Log all Food - >:)
    No Chips - :)
    Gratitude journal - >:)

JFT - Thursday July 30
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No Chips
    Gratitude journal

Yesterday was a funny day for me, I just wanted to snack all evening for some reason and I didn't stop myself. I don't really feel well this morning because of it.

@HEGoddard0928 - it's been hot here this week too. It finally started to cool off for a comfortable sleep about the time that my alarm went off.

@SERmom3 - Do you think you'll keep up the No Chips in August too? You've done so well with it!

@teigansdad - I love that you have on your list to buy your wife a birthday card. I am always frustrated and hurt that my husband doesn't get me one.

@pridesabtch - we'll both do better today!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited July 2020
    Recap W 7/29 ~ humidity in 90s when I woke & exhausted so skipped dog walk
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings :smiley: 10000 steps & 14/14 boom! on rest day = happy me
    2) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water :D net cal 5 & 12c water :)
    3) GA-IT progress / Facebook Live noon tech issues in conf room / prep electronics & papers for work from home rest of week = :) 2x
    4) Grocery shop :) glad masks now mandatory & I had short list / at least one chore :smiley: more than one
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set 6:00 alarm (walk dog) = :smiley: 4x

JFT R 7/30
    1) Walk dog :smiley: 4 miles on cool, lower humidity a.m. happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor) / 5 somethings
    2) Salad topped with leftover ribeye for supper / net cals green / 14c water
    3) GA-IT progress / Facebook Live recording / prep electronics & papers for work from home then reverse at end of day for work in office Monday / write to-do list for office / update project status s/s / email daily & weekly updates / back up work from home files
    4) Wish BFF happy bday on FB (card tomorrow) / reservation 5:15 GBBG for Rhythm Kings outdoor concert (1 beer) / at least one chore
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / no alarm vacation Friday but still walk dog in a.m.

Yesterday was a little weird working in our conference room down the hall. Like I was at work but not. One of my favorite co-workers joked it was the Solitary Confinement Room. Remembered to sanitize with wipes at start & finish. Glad I brought box from home to lug everything I needed (paper files, supplies, tissues, etc.) for my project from my desk to room and back, plus save electronics to flash drive for work from home. So many details to remember with this back and forth situation, just have to remain flexible. Many that I know are still on layoff or furlough & other depts. are struggling with limited resources. I'm grateful to still have my job. And tomorrow I am taking a mental health day.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @mytime6630 - Iโ€™m sorry life is so stressful right now. ๐Ÿ’•

Here are a few recipes that I make multiple times each month. All are pretty low calorie and pretty tasty. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Chicken Burrito Bowls
    https://tasty.co/recipe/weekday-meal-prep-chicken-burrito-bowls
    I simplify it and donโ€™t add the beans, cheese, lime or rice. Itโ€™s nice because itโ€™s one sheet pan and you can adapt the recipe easily to feed 2 people or feed a crowd. You can have it in a wrap, over rice or just by itself. So yummy! My neighbors always comment on the smells wafting from the house when I cook this one.

Gyro (with ground turkey)
    https://www.food.com/recipe/guilt-free-ground-turkey-gyros-483902
    My husband and kids love this one. I double the recipe and freeze half. The only thing I change is the AllSpice. I donโ€™t like that stuff.

Bean Soup with Kale
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/78023/bean-soup-with-kale/
    I add 3 sliced chicken sausages for something to chew on, only 200 calories per 12 oz. I eat this all the time. I make a big batch and freeze it in smaller containers and take one out a week.

I love new recipes if anyone else has some to share!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    ๐Ÿ’•

Here are a few recipes that I make multiple times each month. All are pretty low calorie and pretty tasty. ๐Ÿ˜‹

C !

THANK YOU!! I am going to try the burrito bowls!

I think this would be a fun thing to d -- share some recipes to spice things up in these weird times!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Have been on a mini vacation. Went to a friend's cottage on Crystal Lake ... had a wonderful time!! Hot sunny days which made being on the lake wonderful; and cool nights good for bonfires and sleeping!! I really needed this get away. I knew being in lockdown since early March was getting to me ... this was just the break I needed.

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---

Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- still need to do

Love our Farmer's Market!! Yesterday picked up cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches & creme corn on the cob YUM!!, huge head of cauliflower, 1 each fresh caught Lake Perch & Lake Trout, 6 duck eggs, yellow & green beans, and snow pea pods. I also picked up a bouquet of mixed flowers and a dozen glads in purple, yellow, and pink. They are lovely! The food stalls are easily 8 ft apart, everyone wears a mask and are very conscious of social distancing, and only the vendors are allowed to touch the produce. Each stall is set up with a hand sanitizer station for customers and vendors. And, the vendors use it between handling each order. We have a semi-pro ball team and after our flood, the Market changed it's location to the parking lot of the ball diamond which allows for the distancing of the food stalls. Because it's so large, it's also a great way to fit in some outside exercise ... even though it's more of a stroll.

