Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 7/9/20

- Dishwasher :smiley:
    - WRITE SCENE!!!! 🥳🙌About time! And I wrote the next scene after!
    - Figure out dinner 😄 We had burgers. I was def over calories but they were yummy and a nice treat.
    - Maybe fold clothes 🤣😭Yeah...nope. That didn't happen. I'm gonna do another load tomorrow and then just fold them all then.

It's already after 6 here and I wasn't going to post but I figured that if I want to be accountable and consistent I have to sign on every day. Even if it's just a short blurb. So here I am.

Matt closes his store today so it'll be just me and the cat for most of the night. I don't have much I want to get done. Just a few little things and then I'll probably read I guess. Anyway, I hope you all had a great day!

JFT, 7/10/20
    - Dishwasher
    - Gather clothes
    - Write one scene
    - No munching!!!

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I hope you get your break! This week wasn’t as long/hard for me as most, but still glad it’s Friday. When I called about my appliances they said they hadn’t even been scheduled for delivery!? But when I got transferred to the right department I apparently handled my irritation well enough that the rep promised me Monday, then called me back, thanked me for being nice and not yelling at her, and told me she went in the back and got me a Saturday appointment instead. Score one for using honey over vinegar! Will be very glad to start washing clothes again tomorrow!!
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    @pridesabtch Hope you got to nap a bit by the lake today. Hate it when a loud campsite keeps me from sleeping. Did you do anymore kayaking? I love kayaking or SUPing on a quiet lake...can be so peaceful.
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    @Bex953172 Wow those fries sure look good! No way do I want to learn how to make those...I have enough temptation in my life! 😂
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    Daily habits: track😀, exercise, 😀journal😃
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0645, pill, set timer, weigh😀
    2. Pets, pill😀
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi 😀
    4. On computer 0755😀
    5. Appliance install??👿—but confirmed for tomorrow
    6. Lunch = salad + chicken😀
    7. Weights😀
    8. Dinner = freezer😀
    9. Research estate lawyer👿
    10. Walk🤨
    11. Journal 🤨
    12. Meditate👿
    13. Lights out by 11🤞

Decent day, on track for healthy eating and fitness, glad to end the week. Struggling with the reality of having teens in the house who nod yeah, yeah we’ll social distance and then you see pictures where clearly they’re not. Frustrating (and scary).

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, set timer, weigh
    2. Pets, pill
    3. Breakfast = yogurt or protein pancakes
    4. Appliance install
    5. Long walk
    6. Lunch = salad + protein
    7. Laundry!
    8. Organize room
    9. Party—wrap present
    10. Research estate lawyer
    11. Dinner = freezer
    12. Journal
    13. Meditate
    14. Lights out 11

July personal challenge
    Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
    July 10: 💪🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the mindset that I can start over after messing up.

WOTY: Habits
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY:
    - Log everything🟢 / stay green🟢
    - No chips!🟢
    - Bike ride🟢
    - Pick up B’s dinner and cake🟢
    - Order cupcakes!🟢
    - Make shopping list🔴
    - Clean!🟢

@Bex953172 - we’ve been waiting for a long time to try a family bike ride. My youngest just turned 7, so this was a first for us all. It was a great trip. I can’t believe the girls did 11 miles! We’ll definitely be doing it again this summer.

Today is party day for my 2 girls. I have most stuff ready, but need to pick up some last minute items and finish cleaning the house.

JFT SATURDAY:
    - clean
    - Order pizza / pick up last minute items
    - Log everything / stay green
    - NO CHIPS

JULY CHALLENGE:
    In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
    👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Saturday goals
    Stay green
    Hr trainer ride after work @ tempo
    Only fruit for snacks
    No m&ms
    No ice cream
    No beer
    No bagel at work

The next three weeks need to be perfect nutrition-wise. Closing in on the race I’ve been training for year long. I feel like I deserve to meet my goal time there, just need to hold the course with nutrition & not be self destructive with so little time to go
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , I don't think I live in a remote area, but someone used to the city might think differently! I live on the edge of a small town. We have takeaways but they're all independents, no chains. Lots of countryside for walking :)

JFT Friday 10th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    5 fruit and veg 7
    Walk yes, 50 minutes in the country
    Paperwork no

JFT Saturday 11th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Reply to difficult work email which I've been putting off.

