NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited August 2020
    @trooworld I did get in my 6 cups. Only because I thought I have to tell Troo. So on to tomorrow. The good thing is every day we get a chance to do it right for the day. The day we are in is all that matters. Sorry about your emo day. Did you write any of your feelings in a journal? Just get it all out there. Then think about next year on Aug 11 and you can go back and see how far you have progressed. I'm enjoying Penzu journal because it always gives me email prompts about earlier entries and I go back and read them and think either Wow I'm doing so much better now or I haven't moved an inch on that problem so what's the plan for this next year.

@teresaw1020 I'm having a problem with my scale too this week. Do you think they have corona? :| Mine is just basically staying the same. My numbers have been good this week so I will bump up my exercise numbers a bit. I was going to increase in September by 50 but will put in 25 for these last two weeks. My ultimate goal is to burn 315 cals a day with intentional movement but I knew better than to jump in and expect myself to do that like I used to right away. Baby steps. I've been so much better with moving this month compared to last. So I will keep tweaking. Hopefully mom's eyes will be all better. At what age are you supposed to start receiving the shingles vaccine.

@mswatson0777 If you see my post to teresa you will see that I too and having problems with the scale not moving but I'm holding fast to ignoring that and concentrating on my habit successes each day. Compared to what I was doing in April and May, I'm a rock star. I'm even drinking more water and still....nothing. I'm hanging onto the thought of "Build it....and they will come" (If that made sense to you, lol) I read Elinor Oliphant. I'll have to look up the other one.

@cbabie Yaaay on you getting on the treadmill. What do you want to accomplish in the way of goals tomorrow. Sorry about your ggd being sick. Happy Bday to her. So another August bday to remember, yaaay. Who was that author that you used to get dad all those books. That was never my genre but I know he liked to read them and couldn't wait until the next one came out. Closure: as dad would say, it is what it is.

Red-Stayed OP 88/100 Intentional movement: 10 min walk and 22 min YouTube dance workout

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via movement o:) preplan food o:)

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 Do you have any books you highly recommend? I’m so glad that you are feeling better and yayyy on the scale not making your day worse. :)

@cbabie Sorry that baby got an ear infection. Those are so miserable. I looked up Terri Blackstock and will give her a try! Any of her books you recommend the most? :)

@theslightedgeforever Hmm maybe our scales need to go into quarantine…or maybe we need to put a mask over the number to protect us. :D You can get the Shingles vaccine at 55 years old. After seeing how bad it kicked my DH’s butt I don’t know if I want to go through that.

Good morning! Hubby slept for 14 hours and is much better this morning. I spent last evening sorting puzzle pieces from my new monster puzzle and watching shows that DH doesn’t care for, like The Office and the news. :grin: Today I need to do my workout and then get some work done before staff meeting tomorrow. We have a new series starting and I need to make a bunch of new graphics for it. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    edited August 2020
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yes, I do! I'm glad your mom's surgery went well. Your poor husband! I've heard those boosters are no joke. I love The Office! Good luck with making the graphics, that sounds fun!

@mswatson0777 Thank you. I did talk to my therapist yesterday and that helped. Yeah, I have been tracking everything, good, bad, ugly! ;) I've heard good things about the Kiss Quotient and I did read Elinor Oliphant and loved it. I read The Rosie Project for my book club and loved that too, have you read that yet? I'm glad you are feeling better.

@cbabie Oh gosh! I'm so sorry the little one has been sick, and on her birthday of all times. :( An ear infection is so painful, too. Thank you re: my dad. I appreciate it.