Have a great evening Y'All!! ๐Ÿ‘‹
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: okonomiyaki. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: WHATEVER. 1 hr writing: letter to B. Set up extra credit letter project.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. RUN LINES. Type BS jobs. WRITE STORY.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z. OPENING NIGHT. Need to work on unit plan for research.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? Thursday visit parents - take photos. MH Monday check-in; Whatever Wednesday AMA. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Meet with Z&M Sun Aug 2 Stone Fort Stare.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. FINAL DRESS REHEARSAL TONIGHT!!!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFt Thursday 30th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises just the standing ones
    5 fruit and veg 7
    Walk, raining again! 36 minutes and 25 minutes
    Foot exercises yes
    Bank, deal with it! yes
    Finish ironing yes
    Housework yes
    Weekly shop yes

Lucky I managed to stay in the green yesterday. Got in a bit of a funk and ate 2 small pieces of cake (only treat thing in the house) but instead of carrying on I went for a walk, wasn't really hungry, so stopped. A reminder for me of how easy it is to fall back into comfort eating. My father has been back in hospital almost a week, and he is not doing well. I know him so well and I know he will be hating it. My mother is upset because he sounds so ill on the phone. Several times a week she tells me they should both be dead, how do you answer that? I find it very stressful, I'm practical, I do everything to run their household now, but I'm rubbish with the emotional stuff. That's the way I was brought up, and it just really stresses me out having to deal with tears/emotions/ illness.
    And magnified this time as no visitors are allowed at the hospital. It feels like we've abandoned him.

Anyway, I know that me giving up won't help anything, so here goes for another day.

JFT Friday 31st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Foot exercises
    Load car
    Some garden time
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @Snowflake1968 - I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll keep the streak going into August. Itโ€™s really hard not having any at all. Iโ€™ve never done well with diets that are too restrictive and I donโ€™t want to feel like a failure when I finally do have some. (If that makes sense.) However, this was a great way to refocus on my diet and hopefully Iโ€™ve learned that I donโ€™t need chips every day....just once in a while. Thanks for doing the challenge with me!

@Kuhl50 - congrats on finishing the stressful period at work! ๐Ÿฅณ

@littleblackskirt - so sorry your dad is in the hospital. I wouldnโ€™t know how to deal with the emotional side of that either. ๐Ÿ’•

@mytime6630 - I hope you like the recipe!

THURSDAY:
    - Log everything๐Ÿ”ด / stay green๐Ÿ”ด
    - NO CHIPS๐ŸŸข
    - Clean living room and normal chores๐ŸŸข
    - Continue painting the house๐ŸŸข
    - Mow lawn (if it dries)๐Ÿ”ด
    - S - CCD Camp๐ŸŸข
    - E - softball game๐ŸŸข

JFT FRIDAY:
    - Log everything / stay green
    - NO CHIPS - last day!!!
    - Scrape/paint house
    - S - CCD Camp and meetup
    - E & R doctor's appointments
    - Chores, chores, chores

JULY CHALLENGE:
    In an attempt to refocus this month, Iโ€™ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. Iโ€™m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
    ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Thursday goals
    Stay greenโœ…
    Pick up birthday card for wifeโœ…
    No candyโœ…โŒ had ice cream
    Fruit and vegetables for snacksโŒโœ…
    Short trainer spin then social night ride if weather permitsโœ…
    Look at billsโŒ

Friday goals

Rest day & Saraโ€™s birthday so gonna skip work out

No beer unless we end up spending evening with friends in which case will limit to two
    Log all food.
    Forgive myself in advance because Iโ€™m gonna go into red today ๐Ÿ˜›
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :( more like 9:00 thank God they don't care
    - Protein bar for breakfast instead of pie! :smiley:
    - Meeting at 10:00 until whenever :smiley:
    - Document work :smiley:
    - Exercise, If it doesn't rain, I'll ride. If it does rain I'll Peleton :(
    - Sensible dinner :smiley:
    - NO COOKIES, CANDY, ICE CREAM or PIE!!!! :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Enjoy your day y'all!

By the end of the work day yesterday, I had a raging headache. Not sure if it is left over concussion symptoms or just stress. Either way, I skipped my workout yesterday. I feel rotten about missing so many workouts lately, but it is what it is.

I did manage to skip the snacky stuff yesterday which was a big deal. I think I'll throw away the rest of the pie today and get it out of the house! Working from home makes it way to easy to snack.

