Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    pio89opwzpzi.jpg

Mother Nature is off her meds. This rollercoaster weather is killing my sinuses.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - <<<<<hugs>>>>>>
    Birthdays and holidays are always so hard
    So sorry to hear about pup.

Thank you. Had a good chat with a dear friend, a few good laughs. Trying to make the day ok.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    pio89opwzpzi.jpg

Mother Nature is off her meds. This rollercoaster weather is killing my sinuses.

This is us right now! Ice hit us last night. Today is snow... possible more snow Sun and Mon... somebody really ticked off Mother Nature this year...
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor about my blood test and I'm all good except I still have high cholesterol for my age group but hey at least I don't have the rest of the things that run in my family... yet... BUT I'M DOWN 6 POUNDS!!!

The weird weather has apparently released a lot of juniper pollen into the air down here. I don't have seasonal allergies but everyone around me is dropping like flies.

@RunaMarti - glad to hear you have a driver!

@jazzpurrcat - Welcome!

@LanaCabana537 - My mom passed away two years ago and yesterday was her birthday. I ate a whole (a small light cheese/light sauce whole but still a whole) thin and crispy supreme pizza without realizing it was her favorite that I ordered on a whim. So yeah, feeling that salt today!

@arniedog74 - I feel for you right now, like I said yesterday was my moms birthday and also I have an ailing pet. Hug! They say time heals all wounds and we can only hope that it will.

@hickchic67 - YIKES and I was complaining about the yo yo weather here. Please don't freeze!

@Tilliesmommy1: update: the mail room, kitchen, and bisecting hallway now smells like rotting food and has for like 3 days according to my full time co-workers. I wish I could leave my desk more often, this is horrible! Also the scale picture made me laugh, my RN and I joked about how we threw out our home scales because they were messing with our minds.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Dawn - I'm sorry that you are sad and feeling it on your grandfather's birthday; also feel bad to hear about your doggie being unwell. 😰

Wow Sara - Thank you - I didn't know that O'Hare was having problems. Of course they were with the ice storm. I'm not playing with a full deck any more.

Kathryn - That is so funny: Mother Nature is off Her meds! LOL! I am going to steal that one....

I may be MIA for a day or two as I get settled in to being in Quincy, IL.

Tomorrow the Cabana Boys are planning a great Friday happy hour!

Big hugs to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    8892 total steps

New Sup at work has no experience but she worked under the manager. It is who you know sometimes. My immediate Sup and her will be very interesting to watch as I know she also applied for the job.

Dog is doing better and I am glad and hoping for a good nights sleep.

Hilary's Vegetarian Burger tonight fried was wonderful. Nice crunch on burger/cooked through and hot. They sell in boxes of 2 and am already wondering about making burger salads.

Roast sweet potato/black bean burritos came across FB page I saved and will be making this weekend.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Evening all!
    @arniedog74 - So sorry you are blue today {{Virtual Hugs!}} There are days when losses just come home to roost and the only thing you can do is slog through them.
    @hickchic67 - :D:D:D Cracking me up - We went from 70 and WAY windy this morning to lower 40s tonight, and supposed to be 24 by morning.
    @marsellilove - Congrats on the 6!!
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Hope pups tummy gets better soon.
    Lana - Hope the trip goes well!

One of the guys that I work with has a 2 year old child that is hearing impaired. Did a cochlear implant recently and he has been going to a great school for the hearing challenged. Work decided to hold a Soup Lunch. 17 people made crock-pots of soup, stew, chili ... Lunch was "free", but donations to the school were appreciated. Over $800 raised at last count, and money still coming in. Great to work in a giving place and I had some wonderful 3 bean chili for lunch.
    I started cooking my veggie-beef soup last night and had it in the crock-pot my husband tasted this morning and said - TOO SALTY! you cant serve that. Not sure what I did, but I must have seasoned twice. Ended up making a Tex-Mex chicken and rice soup just based on what was in the pantry - turned out good, but this was a whirlwind!!

• arniedog74
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thank you all for good thoughts and hugs. I've been doing fairly well, lately. It just really hit me, yesterday. I know, there's always going to be times...I always think about him... glad to have everyone here. I appreciate you all.

