Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Lana thank you for getting us started.

We have a week long heat wave coming with temps as hot as 111 next week Tuesday. I have an apt Wednesday to go to. Not pleased with this heat.

I have been dreaming about getting lost in a mega shopping mall..... it could be worse I guess. Tells you how much I like to go to shopping malls.

Dental cleaning so leave a little early and meeting today so a shorter work day. Take what I can.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Mother of Pearl!
    Sara -next week is going to be stupid-hot for you. I am wincing for you.
    You know the drill: hydrate and take it easy whenever out of the air conditioning.

Lana
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We had storms overnight. I woke up early to thunder and lightening and found water on my bathroom floor upstairs. Apparently, I expect too much from management to want a place that is pleasant to live in. On July 4, 5, and 6th until the later morning, I had constant, steady water coming out if the wall, under the stove, a cabinet, and the refrigerator. I swapped out towels, I mopped. They came out once over the weekend and informed me they fixed it, but never returned following my subsequent calls. On July 11th, we had a storm so bad that there was a lake pouring in from under my door on the first floor. On July 17th, I went downstairs to find more water coming out under the stove, etc. Today, it was the upstairs bathroom.

On July 24th, I went to the ER because I had smoke in my apartment for a week solid. My neighbors were not smoking cigarettes. I was paranoid, ready to crawl the walls, I had headaches and nausea, etc. The doctors assumed I mixed the wrong chemicals in cleaning up after all the water, gave me a breathing treatment and sent me home. I have stayed in a hotel for a week, gotten an air purifier, and then stayed at someone else’s place for another week.

Section 8 informs me that I have to live out my lease and due to the pandemic many people are struggling. It will take at least 4-6 weeks to process a new voucher and then another however many weeks to schedule an inspection for another apartment. But let me turn in one signature late or move out and refuse to pay for this apartment and I can lose my assistance altogether.

6.5 weeks to go and then I could be on the street for all I know while they drag their heels.

I spent weeks looking for a new car after mine died and almost passed out in the heat several times. It was so awful, but at least I can focus on one thing now and finally got a car. I no longer have to beg for rides and deal with others’ schedules. This isn’t a big city and the public transportation system is being overhauled. They removed tons of stops and city planning doesn’t have any answers on what stops will be where for some areas yet.

I feel as if I stepped into the Twilight Zone this last year. I am so grateful I haven’t put on a good 50 plus pounds.

I have to say that I admire and love what you all do for family. I would give anything to have one right now or some close friends I could really rely on. The ones I thought I had grown closer to this last year are all going through something and their only request for me to support them is to leave them be for now.

I want to order half of the menu at a few dozen restaurants about right now.

But, I guess I will settle for some more water and maybe a mini cupcake from the fridge. The package has lasted two weeks at least!

Have an awesome weekend and stay cool and hydrated!!

Runa 😁
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    Options
    lr65dzzaucf6.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY August 14th ***

Runa, the Dory Friday is for you! (as in "keep swimming...")

I'll be back after I do the Pumpkin Loop walk with the ladies. Hold the fort.

Lana

258.8 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hcw3put7zb12.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Heat wave starts today for more than a week. It has been awhile since we have had temps this high for this long. Windows open for a little while as I run humidifier at night..... All of my water containers are full. I may try and walk a little this morning. We shall see.

Friday!!! What a concept. Groceries tomorrow morning early and then I am inside all weekend. I usually go and help at the Food donation drop off on Sunday, but we shall see.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Runa - you certainly have had some challenges lately. I'm sorry to hear about all of that water business. It must be awful. Hang in there dear. You are doing great not gaining 50 pounds during Covid madness and flooding. Good going with those cupcakes! Happy to hear you have a car now 🚗💗

Sara - You stay safe in this heatwave!! ❄️

Sunflower Queen - Thank you for the pretty photos~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    r212ltb972h8.jpg
    *** SATURDAY August 15th ***

Good morning Everybody 🧡

What's everyone doing today?

Lana
  • mrsheard05
    mrsheard05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dislike working out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Going shopping as soon as I eat.

Walking is the only exercise I will do at the moment - $$ is one and I have to start exercising somehow.

Got to 108 yesterday 111 Monday and Tuesday. If people would be careful with their electricity we might not have "brown outs" - some areas were without power and in this heat that is dangerous.

enough of the lecture. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    l3yv22zi5ab4.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    Options
    76fohm11pnah.jpeg
    ***Sunday August 16th ***

Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - How are you faring out there with the heat? Weather.com radar says my sister is having thunderstorms! I wonder if your area will get any?

