BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options
jimswmn
jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
My daughter was the inspiration behind this challenge. She has a degree in Exercise Science and her masters in Kinesiology. She knows to much.

Okay...this is a luxury challenge. 9 out of 10 people do not take the luxury of a warm down/ stretch after their workouts. This is the perfect time to do it because the muscles are already warm, therefore less chance of injury. So the challenge is take the time to enjoy the luxury of at least 7 minutes of warm down / stretches after your workouts this week.

Enjoy! Good Luck with weigh ins!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jimswmn
    Options
    My daughter was the inspiration behind this challenge. She has a degree in Exercise Science and her masters in Kinesiology. She knows to much.

Okay...this is a luxury challenge. 9 out of 10 people do not take the luxury of a warm down/ stretch after their workouts. This is the perfect time to do it because the muscles are already warm, therefore less chance of injury. So the challenge is take the time to enjoy the luxury of at least 7 minutes of warm down / stretches after your workouts this week.

Enjoy! Good Luck with weigh ins!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Bobbi...This is a challenge I am going to enjoy. A pamper yourself challenge. *does his best Mr. Burns*...Excellent...\\:devil:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicles-- I barely have the time to exercise let alone enjoy myself afterwards-- :angry:

Poopy, too!:grumble:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    tagging for later
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like the way I feel after I stretch. On the Biggest Loser workout, the last 10 minutes are cool down/stretching. But when I do the elliptical, I finish and then just sit down instead of stretching out. Good challenge, Bobbi!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like the way I feel after I stretch. On the Biggest Loser workout, the last 10 minutes are cool down/stretching. But when I do the elliptical, I finish and then just sit down instead of stretching out. Good challenge, Bobbi!

Yep, definitely a good one, Bobbi... I usually plop back into my chair after being on the elliptical, too... I like it! :happy: :happy: :happy:

:heart: Tresa
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    this was great to read after I just finished running 5 miles and I only cooled down for 2 minutes after. It's really sad that I get bored walking after my runs. I will try my hardest to get at least 7 minutes in afterwards.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I am INSANE!!! I did my last chance work out and did 2 miles before BL came on I did 200 sit ups while it was on and then after it was over I did another 5miles. Just the running was 1176 calories burned! GO ME!! that scale BETTER be nice to me tomorrow.

Night all!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    First off, WTG on last week's challenge everyone! I think we did some pretty awesome stuff!

Bobbi - Great challenge! There's some stretching at the end of my TJ workouts, but some of them aren't long enough for me. I will do my best to up the stretching to 7 min. Usually by the end, I have munchkins running all over me, but I can usually convince them to stretch with me.

Andrew - Holy junk, batman! 6600 cals! I thought I was rocking it out with 3600! Go YOU! Good luck weighing in!

Lori - I hope Dave isn't p-wording. Ech. He's been doing so good! Perhaps it is TOM? :wink: :laugh: I just had to say it. LOL Oh, and I am SO not always right, but thank you! hehe I'm just "usually" right. :bigsmile: Thanks for the heads-up on the strange fruits. They don't sound good. :sick:

Sam - that is one heck of a last chance workout! Good luck weighing in! I'm sure you did fantastic this week! I'm inspired to go try on a mini now, too. My knees have always been one of my worst assests, though. They look like an 80 year old man's in Miami. Just give me some tube socks & loafers!

I'm going to a gym for the FIRST time tonight to try it out. We'll see what happens. I'm BEYOND nervous b/c I'm going to take a class while I'm there. EEK! Wish me luck! I'll be back in a few after I weigh-in! Again...EEK!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome challenge! I do always stretch after I workout, but I know I dont spend at least 7 mins doing it:ohwell: I even have a few dvds that are nothing but stretching, time to break them out:wink: Thanks for the "break" this week!:wink::drinker: Good luck everyone!
    ~Roni
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Bobbi - I love this challenge. I am usually pretty good, but I couldn't swear I take up to 7 minutes.. probably more like 3... need more discipline (no kidding)..

Sam - you are insane... I strive to be just half as insane as you - I have been completing my workouts, but dragging myself through them recently - weird..

Lori - you have the cutest darn AVs - just a real camera child... what a cutie..

Sara - YOU GO GIRL!!! Going to the gym today --- have a great time, and enjoy your class.. I bet you have a blast - I always liked taking classes - a whole bunch of other folks to suffer with..

Andrew and Teresa - morning guys.. I love this challenge too.

Lynnie - hope you are doing well on travel time..

Marla - you can do this!! - it feels really good - really..

Everyone else - have a great day - hope weigh ins are good to you all..

Janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Oh no. :frown: I hate stretching.
    Oh well, it's only one week. I can do it I guess.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

Yep, definitely a good one, Bobbi... I usually plop back into my chair after being on the elliptical, too... I like it! :happy: :happy: :happy:

:heart: Tresa

It must be the elliptical curse because I do the same thing! I am going to love this challenge. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You crazy people & your ellipticals. Perhaps I'll try to go to the gym a little earlier than I planned & hop on one of the devil machines. I guarantee I don't last 5 minutes.

Janie - I hope I have fun. I'm seriously scared out of my mind. Yikes! How's the snow? Did you have to suffer through any more "I think we should go to Asia...BRUSH YOUR HAIR!!!" conference calls? :laugh: I only think that's funny b/c one of my best friends is an online high school english teacher & has very similar conversations while talking to students in conferance calls & her 4 year old doing things like putting his undies on his head while he is supposed to be getting ready for preschool. :laugh:

Hi, Julie, Roni & Nicky!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we are still digging out a little around here.