@theslightedgeforever That's great! That's so funny that you thought of me because I thought of you and made more of an effort, too lol. BUT...I was stuck in the bedroom with my dog and I couldn't use the bathroom all day (they were doing drywall in the bathroom) so I didn't want to be drinking a bunch of water. I finally used the bathroom at 1:30 so I felt like I could drink more water lol. I drank about 16 oz of it + about 8 oz of coffee. That's better than the day before. I hope the drywall is done this morning so I can drink more water today lol. I didn't write in my journal but that is one thing I plan on doing today. Yesterday was a stressful day (see more below). I use the Penzu journal too, thanks to you! ;)

Hello everyone! Yesterday was kind of stressful but at the same time good: I was sitting at my computer just about to clock in for work and the drywall guy shows up at my door. My dog goes berserk (he hates anyone but my husband, me, and a select few relatives) so I had to put him in the bedroom so I could let the drywall guy in. My dog barked THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS IN THE BEDROOM. I had to be in a webinar from 10-10:40 and so I had to leave him barking while the guy worked in the bathroom. I was working 8-12, so after my webinar, I took some work and went in the bedroom with the dog to hopefully quiet him down but every time he heard the drywall guy working, he'd bark. Eventually, he fell asleep but it took a long time. It was so stressful and I felt trapped, being in the hot bedroom with him. I have to do the same thing this morning. :(

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    edited August 2020
    My day is starting off kind of awful. All I want to do is go curl up back in bed under the covers and pretend everything's okay. It didn't help I didn't get much downtime last night. I ended up working on my qualifying exam until after 9pm since I didn't have any energy to do it this weekend and I needed to get an outline to my advisor. And my partner was frustrated since the house and yard are a disaster since I've had no time to help with either. Tonight I'm going to take the dogs for a long walk and relax more since I got so much done last night. Thank goodness I took Friday off. Since the weekend was so awful I feel like I've had no time to become myself again.

@trooworld I'm glad talking with your therapist helped! And I LOVED the Rosie Project! I'm starting Evvie Drake Starts Over and it's pretty good so far! I'm sorry yesterday was so stressful but I'm glad you're one step closer to a new shower!

@theslightedgeforever I'm sorry you're in the same boat as me! It is so frustrating to no longer have multiple desserts a day but still not budge. At least we're being healthier?

@TeresaW1020 I hope you have a productive day today! I am a voracious reader so I've got a ton depending on your genre preference. I've been devouring Sherry Thomas lately. I also really enjoyed "One to Watch" and "Mrs. Everything" by Jennifer Weiner.

@cbabie Happy birthday to the little! I'm so glad she's feeling better!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Hey gang

Sorry I've not been around. Just have been real off and on again with trying to achieve any fitness goals. Currently trying to get back on again. I walk 2x a day and I do a few stairs (currently 40) just whatever I can do with my tendonitis which is still not fully healed.

My gym is open but they are only allowing people in for 45 mins at a time, and it's super expensive, and I'm struggling with whether it's worth it to go for 45 mins. My personal trainer- I miss him and would totally start with him again, but they cut that to 45 mins too and it's over $100 an hour and I can't bring myself to do that for 45 mins. Honestly it would end up being like 35 mins of working out bc we would talk things through for 10 mins.

So not sure what to do with that.

I've started to track my food again after not doing so for months, bc my weight is edging up. We'll see if I can be consistent.

@trooworld yay you almost have a shower!

@teresaw2010 your little pup is cute.

well wish me luck with some consistency again!

Wishing you lots of luck! I’m in the same boat. Just getting back into routine. Did Zumba on Zoom tonight. Cooked breaded chicken with chicken that’s from a local country store. Half a breast of boneless chicken sliced into strips lasts me for about 3 meals. I currently have my gym membership frozen and thinking I’m just going to cancel and save the $30 bucks a month since I’ve been getting a lot out of the Zoom Zumba where some are free and don’t have to drive anywhere.

trooworld wrote: »
    @mswatson0777 Oh my gosh! That is way too many meetings. Your cookout sounds fun. I wish I could do that but we just can't do it here, we don't want to risk it with my brother-in-law being so high risk. That is why I was so glad to go back to work this past Monday: I could actually see and speak with people in person! Lol

@theslightedgeforever Nope I have not been and it shows. Have you? No, full time for the first week and then 20 hours after that. Yes, I'm glad too. No, the bathroom is not done. More on that below. :(

@TeresaW1020 That's bananas! It shouldn't take so long. Yeah, if you don't have any symptoms, I guess there is no reason to worry about it. It hasn't been installed yet, believe it or not! See more below. :( Congrats on the loss! Yay for reading!!!