Planning to have a pizza tonight with the family, as it will probably be the last Saturday I'll be free until October. From next week I'll be away cleaning and disinfecting holiday let and will be home too late (and likely too sore!) to meet up. I'm still aiming to be in the green though.
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Friday: all food logged
    Saturday: log all food!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 7/10/20
    - Dishwasher 😄
    - Gather clothes 😄
    - Write one scene 😓
    - No munching!!! 😅I managed to stay in the green but I went to sleep with a tummy ache.

I really REALLY need to write today. I'm going to make it happen. I need to stop letting the idea of starting get the better of me. Once I get like the first 25 words down the rest flows naturally. But the thought of having to write the first few words can be really daunting when I'm battling my depression like I have been recently.
    I also have to do laundry which means I have to go outside several times in high temp, high humidity heat when I walk to my parent's house to do it. Oh well. I'm gonna go toss some in right after I finish this. Try to beat the worst of it.

JFT, 7/11/20
    - Post 😄
    - Laundry
    - Fold the dang clothes!!!
    - Write at least one chapter
    - Figure out dinner! No takeout
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday

- breakfast 😁
    - Pack up camp😁
    - Few hours at the lake😁
    - Travel home😁
    - Clean up tents, laundry & dishes😁
    - Rest day or maybe walk this evening😁Reat Day
    - No cookies, candy😕 are some gummy worms. Hasn’t had those in ages
    - No alcohol 😄
    - Nap😄long glorious nap

Y’all have a fab day!

Got home yesterday to a bad storm in our neighborhood. Apparently for the second day in a row out trampoline had flown over the fence and hit our neighbor’s house. So in addition to unpacking and such, my husband got to disassembles trampoline. Luckily other than some downed branches there was no other damage at my place.

Today I’m fretting over weighing in. First weigh in after a mini vacation is unnerving for me. I had plenty of exercise (not yesterday), but I also ate more than usual... ugh... I know I do better if I weigh, so I will, and I’m prepared to see a gain. Maybe I’ll surprise myself.

JFT Saturday
    - Weigh in
    - breakfast
    - Do 30 min interval ride on Peleton
    - Hydrate
    - Do a moderate ride outside in the 100 deg heat... ugh
    - Hydrate / fuel
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - No cookies/candy
    - Be kind to me
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 12:00

Make today your own! Love y’all!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Bonus... I registered a small loss over my mini vacation. Yay me! Thanks y’all for giving me a place to share my goals.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

These are them lol!!! Just made some for the girls haha, they were all going crazy so i decided a quick tea was good idea!

Bex -- how did you make your fries look so good!! I have a air fryer, so I now make my own ... with fresh potatoes. But mine do not look nearly this good!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    I have been walking almost everyday since hubby started radiation... to me, it is my "therapy" time. I am up to walking 6 miles at a time. I used to be exhausted if I walked 4! Yesterday, I walked 7 miles with a friend .. keeping the social distance. Then I came home and mowed our yard.. which takes me another 2 hours. So I am feeling good that what used to exhaust me, I can easily do now .. and in this heat!! I walk in the mornings or after dinner when it is cool. And.. my weight is coming back down ... at 180.4. So just 2 more pounds and I will be at 178... now to get to my goal of 175.

Hubby has only 3 more radiation treatments. @Snowflake_24 -- you were asking how often he goes. He goes everyday, Monday thru Friday. He is to have 45 treatments, plus he is on hormone therapy. It has not been as hard as he thought, and he is happy to be almost finished.Then its just the waiting 6 weeks, and they said his psa numbers should be under 1 ... so keeping our fingers crossed!

Did not get out for my walk this morning, but hoping to maybe take my bike out. It is hot, but the humidity is not nearly as bad.

SO JFT, Sat
    1. log all food --- I've been terrible at logging my food.I got out of the habit, and its hard to remember
    2. go for either a walk or bike ride. Not doing as much today, as I did quite a bit yesterday
    3. find new recipes... plan meals
    4. get back on here.. be accountable.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

These are them lol!!! Just made some for the girls haha, they were all going crazy so i decided a quick tea was good idea!

