If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    1injc3mssgiq.png

So my birthday is August 5. Can you send that in vegan version before then? 😂
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    kvcepc89uarz.jpg
    9eku6vq5ls17.jpg

Funny, I never crave doughnuts either.... random!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I also never crave doughnuts, which is surprising given how much I love bread, cake and pizza and well, generally anything a bakery might produce!

I've never tried tempeh. Is it something I should be craving? Am I missing out?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,126 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    In addition to some hunks of meat,
    <snip>
    I marinated and smoked some tempeh yesterday. It's really good, and if it didn't have calories, I'd make a few pounds and have me a feast.

zd3fklpdm6c9.jpg
    to4d9r6dccbc.jpg

I love Tempeh!!! Yummmm!

I thought it would turn out ok, and I underestimated. It was really good. I will make it again. I think I left it on the smoke 90 to 120 minutes. I had only planned about an hour, but it was pretty cool in there. Next time I will steam it first before I marinade it. I think it will make it moister, and I think it will get it to soak up the lemony, sesame, garlicky, and spicy marinade.

I've never tried tempeh. Is it something I should be craving? Am I missing out?

Missing out? Maybe. I like it. Some people might not. On its own, it can be bland. Some people don't like beets; I love them, too. It's a fermented soy product. The fermentation allegedly eliminates phytoestrogens that are found in soy products like tofu and soy milk. The beans are briefly cooked and then inoculated with a culture of a Rhizopus fungus. The fermentation makes the tempeh form a cake that holds together, and it makes the soybeans more digestable. It's a good plant source of protein. It takes on other flavors. In the winter, I cube it, marinate it briefly, and roast it in a convection oven when I roast vegetables. You can also stir fry it, and a popular dish I see at some local restaurants is a spicy version stir fried with vegetables and goes under various names. Look up "Sesame tempeh" for recipe ideas.

I am fortunate that a major manufacturer of soy foods is about an hour from where I live. They make tofu and tempeh. Sometimes I buy their multi-grain tempeh that also has brown rice and millet in addition to soy. They also make an "Italiano" version that is the multigrain version with added herbs and spices and is more "ready to eat" or "ready to cook."
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    dvn0ciswemcs.jpg
    u9oifa5i5ayy.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    dvn0ciswemcs.jpg
    u9oifa5i5ayy.jpg

mmmmmm that melted butter
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    cookie butter
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ugvzex9fpicc.png
    29oy0qe52zt0.png
    Actually not craving these right now...but 😮 Thinking one of these would be a little too crazy...even for me🤣
  • riverad6
    riverad6 Posts: 4 Member
    jvphez33m33z.jpeg

An entire jar of nutella, with a spoon
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ugvzex9fpicc.png
    29oy0qe52zt0.png
    Actually not craving these right now...but 😮 Thinking one of these would be a little too crazy...even for me🤣

I agree. Even with my enormous sweet tooth, I think I'd have to pass. :) BUT a simple slice of carrot cake heavy on the cream cheese frosting would make me happy for breakfast right now. :)
  • pancakerunner
    dvn0ciswemcs.jpg
    u9oifa5i5ayy.jpg

mmmmmm that melted butter

perfect... with a drizzle of honey :)
  • pancakerunner
    24wkwdnv8rlv.png
  • pancakerunner
    g6imi6tdg098.png
    ut1f6xlby1gc.png
    2revnse5xd2w.png
    ijuikthhvfbp.png
    xq2qyr2087sv.png
    9763ruwaymrc.png

Art of Pizza - Chicago
  • pancakerunner
    ejmctqd6n64n.png
    t6yd553so4jk.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    g6imi6tdg098.png
    ut1f6xlby1gc.png
    2revnse5xd2w.png
    ijuikthhvfbp.png
    xq2qyr2087sv.png
    9763ruwaymrc.png

Art of Pizza - Chicago

Who wants to meet up in Chicago for a bite each of those calorie bombs??? :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    ejmctqd6n64n.png
    t6yd553so4jk.png

Oh no now you started the craving again...Here comes the daily cup pepperoni pizza posts from me again 😂

Lol joking I’ll refrain
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    ejmctqd6n64n.png
    t6yd553so4jk.png

Oh no now you started the craving again...Here comes the daily cup pepperoni pizza posts from me again 😂

Lol joking I’ll refrain

Really, all those pics have told me is I need to eat more melty cheese.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    g92musi2zmc7.jpg

This has been my nemesis. Its so so so good and I could eat the entire jar easily. So umami
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I want to eat all of the pizza. I'm not even eating meat at the moment, but I'll eat the pepperoni if it means I get all of the melty cheese. I feel that rationally the cheese and grease should gross me out, but emotionally, it talks to my soul. I love, love pizza.