Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I had eggs and feta for breakfast and was totally prepared to go vegetarian the rest of the day, but remembered I had a fresh piece of salmon in the fridge and there was no way I was letting it go to waste. So I had fish today, too. I am trying to be as purist and diesel as I can about this challenge since I already eat pretty clean. My overall personal challenge is to stay paleo/primal for the month. Let's take a vote....is salmon meat in regards to today's challenge? If so, I'm a 2 for today.

9/5 (Not sure if I completed daily challenge in a pure sense), weekly, and monthly challenges completed
    Hmmm....good question. I guess its relative to you and your normal eating habits. Do you always have a fish, poultry of beef every day?
    Of course my vote is to enjoy it!
  • OSUalum
    Options
    9/5 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges (Whew! And on a holiday! Pretty darn proud of myself!)
    9/6
    9/7
    9/8
    9/9
    9/10
    9/11
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/2 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/3 – daily not meet...weekly and monthly meet
    9/4 – daily not meet..weekly not meet,.,monthly meet
    9/5 – COMPLETED daily, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    FROM TANK GIRL---

I had eggs and feta for breakfast and was totally prepared to go vegetarian the rest of the day, but remembered I had a fresh piece of salmon in the fridge and there was no way I was letting it go to waste. So I had fish today, too. I am trying to be as purist and diesel as I can about this challenge since I already eat pretty clean. My overall personal challenge is to stay paleo/primal for the month. Let's take a vote....is salmon meat in regards to today's challenge? If so, I'm a 2 for today.

9/5 (Not sure if I completed daily challenge in a pure sense), weekly, and monthly challenges completed

whatever is relative to your norm...i eat fish regularly...i will not today. if you eat steak, chicken, hamburger, turkey regularly, maybe it is good that you "changed" to fish only. don't let a good expensive piece of salmon go to waste! even for this! of course you could always freeze or eat the next day, as for whether it counts or not, you be the judge since many people believe fish is a "clean animal" meat. even in the bible in the old testament, it was allowed but the "hooved" animals were not allowed when God told Moses in the mass exodus. But if you are not religious, you could also still consider fish a clean protein meat since it is easier to digest than dense steak protein for example. the protein structure is different. Also fish has better fat source (omega 3 in salmon and tuna)...so these are all things to pat yourself on the back for choosing this type of protein...this is just my opinion.

Everyone should think in terms of relativity in this challenge since we are all trying to CHALLENGE ourselves...do better for ourselves, do what we can, not what we cannot.
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/4 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 – Completed Daily, Weekly (barely) AND Monthly Challenges...WAHOOOOO!!!!
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    I saw RalphCurt at the Rib Cook-off TODAY!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I saw RalphCurt at the Rib Cook-off TODAY!

LOLING! hahahah

For those who find it hard to avoid the meat...VEGETABLE STEWS and veggie or bean chilli's are good replacements! Plus you get the protein you need from the beans! I'm gonna try that next time :)
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    ATTENTION - TEAM WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION
    What a team! We had 12 people on the team fully participate last week hich is awesome! And you are all really good about posting your progress on this board which makes my life so much easier! Thank you.

A few clarifying points from last weeks progress:

1 - I am tracking the individual and the team points by reviewing the posts and the spreadsheet. When there are discrepancies I am taking the better result.

2 - Our weeks got a bit screwed up because the month started on a Thursday but our weeks are Monday - Sunday. I will post the next weeks Daily and Monthly challenges on Saturday or Sunday at the latest!

3 - Our Team Roster is as follows:

OSUalum
    NCGatorFan
    HopeBuck
    Pam3
    BeilaLin
    TankGirl71
    Lisaab150
    Choirgirl37
    flipipino_wardog
    rwd5046
    Topsking2010
    xonashwaox
    RalphCurt (Captain)

If you are participating and your name is not listed above, please contact me ASAP. I will be removing all other names of people who signed up but have not been participating tomorrow.

4 - Please send me your weights as of yesterday so we can tally lost weight points. !!

5 - Congratulations to OSUalum, NCGatorFan, HopeBuck, BeilaLin, TankGirl71 and Topsking2010 - All of them had a perfect week last week! If you think you did but I missed it please let me know.

6 - For purposes of this team, for the purposes of this challenge there are a few definitions I would like to clarify:

a. "Meatless" simply means no eating anything that had a face. Thus fish is not allowed but eggs are fine.
    b. "Processed" foods simply means anything that has been altered from its natural state. If it was just handled by a mixer (like all natural yogurts) or wrapper, it is fine. But if is not as it was when it was ripe, it cannot be eaten on these days. And it is OK to trust the label. If it says "all natural" it is fine for this challenges purposes.

Please let me know if you have any questions! PM'ing me is best.

OK, GO WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION, we are doing really well!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    9/3 – daily not meet...weekly and monthly meet
    9/4 – daily not meet..weekly not meet,.,monthly meet
    9/5 – COMPLETED daily, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/6 –daily not meet, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/7 -
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WEEK TWO - FOOD CHALLENGE update for the last two days...I did put this on the spreadsheet though too...

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - Meatless Monday (100% veggie day) Did not meet this
    9/6 - No Gluten -- Met this today
    9/7 - 120 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 6 of the following challenges:

No alcohol -- Completed!!
    No fast food -- Completed!
    No refined sugar -- Completed!!
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day Completed!!
    Minimum 2 fruit per day Completed!!
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep Completed!!
    No gluten
    No dairy
    7 hours of sleep -- Completed!!! Can't function without it actually...

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan! YEP I did it!!
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 – Completed Daily, Weekly (barely) AND Monthly Challenges...WAHOOOOO!!!!
    9/6 – Did not complete daily..pretty sure i had gluten... weekly, I think so...except I REALLY want a pc of my husband's birthday cake and yes to monthly challenge. (so far anyway) :)
    9/7 -

I did it today... 9/6. Did NOT eat the cake, maybe licked it off my fingers, but did NOT eat it!!!
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/6 –Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/7 -

YAHOO!! Back home and back on track!!!

CURRENT WEIGHT: Still 147.0 UGH!!!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    ...our weeks are Monday - Sunday. ...

...Our Team Roster is as follows:

OSUalum
    NCGatorFan
    HopeBuck
    Pam3
    BeilaLin
    TankGirl71
    Lisaab150
    Choirgirl37
    flipipino_wardog
    rwd5046
    Topsking2010
    xonashwaox
    RalphCurt (Captain)

....5 - Congratulations to OSUalum, NCGatorFan, HopeBuck, BeilaLin, TankGirl71 and Topsking2010 - All of them had a perfect week last week! If you think you did but I missed it please let me know.

I UPDATED THE SPREADSHEET to match the clarifications above...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

Maylan is on the team, as she is putting her info on the spreadsheet.

The weeks start on Mondays, end on Sundays, so look at how this changed the last week's "total points" column. Sorry if this messed you up if you had a perfect week, with the exception of sunday. Last Sunday (9/4/11) is now a part of week 1.

Topsking2010 and TankGirl still made a PERFECT week 1 with every challenge completed! CONGRATS!

Hope all is okay with this challenge regardless of the changes. We can make every day count with 3 ways to earn points! Who cares if you messed up one day. The next day we can redeem ourselves to earn 3!!!

:) REMEMBER TO HIT THE "SAVE NOW" button or "FILE SAVE" or "Control+S" in the spreadsheet if your info doesn't record.
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    In need to go back to this format. For me, it is clearer.

WEEK TWO - FOOD CHALLENGE update for the last two days...I did put this on the spreadsheet though too...

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - Meatless Monday (100% veggie day) Did not meet this
    9/6 - No Gluten -- No. I was a gluten.
    9/7 - 120 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 5 of the following challenges:

No alcohol
    No fast food -- Completed!
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day Completed!!
    Minimum 2 fruit per day Completed!!
    Protein at every meal -Completed!!
    No eating 2 hours before sleep Completed!!
    No gluten
    No dairy
    7 hours of sleep

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan! YEP I did it!!

Stay tuned for photos of Kurt munching away at the burnoff!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    9/6 - No Gluten -- No. I was a gluten.

HAHAHA! Choirgirl! You are preaching to the choir! hahaha...i can be a "glutton for gluten" if it weren't for this challenge! lol
  • OSUalum
    Options
    9/5 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/6 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/7
    9/8
    9/9
    9/10
    9/11
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    9/5 Completed weekly, and monthly challenges (the bacon got me on daily!)
    9/6 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/7
    9/8
    9/9
    9/10
    9/11
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/6 –Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/7 -

Sorry I have not been an active posing member in the thread until now, I have been keeping track but have a hard time logging on the spreadsheet... and getting on MFP during the day when I am supposed to be working.....(like now)
    I will try harder to update daily! you guys are doing great!!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Meatless Monday was not my friend by the way.... :( but I did it!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    Holy Cow! 15 glasses of water!?

I'm gonna try, but i'm so tired for some reason. Woke up early, slept late. what a bad combo.