Bex -- how did you make your fries look so good!! I have a air fryer, so I now make my own ... with fresh potatoes. But mine do not look nearly this good!

Mine aren't fresh potatoes!
    I just buy the fries from the freezer section lol!!
    But when you think about it.. mcdonalds uses frozen chips lol.
    But my potato ones don't look like that either lol!!

However! Nice on the air fryer! They're meant to be healthier aren't they? Maybe still not healthy (or maybe it is i dont know) but healthier than what I have lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday July 10
    1 Litre of Water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    No chips - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Saturday July 11
    1 Litre of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@kuhl50 - Have fun doing laundry! That’s awesome that she helped you out.

@mytime6630 - it’s great that you are taking care of yourself while your husband is going through the treatments.

I’m very late checking in today, Rodger and I actually left the house together and went to a garage sale at a place that sells pieces of wood. We spent money on a piece of walnut that Rodger will make into a welcome sign for us.
    We then went to the local farmers market.

It was nice to get out and do something with him, but man I hate his driving.

We are going to learn together how to manage diabetes. I think I’ve convinced him we have the knowledge to do it with some guidance. We’re just going to have to change our eating habits.

• Kuhl50
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 👿journal😀
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, set timer, weigh😀
    2. Pets, pill😀
    3. Breakfast = yogurt or protein pancakes😀
    4. Appliance install😀
    5. Long walk👿
    6. Lunch = salad + protein😀
    7. Laundry!😀
    8. Organize room😀
    9. Party—wrap present😀
    10. Research estate lawyer👿
    11. Dinner = freezer🤷‍♀️— hubby made a different dinner, but I ate carefully
    12. Journal😀
    13. Meditate👿
    14. Lights out 11🤞

My washing machine came today! And replacement garage fridge. Very hot day, never did get out for my walk, but I got more than 11k steps and 54 FItbit “active minutes” just doing chores (5+ loads of laundry, garage cleanup, etc).

Today I white-knuckled staying to plan (mostly...under maintenance but over my target). I’m worried about this “hungry” feeling and unstructured time tomorrow. So I’m setting my eating windows—I can only eat at certain times. Any grazing/snacking that I want to do is allowed...at those times. With the food on a plate and my seat in a chair. Wish me luck!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Sunday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, set timer, weigh
    2. Long walk
    3. Pill
    4. Breakfast = protein pancakes (make extra batter)
    5. Laundry
    6. Lunch window 12:30-1:30 = salad + protein
    7. Meal plan + grocery list
    8. Grocery shop
    9. Make 4 salads + roast chicken
    10. Research lawyers
    11. Snack at 4pm
    12. Dinner 6-7
    13. Treat at 8:30
    14. Upstairs by 9
    15. Layout clothes
    16. Plan workout time for Monday
    17. Journal
    18. Meditate
    19. Lights out 9:45

July personal challenge
    Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
    July 11: 🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the mindset that I can start over after messing up.

WOTY: Habits
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Sorry to hear you have to figure out how to manage diabetes. I hope you find the right path forward for you both. When my dad got diagnosed he was so upset. He never wanted to be on diabetes medication. So Mr Sweettooth supreme cut almost all carbs from his diet, dropped 25 pounds, and managed for years (until hospitalized for other reasons) through diet alone to avoid medications. Still surprises me that he changed his diet so radically but it was a change that stuck.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday 11th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes, even with a small pizza
    Back exercises just stretches
    5 fruit and veg 4
    Walk omg, nearly 2 hours! My really fit son chose the route
    Reply to difficult work email which I've been putting off. yes, then received a phone call and several emails. Very problematic, was even dreaming about it and woke every hour, so rubbish sleep

JFT Sunday 12th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Mow lawn if it's dry
    Help in son's garden
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY:
    - clean🟢
    - Order pizza / pick up last minute items🟢
    - Log everything🟢 / stay green🟢
    - NO CHIPS🟢

We had the bday party for 2 of my girls yesterday and it went great! Started at 1:00 and the last people didn’t leave until after 10:00. I’m hoping the girls sleep in today.

JFT SUNDAY:
    - pick up party
    - NO CHIPS
    - log everything / stay green
    - Laundry
    - Softball! - first 2 games of the season

JULY CHALLENGE:
    In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
    👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