    Hi all! Happy Monday!

Just weighed in - gained another pound and a half over the past week. DH says it’s our scale - but I’m not so sure. Weighed in at the docs office last week and was 2 pounds more than my scale (granted that was fully clothed) - but it seemed about right. I’m currently at 1300 calories a day (with one or two cheat meals thrown in) - I’d really prefer not having to go back to 1200. Maybe I need to get on the treadmill twice a day!

Made a new dish for the week - Baked Ramja with pickled onion. Looks so pretty!

A few ladies here suggested to me to switch things up a bit and see what works for you.
    I kept my calories at 1000 but added in just a little extra exercise and the scale finally moved. Hoping to continue. 15lbs to goal.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    AMBER ~ Congrats on all the weight you have lost.

WELCOME to all the new faces! You will like it here.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Analaurel98: Welcome! :star:

KelceyByers: I’m so sorry you had to make a hard choice and let your dog rest in peace. :broken_heart::heart:

Rita: Have you named your new friend? :huh:

Heather: I love to exercise to music, especially classical or 1960’s or 70’s. We have our trykes on trainers in the garage and I may choose to use mine today. We have a good music system to enjoy out there. I’ve got a need to move and reduce stress. :star:

Our son called today and we had a great visit with him. It was good to hear his voice.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

A pound seems to me quite within the water/salt/ bowel normal fluctuations . Even so, it is very annoying. I know I would be sctraching my head too. I also know that my body responds to two glasses of wine and to a restaurant meal that way and the extra pound disappears after a day. Drink lots of water for a day or so..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD of weights with the barbell today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Fitness Cross Fire DVD

Sarah Israel
    – congrats on that streak! Be sure to check it, MFP always seems to set me back to 0 days. Oh well…I know that I logged and that’s what’s important

Cheri
    – maybe they have a stronger bonding material for your crown?

The guy with the corn called. It’s in. I don’t know if I have room in my freezer for all that I want so I asked him if I could get 2 bags now and the other one in a few weeks. Cooking purple potatoes, will try them in the freezer. He didn't think the corn would be in in a couple of weeks. Well, if I miss out, I miss out. That's life

Kelcey
    – I’m so very sorry.

Analure –
    welcome

The corn I like came in. The farmer harvested it this morning and I’m right now cooking the last of it. Got 120 ears. I would like to have gotten more, but I honestly don’t have room in my freezer. Wish I did. Vince actually helped shuck the corn. Do you know this was the first time he’d ever shucked corn! The guy really lived a deprived childhood. He’d never heard of Jersey tomatoes until he married me!

Steve came here. We’re going to have snow crab legs for dinner tonight and (what else?) corn. I’ll probably give him some of the corn to take home.

Tomorrow he’s going to make some sort of pork schnitzel. I understand it’s fried. Well, I’ll have some to be nice.

Allie
    – good to hear that the pros outweigh the cons! We’re rooting for you

Rita – love all your photos

Claresbubb – welcome, you’re doing great with your exercising. Sometimes no matter what we do, sometimes our bodies don’t want to go below a certain weight.

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options

A pound seems to me quite within the water/salt/ bowel normal fluctuations . Even so, it is very annoying. I know I would be sctraching my head too. I also know that my body responds to two glasses of wine and to a restaurant meal that way and the extra pound disappears after a day. Drink lots of water for a day or so..

Here's a little insight into weight. I fasted from 2pm yesterday afternoon and only drank water until 11am today. I weighed myself around 7am, as I usually do and recorded it. I weighed myself again at 9:30 thinking it would be down after the longer fasting period and I had gained one pound. So, weight is finicky. Next week, you could be 2 pounds down. You can try increasing protein for a week and see what happens. I know most don't worry about macronutrients, but helped me when I was stuck.

Tina in CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Kelceybyers – sending good thoughts to you, saying good bye to our fur babies is never easy.

kim in N. California
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol- big hugs thanks

My friend who joined this group the divorcing singlemom nurse at a California base was told she passed away from Covid. Sad news. I don’t know if I should unadd her account or leave it.I messaged her this morning not knowing
    kpc949tmedkn.jpeg
    kudz5tcp5fub.jpeg
    5hbmyxlljt8q.png

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelcey So sorry about your sweet dog. (((Hugs)))

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    61mdcccedpm7.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Those 8 ball zuchinni are good ,i did those last year with chicken meatballs from.stew leonards with pasta sauce and mozz cheese and baked them.. delish..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Clairesbubbe: Welcome! :smiley:

Karen: Your stuffed eight-ball zucchini looks very yummy. :star:

(((Kelcey))): I am sorry you’ve lost your sweet dog. Our fur-babies bring so much companionship and happiness to our lives. :broken_heart::heart:

I’ve done the shopping and I’m happy to be home. All but one person in the grocery store was wearing a mask. That person was old enough to know better. I am old enough to keep my opinion to myself at the store, but I'm glad I can complain about it with all of you. Thank you for putting up with my grumbles.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon