I'm too sexual looking...........accusation from a gym membe

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I totally would not be offended, unless you didn't occassionally turn around and bend over (I'm an *kitten* girl). I think she sucks.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I don't Care what you wear....BUT, in a profesional environment clothes must be worn not to offend anybody. You work at a business that is not yours. You do not have the right to wear offensive clothes. If you owned the business you have the right to refuse service.
  • snowintx
    snowintx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your reply made me laugh.
  • snowintx
    snowintx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your reply made me laugh.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    only made it though part of this thread. I'd ask to see the dress code policy of the gym so you know what is appropriate.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    want to read this - Bump
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm being sexually offended right now. You should take your top off, though.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't Care what you wear....BUT, in a profesional environment clothes must be worn not to offend anybody. You work at a business that is not yours. You do not have the right to wear offensive clothes. If you owned the business you have the right to refuse service.
    I'm offended by shirtless men and bare legs. I shall complain and make all of the people in the gym wear pants and shirts.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Fabulous double-post powers, activate.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a fire-shooting cod-piece, like Blackie Lawless of WASP used to wear.

Best idea yet!
    Definitely! A cod piece seems to be the only logical option here. Bonus points for a flame shooting one!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you don't get shorts over the top that have drawstrings? If you tie them up tight enough they won't slip as easily as non drawstring ones. Do them tight enough not to slip but not so tight they cut into you.

If you are covering your junk up with a shirt than there shouldn't be any issue except when you kick ect. I would say in all honestly she is just finding you attractive ect or has a issue with you in general or the gym and has taken it out on you by putting in this complaint. People are stupid and unless you get more complaints or you supervisor specifically tells you to I wouldn't bother changing.
    Not saying that I can't wear shorts over them. But during a high intensity workout, it gets uncomfortable wearing layers of clothing. With just the spandex, at least "air out" and not build up lots of heat around the area below my waist.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    remove the sparkely codpiece?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

True, but you cannot extrapolate a trend from a single complaint. The aim of a private business is to maximise profits and to do that you cater to what the most number of people want, not the least.

Maybe the majority don't actually mind (and hey some may actually prefer it...) In addition there maybe more complaints or dropouts if the intensity of the workout suffers because they instructor is forced to cover up.

A good business decision would look at the overall trend before formulating policy NOT retrograde, reactionary steps based on imperfect information.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This seems silly to me. When I've taken classes I'm more worried about my own jiggly bits moving around (earthquake alert) and not hurting myself to be studying what the instructor is wearing.

Sounds like you are the victim of someone elses neurosis, unfortunately. It's their problem and not yours, but you are performing a service for paying clients so it's a difficult one. But I do agree with the others, I would rather catch an outline in spandex than meet the meat and veg in person.

You can get shorts with an inner bit that holds you in and covers you up - which may mean you could dispense with the lower spandex all together. At least that way you won't be layering to such an extent.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Think it is amazing how the opinion of one or a small few change everything for everybody else.......
  • kimmie790
    Options
    Threaten them with wearing a man-kini!!! Borat style!!!
    That should shut them up!!!!!

Gotta love the fashion police!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I got a warning from my Group Fitness Supervisor today to be aware of my clothing at the gym. In my avatar, I'm wearing the same spandex that I was accused of being "too sexual looking" in when a complaint was put in the suggestion box! I wear them because if I just wore shorts, every time I kick (and I kick high) in kickboxing instruction, you'd see my "junk". At least this way I'm "contained". Through the grapevine, apparently it's from a very "religious and conservative" woman who attends my classes.

So your opinion: If I wore that to an instruction class, would you be offended?

BTW, I have no choice but to "cover up" more.

Easy fix. Explain that you're a devout muslim and you demand that woman cover herself completely.

If she's smart at all she'll get it.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Find a new gym
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    So got an email from my supe and she said that I am in compliance with dress code and that I can choose to cover up the spandex or not. Let's see if I get another complaint!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    They look like gym clothes to me. When I'm at the gym, I expect to see gym clothes. Now, if you showed up at a nice restaurant like that, I might be concerned.