Hello everyone! So, bad news all around: first, I gained weight this week. Up 1.8 lbs. It could be the takeout we got Thursday AND Friday nights. Although Friday night's takeout was healthy. Boo. Now, the shower: they have installed it but it isn't hooked up yet because some of the pipes/fittings are rusted so they have to get permission to replace those. :( The good news is that the new tub/shower enclosure is much nicer with a lot of shelves for shampoo/soaps etc. But I'm so disappointed that I have to take another shower in the bathroom that my mother-in-law uses at my brother-in-law's. :(

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day

Sorry to hear about the bathroom situation. Not a fun thing when it’s down.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..sorry I have been gone so long. We took the gkids back to OK 2 weeks ago. Stayed with dd for a few days, saw my brother & sil, & then came home. Pretty quiet around here, but kinda enjoying it, lol. It is really nice to not have to try & figure out what they will eat. (VERY picky gs, gd is a little better, but still limited) They are starting school at home, so may be back again. Dd is going to give it a try until Labor Day, lol. They say she & ex will probably be WFH until Jan. Other dd & gkids starting in person. All start on the 24th.

Then Monday & the derecho hit. (not sure if all have heard about it..it is like an inland hurricane with winds 80-110 mph over an extended stretch. They say it was about a 100 mile wide stretch that ran from Nebraska to Ohio) Our house & dd's house seem to be OK. The sunflowers are now taller than dh (6'3") so they did not like the wind, but we propped them up & they seem OK. Lucky we have power, parts of the city still don't.

Yesterday, we headed out to the farm to see what damage there. We own about 90 acres where dh grew up. Mostly pasture & timber. It is where we plant the pumpkins. So much destruction all along the 100 mile drive. Corn flattened (almost looked chopped off), trees broken all over, grain bins down. Got to the farm & the 3-sided shed where we store the tractor was gone...pieces of it all over the field. & even more astonishing was the big machine shed that my fil built when he owned the farm was demolished. It had steel I-beams! So many trees damaged there, too. We had sold the house, machine shed, & a few acres when we bought the land, so the shed is not ours.
    We have a lot of cleaning up to do! Then we went into town (where we lived up until 3 yrs ago). It looked like a war zone. It is a small town of about 2800 people. They don't think the power will be restored for up to a week.

It hit a number of our cousins with varying amounts of damage. Sorry for going on about it, but I just can't believe all the destruction! So we were out there today, starting to pick up & will be going back tomorrow.

@TeresaW1020 Your dog is adorable!! Hearing how sick your dh was with the shingles shot makes me leery of getting it. We got the original one, but now they say we should get the "new & improved" 2 shot one, which is probably the one he got?

@trooworld Wow..hope your bathroom gets done soon. Sad it has been so slow!!

@gemwolf Your kitchen was beautiful! Lots of work. We need to start painting the trim on our house, but waiting until it cools off.

@mswatson0777 I would've wanted everyone in masks, but probably would not have guts enough to speak up about it, lol.

@theslightedgeforever Did you get any effects from the derecho? Think you are in IL, right? I really hope you missed it.

Sorry not more "personal" but I can't remember all that I read. Thinking of all of you, tho. Keep on keeping on, lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2020
    @teresaw1020 How was your fasting today? Mask on the scale :D Is shingles worse than the side effects of the shot?

@trooworld Today was a NO on my water. My sister has a dog (which I affectionately named Demon Dog) that barks and growls at me when the door is closed. :) First time I ever met the dog it tried to bite me and it had to be put outside. I think it doesn't like my chi. But a constant noise like that would have driven me over the edge. Doesn't take much these days

@mswatson0777 Ok, we are healthier.....I'll go with that line of thought for now. Maybe our bodies are seeing if we are serious this time and then will let it go with a WHOOSH! So until that happens, I will be nailing my water goal and beginning on Sunday increasing my calories burned by 25. What little tweak will you make next week? I hate the feeling of being overwhelmed as I end up crawling in bed and just reading to escape. That surely doesn't help me get stuff done. I'm learning to just focus on one thing. Sometimes it's only a part of one thing. I keep thinking about the quote, "Excellence is the next five minutes" Here's my latest motivational pic I have on sticky notes.

qn3fgbaymv8u.jpeg

@gemwolf110 Yaaay for your Zumba. I did a couple of videos on YouTube yesterday that really left me sore today. I would have never imagined it because it wasn't strenuous but I guess a lot of whole body movement.

