NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    Hi all. I think I'm going to try to get on the spin bike every morning this week. That's if I don't pull a muscle doing it lol. That's my plan.

@its_cleo Why don't you eat them anymore? They are so good! I don't know when the bathroom will be done: the responsibility of the payment for all of this just went from my insurance to the HOA's insurance and that's got to be straightened out before the work continues. :( It's so very stressful. I'm glad you had fun at brunch. It must have been nice to have some sense of "normalcy". At least you did 20 minutes!

@cbabie I heard AZ is a hot spot. We kind of are now, too. Sorry about church, that's a bummer. So you might be 5'3"? That's not too short but a little. ;) We don't even have a bath. We have to use the sink. It's terrible. I'm telling you, taking that shower at my BIL's apartment felt so good! It must have been tough taking a bath with a broken wrist. I hope they can resume construction soon (see above).

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well summer has not been good. Eating isn’t to bad. Running when I can. Just have to much alcohol at the lake. Need to slow that down to keep the weight in check. If I can not gain anymore I would be happy. Can start making progress again in August.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning, Well I didn't get my walk in this morning. Baby woke up crying as I was going to get on the treadmill, had to rock her and hold her and cuddle..LOL. Oh well will try later, NOT it's too hot in the afternoon

@trooworld I am so sorry, that really would stink. So glad you got to shower at your BIL. Yes I am about 5'3"...I always said I just need to be 5'7" to carry my weight well..LOL

@renaegry You have a goal, that is good. Keep moving forward. You got this

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, sorry I have been gone so long! Dd came back from OK & was on vacation for 2 weeks, so we were doing more with the kids. She left yesterday again for OK. Still working from home, but had Dr appts she needed to keep. Had planned to take the gkids with her, but really hesitant about sending them to daycamp, so Dh said as long as they have been here, they might as well stay a little longer. So we will have them approx 2 1/2 weeks more, unless they start getting moody, lol. They have been here 7 weeks, so I think both are missing Daddy, too, so we will have to see how it goes. We do things about everyother day with dd & kids here.

This am dd(here) wondered what to do..the dog was acting strange, so she moved the step & saw a critter in there. After calling around & getting an outrageous quote for someone to get it out, dh went over & they managed to get it out & hopefully it is gone for good. It was a half grown possum!

I have read all the posts, but don't think I remember everything, so won't be able to do a lot of personals. Please know I am thinking about all of you & hoping things are going well. I am kind of in limbo right now. Eating too much, but am moving some. I love having dd & gkids here, but kind of miss "my life", boring as it is, lol.

@TeresaW1020 I laughed about the Melatonin gummies. Gd likes to stay up to read, so dd got some of those. It worked for a few nights by telling her they were a vitamin, but I think she realized she was sleeping more, so now refuses to take them. (she is 11) Hope you can get a good routine figured out, not sure how you can do such a long fast!!

@its_cleo That is neat that they closed the street so people have a place to ride. There are a lot of bike trails around here, I really should get mine out. Gs got a bike for Christmas 1 1/2yrs ago & refused to ride it because it didn't have training wheels. His old one had them, but dd decided he was too big for it & sold it. When they came here, she got training wheels for the new one & they only lasted about 3-4 days before they were bending because he is so big (9 1/2). Anyway, less than a week & he is "going like the wind" on his bike without the training wheels. So we accomplished something this summer!!

@trooworld Congrats on the 21# loss!! That is fabulous! Hope your bathroom gets done soon!

@cbabie I hate buying stuff also..our couch is a hand me down from dd when they got a sectional, so it is 16 yrs old. But I like it & it is in good shape, so why get new. We did buy a futon from Wayfair, tho, so we had separate beds this summer for the gkids. We needed another place to sit down in the family room, anyway.
    We are about the same height..I was always 5-3 1/2, but sure I have probably shrunk. Dh is 6"3". My mom always said she was 4-10, but when she died, she was way shorter than that! One gd is already about 5-4 (she's 13) and her brother is 10 & already about 5-1. Other gd is not quite 5ft. (the 11 yr old) & her brother is almost as tall as her. She worries about being so short.

@theslightedgeforever Glad you are sticking to your plan more. I need to start a baby step of more water!!

We have had snap peas, strawberries, green beans & 1 zucchini out of garden so far. Lots more zucchini starting & lots of tomatoes. We went out to the pumpkin patch. Not looking good out there, even tho we thought they were getting lots of rain, it was still very dry!

