WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

I’ve done the shopping and I’m happy to be home. All but one person in the grocery store was wearing a mask. That person was old enough to know better. I am old enough to keep my opinion to myself at the store, but I'm glad I can complain about it with all of you. Thank you for putting up with my grumbles.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I've also been encouraged by the recent mask wearing compliance. It's such a small thing. Like you, though, I don't say anything when people aren't wearing one. Once we get such a high percentage, one or two out of a grocery store full, doesn't pose as much of a threat.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    :)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    So very sad that Nick Cordero has died.

I was so disappointed to hear that news this morning. While I didn't know him as an actor, I had been following his story. So very tragic.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💚🙂🟢
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Cheri[/b] – maybe they have a stronger bonding material for your crown?

Michele NC

The dentist tried 3 times to secure it. She finally decided to take a new mold and get a new crown made. I had it put in today. So fingers crossed it stays put. That tooth has had a root canal. Not much tooth left to attach crown to. Hoping this works.

Cheri

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome... to the new ladies!

Heather ... I have no problem picking out paint color ... every wall in our home is white. I occasionally go through periods where I think I want to change things up, but then I get ahold of myself, remember who I am, and stick with white! :D

Fireworks ...our neighbors ... ironically, a large number of whom are in law enforcement ... have put off fireworks in their yards every year. This year was no exception. They don't bother me, but I can see where they could be problematic for pets ... although all of my dogs over the years have been pretty laid back about them.

Kelsey ... such a hard thing, to say goodbye to your pet. It's not clear from your post how old your son is, but I'm sure that time will eventually help heal his pain over his loss. My younger son, now 22, sobbed with me last year when his beloved lab had to be put down.

The 4th was my birthday and it was a good day. Younger son called through FaceTime, my parents called on the landline and sang happy birthday and my older son and husband took me out to Dairy Queen for a requested Blizzard ... raspberry with fudge pieces!

However, too much sugar has given me a surge in knee inflammation, so back at it.

Beth near Buffalo
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    Beth - we rented most of our married life and had only apartment beige for colours. When we moved into our first house I painted most of the walls different colours. It lasted two years before I changed it and made the majority of the walls a cream colour. When we moved here I painted the main areas the same cream. It just goes well with anything.

Happy Belated birthday.

I worked today after a very sleepless night last night. When I did sleep I had disturbing dreams. Hopefully tonight I’ll sleep better.
    I had a long chat with my best friend tonight. I miss her terribly. This is the first year since I think 2011 that we haven’t been able to sneak a visit in somehow. Hopefully next year.

Today is our daughters 1st anniversary, that year went so fast. Now I am anxiously awaiting grand babies from them. I’ve been told a couple more years.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: Good wishes for your crown to settle in for the long run, and for you to feel better. :heart:

Beth: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I’m a bit slow. :star::flowerforyou: :star: Your story reminds me of an old family tradition from my childhood days. My Dad’s Uncle Amos was born on the fourth of July. We had a huge family picnic and birthday party at Bush’s Pasture Park in Salem, OR. The family tradition continued for many years, often at other Salem parks. The food was fabulous and there were always many cousins to play with. :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So true about leftovers same for the last desert

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,067 Member
    Options
    Beth Happy Birthday!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Karen VA – good use of that zucchini. I would never have thought of something like that

Ran to WalMart to get pork chops for Steve to make tomorrow. Jess came home.

Katla – maybe I’m just getting old and crochety, but when I saw someone at WM not wearing a mask, I started to get a little bit angry. I hate wearing it, too, but I do it. If anything, for others.

Beth – happy belated birthday

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: I wasn't happy when the man wasn't following the mask rules at the grocery store, but I wasn't angry or upset. He was elderly, seemed to be unsure of himself, & was absolutely clueless about appropriate mask etiquette. I gave him a wide berth and stayed a safe distance away. Last week there were many such people. Today it was only him. I count that as progress. :flowerforyou:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Karen,
    the squash looks great.

Kim
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim It was divine. I cut the 8-ball rind into strips and popped them into my dehydrator overnight to remove part of the moisture. They'll get used up in scrambled eggs and a stir-fry today and tomorrow. The rind is surprisingly tender and mild. A very nice summer squash indeed. I am a fan! <3

Beth. Happy Birthday July 4th, you firecracker, you!!! t9307.gif

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Welcome Marie from Florida! I have been here nearly 8 years now. I haven't quite stayed on the straight and narrow, but it's been a great help.
    You can do it because you are ready to do it. :)
    It could be an idea to do a few things sitting down as well. I do some dumbbell exercises sitting on the edge of my bed. Saves the knees!
    Courage!
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Karen - Love your squash! :D Yum!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Kelcey My heart goes out to you, it's never easy putting a beloved pet to sleep. We are going to have to do this soon with our cat Logan, he's only 9 yrs but has intestinal cancer. He's holding his own at the moment, but realise that once his quality of life isn't good, we'll have to bite the bullet, no matter how hard, it is going to be. We owe it to him to be strong and do what is right.

Sending love <3
    Viv UK
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Beth Belated Happy Birthday, shame the birthday treat set off your knee inflammation, hope you feel better soon.

Viv UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca When I saw this North Carolina care home's penpal crusade, I thought of you! Isn't this sweet?

dinpqxbxykbu.png