Lana

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Welcome Katie~~

Stop by as often as you can!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    5500 steps already and my aim is between 5500 and 6k for now.

Covid being and inconvenient as it is, I could not get an oil change tomorrow and have to wait until 08.08 so as not to use any more time off.

Two dr apt tomorrow first one will be tough with my pcp (why am I so fat? etc) and eye test I have some hope for.

Watching the Great British Bake off on PBS - does make me hungry but I do learn a lot.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lynn-I truly wish the same, I hate the idea of taking them from the comfort of their home. So many, we have to carry into the clinic...seems so unfair..I was actually thinking of a “take home” drug, just today. These times truly weigh on me. Some Vets will make house calls in certain situations. Ours do..only for long time clients. Definitely wish there was a better alternative
  • arniedog74
    Missy-great to see you! Hope you are doing good
  • arniedog74
    Just a quick FYI...Scentsy has a lot of products leaving this Friday to make room for the new Catalog products, coming August 1st...also, the Harvest Collection is coming September 1st...this includes our new Nightmare Before Christmas Collection...feel free to check out my site, if you’d like and, I’ll be happy to help with anything..

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/12598452/Jo’s First Glance

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    There is a local service, cant think of the name right now, where they come to your home, help you do a special day for your pet, do the euthanasia with all family around, take care of the cremation, and return the cremains and any other thing you requested like paw print, snip of hair, etc. Friends of ours used it for their elderly dog. They said it was the greatest thing ever. It was like sending their furbaby off in style with a day of love and no stress. I would think there would be a market for this type of service all over the country.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Well here I am in confession mode......... had a take out pizza last night. I had a really crap down day, been struggling with emotions all week. So I thought I'd have what I wanted and see........ today I feel fine, in fact better than fine, I feel like the old me :)

So....... was I lacking carbs? Or just back because I ate old style?

Hmmmmmm
  • LanaCabana537
    a3ejlmii087n.jpeg
    ***THURSDAY July 30th***

Good morning Sara in UK~~
    Pizza 😋 You were probably lacking some serotonin that came with the pizza and the general comfort and happiness that seems to always come with pizza. I understand about the emotions.

Waving to everyone else who stops by later on~~

BBL

Lana

259.4 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Okey Dokey, folks!

Here we go. A new month starts Saturday, but I'm not waiting until then. Everything hurts--Joints, head, muscles, eyes, brain, stomach. Swelling in my abdomen and my feet/legs is worse than it has been in many years. I have four months to lose 30 lbs. I have been under 200 lbs on New Year's Day for the past two years and I am making it a goal to get there again for 2021.

I began this morning to try to cut the carbs as much as possible and begin logging again. Breakfast consisted of salami with sour cream. Lunch will be a (pre-packaged) chicken bacon caesar salad. Tonight is a mystery meal at the Lodge. Men cook on the fifth Thursday of the month. My Significant Other is not doing the cooking for a change and the person who is wouldn't tell anyone what he is making. All he would say is it is a concoction and everyone will love it. I will make a judgement once I see what it is. I may just pay and not eat.

So here's today's stats:

CW 225.2
    GW 195 by January 1

We will leave it at that for now.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,

First apt at 8:45 will leave shortly - 2nd apt at 200 - while napping is an option may do some bin filling with Christmas stuff as it is the easiest.

Both apt are medical and I get to stand on the scale again. It is what it is.

Glass of water instead of munching or walking more got 5700 steps yesterday. It all adds up.

Tracy good for starting again - better than not.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Hey there Tracy - Good for you for getting back on track - it helps me too!
    Please let us know what the Mystery Meal was at the Lodge. I'm going to guess at a melange of ground beef, tomatoes, corn, and some sort of pasta, all mixed together.

Sara - as I type this, you are likely arriving at your 2PM appointment. Let us know how both of them went, skipping the part about the scale. 😉

I went shopping-shopping today to try to find a gift. I went to the nearby mall, stopping in Macy's first. I looked and looked, but this Macy's did NOT have a department with fine china and crystal and silverware and gifts suitable for weddings and anniversaries....you know what I mean?

At first I was flabbergasted, and as I walked around more of the store, it looked as if it were going out of business. There was very little of anything in housewares; everything was odds and ends. I felt sad, seeing first hand that department stores are a dying breed. Everyone shops online. The only department that looked healthy was the shoe department. I guess a lot of people still want/need to try shoes on.....

I should go clean the pool. It is a mess from yesterday's thunderstorms. Another bigger mess is on its way next week with the hurricane.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    There is a local service, cant think of the name right now, where they come to your home, help you do a special day for your pet, do the euthanasia with all family around, take care of the cremation, and return the cremains and any other thing you requested like paw print, snip of hair, etc. Friends of ours used it for their elderly dog. They said it was the greatest thing ever. It was like sending their furbaby off in style with a day of love and no stress. I would think there would be a market for this type of service all over the country.

That would be wonderful

• arniedog74
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    <3 yes that is pure happiness

Missy!!!!!
    How are you????

Lana
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Missy-great to see you! Hope you are doing good

Hi!!!! How are you??? I’m doing great! Been busy-repainted all my kitchen and bathroom cabinets white, and working 7 days a week and spending time with the furkids. I just put the kitchen back together Monday. I’m finally getting a chance to relax.

How is everyone else doing?

Here’s some pictures:

Dang...can’t get pics to load...so great to see you

• arniedog74
    Lana-we went to Wal Mart for the first time in, probably at least 2 months....it looked the same in many areas...maybe, the season changeover has something to do with it...I was just blown away by the lack of products...

Sara- hope appts went well...

Tracy-good for you, knowing what you want and starting again...you got this!
  • arniedog74
    I think, DD may be giving up...DM said, he isn’t getting up. Not even to use restroom. DM bought him a commode...therapist told him, he needs to get up and move to help get fluid off...he won’t...DM threatened to put him in a home, if he gets a bed sore...he said, “ok” but, won’t get up. They started him on another water pill. Hoping that helps with fluid. If he would get up, move and get some fluids off, I think he might start feeling a little better... but, how do we get him to want to move? I’m just at a loss.

I may be going up next weekend for my nieces drive thru bridal shower...not sure if I will stay...feel like this damn virus is controlling more of my life than I care for...it may be ok...just don’t like the worry...

• arniedog74
    I keep having pain in my legs, as if I'm getting a Charlie horse... cramps in my feet, every day. DH says i'm dehydrated... maybe...I think, the arch support in my shoes is already wearing down and may be the issue...I noticed, this last week, my arches are a little more achy and feet bugging me a bit... was hoping, these shoes would last a long time... only had them since March/ April... they have been the best shoe investment in a long time... darn my feet
  • LanaCabana537
    4661fciz9jvv.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY July 31st ***

Wow, it is Friday and it is the last day of July 😳

Dawn - How old is DD? He seems to be suffering from depression on top of his physical problems. Our bodies and minds are more closely linked than we think.
    DH is right: pain and cramping in your legs can be from dehydration and your body not absorbing potassium properly. Drink lots more water and eat a banana every day for a while and see if you get relief. Most foods have potassium, but bananas have something in them that helps our bodies use the potassium.
    Your shoes are probably fine. 👍🏻🤗

*intermission to look at Missy's photos*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Missy - that was one heck of a job you did with your kitchen and bathroom re-painting. It is no small thing to deal with all the masking and the hardware and the hinges, etc. etc.
    Did you remove the doors or do them in place?
    Everything looks very nice - I bet the white really brightens it all up. Well done!
    I'm sorry that you are working 7 days a week; take care of yourself!

Lana