JFT Friday
    - Up early to prepare for 8:30 meeting
    - Quality document work and calibration document work.
    - Wal Mart to buy gift wrap
    - wrap giant gift
    - Maybe go for a walk
    - No sweets
    - No alcohol
    - Bed early
    - Stay green
    - Log everything

Have a terrific day lovely people!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Finallllllyyy! The weather has picked up over here. Its been so cold and rainy. And now today were currently at 32C (89F) and man its hot.

Don't know how long it will last, if it will last at all.

Been kinda hard to go in the garden with the neighbours because the fences are low enough to see each other.
    But F them. Went out anyway.

I've banned my kids from playing with their kids. Do you think this is a good idea? I know its nothing to do with them but I dont like the idea of my kids being friends with a violent parent?
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Thursday: all food logged
    Friday: log all food.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

Today I will:

- post on JFT ๐Ÿ˜
    - send 15 emails ๐Ÿ˜
    - come up with 10 more blog ideas ๐Ÿ˜
    - finish blogging course ๐Ÿ˜“
    - fill in 10 more rows in my spreadsheet ๐Ÿ˜
    - actually cook dinner ๐Ÿ˜“
    - wear actual clothes! ๐Ÿ˜I even put makeup on! Lol
    - READ SOME DAMN ARTICLES!!!๐Ÿ˜

Didn't finish the blogging course and we went to pick up for food dinner which was a terrible idea. All the sugar from the candy I got made me crash. I ended up taking a two hour nap and battling another headache last night. I'm starting to think that the headaches might be sugar related. I'm still gonna call and set up eye doc appts for Matt and me though.

Today I Will:

- post ๐Ÿ˜
    - talk to M about car A/C ๐Ÿ˜
    - send 15 emails
    - send follow up emails
    - add 10 sites to spreadsheet
    - shower
    - get oil changed
    - drop off books
    - COOK DINNER
    - finish blogging course
    - read 5 articles
  • Bex953172

Today I will:

- post on JFT ๐Ÿ˜
    - send 15 emails ๐Ÿ˜
    - come up with 10 more blog ideas ๐Ÿ˜
    - finish blogging course ๐Ÿ˜“
    - fill in 10 more rows in my spreadsheet ๐Ÿ˜
    - actually cook dinner ๐Ÿ˜“
    - wear actual clothes! ๐Ÿ˜I even put makeup on! Lol
    - READ SOME DAMN ARTICLES!!!๐Ÿ˜

Didn't finish the blogging course and we went to pick up for food dinner which was a terrible idea. All the sugar from the candy I got made me crash. I ended up taking a two hour nap and battling another headache last night. I'm starting to think that the headaches might be sugar related. I'm still gonna call and set up eye doc appts for Matt and me though.

Today I Will:

- post ๐Ÿ˜
    - talk to M about car A/C ๐Ÿ˜
    - send 15 emails
    - send follow up emails
    - add 10 sites to spreadsheet
    - shower
    - get oil changed
    - drop off books
    - COOK DINNER
    - finish blogging course
    - read 5 articles

Is it really hot over there too? Could that be adding to it? Make sure you keep hydrated for now until you can figure out what it is.
    If you think it might be sugar, try eliminating it, well reducing it because that would be pretty impossible, but then reintroduce it, and see if it makes you ill again.

Or better yet, if you've been logging, check any foods that match on the same days you've been ill. It could be any of them, or if its non of them then at that point you'll have to find out through your doctor if its anything else.

I dunno if any of that will actually help in the meantime or you might just want to go straight to your doctor rather than messing about but just offering some other advice, you never know lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Thursday July 30
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - >:)
    No Chips - >:)
    Gratitude journal - >:)

JFT - Friday July 31
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No Chips
    Gratitude journal

@mytime6630 - It's nice to see you back. This is a stressful time in so many ways for your family, I agree with you it's here to stay for a while and we need to learn to live with it.

@kuhl50 - Congratulations on getting the project completed. Hopefully you can have a peaceful relaxing weekend now.

@littleblackskirt - the biggest hugs coming for you. It is so hard to deal with an ill parent and I can't imagine it during this time. I can handle emotions pretty well, but I don't know how I would handle that statement by your Mom. I tend to get a little sarcastic and snippy when I'm stressed so may say something totally inappropriate and rude. Then would have to apologize and have a serious conversation about it.

When my Dad was sick and we knew it was a matter of days, my Mom kept wanting to buy him Christmas presents. I remember getting angry with her at one point and actually telling her straight out that Dad wouldn't be here by Christmas. She was so hurt, but after a little bit she admitted she was scared and I was able to help her. Dad passed within the week on December 9th.

@pridesabtch - I had a concussion years ago when I was young. I suffered from headaches for close to a year afterwards.
    The story of how I ended up with a concussion is quite funny to me now, at the time I was not amused.