@retiredandlovingit Well now that gkids are gone life will return to somewhat normal and you can go back to your goals. What are your goals for August? I heard about the derecho from Twitter then called my son to see if he had power restored and was there any damage to the car. He had no power for about 24 hours and made me laugh hearing how he spent his time. He was like, Mom, I had no idea what time it was. I was using the sun as an indicator. Plus he read a book. (I said, you have books in your apt? :D ) I'm sorry for all the damage you and other incurred. I kept watching the videos. The northern part of IL got hit up near Rockford.

Yellow Day-Stayed OP 149/164 Intentional Movement 51 min walk

August goals: Green dot days o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)

EDIT: Wow, that pic turned out really big
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Are you psychic? Cause curling up in bed with a book and forgetting the world was exactly what I did last night. My goal for the week ahead is to get back to my basics (and my habit tracker). They way I can at least start to hit my minimums again. How about you?

@gemwolf110 I've been loving at home workouts as well. Well...I shouldn't say loving, but I appreciate that they're there to get me through this.

@RetiredandLovingIt I'm so sorry to hear about the wind damage. I'm glad everyone's okay and I hope people in the town are able to work through all the property damage with minimal impact.

I'm definitely doing better today. I have back to back meetings all day (including a lunch meeting) which is going to be rough, and I have an overwhelming amount of work, but it'll happen one way or another. I did take tomorrow off which I'm extremely grateful for. I'm planning on only doing 1 hour a day on my qualifying exam this weekend so I can focus on relaxation to hopefully tame down the feelings of burnout.
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I'm glad you have Friday to recoup. How was the dog walk? That sounds relaxing. The talk with my therapist did help, thanks. I loved The Rosie Project too! I went into it knowing nothing about it thinking it was a fluffy romance novel and boy was I surprised! Yes, the drywall guy is nearly done, he just has to texture the wall today!

@gemwolf110 Thanks, no it stinks!

@RetiredAndLovingIt I remember the days of picky eating. I was kind of picky but my brother, he was so picky, he wouldn't eat anything but cheeseburgers and macaroni and cheese pretty much. I'm glad the derecho didn't do damage to your house. Sorry about your shed, that's awful. I hope the bathroom is done soon, too! I'm running out of patience.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I was trapped in the bedroom with very little access to the bathroom again yesterday so it was a NO on water for me, too. :( I should be able to drink a bunch of water before the drywall guy comes today, he's not coming until about 1 today. I affectionately call my dog Satan to one of my friends. haha

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld man that really sounds like a pain with the drywall and the dog. I’ve been working remotely too and am always hearing dogs and kids and traffic. You need to have a little party when all of this is done…..my decision about my mother- yeah unfortunately it’s the best thing for me.

@TeresaW1020 yeah I haven’t read in ages. That is a tough puzzle! This is the one I’m working on, pic below. Sorry for the size. I dont understand why my pictures are always so big. Anyway I like funny critters in puzzles.

Congrats on finishing the barre! I’ve tried kickboxing, it’s definitely a tough workout……sorry for the booster for shingles, but it’s good to get. My step mother got shingles and she said it was terribly painful. Also it took for a while for the doctors to even figure out what it was.

hwijxw73uxak.jpg

@theslightedgeforever if I read it’s definitely fluff these days. I could not read American Dirt. I actually bought a couple of books a month ago bc I couldn’t sleep. One of them is Nicholas Sparks…? I think? I read a chapter. Terrible writer lol but might help me sleep. --- hey great on getting in your 6 cups!

@cbabie I hope the little one feels better! Ear aches are no fun.

@mswatson sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Your posts always remind me of being in university and how I used to kill myself trying to get everything done, and I was a perfectionist so it was tough. Sorry this is probably not much comfort.

@gemwolf nice to see you again

Well I have been tracking mostly, but that’s it. Haven’t really been getting my exercise goals, but back to it today. It isn’t much- I’m aiming for 2 hours of movement a day plus mobility. So that is usually 2 walks, plus something else. Today I should be on track. I haven’t biked in about a week, I had to take a break. But I will go out today for about an hour, nothing crazy.

