WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Another day of the simple life. Walked the dogs before breakfast, walked with the dogs and a friend after breakfast, walked mid morning with another friend, rode my exercise bike while watching the Mariners' baseball game with Jake. Did a few minor chores and spent some time on the computer with all my pals on MFP.

:)Rebecca, you're the first person I've known who watches sumo wrestling a lot. I've seen it a bit and thought it was quite interesting.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Once you figure out what they're trying to do, what is not allowed, and what the different maneuvers are called, its quite fascinating! Its nice to practice my Japanese by saying each wrestlers name. My favorites
    Hakuho
    Tochinoshin
    Enho
    Wakatakakage
    Kaise
    Ishiura
    there is more but that's just me showing off.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    [

Once you figure out what they're trying to do, what is not allowed, and what the different maneuvers are called, its quite fascinating! Its nice to practice my Japanese by saying each wrestlers name. My favorites
    Hakuho
    Tochinoshin
    Enho
    Wakatakakage
    Kaise
    Ishiura
    there is more but that's just me showing off.👍
    💖Rebecca[/quote]

Rebecca- we have given all of our cats Japanese names- husband is 1/2 Okinawan and 1/2 Yugoslavian
    Neko
    Umaku
    Tora
    Shima
    Tonashi
    Miso
    Shiro

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Sarah - I adore your shed/tiny house. I see you have a lavatory. I know a lot of people with amazing small spaces, but none of them have lavatories, or water. As I go to the loo every hour or so, that wouldn't work for me.
    Over here, if you have a working kitchen and bathroom you have to pay council tax as if it is a separate dwelling. That's what puts people off doing the extra work on their sheds.
    Congratulations on your beautiful new space! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well fell asleep at 6 pm and was awake at 12:30.. lordy my bodybis so messed up
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Julie Bananas, i have only been accosted twice. Neither time was it money they were after. One was 50 years ago and one forty. The first one I screamed my bloody lungs out and rolled over and over to break his grip on my wrist. Then ran like mad. The second time I backed from the side of the road into the road where cars picked me up in their headlights. I was whirling my heavy purse over my head and threatening to smack the guy into the middle of next week if he hurt my baby. I was about 7 months along. I wasn’t scared that time. Only furious.

Rebecca! How appropriate! I find I’ve lost a newborn giraffe. Guess the zoo found it! Joining sumo fandom sounds like a blast!

Evelyn, a vet told me never to get the dog sort for cats. It’s a different formula. One isn’t safe for the other, she said.

Lisa in AR, interesting. My cat beat the beejezus out of the same sort of toy this afternoon, including lifting it with her front paws and throwing it back on the floor. Pretty violent for her. It wasn’t the Siamese (who’s 12# - 5.5kg), but my little Goldie the orange tabby girl. She’s half that size.

2100k30, let us know what you’d like to be called and your general area, so we can sort of locate you in our minds. Welcome! Enjoy your visits!

Sarah K, Your home is unjust so very cute! What’s the L and W - never mind the lift.

Allie, You may need to do a forced reset of your bio clock. My husband had to do that once. It involves going to bed an hour later each day until you’re going to bed at the time you prefer, and not allowing yourself to get out of bed except for physical needs until at least 7 hours have passed. So tonight, bedtime at 7pm, not allowed up before 2am, sleep later if you prefer. Next night bed at 8pm, no getting up before 3am. I recall he was to keep the house a little cooler than normal and move around if he felt sleepy before bedtime. A short nap - ½ hr - was allowed if at least 4 hrs after getting up. He finally was able to go to bed and sleep when he should.

Sharon Near Seattle

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Altruistic August
    3: treat everyone you interact with as though they were a friend: my impulse is to stay home and interact only with Joe and the dogs ;)

When we first shutdown back in March, I would march down the street looking straight ahead with a neutral expression on my face ... but I quickly realised that it wouldn't hurt to smile at the people on the other side of the street. :) And when I did, everyone smiled at me! :)

auntiebk wrote: »
    Please send good thoughts to my nephew and his family. A mass was just found covering parts of his lungs, heart and esophagus. He and his wife have 2 teen-aged sons, the youngest is 13. That’s how old my nephew was when his father was killed in a car crash. His mother was overwhelmed so the boys (13, 14 and 16) came to live with us for a few years. :heartbreak::cry: :brokenheart:

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Prayers!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    2100k30 wrote: »
    Ok, continuing on my journey. I'm 63 and plan to lose 50 lbs. I'm so glad I found this community. It helps knowing there are people over 50 trying to lose weight with me. Thanks all!

Your name immediately makes me think of cycling ... long distance cycling! :)

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Howdy, my little chickadees.
    😎 Delighted to have been gifted with another opportunity to be. So much better than the alternative. Excited to see what the day will bring.

breath invigorates
    engaging creative gears
    in opportune thought

Sarah:
    Awesome SheShed! 😂

Later: just did my HIIT workout, and now I'm set for my breakfast. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I love surprises! 😂

Good vibes, Welcomes, and Felicitations as needed.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    On the road again, 1:55am PST
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Monday,

I was lazy yesterday. I did a little bit of weeding in the flower beds between the rain, helped husband with a quick project, changed sheets, cooked dinner. I didnt get dressed in real clothes or brush my hair until we headed for ice cream with friends. Husband didn't say a word. AGT videos had my attention. B) I did clean up kitchen, wind the clock, and load my husband's medicines in his pill containers. Once written down I guess I wasn't too lazy. :p

Doctor appointment this morning for migraine med check. Tomorrow is Gyn appointment. Ugh!

Hugs!
    Welcome!
    Safe travels!
    Congratulations!

Time to get ready for work.

Kylia in Ohio still getting along
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BARBARA so sorry to hear about your nephew 💔

HEATHER you must be worried for your son. I worry about my DD and family they are self employed and have had no work for months. They are directors of the Co but there are only 2 of them and they haven't been able to access any help

Still sticking to logging and avoiding 'rubbish' weight is moving down
    Off to exercise now

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    3gooj1ucgx6i.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I quit buying cartons of ice cream when I realized how much I actually ate. :o Now I buy a small dish now & then. o:)