If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    899thi53vn2s.jpg

A very large plate of bacon.

Mmmm🤤
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    899thi53vn2s.jpg

A very large plate of bacon.

Add some lettuce, tomato, mayo and bread for me. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    7qqhn4viakjs.png
    Doughnut Time - Biscella (Biscoff and Nutella mix)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    fv2eev7649dy.jpg
    latjwgj9s8kv.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    uj7u616t6tu7.jpg
    wtblmg2vpz50.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    fv2eev7649dy.jpg

Oh yes. Boiled peanuts! I need to get someone to send me a bushel bag of green peanuts so I can make some. I have a cooker and a 15 gallon kettle ready to go!

evr0uox0cxjk.png
  • Roadie35
    Roadie35 Posts: 132 Member
    Pizza and peanut butter sandwiches
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    2c20rtsqztlf.png
  • mtaratoot
    yx6z3f0xnb2d.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    345pad691ubc.jpg
    xevetoo4814r.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @VegjoyP
    I swear you and I are twins. Your last pictures made my mouth water but then, most of your pictures do. :)
  • snaileatsplants
    snaileatsplants Posts: 20 Member
    It's not so much about calories but about a very specific eating plan to fight insulin resistance. If I were allowed to have it on this plan, I would love a nice hearty pan crust vegan pizza with oily sun dried tomatoes and artichokes on it, drizzled in garlic flavored olive oil.

Also, I would eat tofu every day in massive amounts.

I would order falafel and get all of the fancy sauces.

I would eat a veggie pita filled with deep fried seitan strips.

I would eat Pho Chay with fried tofu and extra rice noodles.

But I can't have oil, and I can't have the good kind of pizza crust, so I have to make my pizza with an oat based crust, no added oil, topped with plain roasted veggies. It's not quite as nice, but it's okay.

Tofu is too high in naturally occurring oil, so I can only eat a little at a time, and not every day.

Falafel and the seitan strips are fried and the best sauces are made with oil.

I don't get to eat rice noodles or fried tofu.

Also, I would like to get to eat real hummus with tahini instead of the special kind I have to make that is just mashed seasoned chickpeas, and I'd like to eat it on a fluffy Italian baguette dipped in truffle oil instead of eating it on homemade oil-free oat flatbread.

But these subtle substitutions for my favorites are supposed to keep me from becoming diabetic, so I guess it's worth it. I'm getting used to it. At least most of what I like has some kind of replacement that isn't off limits.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's not so much about calories but about a very specific eating plan to fight insulin resistance. If I were allowed to have it on this plan, I would love a nice hearty pan crust vegan pizza with oily sun dried tomatoes and artichokes on it, drizzled in garlic flavored olive oil.

Also, I would eat tofu every day in massive amounts.

I would order falafel and get all of the fancy sauces.

I would eat a veggie pita filled with deep fried seitan strips.

I would eat Pho Chay with fried tofu and extra rice noodles.

But I can't have oil, and I can't have the good kind of pizza crust, so I have to make my pizza with an oat based crust, no added oil, topped with plain roasted veggies. It's not quite as nice, but it's okay.

Tofu is too high in naturally occurring oil, so I can only eat a little at a time, and not every day.

Falafel and the seitan strips are fried and the best sauces are made with oil.

I don't get to eat rice noodles or fried tofu.

Also, I would like to get to eat real hummus with tahini instead of the special kind I have to make that is just mashed seasoned chickpeas, and I'd like to eat it on a fluffy Italian baguette dipped in truffle oil instead of eating it on homemade oil-free oat flatbread.

But these subtle substitutions for my favorites are supposed to keep me from becoming diabetic, so I guess it's worth it. I'm getting used to it. At least most of what I like has some kind of replacement that isn't off limits.

Hi Snail - I am curious, I thought consuming oil helps to modify insulin resistance. I understand some oils (soybean, corn, cottonseed, rapeseed, etc., ) are not good for anyone really and 'frying'/cooking part isn't good for sure. So, I understand you wanting to stay away from prepared items using them. I can appreciate you wanting to not consume white bread/crust too(floured products). But, couldn't you prepare your own dishes you listed, but with oils/sauces (olive oil/coconut oil you can consume? Along with modifying the foods you use them with? (sprouted breads/no flour breads) Plus, I thought tofu/legumes might be 'good' items for a diabetic? I too thought tahini/hummus would be a good choice for you?
    Sorry - I don't know too much about diabetes - insulin resistance. Forgive my ignorance, but your post got me wondering all these things!🤔🤣
  • pancakerunner
    345pad691ubc.jpg
    xevetoo4814r.jpg

I never really crave donuts, but all of a sudden I really want a jelly filled sugar donut :(
  • pancakerunner
    kvcepc89uarz.jpg
    9eku6vq5ls17.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    345pad691ubc.jpg
    xevetoo4814r.jpg

I, unfortunately, will never say no to a donut but Ms Front and Center there is the only kind I seek out on my own.

Probably why I like the Little Debbies and Mrs Freshley's less calorie donut sticks.
  • mtaratoot
    In addition to some hunks of meat,

801tdp9hy9v3.jpg

I marinated and smoked some tempeh yesterday. It's really good, and if it didn't have calories, I'd make a few pounds and have me a feast.

zd3fklpdm6c9.jpg
    to4d9r6dccbc.jpg

The cucumbers have almost no calories, so I can feast on those as much as I like. Sliced and sprinkled with salt and vinegar then chilled an hour or so. Still delicious even though it's almost no calories.

1lw218dt223k.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    In addition to some hunks of meat,

801tdp9hy9v3.jpg

I marinated and smoked some tempeh yesterday. It's really good, and if it didn't have calories, I'd make a few pounds and have me a feast.

zd3fklpdm6c9.jpg
    to4d9r6dccbc.jpg

The cucumbers have almost no calories, so I can feast on those as much as I like. Sliced and sprinkled with salt and vinegar then chilled an hour or so. Still delicious even though it's almost no calories.

1lw218dt223k.jpg

I love Tempeh!!! Yummmm!