I'll be honest with you guys one of the reason my attn to fitness dropped was bc I have been focussing on other goals to drink less. I think I mentioned that...so bc that was my goal I got a bit more lax around food. I honestly drink too much lol. So I've been working on that since June and it has gotten better but one of the side effects is my motivation to exercise and eat right is less. Which is kind of weird, you would think it would be the opposite, but I've never claimed to be normal lol.

So I am just trying to get on track in small ways, not asking for much.

Hope all is well!
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo It totally is! It's so stressful, too. Luckily, I live right by the freeway so there is a lot of freeway noise so hopefully, that drowns out my dog a bit. I totally understand about your mother. <3 The puzzle you are working on is cool. I hope you enjoyed yesterday's bike ride. I wish you luck in reducing drinking. Do you want to stop altogether or just reduce the amount? If you just want to reduce the amount, I have a tip: I used to drink more than I did now. I drank about 2 drinks (usually vodka mixers) per night. I switched to wine spritzers which I make with about 3 oz of white or red wine + 3 oz of diet 7-up + ice and it is really refreshing. I usually only have one of those a night but on the weekends, I may have 2-3.

@theslightedgeforever I actually drank a decent amount of water yesterday: I kind of cheated and put Mio in my water though, but whatever, I drank (2) 26 oz bottles of water. How did you do?

Hi everyone! I have some good news about my bathroom. The plumber came yesterday and installed the plumbing. The caulking needs to dry and the drywall/painter guy is coming today at 3 to finish painting so we won't be able to actually take a shower until probably Saturday, but we are so close to being able to take a shower in our own home I'm so excited!

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Yayyyy your life is almost back to normal again. I know that the first shower you take is going to be a long one! :grin: Great advice for the wine spritzers. I love how refreshing they are. I've been using white wine but I have a bottle of red in the fridge and might see how I like that mixed with either a Diet Coke or flavored seltzer. :)

@its_cleo, Ohhhhh I LOVE that puzzle!! It looks really fun. :grin I think focusing on drinking less is so important. I come from a family where drinking has been a major issue and I had a real battle in my younger years. I now limit any drinking to no more than one day a week and I really try to monitor the amount. So, keep it up and your motivation to exercise and eat better will come back. I for one think you getting 2 hours of movement a day is incredible. :)

@theslightedgeforever The problem with Shingles which can be very painful is that you can also develop something called Postherpetic Neuralgia which is a real nightmare of pain. My DH’s mother developed that and he watched her living in agony so the vaccine was important for him to get. My fasting has been OK but I need to tighten it up. See below. ;)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Oh goodness, I am so sorry to read about all the damage your area received from the wind. That must have been so scary! I’m glad that you still have your power. I feel for all those who don’t and have to deal with the summer heat. I once went for several days in the summer with no power after a hurricane when I lived in Florida. It was miserable. Yeah, DH got the new Shingle shot and the side effects are bad but so is suffering from Shingles. If you and your DH do get it, I advise you to take turns so you can take care of each other. ;)

Good morning! Well, I didn’t gain any weight this week, which is good, but I only lost 0.2 lbs. So pretty much a bust. :/ There are two factors that I think are happening. One is that I’m still eating too much when I do break my fast. I don’t want to count calories and I don’t want to have to eat a certain diet, but that also means that I can’t go eating as much as I want, and the quality of my food needs to improve. Since moving my mom in I have been cooking a lot more “comfort” like food because that is what she likes. Stuff like hotdogs, casseroles, etc. So, I’m going to clean up our menu and cut out the overly processed dinners. She doesn’t need to eat like that either and she will learn to adapt if she wants me to continue cooking for her. :p And I have also been drinking wayyyy more coffee and less water than I should. That is something I can easily fix. So, I just need to stay focused. I still have half the month left to reach my Onderland goal and I’m going to do it!! B)
  • its_cleo
    @trooworld those drinks sound refreshing! I just want to cut down. I've done ok with it except as I said it has made me lax in other areas. But one thing at a time. Yay for having a bathroom and shower!

