July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    07/01-07/20: 27.1
    07/21: 3.2

I have really been slacking this month. Hopefully I will be able to complete my goal.

exercise.png
  • deraffemikey06
    deraffemikey06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    213 Posts Behind!

I had a long draft written out last week to respond to each of you - suffice it to say, work got busy and I never was able to post.

I did the Aravaipa Stunner Virtual 93k last week! Actually, i ran over 60 miles and a 93K is just over 57. So my total time was over 14 hours but I am happy with that.

Saturday, I woke up and really really thought a 50k would be around or just over 25 miles and I thought, "sure, I can do that." I checked to verify and it was over 31 miles. I had to choose between doing less, not doing anything, or just going for it. I went for it.

SO on Saturday, I ran my first Marathon AND my first Ultra and it took just eight hours, one minute, and two seconds. I was ELATED. The 15.5 miles on Sunday felt like death, but it got done.

I have been resting for one whole day. I am a firm believer in active recovery, but I will continue to rest this evening and stretch and EAT and SLEEP and then I'll get back to lifting and running tomorrow evening.

Since I'm obviously a psychopath, I signed up for their virtual Vertigo run, which is 119k challenge. So the ultra that week will be just over 32 miles.

Oh! One other cool thing that happened was that on Saturday, after I had just been done not even an hour, I got an invite to be on Aravaipa's zoom call, live. That was really fun, except I think I sounded insane - I had just been running for eight hours, so hopefully they understand.

@Faebert I agree with @Scott6255 - you are an overcomer. You are strong. You can do hard things! I believe in you! Also, if it is any consolation at all - my five year relationship/ engagement ended a week after Valentine's Day this year. I completely understand. And I am so sorry.

@Tramboman Agree - we are all going to be dead.

To everyone I could not/ did not mention specifically: You are STRONG. You are brave. You are doing amazing things and I hope you are so proud of yourselves.

Oh guess what else -

I've been ranting at all of you for 371 days! Happy Anniversary! Love you to the moon!

@Camaramandy648 Congrats on your first marathon/ ultra. Great achievement!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 0 rest days
    7/2 – 5
    7/3 – 8
    7/4 – 6
    7/5 – 4
    7/6 – 5
    7/7 – 5
    7/8 – 3 with Champ
    7/9 – 2 with Champ
    7/10 – 4 with Champ
    7/11 – 4 mile trail race
    7/12 – 3
    7/13 – 5
    7/14 – 3 with Champ
    7/15 - 3
    7/16 -5
    7/17 – 6
    7/18 – 4
    7/19 – 6
    7/20 – rest day
    7/21 - 5

86 of 110 miles

Races (ha ha way too many virtual races):
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K 14 - 30 Sep
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July - September
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach 84% there!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 100 Miles

7/1: 6.51 miles
    7/2: 6.02 miles
    7/5: 10.10 miles
    7/7: 6.22 miles
    7/8: 6.05 miles
    7/9: 6.08 miles
    7/12: 10.03 miles
    7/14: 6.21 miles
    7/15: 6.02 miles
    7/16: 6.22 miles
    7/19: 10.52 miles
    7/21: 6.02 miles

85.99/100 miles completed for July

773.82/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 6 miles this morning. It's still summer, but it wasn't as hot as it was last week so it wasn't terrible weather-wise. I really enjoy my early morning runs. It's surprising to me too since I was never a morning person. But I am looking forward to fall and the temps being a little cooler.

I had my yearly exam and mammogram last week and while for the most part everything went well I am going to have to go in next week for a diagnostic mammogram. I have had to do them before and so I feel like it is probably nothing, just another "we'll keep an eye on it and do diagnostic mammos every 6 months" , but I'm a little stressed about it so any prayers or good vibes y'all want to send my way would be appreciated.

I got kind of behind on the thread, but there was lots of good stuff and I liked and hugged where appropriate.

@HonuNui I love the turtle picture! I really love all of your snorkeling pictures.

@rheddmobile I also love the comic! You and your husband seem like fun people.

@PastorVincent Cool picture of the comet. I've gone out a few times to try to see it, but it has either been too cloudy or too many trees blocking it.

@faebert So sorry about your breakup and the really tough year. Hang in there! We are here for you!

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Oh! One other cool thing that happened was that on Saturday, after I had just been done not even an hour, I got an invite to be on Aravaipa's zoom call, live. That was really fun, except I think I sounded insane - I had just been running for eight hours, so hopefully they understand.

You ran for 8 hours. That by default means you are insane. :)

Hahahahaha yeah, basically. I couldn't formulate entire thoughts into entire sentences because I was reeling over what had just happened - but alas, it was a great time!

• Camaramandy648
    Options
    @deraffemikey06 Thank you!

I am excited for the next one! In the meantime, I am focusing on strength and recovery and food.

In some way, I feel like I have never been this tired in my life!
  • deraffemikey06
    Options

I am excited for the next one! In the meantime, I am focusing on strength and recovery and food.

@Camaramandy648 I don't think I wanted to do anything for the next week after running my first marathon. I can't even imagine how much longer I'd be out with the extra miles. never gone past 43K personally
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

@Camaramandy648 I don't think I wanted to do anything for the next week after running my first marathon. I can't even imagine how much longer I'd be out with the extra miles. never gone past 43K personally

@deraffemikey06 DOOOOOOOOOO IT! you will feel ALIVE!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »

@faebert So sorry about your breakup and the really tough year. Hang in there! We are here for you!

