Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    News in my neighborhood--- the Bassett Hound/Corgi mix the neighbors adopted a few weeks ago had her puppies! (They were unaware she was pregnant when they adopted her until they took her to vet to be spayed. It was quite an unexpected surprise!) She went into labor this morning and by 5pm had 10 puppies!! Unfortunately, one did not survive, so she has 9 pups. Its her first litter. She did splendidly! By posting pics of the pups as they were born, about 6 of them already have potential homes! Its an older retired couple and they are doting "grandparents"!!

Oh my gosh! I would love to see how they look when they grow up! Did they adopt from Rescue or individual? Rescue should have known she was pregnant...Thank goodness they are understanding people. Most probably would have returned her. I love puppies!

Thank you for your offer to chat. I am terrible with phone calls. Mostly, because I have no service and no land line. I’m not sure how, but I think I may have ended up with one of the first cell phones ever (it’s only a few years old) but, it is the worst one I have ever had. I literally have to restart my phone, every time I leave my house or I have no service...yup, it’s that bad...
  • arniedog74
    edited July 2020
    Good morning,

Happy Friday. TGIF!!

Kathryn- Puppies! what a treat. I only know a couple of people here and their dogs and no puppies that I can see. I hope you are able to enjoy them.

Regular type errands this weekend, and with any luck a hair cut. We shall see.

Need a strong cup of tea. It is Friday after all and I need to look awake for work.

Wave to all who follow. Stay sane and safe out there.

Are there any rescues open for you to go get your puppy fix? Puppy kisses are the best

I tried to look Lana up in my Scensty contacts and for some reason couldn’t find her...she’s got to be there..I lose patience sometimes and forget to try again...Thanks for the idea..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    dawn if you and Kathryn are connected on FB the have chat rooms now - dont know how they work but that may be an option.
  • arniedog74
    Lana- I may have asked last time you kept Ru, but don’t remember...does Ru have any calming meds? Does she have a close Vet that maybe would be able to prescribe something short term, that you could pick or have delivered (if they do that) Just a thought. I know how stressful it can be when they just can’t relax. It’s hard on the pup and even harder on you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    c92j48u4tz0t.png

Good morning,

Three errands and then time is mine. Should be done well before lunch - think naps.

Many people I know with their dogs are leaving the area - too expensive and they want yards for their dogs. Cant blame them.

Walking also on tap as I need to keep up my walking habit still getting around 5k a day. Easier when it is not HOT.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Good morning all~~

This morning after I walked Ru and fed him, I really wanted to go back to sleep for a while, so I brought him into the bedroom and put him in his crate (owner never crates him during the day), and he settled down and went to sleep. Now he is up with me and he can do his wandering and turning in circles....

It's only today and tomorrow left....
    Dawn, if I had him for a longer time, I would definitely look into the calming meds. Good advice. Thank you.

I'm grateful for the pretty day with sunshine.
    It's 5 months until Christmas. 🎄

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - lavender is always useful if you happen to be able to get some.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    <3 I put in a heart as a page reminder but really I should put this in - :( as thats how I feel today
  • LanaCabana537
    Lana - lavender is always useful if you happen to be able to get some.

Sara - that's a good idea. Dang. I do not have any in the house, and if ever I watch him again, I will get some.

👍🏻
  • LanaCabana537
    Sara628588 wrote: »
    <3 I put in a heart as a page reminder but really I should put this in - :( as thats how I feel today

Sara6 - You may be off to dreamland at this hour. I hope that you sleep well and that you have a better Sunday and aren't sad or upset. Hugs~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Every time I think, the day is going to be bette than the 1 before....DH cardiologist appt is Mon... I told my Mgr and Dr’s, when appt was made..Mgr told me, not to fill out a time of request, I will have the time off...well, guess what, I don’t have the time off, nothing I can do about it... I don’t go, DH won’t go...he already told me this...he will not reschedule...so, this is all been for nothing...Mgr says, “I’m a a loss. Sorry” They have been good to me with my family. But, this is not the first time this has happened to me...I am the only one this happens to...I’m tempted to just take off...let them write me up, fire me...whatever...this is something so important...

I’m over everything...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn have your DH reschedule apt and call in sick if you must. Work is important but so is your family.
  • arniedog74
    Dawn have your DH reschedule apt and call in sick if you must. Work is important but so is your family.

