I'm too sexual looking...........accusation from a gym membe

Options

Replies

• janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oh Please! Its a gym. You're wearing gym clothes. Maybe someone should suggest she find a Curves.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    What about gi bottoms? They aren't too constricting...
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a fire-shooting cod-piece, like Blackie Lawless of WASP used to wear.

Best idea yet!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'm always getting accused of looking too sexual too. *hair flip* What are we to do?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I got a warning from my Group Fitness Supervisor today to be aware of my clothing at the gym. In my avatar, I'm wearing the same spandex that I was accused of being "too sexual looking" in when a complaint was put in the suggestion box! I wear them because if I just wore shorts, every time I kick (and I kick high) in kickboxing instruction, you'd see my "junk". At least this way I'm "contained". Through the grapevine, apparently it's from a very "religious and conservative" woman who attends my classes.

So your opinion: If I wore that to an instruction class, would you be offended?

BTW, I have no choice but to "cover up" more.

I don't really see a problem with what you're wearing.. but then I'm not looking at your toodles. Though, I think some of the other guys here in the correctional facility may have a few sexy thoughts about you.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'll give the unpopular answer.... If it's only "Through the grapevine" that it was one lady, maybe that's the problem. If the supervisor felt the need to approach you about the attire, it seems like they have gotten more than one complaint about it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How did you find out it was me that complained?

Ok, it wasn't really me. I'm a very conservative Christian though but I've never thought of you as being too sexual looking in that outfit. Seems appropriate enough to me.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    CRAB EYES SHOWING !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If she's in your class, maybe wear something loose but appropriate that might fling your junk in her direction. Next time you wear the container-wear she might be more appreciative :-P What you're wearing in the pic looks like normal gym apparel to me.

THIS!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    I'll give the unpopular answer.... If it's only "Through the grapevine" that it was one lady, maybe that's the problem. If the supervisor felt the need to approach you about the attire, it seems like they have gotten more than one complaint about it.
    My supe is up front with me. She told me it was the very first complaint, so she hasn't taken it seriously and wanted to give me a heads up. She has told me yet that I have to change my attire, but now that I'm aware, I may just have to just so it's not an issue. We'll see. I may not change and see if the complaint comes in again.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a clear case of sexism - she wouldn't be complaining if you were a female wearing tight shorts. I think you should leave the solution up to your supervisor. You clearly have a very good reason for needing to wear what you wear - wearing something more inhibiting (or less, depending on how you look at it) will possibly affect your teaching. So, if you need to buy those $50.00 things, then the gym buys them for you.

Or, you could just get it over with and satisfy this woman's pent-up sexual urges.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    What do the male instructors at your gym wear to teach spin class? I would assume it would be bike shorts like what you have on. Maybe you could be like one psycho spin instructor I had who was constantly yelling "eyes" and doing the whole two fingers at his eyes, two fingers at our eyes. Maybe you could do the same and keep her eyes on your other "parts" besides what she is obviously focusing on! :laugh:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Is what you are wearing allowed by company dress code? If it is then its really not fair of them to single you out based off one compliant when you're actually doing nothing wrong, unless of course they're planning to change their policy and tell everyone they can't wear shorts like that.

I'd also say that's in a pretty normal range of gym clothing, not offensive.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well, if you wore some white spandex with taint stains that should avert those sexual predators' eyes from staring at the crotchal area.

Taint stains?? WTF is coming out of your taint area, love?? :huh:
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lol I walk around in my underwear so to me you look quite modest,some people got to get a life.I git hate messageson this site because of my profile pic,I happen to be proud of my achievement + us Hawaiian never wear shirts ,so maybe you should look into an official dress code policy with that gym and if you are in the rite to wear what u have on than tell every1 to shove it
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Here's a solution...

PHOTO_7636807_7691_10109238_ap_320X240.jpg
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wear your spandex and then shorts on top...that is what my UMA instructors do.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I wondered this myself. Unless you know for sure (as in the women talked to you personally) that's the particular student that's troubled by it, you really don't know for sure where the complaint is coming from.

Could be the supervisor is uncomfy bringing it up and so she put it off on this one person. Seriously would you get a warning as an instructor for ONE complaint from one person? That is hard to believe at least with the class sizes around here. I don't know how big your classes are but that's seems a bit strange to me.

just some thoughts..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Is what you are wearing allowed by company dress code? If it is then its really not fair of them to single you out based off one compliant when you're actually doing nothing wrong, unless of course they're planning to change their policy and tell everyone they can't wear shorts like that.

I'd also say that's in a pretty normal range of gym clothing, not offensive.
    Spandex is allowed by females and males. It's just that instructors have a different standard because we are at the front of a class. I'm waiting it out and seeing what happens with this.