55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks you look fabulous and happy! Thanks for inspiring us!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 What you're describing is where i'm trying to head. Off the addictive chips, not eating late, mine yoyos the same 10 lbs over and over, it's like my body is fighting this.
    @amerman5kim How's it going? I've given up sugar too, it's a fight at work though.
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a 65 year old female with weight to lose and I would like to join this group and make friends here so that I read what others are doing. I don't like to exercise so need motivation and I like learning new things that other people are doing to help them on their fitness journey. Feel free to add me as a friend as I will be looking to find people I can also add as a friend since I am newly returning to MFP. I want to stick with it and make a change in my fitness this time. I believe there is a quote: "Half measures avails nothing." Wishing everyone the best!
  • seamonster99
    seamonster99 Posts: 184 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. So much inspiration here, thanks to all of YOU! I'm 56, 5'8, currently 187lbs. Finally in meno as of spring! Stepped on a scale June 6, 2020 and was horrified to see it kissing 200, 198.6 to be exact. I've been logging/counting every day since and making some headway. Long term goal weight is 140, short term is ~182 by the end of Aug. Harder to lose weight now, but intermittent fasting seems to help, am finding a 'new to me' rhythm. Primarily walking and some moderate hikes, some weights and light workouts. Am learning a lot. . .
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread: thank you for all the inspiration. I too am 56, hit 88kg/195lb in lockdown and am working to get it off again. Nearly half way there now... (and nearly back to my pre-Easter egg weight!). Doing workouts most days; I find the low impact workouts at Bodyfit by Amy and at Scottish Ballet for 55+ suit me very well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!