Winter but getting some walking in ...

Distance: 4.46km
    Moving Time: 49:51
    Elapsed Time: 53:41
    Pace: 11:10/km
    Calories150

tfpmjudipier.png

Machka in Oz

What in the world is this wonderful thing? Please share!

Zwift!

I started using it for cycling indoors and then discovered it has a run/walk option too.

On the treadmill, I pair it with a Wahoo Trakr X (I'll have to double check that name) heart rate monitor which records cadence too. Not all HRMs do.

On the bicycles we have it paired with sensors on the wheels and crankarms.

I'm waiting for the day I can pair my rowing machine to it too and apparently they are working on that.

But for cycling or running / walking I can choose from several different routes with different scenery etc.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbara SOC -Yes that’s it!! That’s my chocolate bar 🍫 I couldn’t find to log in exactly!

Boil frying - with my stomach condition this is a must for cooking to help me. I boil in a frying pan some water then cook until waters gone start browning it. Cooks out more fat (I can’t keep down fatty foods)
    y4oddpg21ckf.jpeg
    o0pyeailc2c9.jpeg
    wnfbahfjmirg.jpeg
    9bf1gmex1kt2.jpeg

Amber Tx

60.2 lbs gone
    Starter weight 195
    Cw 134.8 not sure the ounces but I’m in the 134 range!!

Exercising y watching calories
    Steak 🥩 cheese y tortilla brunch
    Dinner steak on toast with low cal mayo.
    I use light mayo 35cal very tasty but found out they make fat free 10calories going to give it a try when I run out of the light
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rita - I loved them, and think they're quite funny, with and without the wacky weed. :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Allie I miss Stew Leonards!
    Alien name Cheech since he landed in Mexico!
    Water weight I seem to retain water and can lose 2 pounds overnight by being up all night in the bathroom! I gain overnight like that when I don’t drink enough water or eat poorly the day before and sleep through the night!

RV Rita
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Drive by posting, official wi day today, up .8 of a pound. Grrrr..... Probably residual effects from the pizza late last week, sure did enjoy it tho! lol Oh well, back to the grindstone. Rode my bike to work and back on Sunday, went for a 6k walk yesterday and will be going for a 10k bike ride this morning. Also, most of the goodies are out of the house, so that will help a LOT! I know I shouldn't buy/make them, but hubby likes them and so do I. Most of the time I do have room for the treats, calorically speaking, but I was pretty lax last week. I did end June lighter than when I started and that is my plan for July.
    Rita, I just had to comment on your post about people being offended about your pic with the alien. I have to admit I had to look at it a few times before I actually saw the "cigarette" in his hand, but was definitely NOT offended! I don't use, but have no problem with anyone who does! Is is legal in Canada now, so there is more overt use for sure. Don't care for the smell of the skunkweed (who'd want to smoke something that smells like that????), but it is what it is.
    Hope everyone has/had a great day!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well its afternoon here anyway... took my granddaughter down to the beach...today not a great day 66 and spitting rain... so we only lasted about an hour or so. And we are back..
    Made her a grilled cheese and some chips..
    I spoke with my daughter this morning about Florida... she said Ma you need to live your life,so if you want to go to Florida then so it...
    Ughhh does that pull at the heartstrings..
  • Marie_Renick
    Marie_Renick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me! I do appreciate the comments. ~Marie from FL
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - Most of your family is probably saying, "Cool, now we'll have family to visit on an island!" Seriously, I saw more people I loved during the four years I lived in Las Vegas than any other time in my adult life combined.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    RV Rita--I for one enjoyed the pictures of you and the natives.

Pip--Sounds like things are lining up for your next adventure. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Allie--You have lots of choices and am excited for you.

Weigh in this morning was not good, but weather is so HOT and I am not dealing well with it. Been working so many hours am beat when I get home. Today I did set the alarm on my phone for every 2 hours and going for as walk around the circle of offices. About a 2-3 minute walk, but a start.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rita- I fell over laughing at it.Seen folks roll regular Tobacco the same way. Plus explains why they visit earth 🌍 lol 😝.

New EPA updates list of cleaners that work on COVID-19 to SARS 😷 https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2-covid-19
    Can type epa code on bottle to search faster.
    Lysol ,bleach,y scrub y bubbles made it but not sure if all of their products did or didn’t check to be sure. Can add bleach or Lysol cleaner to some other types if necessary if it doesn’t have a don’t add bleach warning ⚠️ can call manufacturers to be double triple sure. Some Vegan ones made it too!
    Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Welcome Melissa :) Where are you based?
    Your plan sounds doable, but the disease sounds awful. So sorry. I took up running very late in life, so I know how you must miss it. Is swimming possible where you are?

Went for my 5k along the sea front. Breezy, but nice and cool. It went well, despite the broken night. We stopped at the deli on the way home and bought lots of vegetables for vegetarian dishes. We always enjoy a chat with the Palestinian owner.

Can't see the grandkids until next week. :* They are seeing friends and family. My fault for not booking up. I hope for next Thursday maybe. Or later. It has to be nice weather as I'm still not happy going indoors. The other grandparents don't mind. Can't even Zoom they are so busy. I know my ex wants a look in too as he is in London at the moment. Oh well.

Cooked my new favourite thing - wholemeal spelt spaghetti. Love it. I concocted a delicious topping of artichokes, fava beans, peas, scallions, chilli and garlic with sautéed prawns and stirred in pesto and creme fraiche. Wow!

DH in the other room watching his soccer team. They are very near to the drop zone. Tense.

Lots of love to you all
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    DH's team, Watford, won! :D 2 - 1.
    Cheerful home.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Just got back from an hour long walk pushing the 40lb daycare girl. Yesterday it was the 25lb boy- Going an hour earlier and less weight to push sure makes a difference. Wanted to come back home half way through but kept going. We were going to play at the park but when we got to the park, all the equipment is taped off. Did not go close enough yesterday at the other part to see if it is closed to- will check tomorrow. I try going different areas every day. Yesterday I just let Augustine pick the direction- a few new streets(and a few new fruit trees to keep our eyes on a little later in the season- Asian pears, figs, apples, fuyu persimmons, apricots, nectarines... Guavas a little farther out.
    Dinner tonight will be chicken breast in teriyaki sauce with fried rice for husband, home made pesto(picked basil this morning) chicken breast for son and I- so will have fried rice for sure- he loves mine. Cucumber salad(picked it yesterday evening) and ?
    Had a burger earlier before our walk- first one in at least 6 months(husband picked up Jack in the Box yesterday- I had just finished lunch so kept it til this morning). Will hit the cardio machine and/or bike later. Need to also work in the garden some more. Have to plant more okra- the other didn't do much. :( Need it for gumbo.