This :(
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    07/01 - 4.5 Miles
    07/03 - 8.0 Miles
    07/07 - 4.6 Miles
    07/09 - 4.5 Miles
    07/11 - 8.0 Miles
    07/14 - 5.0 miles
    07/16 - 5.0 miles
    07/18 - 6.2 miles
    07/21 - 5.0 miles

July Total: 50.9/75 miles
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Great job on your marathon and ultra @Camaramandy648 !
  • deraffemikey06
    Options
    1-Jul 8.6
    2-Jul 8.6
    3-Jul 8.3
    4-Jul 8.7
    5-Jul 8.7
    6-Jul 8.7
    7-Jul 9
    8-Jul 8.7
    9-Jul 8.7
    10-Jul 9.2
    11-Jul 8.6
    12-Jul 8.6
    13-Jul 8.8
    14-Jul 8.6
    15-Jul 8.4
    16-Jul 8.5
    17-Jul 8.6
    18-Jul 8.6
    19-Jul 8.7
    20-Jul 8.6
    21-Jul 8.6

Actual: 181.8/ Goal: 275
    Going to start some long runs and speed days this week. Getting ready for some virtual races and possibly my "one not officially canceled yet" race :D
  • deraffemikey06
    Options

@deraffemikey06 DOOOOOOOOOO IT! you will feel ALIVE!

@Camaramandy648 I'm going to look for something not canceled. I'd prefer not to run a virtual 50K but I might not have any other choice. Hopefully I can find some actual race before next June :D
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just dropping in to cross post from FB group.

I have a favor if you want to do a virtual group run. I have always been obsessed with Scooby Doo and now there's a race. Virtual of course. They are giving free buffs to groups of 15 or more. I want a buff. So I made a group! You can do a 5 or 10k. Run or walk. You can also get your dog a bandana or collar. You know, if you are also a Scoob fan. TIA if you decide to register and join the team!

Details:
    Team Code – this is a private code designated to your group. ALL group members (including yourself) must register using this following code and this code ONLY!

RUNSONESPRESSO

The team code will be entered on the last step of the registration process, during the page to complete your order.

Enter the code in the area provided for Coupon/Promo Code

Press apply to link the team code to the registration

Rates are $40 for the 5k and 10k

Please remind your group members if they are interested in participating on the team, it is mandatory that they sign up via the team code by August 13th. ALL runners from your group must be registered online by that date to be eligible for the exclusive Scooby Doo running buff – no exceptions.

Link: https://www.scoobydoorun.com/virtual/

xl272p2intha.jpg
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso That looks really cool. I always loved Scooby Doo as a kid. Is there a date that it is supposed to be run? I will have to check and see about entering. But hopefully I will know by August 13th if I will be able to do it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo here is some fresh bone x-rays...
    srtlw3kz9zsf.jpg
    esxlud0pw593.jpg
    I need to have a Frank conversation with this doctor. He's room honest and tell me straight up, whether or not I'll ever run again. He seems to think my ambitious career change is probably going to be very difficult as far as physical demands. anyway I'll follow up with him in 3 weeks and we'll see where we are with the rest of my life
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso That looks really cool. I always loved Scooby Doo as a kid. Is there a date that it is supposed to be run? I will have to check and see about entering. But hopefully I will know by August 13th if I will be able to do it.

If you want to submit time & get the finisher certificate it needs to be completed by 10/4. Otherwise, whenever you want.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind and wise words everyone. You’re a lovely bunch! X
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just dropping in to cross post from FB group.

I have a favor if you want to do a virtual group run. I have always been obsessed with Scooby Doo and now there's a race. Virtual of course. They are giving free buffs to groups of 15 or more. I want a buff. So I made a group! You can do a 5 or 10k. Run or walk. You can also get your dog a bandana or collar. You know, if you are also a Scoob fan. TIA if you decide to register and join the team!

Details:
    Team Code – this is a private code designated to your group. ALL group members (including yourself) must register using this following code and this code ONLY!

RUNSONESPRESSO

The team code will be entered on the last step of the registration process, during the page to complete your order.

Enter the code in the area provided for Coupon/Promo Code

Press apply to link the team code to the registration

Rates are $40 for the 5k and 10k

Please remind your group members if they are interested in participating on the team, it is mandatory that they sign up via the team code by August 13th. ALL runners from your group must be registered online by that date to be eligible for the exclusive Scooby Doo running buff – no exceptions.

Link: https://www.scoobydoorun.com/virtual/

xl272p2intha.jpg

SCOOOOOBY DOOOBY DOOOOOO!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo here is some fresh bone x-rays...
    srtlw3kz9zsf.jpg
    esxlud0pw593.jpg
    I need to have a frank conversation with this doctor. He's been honest and will tell me straight up whether or not I'll ever run again. He seems to think my ambitious career change is probably going to be very difficult as far as physical demands. Anyway I'll follow up with him in 3 weeks and we'll see where we are with the rest of my life

lord... speech to text is worse than auto correct. corrected for clarity. (Don't speech to text in the schlotzsky's drive thru without checking first).

@Avidkeo That knee look off to you? I'm laying down, there's still swelling and its a bit uncomfortable to straighten. I can't help but think the tibia is rotated, and I have miserable malalignment syndrome. why not, right?