Right before I got up this morning, I woke up while having a bad dream about being treated badly in a very upscale salon and spa. I've never been to an upscale salon and spa, but now, as I have my coffee, I am trying to shake this "experience".

BBL

Lana
    258.4 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Thank you Lana for getting us started. There are other spas that can serve you better. I have been to those places and in the end it was not worth it. So see what that dream is hiding and you will understand it better.

I slept in which was appreciated. 108 today 110 tomorrow 111 Tuesday and 108 for the day I have to take a long ride in car. These temps change daily so I will wait and see. Partly cloudy here so not only HOT but more humid than CA is used to. I hope your sister's thunderstorms cooled her area off. Not a big fan of them and I used to have dog to hug.

Plans today are to stay inside. The jewelry and rocks I purchased were delivered yesterday (as I am in town I dont have to pay shipping) and I bought well so I have new pendants on my necklace.

Sleeping/knitting/crocheting/online watching and maybe make a quiche. Better today than tomorrow!!!

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I'm pretty sure I know what drove that dream. That's probably why I've been in a down mood all day today. Also, today the Covid/isolation really got to me. I did have a Zoom visit with some friends in the morning, and I went out grocery shopping, but it's just not enough. I spend most of every day in "solitary confinement". Bleh~~
    Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

You have got some doozie high temps coming! Drink your water!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    Options
    1dkcco4djxjw.jpeg
    *** MONDAY August 17th ***

Good morning All~~

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Holly and Sara in UK and Runa and Missy and Saltine and everyone who stops by today ☀️

Cabana Boys have been dispatched to California this week to keep Sara cool and comfortable during the heat wave.
    Everyone else: Let Antoine know if you need some special treatment 💛

Lana

257.6 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 😊

My results returned “negative” and I hope to find out from the doctor’s office that there is nothing else that needs to be done. It is hitting way too close now. I am concerned that if I do get infected, I may not recover very well, but I don’t want to be fearful.

Saturday weigh-in went well - 313.4 lbs. Down 2 lbs from last week. My eating has been atrocious, though, and I am praying that it was due to my cycle. I am hoping to get back on the wagon any moment now.

Lana, I hate having vivid dreams like those, but I have them pretty often, sadly. Sara, I hope that you continue to stay cool. I have a few friends in CA and they have some serious medical conditions that would not go well with all these electrical outages. I hope it gets better for all of you!

Have a great day!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good morning,

Scale not my friend this morning but it is just too hot to exercise and not advised to exercise outside. 110 today we are breaking heat records from as far back as the 1980's in some places. As soon as it cools off I will get back into exercise so it is a short stop on the road.

Too hot to open windows as it is as hot outside. Stinky is my best online word.

It is Monday and I am brain dead from the heat. It will be what it will be.

Cabana boys came by last night with large fans and was a great hit with those of us outside after sundown. Dont worry the boys were hydrated well and well taken care of. Need to send them back in good condition!!!

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane and COOL out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    @mrsheard05 - Same here. I do enough mental gymnastics that I rarely have the energy to move my body. :smile:

We had a huge, successful Fiesta at the Lodge on Saturday, but I'm exhausted. Even lazing around for most of yesterday did not make me less tired.

So here goes the schedule for the next 8 days. I hope to pop in at some point every day just to keep up with everything.

Monday (today): Work. Lunch hour consists of: Post office, bank, and sushi with friends. Pack as much as I can on breaks. Be in Union City (30 minute drive) by 6 to sanction the men's bowling league.

Tuesday: Work. Lunch hour: Post office and packing. Be in Union City by 6 to sanction Women's bowling league.

Wednesday: Work. Lunch hour: Post office and finish packing. Be in Union City by 6 to sanction Mixed league and bowl our first games.

Thursday: Leave at 6 am for Gatlinburg, TN (8 hour drive) Tennessee Moose Association Annual Conference. Work the hospitality room beginning at 6:30.

Friday: Conference meetings

Saturday: Conference meetings. Banquet.

Sunday: Green Cap Conferral for our Junior Grad Regent. Afternoon free for touring or resting.

Monday: Return from Gatlinburg.

Oh, then I work for three days. Off Friday to go to Nashville with my daughter for an art exhibit in a botanical garden (Google Chihuly at Cheekwood.) Training in Brownsville (45 minute drive) 9 am Saturday. Orientation at our Lodge on Sunday.

If I were not working from home, I'm pretty sure I would have a serious breakdown in the next couple of months. So, bright side to this whole sucky year.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey wow that is a brain buster kind of 8 days. Glad you have it all scheduled out.

HOT here - just took a bagful of romance novels (have not been reading them) and last of the dogs things to the trash. New dog down the road deserves their own.

Stay cool out there.