Covid cases here are increasing also..Iowa made NY's don't enter list, lol. I read an interesting thing that as long as the deaths are going down, we are doing better. Hope that is true..we need it!

Well, gkids have been holed up in the basement family room all day, better go see what they are up to. Dd is having a sinus ct scan today to try to figure out what has been bothering him all spring. Hope they get it figured out.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, how long before the bathroom is done? We did a renovation a few years ago in our other house while living in it so I know what a pain that can be. Ugghhh I heard about your heat wave. We are in the 90’s all week here. Sure makes you thankful for some A/C! :grin: I probably won’t ever go back to three meals a day on a consistent basis but I definitely believe in switching it up, which is why I did the all-day-fast. I just had some toast and it’s not even 8:30 am yet. ;)

@its_cleo, glad that you had a nice brunch with your uncle. Is there any talk about baseball coming back in your area? Sounds like you are getting your exercise mojo back in action. One puzzle is a 1000-piece lake and cabin scene and the other is a 1500-piece water, boats, and building scene. I’m doing the 1500 piece one right now. :)

@cbabie, I sure hope you are able to reopen your church. I sure didn’t appreciate mine enough until I didn’t have it. Baby cuddles have to come first. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, so glad that you are still having a good time with your family. Sooo will you be happy to have your house back or will you miss having the kids around every day? I can imagine it will be a bit of both, huh? No fooling an 11-year old! :D

Good morning!! Well, I did it! I went 35 ½ hours without eating. :grin: All I had was black coffee, plain seltzer, and decaf green tea. It’s interesting because hunger really doesn’t build. It comes in waves and as long as I just pushed through the hungry feeling, I was fine. I did have a slight headache most of the evening and woke up with it. The scale was down this morning but it was up from Sunday nights dinner out so I will have to see what the Friday average will give me. The key is to not overeat today but to make sure I eat enough to balance yesterday. I’m off now to do my workout and then go to the grocery store. It’s going to be 93 degrees here today!! :#
  • trooworld
    Hello all. I did end up riding the spin bike yesterday. I didn't do much else, but I did ride that bike!

@cbabie I understand the too hot to exercise thing. I hope tomorrow you can get some exercise in. I would also like to be 5'7" lol. Have a good day!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Wow, 7 weeks! You are good grandparents. :) A possum, no wonder the dog was acting strange lol. Thanks: re the loss. I hope the bathroom gets done soon, too! Your garden sounds like a delight.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..have a few minutes. Not too much going on to report tho.

@TeresaW1020 Wow....35 hrs..I could not do that!! That takes willpower! Re the gkids: It will be a little of both. They usually stay with us for 2-3 weeks in the summer & seems so quiet around here when they are gone.

@Trooworld Not sure about the “good grandparents” part, but at least they know us. The grandparents on dad’s side do not make any effort to see them & then she got upset that the kids recognize my voice on the phone. Dh just says, oh well...their loss. (Too be fair..they live in GA...so about 1100 miles away), but that would not stop me from seeing them! Even when dd lived in Atlanta (900 miles from us..we would drive there at least twice a year for gkids birthdays...and sometimes more, lol). So glad they are in OK now...only 400 miles, lol.

Well, think I will go see if the gkids want to do something..dh has had a long enough nap, lol.

Have a great day all!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld the hot dogs- well I like them barbecued and I guess I just dont go to many barbecues any more. I have no social life lol....that's a pain about the bathroom. Are gyms open in your city? We lost water for 24 hours once and I was like well I can always shower at the gym if I have to.

@RetiredAndLovingIt sounds like you're having a nice summer...a possum wow! Glad you were able to get rid of it without too much trouble. Hopefully he found another home. -- So glad about your Gs on the bike! I remember being a kid and one summer my big worries were learning how to ride a bike and swim. I still remember getting used to the bike without training wheels.

@TeresaW1020 funny you should ask about baseball, I was just watching a training game. I don't know how much you've been following it but MLB is supposed to start end of next week. But the poor Toronto Blue Jays don't have a home yet. Because we have a quarantine law here, and everyone coming into the country right now from outside must quarantine for 14 days. So it probably won't work for the Jays and other teams to be flying in and out. So I don't know what's going to happen. I'm a little annoyed MLB didn't have a plan. I don't think they care much about us bc it's a Canadian team.

Anyway.......those puzzles sound nice! I have 3 I got at a second hand store and 4 I bought new- I splurged lol. I am very slow so that will probably keep me going to the end of the year so I won't buy any more.

@trooworld- Yay on the spin bike! Something is better than nothing.

