WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    My 50th birthday vacation to the Washington Islands.
    Rebecca does this look like Langley on Whidbey?
    I didn't mark it for location.

3mm8itybat7t.jpg

It does! My favorite ramen place is in Langley! Its called "Ultra House" and its amazing!😁
  • Whidislander
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I took two flour tortillas, firmed them up with a bit of olive oil, in the oven. Then I sauteed a bit of red sweet onions and kielbasa sausage cut up. Next I combined some diced tomatoes and my favorite dressing ( Annie's shiitake mushroom dressing). I put on tomatoes, sausage, and some havarti cheese & olives. Back in the oven to melt the cheese. It was delightful!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Fri line dancing at the port, recycling, Sat: typing, Sun: Gold Beach, Freddie’s, minutes to Howard, meeting notice to board.
    Bonus: fruit and veg prep, one load of laundry, 48 mins vacuuming,
    Get to do: Breakfast picnic and stroll with Barb, BB&B, massage, call USB re: paper loan statements; email SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, invest 10 mins cleaning Office, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday firehall apologize to Aaron.
    Jumpback July
    17 write your worries down and save them for a specific worry time. Mine are: Joe’s eyes, Shadow’s granuloma, my increasing clumsiness. How grateful I am that those are my only worries. Will save them for prayer list time.
    18 let go of the small stuff, focus on what matters – nope, Saturday did the big fat nothing.
    19 notice something positive to come out of a difficult situation – think my spending will be more mindful the next 30 days.
    20 What’s the best thing that can happen? Happened! Joe agreed to go to Medford to consult with the eye surgeon.
    21 Change the way you think about: instead of being hurt or angry that Joe didn’t want me to go with to the surgeon, being glad he was willing to go at all, and enjoyed having the house to myself those hours.
    22 3 things I can feel hopeful about: Joe’s eyesurgery is: “minimally invasive”, “low risk” and if the pressure comes back up there’s still another surgery we can try.
    23 Remember feelings will pass in time, even frustration and anger with “Miss Snotty Receptionist”
    24 Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong: yesterday’s sliver lining/memory moment.
    25 Notice when feeling judgmental, choose to be kind instead, so ok, maybe Miss S R is under unusual pressure either to close the deal or to cope with cranky stubborn hard of hearing patients who are reluctant to follow the governor’s requirements and or resistant to treatment. Surely not us! :lol:

Overslept last Friday so skipped T’ai Chi. Made up for it by committing to line dancing Fri afternoon in the park, even though I had to drag myself. Felt better for doing it.

Over a week without checking in on you all. Was all I could do to log my food.

Belated welcomes @JazzyJewel1969, @dellafayefox Faye Or/WA, @Deborah100660 from Corona CA, @rojeli6332 from Paris TN,
    Sharon spending the night in an unheated office [shiver]. Too bad at least one of the doors isn’t self locking on exit.
    Barbie the Maya Angelou quote on complaining really hit home.
    Beth “struggling with low energy” and “think I’m just wearing out” perfectly describes me the past week plus. Also occasional, sudden, overwhelming sadness, fortunately those episodes are brief. Think I just need a good cry.
    Rebecca could you hate cleaning so because you’ll just have to do it all over again? Hard to find satisfaction is something so ephemeral and strenuous. Your creative correspondence sounds like much more fun.
    Machka dream occupation, some kind of archeological computer analyst, potassium argon tester/dendochronologist. Field work is just too darned hard/hot. I’m better with computers.

Time to get moving again, only 28 pages behind ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=Fri: 4170 Sat: 1920 Sun: 5055 vits=15 log=16 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=14 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=2 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9.75 play= sew=
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,728 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I did get a cat nap in the recliner earlier...but am fighting a sinus headache..
    Faith fed and is relaxing,im sure she will be snoozing in a bit
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara …you are not a complainer…

• Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Fri line dancing at the port, recycling, Sat: typing, Sun: Gold Beach, Freddie’s, minutes to Howard, meeting notice to board.
    Bonus: fruit and veg prep, one load of laundry, 48 mins vacuuming,
    Get to do: Breakfast picnic and stroll with Barb, BB&B, massage, call USB re: paper loan statements; email SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, invest 10 mins cleaning Office, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday firehall apologize to Aaron.
    Jumpback July
    17 write your worries down and save them for a specific worry time. Mine are: Joe’s eyes, Shadow’s granuloma, my increasing clumsiness. How grateful I am that those are my only worries. Will save them for prayer list time.
    18 let go of the small stuff, focus on what matters – nope, Saturday did the big fat nothing.
    19 notice something positive to come out of a difficult situation – think my spending will be more mindful the next 30 days.
    20 What’s the best thing that can happen? Happened! Joe agreed to go to Medford to consult with the eye surgeon.
    21 Change the way you think about: instead of being hurt or angry that Joe didn’t want me to go with to the surgeon, being glad he was willing to go at all, and enjoyed having the house to myself those hours.
    22 3 things I can feel hopeful about: Joe’s eyesurgery is: “minimally invasive”, “low risk” and if the pressure comes back up there’s still another surgery we can try.
    23 Remember feelings will pass in time, even frustration and anger with “Miss Snotty Receptionist”
    24 Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong: yesterday’s sliver lining/memory moment.
    25 Notice when feeling judgmental, choose to be kind instead, so ok, maybe Miss S R is under unusual pressure either to close the deal or to cope with cranky stubborn hard of hearing patients who are reluctant to follow the governor’s requirements and or resistant to treatment. Surely not us! :lol:

