WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Lanette All my windows open also but starting to see my sleeping temp of 66 rising. I will turn on AC when it hits 68. 103 predicted high for here today.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: You have been busy! I am impressed by all the things you’ve accomplished. :star:

Pip: It looks like you’re nearing departure. I hope you have a wonderful new adventure. :flowerforyou:

Allie: We’ve never let our dogs sleep in our bed. Our dog does sleep in our bedroom, in his own bed. Long years ago, I had a kitty that slept in the bed. She was an amazing cat and I still miss her, 50+ years later. :heart:

Lisa: I don’t take a fiber supplement. I enjoy some relatively high fiber foods. I love medium grained brown rice, celery, green beans, and salads made with romaine lettuce. Once in a while I have the treat of corn on the cob. I love broccoli, but DH can’t digest it so I don’t get it very often. I’m not an oatmeal fan, either. I use it as an ingredient when I make meat loaf, though. :flowerforyou:

Deliafayefox: I love the rainbow photo. Gorgeous! :wink:

Machka: We do many things the way you do. I wash my clothes and DH washes his. We have a dishwasher and I’m the one who usually loads it and then puts the dishes away. DH pays the bills. Thank Goodness!!!!! :star: We had a cleaning lady come in every other week, but no longer. She refused to wear a mask even though I offered to buy her one. Because she declined to wear a mask she is NOT working for us anymore. DH has medical challenges and getting the virus would be life threatening. Which means I’m the cleaner now. :ohwell:

Karen in VA: The plant is gorgeous. Is ii a coleus? :huh:

Lanette: It is 67F right now and the forecast is 96F by the late afternoon. We usually have an afternoon breeze this time of year and sit on the deck to enjoy it. :star:

Today while we are running errands, we’re stopping by the Vet’s office so he can see the lesion on Schooner’s back end. It is likely cancerous, and the question is when to have it surgically removed. Schooner is an old dog and surgery has a level of risk.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    edited July 2020
    Options
    uetjh9arkexv.jpg

Bookmarked by Gorge Girl Faye
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    dlfk, if I had 300 calories left at the end of the day, I’d look for a full fat low sugar yogurt, ice cream, turkey and cheese rolled up together, a couple of scrambled eggs w cheese and/or some salsa - Heck, 300 calories is a lot to play with. Some bean soup or cottage cheese, Keep it higher in protein, lower in carbs, no more than 10g sugar if you can help it.

thank you for all the suggestions-
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I went to bed early slept well for a couple hrs then awake for 2-3 hrs then back asleepand tossed and turned the rest of the night...
    Alfie has taken over my side of the bed lol ,got up to pee and come back and he is all snuggled under the covers.. oh well what can ya do...
    Will get in the shower and then go get Homer for the day,put some laundry in before i go.
    Doing another overnight thursday

I have trouble sleeping all the time- I used to use Melatonin but didn't like feeling groggy the next morning.
    Started using this: works faster and doesn't leave me so tired/groggy in the morning.

https://smile.amazon.com/Hylands-Phosphates-Exhaustion-Irritability-Sleeplessness/dp/B0001TMHLK/ref=sr_1_102?dchild=1&keywords=hylands+stress/sleep&qid=1595864169&sr=8-102

They are tiny quick dissolve, no water needed. I keep them on my night stand.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    It is the end of the day- you still have about 300 cal to use. What would you eat/drink???
    I am at 728 now and just finished dinner.

I would drink water and call it a day.

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,880 Member
    Options
    Started back to logging everything. Adding walking back in since temps are more tolerable, and I found a fasting app that I’m trying out. Starting with 14/10 and will see from there.

Working on making 3 more chili pepper banners for rangers here. Almost done. DH drew me an alien pattern and want a flag if that. I’ll post Pic of finished product when I do it.

RV Rita
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump uTube video. The plan for tomorrow is to do some Dressed Up Drills

Debbie
    – those masks look really nice. You did a great job! I got my masks from this lady who made them as a fundraiser for the soup kitchen that I volunteer at

Mcrait – welcome. No, this isn’t a closed group

Masks are required almost everywhere here too. Even if they aren’t required, out of habit I put one on. But I must admit, the second I leave the store, off comes the mask.

SueBDew
    is the only person I know of who has CV

Dflk – oh, those blackberrires look so so good. I especially like that they’re thornless

Barbara and Sharon
    – so sorry about the accidents

Saw a lady at the gym today and I know she usually goes to the Y which is why I was surprised to see her here. She said that the Y still isn’t open, but they do have classes outside. Sounds like they’re about the only gym that isn’t open, not sure why

Here’s hoping is OK. Anyone know what part of TX she’s in?