Went for a bike ride today, did 15 mins of mobility. Was supposed to do 30 but 15 is better than nothing. I tracked my food for like a day and was like- I don't wanna. Lol. So I'm just leaving it.

I don't think my gym will be open until August. It's kind of weird though I don't miss it anymore. I'm not even sure I will go if it opens. Not bc I'm scared, but just I don't know if I'm into it.

Take care all
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Shopping is a good way for her to get in some movement as long as she doesn't ride those scooters. Even if you have to take lots of sitdown breaks and it's longer. Why not take your calorie average from last week and lower it by 100. Are you still tracking while fasting?

@trooworld Yeah heat is the worst I think. Can we just fast forward to fall? Although if I could fast forward, I would fast forward over this virus too. Weekend was good. I had bookclub. We read The Woman in the Window. Turned out better than I expected.

@its_cleo Water doesn't seem to be good for me heat or cold. I suppose if I just sat outside all day or turned off my AC, then I might be inclined to drink a bit more. I've never really had a thirst button. I don't think I've ever said, Oh I'm really thirsty. Plus cold water hurts my throat so it's better for me to drink room temp water. But I still keep plugging away. BBQ hot dogs sound really good. 20 min of exercise is better than none. You are making a consistent habit. Yaaay in choosing bike ride over ice cream. I chose ice cream bar but I did move my body today.

@cbabie Can you text and walk at the same time? :p Even if you have to slow down your speed a bit, better than being on speed of zero. So your next step is consistent movement. Even if it's slower, even if it's less time than you would normally plan on doing it. You could even put these two together. You move your body and then immediately come to the computer and tell us about what you did. One acts as a trigger for the other. The reward is the sense of accomplishment with two things checked off your list for the day plus you get to sit with a cup of X.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Keep working hard on your plan. You are beating all of us. Yaaay on riding your spin bike. I used to be 5'4 and now I'm 5'2 1/2. Ugh. Yes it's short. Plus being fat makes me short and fat. Nobody wants to be that. lol Hey, I rhymed.

@renaegry What progress can you make today. Just one small thing. It doesn't have to be a giant leap. Tracking one extra meal? Eating 50 less calories than the day before? Running in place 5 min? How about 1 min? That's still progress.

@retiredandlovingit Yuck on the possum. Baby possums are cute in pictures on the internet. lol But not half grown ones in my yard. I saw that Iowa made the NY list. My son thinks I should stop looking at the numbers. I think he should wear a mask and social distance when he's with friends at the lake or pool. That's great no more training wheels. I've got you all beat with the couch. Mine's 25 years old well more cause I was pregnant with ds and he's 25. But I recovered it. Regarding the grandkids and the other set of grandparents. There is technology today. Lots of ways to video call and with apps like "What's app" just a couple of lines back and forth or sending pics or funny jokes. Mileage is not an issue anymore. You are good grandparents. I had grandparents and my own parents that just weren't interested in my kids. I hope to be a better grandparent (if ever that day would come) My kids say I might want to change my goal.

@teresaw1020 You are a very disciplined person. Enjoy your window of eating.

@its_cleo Yeah, I've showered before at gyms when we had no water.

Yellow Day Stayed OP 160/164 Intentional Movement: 43 min walk

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I got news yesterday that I should hopefully be going back to work part-time on Monday. I really hope this time it's for real. They told me I'd be coming back at the end of June but that didn't happen. :/ I'm awaiting confirmation from HR. In other news, I did a Leslie Sansone video yesterday and that felt pretty good.

@RetiredAndLovingIt It is their loss, that is such a shame. I loved spending time with my grandparents.

@its_cleo I see. I air-fried my hot dogs and they came out like they were bbqd. They were really yummy. It is a pain about the bathroom. The gyms are not open, no. But I can shower at my brother-in-law's apartment in the guest bedroom where my mother-in-law is staying right now. She's just super picky and if I leave a stray hair in the shower, I'll hear about it lol.