Overslept last Friday so skipped T’ai Chi. Made up for it by committing to line dancing Fri afternoon in the park, even though I had to drag myself. Felt better for doing it.

Over a week without checking in on you all. Was all I could do to log my food.

Belated welcomes @JazzyJewel1969, @dellafayefox Faye Or/WA, @Deborah100660 from Corona CA, @rojeli6332 from Paris TN,
    Sharon spending the night in an unheated office [shiver]. Too bad at least one of the doors isn’t self locking on exit.
    Barbie the Maya Angelou quote on complaining really hit home.
    Beth “struggling with low energy” and “think I’m just wearing out” perfectly describes me the past week plus. Also occasional, sudden, overwhelming sadness, fortunately those episodes are brief. Think I just need a good cry.
    Rebecca could you hate cleaning so because you’ll just have to do it all over again? Hard to find satisfaction is something so ephemeral and strenuous. Your creative correspondence sounds like much more fun.
    Machka dream occupation, some kind of archeological computer analyst, potassium argon tester/dendochronologist. Field work is just too darned hard/hot. I’m better with computers.

Time to get moving again, only 28 pages behind ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=Fri: 4170 Sat: 1920 Sun: 5055 vits=15 log=16 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=14 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=2 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9.75 play= sew=

It was interesting how OCD I felt when cleaning. I definitely have a method for my madness. If stuff isn't done the way I want it done, I redo it. It was the first major cleaning since we moved in. Like cleaning from the window wells to the ceiling lights. I deligated some tasks, which son did.👍
    Yes, my letter writing, its as much fun decorating the envelopes and paper, making the sticker bags, as the letter itself. The whole process is relaxing to me. I usually spend and hour a day with ear buds in writing happily. I tell my pen pals, I think of my letters to you as two people chatting, each with coffee in hand. My one friend said, can I drink diet coke? Silly, of course you can.😁
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbara, it isn't so much that I will have to clean again, its the fact that when I clean I can't just surface clean, its turning the couches over, vacuuming everywhere cleaning. I sometimes take all the small things out of the room to the next room. Then brush all the dust from the sideboard inward, then vacuum. My mom used to have me wipe all the rubber kitchen sideboards with "liquid Gold" because she said it reflected and made the tile cleaner looking. And that's where I get my weirdness from!😁
    💖Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    I took Michaela to some yard sales today, we only went to three but she hit the jackpot on the second one. On the drive there she had been asking me for a Barbie camper. I told her that it was not part of my budget for a “just because” gift it would need to be a Christmas/birthday present. We get to the yard sale and lo and behold they have a Barbie camper that has a radio and working lights for 10.00!

Pip - it’s an Airstream!

This is her and Grampie figuring it all out.
    ag9w59kiatuw.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

OMG!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Snowflake- can u take mow pics?
  • rraichetops
    rraichetops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Barbie! Thank you.

I'm 54 years old. lost 67 pounds over the last 2 years using My Fitness Pal. Then I hit a plateau starting in January. Then during the lock down, I baked and put back on 27 pounds. I'm back at the weight loss now, with the help of a weight loss clinic and My Fitness Pal and Fitbit, sticking with a 1,500 calorie diet and a goal of 7,500+ steps a day. It took a bit of time on the lower calories for my body to adjust and stop holding fluid. This week I started losing again with a loss of 2.4 pounds in a week. I'm ready to keep going. My goal is 1 pound per week average. SW 343 pounds. GW 185 pounds. I'm going to do this!!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    Pip - I think you and Kirby need a Barbie Airstream!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,358 Member
    Options
    Beth – I agree, the flowers your mother received are pretty but I would be disappointed, too.

Katla – I don’t remember Amber saying that she was sick, but maybe I missed it. I thought she said something about RJ being sick, tho. Update: Okie – thanks for reminding us about Amber

Kim – so happy for your godson

Rebecca – Vince always says that he’d get me a maid only if I absolutely needed one because he knows me and I’d clean before she came because I didn’t want her to see a mess and then I’d clean after she left because she didn’t do it my (the correct) way!

Sara UK until the day he died, I was my father’s “little girl”

Pip
    – Kim’s right, you DEFINITELY need a Barbie airstream!!!

Michele NC