Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well scales up a bit after this weekend. Didn't go crazy, but did eat more than normal and I overall I am satisfied with the small increase. Back on the wagon today. Sent major food home with Super Bowl guests when they left - OUT of my house!! The baked wings were really good! Did half with a more traditional hot sauce and butter mixture and the other with a baked crispy Asian glaze using sweet soy and sambal (those were the hands-down favorite).

@Twiley510, I couldn't get Mallory off my mind. Got it off the shelf and started re-reading it after everyone left last night. It really is as good as remembered.

Heading in to work soon. Expecting a busy, busy week.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    QOTD: I want to ______?

AOTD: Get back to yoga next week. Taking a small break due to the dental work.

@suzu_2 I don't actually own any of them. I always checked them out from the Library. I'll have to start looking for previously loved copies soon.

@RunaMarti I went through a phase of autobiographical accounts from celebrities as well. “Breaking the Silence” by Mariette Hartley is AMAZING!! I'll have to look into that one. I love Mariette Hartley! She was one of my idols as a child. She always played such strong characters.

SW 222
    CW 173.8
    GW 150 by July 1st
    UGW 105
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday.
    Rain and warm all weekend. All the snow we had - gone. Only broke out the snow shoes once. Geesh. Friday my pup gets her stitches out - cannot wait. we are supposed to restrict her activity so I have not been going on my AM walk. Can't deal with her broken hearted face if I would leave on one without her ):
    AOTD - also get back into Yoga. haven't for years. No idea why I stopped. dumb. I did find someone youtube this am and started slow.
    2nd AOTD - read some of the books you recommended!
    Sara - Laughed when you talked about Ms T being a drama queen (:
    Lurking - Waves to all
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    AOTD: FINISH THIS KITCHEN! only having an hour here and an hour there is really dragging out this painting. I have been skipping time in gym in order to get this project done ASAP. Even though I have done quite a bit, still feels like I have a million things to do....
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I can't remember if I ever talked about Meg, our drama queen Bassett that comes into clinic... everyone knows when she is here, she's a talker. She comes in about every other month to get her nails done.... and, everyone knows she's here... even before Dr does anything, she barks and howls... she continues this thru the entire nail trim...we all just laugh and laugh. It is a bit deafening to those in the room, particularly those holding the dog. But, she is just so sweet and so funny...as soon as she walks in the door, she's talking...we all just laugh and say, "Meg's here"

Kathy- your kitchen looked gorgeous, before. Hope you can get it done soon and be back to normal life!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    AOTD: get back into doing yoga and exercising regularly as well.

Got rained on at the medieval faire this weekend, like soaked. I had black dye from a new ren fair dress running down my arms kinda soaked. Otherwise it was fabulous.

I love audiobooks while walking but haven't been able to get into reading period lately which has been annoying between school and book club. I mainly read Fantasy, Mystery, and True Crime. I love the odd comic book to break things up.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    so with tax season pretty much here, accounting has been cooking for their department pretty much everyday. The kitchen is right across from the mail room and I think the vents hook up because it either smells like amazing food or old food in here everyday. It's driving me up a wall.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    marsel - that would motivate me to make sure I got away from my desk and walk. In our place we used to be able to smell them cooking bacon for the next day - not sure why that changed.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    8263 total steps.

Freezing or below freezing next two days - we only get snow once in 13 years and the rain just left but that means blizzard conditions in mountains . Also means dog sweater (red turtleneck) for Miss T - she is not fond of it but too bad.

Dawn - your Meg story is a good one and glad the staff make light of it.

Wishing all a good night
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @marsellilove Yep, I will confess to some fantasy as well - Jim Butcher's Dresden file series and the Mercy Thompson series are probably my favorites. We used to own a baseball card shop. Comics were the natural extension and that was my thing.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ugh... 😑 Just not enjoying waking with a start out of a dead sleep and feeling like acid has built up in the back of my throat and my chest burning. I cough and drink down water to try and get the taste out before it sets off my gag reflex. I even invested in stronger OTC antacids. But it is taking awhile to get better. I really should check the churches in the area of the medical center like someone suggested to see if I can find a driver and reschedule that procedure. In the meantime... I eat less.

Hopefully I can get back to sleep soon. Been trying for two hours or so. Then decided to catch up on some thread activity... better than staring at the wall, listening to the trains, my toilet, the heater kicking in and all the other night sounds that are so amplified in the quiet. It sounds like my neighbor is feeling better. He was coughing and spitting up a lung from the sounds of it for days last week.

AOTD: I need to get back to walking, too. Feeling drained as of late again. But even just around the block once or twice a day or every other day would be great. It’s about 0.7 miles for one loop if I don’t cut through the parking lot.

Lurking from behind my book while chillin in my chair... making sure not to attract any attention from Mario. 🍹📖

Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

We even got snow as a possibility last night. Once in 13 years has been the pattern. I had to look twice at the weather symbol. Frosty out there but no snow. If it did it did not stick.

On phone to lady for work, insurance medical claims issues. Seems the company is based in suburb my family is from and her daughter is thinking of buying a house in a nearby suburb where my grandfather built many of the homes. Got to be a very small world in that phone call. My father said my grandfather never made a big profit because he was more interested in adding the little extras - so if she does she will get a good old little house.

Chocolate off my coworkers eating list because of heartburn, so I ate it. Coffee is off my list at the moment for heartburn as well.

Oatmeal is ready and I need to scoot. Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Happy Manic Monday! It was definitely a manic one. Not only was work was crazy but took dog to vet because he just started limping thought it could be a sprain but it was a break so the poor thing is in a cast for at least a month. Needless to say that I had not stuck to my diet any all today worried about him. But he is doing fine now resting. My fiancé and I built a ramp for him which he is scared of so...hoping he will warm up to it in a little bit. Add this onto everything else going on has made it quite stressful. Phew. Need a vacation.

Yikes - I am sorry to hear about your dog. What kind? I feel for you if you have to limit his activity and if you have to keep that cast dry. I have been dealing with stitches for two weeks now on lower leg. When it was snowy and then rainy we had to put bread bag and a sock on it every time she wanted to go out!
    Good luck! I hope it heals fast.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn will Maggie have a birthday party?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    My baby is one today! tm36g90ckxaq.jpg

So beautiful! Happy Birthday pretty pup!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Happy Barkday Maggie!

She reminds me of my Callahan!
  • marsellilove
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    @marsellilove Yep, I will confess to some fantasy as well - Jim Butcher's Dresden file series and the Mercy Thompson series are probably my favorites. We used to own a baseball card shop. Comics were the natural extension and that was my thing.

I almost blew through Mercy Thompson, it has a great audio book! I’ve loved them so much I don’t want to finish off what Patrica Briggs has out too fast ahaha I need to make a gif of that M*A*S*H scene where BJ tells Hawkeye “I’m not reading I’m savoring” because I think about it when ever some asks me why I haven’t finished a series 🤣

James Marsters does the reading for the Dresden Files but I haven’t listened past Fool Moon yet but every one says the first few books are kinda slow and they get real good.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I want to hug Maggie!! I hope she has a great birthday.