@theslightedgeforever I know, right? I'm ready for fall too. Yes, please fast forward past this virus! I'm reading The Rosie Project for my book club, we meet over Zoom next week. I like the book a lot so far. What's up with you and your sister shrinking??? :P

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo The only time I follow MLB is when I read your post! :D This new puzzle that I just started is going to take me awhile. All the pieces are the same shape, which makes it much more difficult. Isn’t that interesting that you have lost interest in going to the gym? A few years ago, I was going to a gym and I hated it and I’m so happy to have my own workout room and my Beachbody programs. I’m not really tracking my food either. It’s another thing that I hate. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever My mom managed to shop at two stores for about an hour before she decided she had to go home. Her vision is so bad right now and with the heat and having to wear the mask she was pretty miserable. She has eye surgery next month so hopefully, that will make a difference. I am not tracking my calories. I do still have WW until November, so I am tracking there just to keep an eye on what I’m eating. I’m really trying to learn to listen to my body. Last night, I was full, and I stopped eating dinner. Usually, I just keep shoveling it in. :grin:

@trooworld That is good news about you getting to go back to work! Fingers crossed that HR will call you with good news. I was only working part-time and now since the virus, I haven’t gone in except for Thursday’s staff meeting. And I like it! Someday, I’m sure that I will have to start going back to the office again but I’ve gotten pretty good at being a lady of leisure. ;)

Good morning! So, my good news is that I didn’t overeat yesterday after breaking my super long fast. That was a major win for me. I’m thinking about doing another long fast starting today after dinner but instead of going all day long, I will eat a 500-calorie meal at dinner tomorrow. Then on Friday, I would eat more food again so that my body doesn’t think I’m starving it. I’ve been reading about a lot of women having real success with that approach. This of course could change if the staff decides to go to lunch tomorrow. Then I will just move my plan to the next day. OK, I’m off to workout and then clean my house. I told myself no puzzle playing until the dust is gone. :grin:

• cbabie
    Morning all, I still haven't gotten on the treadmill. Baby is not sleeping well, I am trying to get things done in the AM that I can't get done when she is up. Trying to get organized. Declutter is next on my list. However, I did eat better and even when I thought I will have some ice cream as I am HOT, I ate a fruit bar instead. So trying to make better choices.

@trooworld I hope you get to go back to work too, IF that's what you want. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like your getting creative with your eating plan..I too am not tracking like I should..Yes I think this virus has changed alot of our habits and desires LOL. No way would I like a puzzle where all the pieces are the same unless it's a 25 piece puzzle. LOL

@its_cleo I had to laugh at your comment about tracking..I think you are taking a break cause you mind and body need it..

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am glad you are getting time with your Grandkids..you are making memories they will remember. This too shall pass. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I will put on my task list Consistency. LOL. I am consistent in not tracking LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yaaay on doing the Leslie Sansone video. Part-time is a good transition. So start making your plans. You are doing too good to halt your progress. My friend has a mil just like yours. lol Maybe you shrunk too and don't know it. ;) I know I was 5'4 when I first got my license. Then at the dr about 4 years ago they said you are 5 2 1/2 and I said no I'm not I'm 5'4. She showed me and yep I shrunk. Maybe our spines?

@teresaw1020 That's good that you listened to your body and stopped. Just keep working on your plan. If you are not losing weight at your preferred rate, then keep tweaking until you find your sweet spot. I'm in maintaining mode it seems but better than the gaining mode I have been in for 5 months. But having said that, I'm not at a healthy weight so maintaining mode needs to go bye bye. But the good news is that I'm getting data on what amount of movement and what amount of food I need to keep it level. So this was not a total waste this week.

@cbabie Good for you for eating the fruit bar.

Yellow Day-Stayed OP 154/164 Intentional Movement: 37 min walk

July goals: Green Dot Day- o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Intentional movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, I'm hoping it's true! lol...lady of leisure, I like that! ;) You really are working on finding what works for you, that's great!

@cbabie That's great you chose a fruit bar instead of ice cream. That's a great decision. Yeah...it's been great being off work but I'm ready to go back! lol

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! I think I can do a workout before I go to work. I'm up early enough. If that doesn't work out, I can do it after work. Yeah, I love her but she's super germaphobic (I went into that bathroom and it smelled like bleach) and a bit picky. Now you've got me wondering if I've shrunk! I'm going to have my husband measure me this weekend lol. Yeah, maybe our spines settle as we get older.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, No walk today, but I did while I was on "break" in my home office walk in place and do hand weights. So trying to keep this body moving. I again after watching something awful happen on video of one of my friends son's...I wanted ICE CREAM and PB...but went to the fruit bar instead. I couldn't change the outcome no matter what I ate for my friend.

@trooworld LOL I laughed when you said picky..no I don't think so. People don't really care for my nose. I have such a sensitive nose...smells really bother me or really make me smile..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for walking and staying OP...getting it back!!!

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I drink room temp water too. I don't like cold drinks unless it's beer lol.