Lisa – Metamusil never upset my stomach

M – I’m with you, a place for everything. I TRY to throw out something so that I have room for it. Like I gave away my pressure cooker when I got an IP. Just don’t always do that with clothing, tho. I usually do exercise DVD’s. As you can see, I do have one or two exercise DVD’s

As far as cleaning house: I usually decide to do one thing (like wash the floor). Sometimes that causes me to do something more, but I don’t plan on that happening. If it does…wonderful

Bananas
    – interesting (touching the earth)

Off to the pool now (after going to the bathroom)

Michele NC

k0z3o88arosm.jpg

Thanks for the comment on the masks- I have been having fun making them- I did have a few days where I had wished I hadn't promised to have orders ready so quickly-had to stay up late, get up very early to do it but I did.
    I am hoping to get some more Disney fabric/sheets tomorrow- The Frozen ones turned out really cute.

I LOVE blackberries- have picked the wild ones all through my childhood so when dad started the thornless ones we were all thrilled. I love spending time picking with him. Have to work close by if we are going to talk as his hearing isn't very good, even with his hearing aids in.

This picture is when my son was a lot younger(he is now 22yrs old) That is only a small part of their garden- everything is in 100ft rows in the front and in the back.
    We have always had a huge garden(plus raised all of our own meat)- it was to feed the family/extended family etc. Then they sold at farmer's market until the fees got too high, then sold to up to 8 local restaurants but have cut back to two and now that the virus has hit, they are buying less- they are trying to sell more off the property this summer.

9ae4qawjo1d9.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Gold Beach, H2O to soup kitchen,
    Bonus: fellowship
    Get to do: BB&B, report accident, call Surgery consultant and ask for emailed instrcutions, how long it will take and can I be there, quick vac house, email SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday postpone Joe’s primary care followup to after eye sugery, firehall apologize to Aaron, make colelslaw.

Note to self: When you step out of bed into a puddle of pee, wash your foot and go back to bed. It’s a sign.

Jumpback July
    27: Write down 3 things you’re grateful for today, even if it was hard. Pastor’s wife’s ear, Joe’s calm response to the fender bender, another day of life.

Rebecca could we have been at the Novato RenFaire at the same time? I visited frequently in the mid 70’s - 80’s. Your “science experiment” sounds yummy. Would love to see a pic of your son’s lit up Asian Lego city.
    Katla and Evelyn VERY belated VERY VERY happy birthday wishes to you both dear gals.
    Pip belated conVERYgratulations on retiring! Glad you got such gorgeous Rainer views on your victory lap. Sorry to hear about your phone. Wishing you every happiness in your new home and adventures. Salud!
    Kay ((hugs)) held extra long. Too many sudden losses too close together. :brokenheart:
    Lisa “enchilasagna” Brilliant!
    Sue in WA 4 stitches, ow! Holding good thoughts for the results of your mole”ectomy”.
    Michele your dishwasher confession made me smile!
    Tracey what beautiful pics, so glad your trip went so well.
    Heather Halelujah for your sharing Faye’s info with Johnny, and for his taking it “sitting down” 
    KJ thanks for your sons’ starry pics. Especially welcome as I missed the comet. Hope the “dizzy flu” is gone for good.
    Viv :cry: ((hugs)) :brokenheart:
    Barbie glad to hear you’re doing what you must to heal, no matter how hard it is for you to scale back your activities.
    Sharon sorry to hear of your Costco parking accident. I had a fender bender today too and am still shaken.
    Belated welcome @tripsmom3! Our Better Bones and Balance coach recommended resistance bands and they really help build strength, IF you use them. With the wide band above our knees we did sit to stands and all kinds of weird sideways or crescent walking. Really made the “bacon sizzle”. We used the narrow bands for presses, pushes, rows and (with a dowel) hip hinges. I sure miss that class!
    Belated welcome @josephinebowman Gwendolyn from VA

Ants: when they appear, we “puff” food grade diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of the house and in any cracks between the deck and the outer walls. Wear a mask as you don’t want to inhale the dust when it’s clouding. Dogs don’t lick it nor do we put it out thick or wide enough from them to get on their paws, just a thin line at the base of the house does it.

“only” 16+ pages to go ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=2236 so far, time to get up and march! vits=22.5 log=25 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=17 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=14 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=9 rx=3 dance=7
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9.75 play= sew=

I loved the Novato Renn faire! Our first faire was the Glen Helen Regional faire in San Bernardino county. Our first faire visit was summer 1988.
    This was Long Beach Renn Faire August 1989
    syyqglixtoee.jpg
    Our first Novato faire and we got into the local paper.
    9hs1hbds4go8.jpg
    Our nobility friends Peter on left and Brenda on right in blue.
    spyvtac80odu.jpg
    Ok memory lane is fun but my tome of a Renn book is long and I don't want to bore ya!
    💖Rebecca

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry for the slanted pic!😁
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    It is the end of the day- you still have about 300 cal to use. What would you eat/drink???