I’m going to try to reschedule for him...he won’t do it, himself. I don’t know if they will let me. I just get frustrated when I’m told one thing, then when I try to do it, I’m told I can’t. Happened more than once....the bad part, just like everywhere, Monday’s are crazy and it wouldn’t be fair to leave them short handed...but, the others that are gone, are on vacation or taking their son to be sent to boot camp...the last one takes so many days off, it’s ridiculous..but, she’s friends with the Dr’s so she can do whatever she wants...this would be different if it wasn’t his heart...his heart! Seriously... I just wanna scream...REALLY LOUD
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Sara628588 wrote: »

Sara6 - You may be off to dreamland at this hour. I hope that you sleep well and that you have a better Sunday and aren't sad or upset. Hugs~~

Lana

Thank you Lana, much appreciated.

• LanaCabana537
    nwvxexo2x6re.jpeg

*** SUNDAY July 26th ***

Good morning All~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - So your manager lied to you when she said you will be able to have the time off without making it official. That was cr@ppy of her. Lesson learned--always get the day off made official.

Call the cardiologist and change the appointment. You should have no problem functioning as your husband's secretary.
    On the other hand, as Sara says keep the appointment and call in sick to work. Does DH have time off from his work?

Please know that there is only so much that we can control.
    When we have difficulties, and we struggle against them or wish strongly that things were different, we are adding to the difficulties and creating suffering for ourselves.

Pain + struggling = Suffering

Practice holding problems more lightly. There will always be problems; how we react to them is our choice.

Big big hugs 💖
    Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Happy Sunday!

The Moose Grilling Contest was a success! We only had three entries, but with all the other activities we had in conjunction, we raised over $1000 for the project.

For those not familiar, the money goes to support Mooseheart Child City and School in Illinois and Moosehaven Retirement Community in Florida. Moose Lodges across the U.S. And Canada raise money to care for these children and seniors.

My Lodge is a very small, very new Lodge, but we are known for our generosity and ability to support our cause.

Almost makes the pain I'm in worth it. <3 After my 18 hour day at the Lodge yesterday, my movements today will be minimal. Laundry will be completed at some point. Other than that, I will be in bed most of the day.

Wishing you all a fantastic day!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Up late last night anniversary party for neighbors. If things go well they will be able to move soon. One person at the party becomes drunk and verbally combative. As soon as the anniversary couple leaves there wont be the hangout there is now. Means I can get more sleep. I will miss that couple though.

Got 6k in yesterday so trend is still active.

Housework badly needed, but it wont take that long, so what to binge watch online?

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Busy times and lots of folks struggle with conflict. Me too, but mines about a decision I have to make for me and my family. And I'm tired of being in a house that needs soooooo much work but is full of people and pets so I can't do anything to fix stuff. Well, I've decided that the fixing will commence regardless of who is here and we will figure it out. I love having my kids with me but wish they could live elsewhere for about a month so I could just empty the house, get stuff done, and then we could come back. Plumbing, painting, doors, so much. Built in 1984 and hasn't had any major upgrades--hollow wood doors everywhere, no storm doors on front or back entrance, blah, blah, blah. I got a good price and will recoup much of what I spend just b/c the house has appreciated in value so much lately.

I took off yesterday and kept to my cal budget but need to get back out moving. I feel drowsy and dopey from not doing much. Slept from 11 pm to 11:30 am so I must have needed the rest. Heat is back, but that won't stop me; Just hoping it's not storming so I can take the dogs to DP. Otherwise, I'll jog alone in a safer area.

So, I'm looking at a dream deferred perhaps for another year--was right on the cusp but it just won't work for family right now. 9-10 months will make it so much easier on everyone. The thought of another winter here makes me want to cry, but it won't be that bad once we are into it. Sigh.

I'm just facing reality and I'll bounce back. Almost through first cup of coffee and should be feeling much more alive soon. I have self-made problems (decisions I chased, not illness or things I can't control) and I tend to dwell too long on things with easy solutions that I just don't want to take. Being a responsible adult is not all fun and games :)
  • heatherrorie
    heatherrorie Posts: 25 Member
    @mkculs13 I know what that's like. I've done major work when we resided in the house and once before we moved in. Fixing an empty house is nice, but just getting stuff done made me feel so good it was worth working around all the people, things, pets. Hang in there. When you finish the first thing, you will be proud and glad.