I live about 30 minutes from work, but work is right on the shore (literally, we watch the subs come up and down the channel - so cool). The shoreline never gets this much snow (I think we got around a foot), and there are still cars buried on the roads (covered by the plows).

It was very sunny yesterday but still very cold, so the sun melted just enough snow to allow it to freeze solid overnight. I don't expect those cars to move until real spring.. Come on people, when they call for a parking ban, they really mean it.

I got into work OK yesterday, so it was just one day of psycho teleconferences, and I was pretty lucky - no one had to hear my youngest sing.. although I do think they heard a few "HEY MOM!!". Never a dull moment..

BTW - I do love the elliptical - nice low impact way to bust your *kitten*.. the first time I tried (keep in mind I was not in good shape at all), I only lasted 10 minutes before I was panting and begging to be let off..

Hi Roni - I missed you earlier..

Hi Juliebean

Nicky - are you feeling :happy: today or :sick: ?

Janie
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam - you are insane... I strive to be just half as insane as you - I have been completing my workouts, but dragging myself through them recently - weird..

Just call me tara from the BL. when I was watching last night I was like I'm just like her. She has lost 94 pounds in 9 weeks.

I am the home version of her.:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- so yesterday I have a super skinny day....lookin' good, feeling good-- I have 1/2 cup (seriously, I measured it) of scalloped potatoes yesterday for dinner, knowing the sodium is gonna kill me--

I wake up this morning, roll over on my back to feel my pouch-- always an indicator of how my day is gonna go. If it's flat while laying on my back, all is well with the world. If it's poofy, stay out of my way.

The #$@! scalloped potatoes worked their flippin' magic and I'm up six pounds today. There is no frickin' way I gained six pounds this week. Hell, whanisch went on vacation and ate with reckless abandon all week and gained 7. Here I am, measuring all food, counting calories, working out and I flippin' gain? WTF?

So, I'm done. I need to remove myself from this team, weigh-in wise. The stress of the up/down BS is more than I can bear anymore. I have enough in my life, this is puttin' me over the edge.

With your blessing, I'll stay for the challenges and the support/chit-chat, but this is madness and I'm ready to throw myself off a G.D. Bridge!

Doesn't help, I know, that my scale is as old as Methuseleh. It takes me forever to get it back to zero before I weigh in. But enough already-- I can't take it anymore.

I responded this day by having a very healthy breakfast with fruit and eggs-- "key lime pie and lemon pie" one slice of each, followed by a Reese's peanut butter egg. Screw it already. This body wants shock, it'll see shock today. I also had a lovely M&Ms cookie-- as well as some Froot Loops. I'm sick as a dog right now.....what else can I eat?

Hopefully things will turn with the HRM that should arrive soon. I also ordered a food scale, although I never eat anything that has to be weighed. Who can afford meat? The sodium, boxed, packaged crap that is on our very tight budget is death for health and weight loss. I guess the fact that I've lost even 31 (well 31 before today-- ) is a flippin' miracle.

okay...heading to work....aggravated, crestfallen, downhearted.....but determined to press on. However, I won't be weighing in weekly anymore. :noway:

:heart: to all.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    okay-- so yesterday I have a super skinny day....lookin' good, feeling good-- I have 1/2 cup (seriously, I measured it) of scalloped potatoes yesterday for dinner, knowing the sodium is gonna kill me--

I wake up this morning, roll over on my back to feel my pouch-- always an indicator of how my day is gonna go. If it's flat while laying on my back, all is well with the world. If it's poofy, stay out of my way.

The #$@! scalloped potatoes worked their flippin' magic and I'm up six pounds today. There is no frickin' way I gained six pounds this week. Hell, whanisch went on vacation and ate with reckless abandon all week and gained 7. Here I am, measuring all food, counting calories, working out and I flippin' gain? WTF?

So, I'm done. I need to remove myself from this team, weigh-in wise. The stress of the up/down BS is more than I can bear anymore. I have enough in my life, this is puttin' me over the edge.

With your blessing, I'll stay for the challenges and the support/chit-chat, but this is madness and I'm ready to throw myself off a G.D. Bridge!

Doesn't help, I know, that my scale is as old as Methuseleh. It takes me forever to get it back to zero before I weigh in. But enough already-- I can't take it anymore.

I responded this day by having a very healthy breakfast with fruit and eggs-- "key lime pie and lemon pie" one slice of each, followed by a Reese's peanut butter egg. Screw it already. This body wants shock, it'll see shock today. I also had a lovely M&Ms cookie-- as well as some Froot Loops. I'm sick as a dog right now.....what else can I eat?

Hopefully things will turn with the HRM that should arrive soon. I also ordered a food scale, although I never eat anything that has to be weighed. Who can afford meat? The sodium, boxed, packaged crap that is on our very tight budget is death for health and weight loss. I guess the fact that I've lost even 31 (well 31 before today-- ) is a flippin' miracle.

okay...heading to work....aggravated, crestfallen, downhearted.....but determined to press on. However, I won't be weighing in weekly anymore. :noway:

:heart: to all.

Stress SUCKS!!! Keep up with the challenges but your right don't do the weekly weigh ins. It's not worth it.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Bobbi...This is a challenge I am going to enjoy. A pamper yourself challenge. *does his best Mr. Burns*...Excellent...\\:devil:

Thank you Andrew:blushing:
  • jimswmn
    Options

Thank you! My daughter still gets on me to make sure I stretch.