My brother had dared a friend of his to hit me over the head with a bag full of books. When he did it, my head came down and hit a cafeteria table so I was knocked in the head twice at once. My Dad didn't believe that anything was wrong with me and I suffered for a couple months before I went for a CT scan. Turned out I had a 2nd degree concussion and severely bruised brain.

@Bex953172 - You are in a tough situation with the neighbour. I don't know if I would ban the kids from playing with their kids 100%. I would let their kids play in my yard maybe. Sometimes kids in those situations need a safe place to go for a little bit at a time. They may be saying the same though and not wanting their kids to play with yours. Banning kids from playing in such tight areas is a really hard thing to enforce. I remember being in those situations when our kids were young.

Today is a barbecue at work hosted by the social club, I am working late tonight to cook for the evening shift. Tomorrow we are going to Kaitlyn's to get Rodger's hair cut. He has been called back to work and starts on Tuesday.

Have a great day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I'm terrible with emotional support, but just want to say (((HUGS))) to those here on JFT that are having tough times. You are in my heart <3 and in my prayers.

Recap R 7/30
    1) Walk dog :smiley: 4 miles on cool, lower humidity a.m. happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor) / 5 somethings :smiley: 14/14 boom!
    2) Salad topped with leftover ribeye for supper / net cals green / 14c water = change in plans, bought supper at concert from local restaurant, good but not much volume so made popcorn when I got home, then ate M&Ms and man, was that sugar good! Net cals red :s 10c water :(
    3) GA-IT progress / Facebook Live recording / prep electronics & papers for work from home then reverse at end of day for work in office Monday / write to-do list for office / update project status s/s / email daily & weekly updates / back up work from home files = :) for all
    4) Wish BFF happy bday on FB (card tomorrow) / reservation 5:15 GBBG for Rhythm Kings outdoor concert (1 beer) / at least one chore = :) for all
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / no alarm vacation Friday but still walk dog in a.m. = :( for all but "no alarm" :p

JFT F 7/31 ~ PTO mental health day for me :D
    1) Walk dog B) 4.34 miles happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly at least 10/14
    3) Veg pizza at BFF's tonight / net cals green / 12c water
    4) Wish SIL happy bday :) / to-do list if I feel like it ~ it's my day off after all ~ only 2 things time-sensitive
    5) Floss / retainers / set alarm (not too early) for farmers market

This evening I go to my BFF's to celebrate her bday which was yesterday. We haven't seen each other since last winter! We'll sit outside around the fire pit, eat veg pizza, drink & gab. I'm bringing my own beverages for easier self-control. Decided I'm limiting myself to either 2 beers or the rest of the wine bottle, plus bringing water. Can't wait!

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • Bex953172

JFt Thursday 30th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises just the standing ones
    5 fruit and veg 7
    Walk, raining again! 36 minutes and 25 minutes
    Foot exercises yes
    Bank, deal with it! yes
    Finish ironing yes
    Housework yes
    Weekly shop yes

Lucky I managed to stay in the green yesterday. Got in a bit of a funk and ate 2 small pieces of cake (only treat thing in the house) but instead of carrying on I went for a walk, wasn't really hungry, so stopped. A reminder for me of how easy it is to fall back into comfort eating. My father has been back in hospital almost a week, and he is not doing well. I know him so well and I know he will be hating it. My mother is upset because he sounds so ill on the phone. Several times a week she tells me they should both be dead, how do you answer that? I find it very stressful, I'm practical, I do everything to run their household now, but I'm rubbish with the emotional stuff. That's the way I was brought up, and it just really stresses me out having to deal with tears/emotions/ illness.
    And magnified this time as no visitors are allowed at the hospital. It feels like we've abandoned him.

Anyway, I know that me giving up won't help anything, so here goes for another day.

JFT Friday 31st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Foot exercises
    Load car
    Some garden time

Have you asked her what she meant by what she said?
    She could be really struggling with the idea she might lose her husband and will feel very alone, and that can be very daunting for someone who might really rely on that person?

I dont think it was very fair considering its not just her worrying about it. But her head must be a complete fog. Its only natural to be sat with your loved ones and visit in hospital and comfort them, and because of the situation she can't do that.
    If I were her I'd feel completely useless and be dreading if anything were to happen to that person and I wasnt there.

Don't feel bad about not being to great at the emotional stuff. You're still being a rock, taking care of everything so they don't have to. You're doing everything you can.

I'm an extremely emotional person. Which is weird because my parents didn't really show their emotions much! So emotional stuff im good at, but i couldn't do what you do, take over the house and keep everything going. I admire you for that!

You have not abandoned him, and deep down, you know that. Because you WOULD be there if you COULD!
    I'd hate for any of my family to go in hosp right now

Remember to take care of yourself, you're taking on extra stuff so just remember to have your own space too

*hugs*