Tina in CA

Tina- I have done that too often- think I am keeping my calories too low most days- do not go over 1000 , even when I have extra to use after exercising.
    Trying to find a happy balance where I start loosing again. Staying at 1000 for the past year+ and haven't lost any weight since Jan.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Gold Beach, H2O to soup kitchen,
    Bonus: fellowship
    Get to do: BB&B, report accident, call Surgery consultant and ask for emailed instrcutions, how long it will take and can I be there, quick vac house, email SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday postpone Joe’s primary care followup to after eye sugery, firehall apologize to Aaron, make colelslaw.

Note to self: When you step out of bed into a puddle of pee, wash your foot and go back to bed. It’s a sign.

Jumpback July
    27: Write down 3 things you’re grateful for today, even if it was hard. Pastor’s wife’s ear, Joe’s calm response to the fender bender, another day of life.

Rebecca could we have been at the Novato RenFaire at the same time? I visited frequently in the mid 70’s - 80’s. Your “science experiment” sounds yummy. Would love to see a pic of your son’s lit up Asian Lego city.
    Katla and Evelyn VERY belated VERY VERY happy birthday wishes to you both dear gals.
    Pip belated conVERYgratulations on retiring! Glad you got such gorgeous Rainer views on your victory lap. Sorry to hear about your phone. Wishing you every happiness in your new home and adventures. Salud!
    Kay ((hugs)) held extra long. Too many sudden losses too close together. :brokenheart:
    Lisa “enchilasagna” Brilliant!
    Sue in WA 4 stitches, ow! Holding good thoughts for the results of your mole”ectomy”.
    Michele your dishwasher confession made me smile!
    Tracey what beautiful pics, so glad your trip went so well.
    Heather Halelujah for your sharing Faye’s info with Johnny, and for his taking it “sitting down” 
    KJ thanks for your sons’ starry pics. Especially welcome as I missed the comet. Hope the “dizzy flu” is gone for good.
    Viv :cry: ((hugs)) :brokenheart:
    Barbie glad to hear you’re doing what you must to heal, no matter how hard it is for you to scale back your activities.
    Sharon sorry to hear of your Costco parking accident. I had a fender bender today too and am still shaken.
    Belated welcome @tripsmom3! Our Better Bones and Balance coach recommended resistance bands and they really help build strength, IF you use them. With the wide band above our knees we did sit to stands and all kinds of weird sideways or crescent walking. Really made the “bacon sizzle”. We used the narrow bands for presses, pushes, rows and (with a dowel) hip hinges. I sure miss that class!
    Belated welcome @josephinebowman Gwendolyn from VA

Ants: when they appear, we “puff” food grade diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of the house and in any cracks between the deck and the outer walls. Wear a mask as you don’t want to inhale the dust when it’s clouding. Dogs don’t lick it nor do we put it out thick or wide enough from them to get on their paws, just a thin line at the base of the house does it.

“only” 16+ pages to go ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=2236 so far, time to get up and march! vits=22.5 log=25 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=17 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=14 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=9 rx=3 dance=7
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9.75 play= sew=

I loved the Novato Renn faire! Our first faire was the Glen Helen Regional faire in San Bernardino county. Our first faire visit was summer 1988.
    This was Long Beach Renn Faire August 1989
    syyqglixtoee.jpg
    Our first Novato faire and we got into the local paper.
    9hs1hbds4go8.jpg
    Our nobility friends Peter on left and Brenda on right in blue.
    spyvtac80odu.jpg
    Ok memory lane is fun but my tome of a Renn book is long and I don't want to bore ya!
    💖Rebecca

We lived in Novato(on the base) but never went to the faire- Love the pictures
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Tina in CA

Tina- I have done that too often- think I am keeping my calories too low most days- do not go over 1000 , even when I have extra to use after exercising.
    Trying to find a happy balance where I start loosing again. Staying at 1000 for the past year+ and haven't lost any weight since Jan.

We are all different. I'm mostly at maintenance and want to keep it off. So if I have a day where I am significantly below allocation and am not hungry, I don't eat more just to hit my allocation. I call that a semi-fasting day. I sleep better on an empty stomach, so I would not push my limits.

When I was trying harder than I am now to build muscle, I would have used those 300 calories for a high protein snack such as cottage cheese, yogurt, or scrambled egg whites.

Good luck.

Tina
  • Faetta
    Options
    On day 4 of re-committing myself to making better choices. Its so wonderful to wake up fasted, feeling strong, less bloated, and leaner! Not sure what feast I am making today. Last night I came up with a couple, but more toward noon I shall forage! The hunter, gatherer approach.😁
    💖Rebecca

Good for You!!! You go, girl! I found eating 5 small balanced meals a day is the best for weight control. Waiting for my ride out further east to pickup world-famous Hermiston melons. Yea!!! I may not sleep tonight as have no self-control eating a vine-ripened melon if they are sweet. Great diuretic. Reports are they are great this year. Stay dedicated to your program.

• Faetta
    Options
    Katla Thanks! That is one of my favorite gorge photos also and was shot with an early digital camera through the front window of my friends car going 70 MPH. I was surprised it came out. I have lost so many great photos.