@trooworld I've never tried air-fried hot dogs. At one point I was going to buy an indoor grill but I never got around to it. ...oh I hope you do get back to work! And part-time is great, if not for the money aspect I totally would love to just be part-time. Our libraries here are just doing curb-side pickup so far.

@TeresaW1020 yes it's funny how our attitude changes with what we like fitness/diet wise. I really think it's important to make it enjoyable so if Beachbody, or biking with me, works then so be it. It's awful when it feels like a chore. Maybe I will go back in Sept.

@cbabie a fruit bar is great! Or popsicles are great in the heat and not very many calories. Good job with the walking and weights.

I've totally fallen off the wagon, not even doing my 30 minutes a day, other than my 2km walk each day and biking every other day. Meh. Not going to worry about it.

I'm thinking about taking a trip to Victoria, British Columbia at the end of August. It's in the country so I don't have to quarantine. It's on the coast so I could do some whalewatching and stuff. I don't know we'll see. I'm just miserable lately.

@TeresaW1020 I can totally keep you up with baseball lol. Games start next week. Two things you need to know about the Blue Jays:

1. They draft their players based on hair:

lf0hcbxlu146.jpg

And No. 2.- This is Bo Bichette, and he is my baseball boyfriend. I actually had to google his age this week to make sure it was ok lol. It's a bit May-October but I think it can work.

o6mo2dyqduoj.jpeg

• trooworld
    Morning everyone! I spent most of yesterday watching movies: a plumber was here doing work for the upstairs condo, they had to do the work from below in our condo. So I watched two movies: "The Big Sick" which was a drama with some comedy in it and was EXCELLENT...it is on Amazon Prime video. I also watched "Desperados", a rom-com on Netflix, which was pretty good. So far, I've not heard from work and it's Friday. I could still hear from them today. I'm getting anxious.

@cbabie Good for you for doing something. And reaching for a fruit bar instead of ice cream was a great move. LOL you and my MIL would probably get along well ;). I do love her but she's special! LOL

@its_cleo The air-fried hot dogs are good, just like they are BBQ'd. I hope I get back to work, too. I think it's only a matter of time. Part-time is great for me right now since the bathroom isn't fixed yet. I work for a corporate library, so we don't deal with the public but our public libraries here are just doing curb-side pickup too. A trip to Victoria sounds lovely. You should go!

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I did get to get on the treadmill today, but baby woke up early and DH stayed up past 1 ( I got into bed at 12...lol. so no shower before work. UGH...good thing no one can see or smell me LOL. On another note, I did give in to ice cream last night. I had cried all day...one of my dear friends had lost their son to a police shooting and had a press conf yesterday..its under investigation...won't go into all of it, but I hurt so bad for them. So ice cream called my name and I said YES..LOL

@trooworld sounds like a fun day. I love your goals for sleep..

@its_cleo its okay to fall off the wagon...thats why there is an option to get back on..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Sounds like you have a good plan in place for your workouts. So Step 2 when the time comes, work on the execution.

@cbabie Another good choice today on fruit bar. Oh that was yesterday, just read your next post. lol But you did get on the treadmill. So then it made me wonder did you have a fleeting thought of well, I exercised today so it's okay for the ice cream. (you can always tell when I'm reading books about the thoughts we have) A good response to ice cream calling your name is responding, OK, let's make a date for tomorrow. Then plan to have some tomorrow. That way it is mindful and not just impulse. But then you need a good distraction and that's where your list of distractions come in. (you've made your list in your journal, right?) Strange. I have a sensitive nose too. But only for smells that aren't supposed to be there. I'm not real good with food smells or perfume smells. Sorry about your friend's son. I'm not happy right now with a lot of the boys in blue. Too many videos out there.

@its_cleo So I'm assuming you jumped off the food wagon? Cause it sounds like you still are doing some kind of movement. Notice I said jump and not fall. Fall would indicate accidentally. Everything we do is a choice. Good or bad. For instance I chose to eat 1/2 pita with Nutella and PB. I should have chosen the 1/2 Twix candy bar that I really wanted but said, no. After logging it all, I had more carbs/calories with my work around. Air fried hot dogs don't even sound appealing. Probably cause I'm thinking air fried popcorn better known as cardboard pellets. But it's possible. Although I could just pop them into my toaster oven. Easier to clean. Victoria BC sounds like my kind of place. I wasn't looking at Bo's hair but his chest. I think cougars have more fun anyway. Life is to be enjoyed.

Yellow Day- Went over 216/164 :o Intentional Movement- 31 min walk

July goals: Green Dot day :( Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan Food :(