Missy- what sweet pups! Love that she's comforting him. Hope he heals well and quickly.

Sara- glad Miss T's tummy is better...

Lana- post when you can... hugs to you!

Marselli- so sorry for the loss of your mom and ailing pup. Hugs to you. Congrats and Dr check up and weight loss...

Suzu- thank you! That is wonderful what your work did for co worker. So great to see there are still good people..

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Conversation with coworker on new Sup - bet is she will work from home and we will never see her. Those new to the thread - if this is the case I just got done with another Sup who did the same thing........ just roll my eyes.

TGIF

QOTD: What are your plans this weekend?

AOTD: Other than normal errands clean out freezer and read (my books are piling up).

Lurking this wonderful Friday.

Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    AOTD: I have to dye some clothes for a costuming event. Turns out there isn't a great variety of colors in the synthetic line so I'm going to have to do some experimenting.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Catching up!
    Marsel - congrats on weight loss!
    Missy - OMG LOVE your pups. They are beautiful.
    Sara - also glad Ms T is better! those pups - they really get into our hearts don't they.
    Dawn - lots of hugs. good memories of loved ones are awesome, but they do hurt. And I am very sorry your pup is not feeling well. Sounds like lots of spoiling is in order.
    Kathryn - OMG your weather swings are way worse than ours! At least we are always cold, just different levels of how cold. If I had 62 one hour and freezing temps following - I would feel like I had whiplash!
    Lana - I will be there for happy hour!
    AOTD - although I complain about winter, I do partake in the winter sports. We plan to do some ice fishing this weekend (:
    Lurking!
  • marsellilove
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 What books are you reading?
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    AOTD:

Saturday--Lunch with my Moose Sisters then on to the Lodge to decorate for our Valentine's dinner.

Sunday--Meet a friend to pick up a couple of rings I bought from her online sale to benefit local youth bowlers' scholarships. Maybe bowl a couple of games since we're meeting at the bowling alley while she coaches said bowlers.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    marsel - my pile of books are romances, but the talk of "the girl with the dragon tattoo" may make me go and get another of that series (3 books?)
  • suzu_2
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - 3 in the "Millennium" series written by Stieg Larsen before he died - "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", "The Girl Who Played With Fire", and "The Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest". After he died the family and publishers contracted with David Lagercrantz to continue the series. Surprisingly not bad.

AOTD - Took a rare Friday off and drove down to Oxford for a little work, a little shopping, and a great lunch at a favorite spot. For one meal I suspended the diet. I get to Oxford only rarely and I have to take advantage.
    You have to understand that this is the heart of Ole Miss land and the appetizer I love is Hotty-Totty Balls... Garlic mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon rolled into a golf-ball sized round, breaded in cracker meal and deep fried till they are crispy on the outside and piping hot fluffy, cheesy, bacony goodness inside. Thank goodness my husband was with me to split them! I really went for the Spicy chicken stew. I don't know how they make it, but it is one of the best things I ever ate.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7627 steps total - didnt get an afternoon walk in at work.

Dishwasher on and will read while it is running and then snuggle up with Miss T

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Suzu- those sound dangerous! I would definitely need someone to share with! Yummy

Lynn- thank you. I'm doing better. Just a rough day. Pup is definitely getting spoiled :)

Sara- you sure have a rough time with Sup's. Sometimes, absence makes them more tolerable. Was case at my last job. Hehe

Tracey- sounds like a good day!

Lana- I think you will have lotsa company at happy hour!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Cousin called last night to let me know our uncle passed and his funeral is today. They live in Illinois so the best I could do is ask my cousin to hug our aunt for me and give them my best. Uncle was the caregiver to my Aunt so her world will be upended and I asked my cousin to let me know where she "lands" so I can send cards. Her tales of the snow/ice they have had make me very glad to not deal with it.

Rain in forecast but not likely until after lunch which is appreciated.

Dog is up and fed and it is too cold - jump back into the bed with Miss T.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - So sorry about Your uncle! Have a good snuggle with pup.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- so sorry. Very sorry you are unable to attend. I hope your Aunt "lands" in a wonderful place. Hugs to all