For those who have lost and gained and are losing again (what I've learned)

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Looking great! Are you officially in maintenance now?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    Looking great! Are you officially in maintenance now?

I have about 10 more to go, with the intention of maintaining between 110-115, so almost there!
  • nysduck
    nysduck Posts: 2 Member
    Some great insights here. Thank you. I was 180lb, lost over 40lb but then over a 3-4 year period I managed to hit 192lb (currently 187lb). Hopefully I can use some of your advice here and succeed properly this time!
  • Thank you for sharing your journey! I struggle with the same thing. I'll try follow your advice!
  • MelissaLu1216
    MelissaLu1216 Posts: 17 Member
    Updated before-and-after, now with face pics:

2kwdakyic389.jpg

Girl, you look great already! Good job :smile:

Wish I would have seen this thread before posting mine. I originally lost about 60lbs then gained almost half of it back. Having a hard time getting back on track, keep going up and down, back and forth :s

But yeah, is does help a lot to see others have gone through the same thing. The mind is the hardest thing to break, I think that's the main issue
  • whtmiwtg4
    whtmiwtg4 Posts: 8 Member
    thank you for sharing
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Digesting your advice & hoping to benefit from it.

PS: I think 138 looks better on you than 130. Your arms look better to me at 138 (but maybe you're lifting weights now to have better muscle tone).

Her post isn't here for you to give your opinion on her body. Keep that to yourself, because her whole point would be lost if you cant.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,156 Member
    I'm still loving this thread.
  • SuziDA
    SuziDA Posts: 1 Member
    So much good advice here! Thank you for sharing your experience! Enjoy the journey and be healthy. Not making weight loss an obsession.
  • phildog50
    phildog50 Posts: 31 Member
    By looking at your progress photos, with the exception of 2011, I can honestly say I thought you were still college age
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    While I have never been overweight, I have gone from sickly thin, to skinny fat, to fit a few times in my life. If you haven't heard the phrase "skinny fat" before, it means someone who appears to be thin, but they have a high body fat percentage. I had anorexia as a teen, and I was actually emaciated for awhile. I temporarily recovered in order to join the military. I had a kid and got out of the military. Then the post-partum weight caused another bout of anorexia. This time around I got skeletal-thin. My lowest BMI was 14.

That was about 16 years ago. Since then I've gone from skinny fat to fit over and over again. Something always seems to happen to throw me off of my routine. The latest thing was obviously Covid. I gained 10lbs and became flabby. Now I'm super close to my pre-covid fit self, but I hate this going back and forth business. I just really really want to stay at my goal and maintain it. I can't predict the future, but I can use tips and tricks that will help the routine stick. The biggest thing for me is finding a workout routine that I enjoy. I was shocked to find out from my personal trainer that I actually love doing strength training. I'm no longer intimidated by the machines and weights, and seeing the weight that I can lift increase is always good motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!