@TeresaW1020 yeah I might glue that puzzle and hang it up when I'm done. Great on the loss- down is better than up! You're goos at finding new approaches so I know you can make it work.

Met all my goals yesterday- tracked cals and stayed under. Got my 2 hours of movement in inc mobility.

Today I did half my goals lol. Tracking good, but only got one hr of movement, no mobility. Partly work and I had to pick up groc. Will try again tomorrow.

This weekend I have to finish booking my trip to BC. I bought flights but that's it. I go for a week Aug 29.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2020
    @mswatson0777 Food was awful on Thursday but I tracked every bite. I wasn't stress eating, I was just eating. Although today I was either yelling at people or wanting to cry so I think hormones have something to do with it. It made me think, do the hormones cause the eating or does the eating cause the hormones? I will be focusing on my water and bumping my calorie burn up to 225.

@trooworld Now I'm going to have to look up The Rosie Project. If Mio makes you guzzle more then use it. Don't ask about my water. It went along with the food the last two days but my movement was kick-@ss today. Soon your bathroom will be done.

@its_cleo Cute puzzle. Yaay on meeting all your goals. Good for you for working on your drinking goal. Sounds like you are progressing. I can't work on all my goals at once so I had to pick and choose. That sounds like what you are doing. When you get in a good place with your drinking goal, then progress on to food. Glad I'm not the only one with gigantic pics. Maybe it's for the older folks on this board. :D I love Nicholas Sparks but haven't read him in years. He gives me the warm fuzzies. Are any of us normal?

@teresaw1020 Well, you know what is not working which is good so that you can start tweaking it little by little. I still like my comfort foods so I'm learning to eat less of them. Evidently on Thursday I forgot that little piece of info. But I'm trying to add more veggies. Thanks for the shingles info.

So Thursday I'll just give you the horror total: Green Day Went Over 370/238 :o:o:o Movement: rest day

Yellow Day: Went Over 193/164 Intentional Movement: 52+44 min walk

August goals: Green dot day :( Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yes! And yes, actually we have to take a bath until the painting is done. All that was done Friday was the texturing on the wall. The painting still needs to be done and I don't want the steam to make the walls too wet for them to paint. ;) Yeah, I use either red or white and love them both equally. :) I've never mixed with Diet Coke, I'll have to try that. It sounds like you know what you need to change to make the scale move. Too bad it's getting rid of those tasty comfort foods lol! I can testify to the power of drinking enough water. I think it helped me get a loss this week.

@its_cleo They totally are. Especially when it's hot! :D Yes, I am going to enjoy that bath I take so much this morning. ;) Congrats on meeting all of your goals, WTG!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I really liked it. They are going to turn it into a movie. Well, at least you moved your butt!!! Try again today. My water was outstanding yesterday which was a good thing.

Hello all. In about an hour, I'm going to take my very first bath in the tub! I'm so excited. But I'm even more excited to tell you that, even though I was over -60 Weekly WW Points this week, I lost 1.8 lbs and am back where I was 2 weeks ago. I can only attribute this to drinking enough water the past 3 days. It was certainly not because of what I've been eating. On another note, my husband and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary today. We are getting food from a fancy restaurant tonight and I know I will use up all of my weekly points on that. But that is what they are there for.

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Woohoo! for your loss. My goal this week is to meet my water goal every day and up my intentional movement to 225 calories. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your bath!

Green Day Stayed OP 221/238 Intentional Movement: 51 min walking

August goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) Preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I'm so happy about the loss! That sounds like a good goal. Thank you re: the anniversary. The bath was glorious! lol

Hello everyone! Well, yesterday wasn't quite as expected: my husband and I were trying to not eat all day to make up for the meal we were going to consume at dinnertime. Guess what happened? We were running around getting stuff for last night and we were starving and shaky from not eating and we had to eat so we stopped at fast food. :( I did not make a good choice. BUT...our dinner was delicious! The restaurant gave us all the instructions we needed to heat everything up and cook the steaks perfectly. They had even given us a playlist for Spotify for music that they play at the restaurant so we could set the atmosphere. I also stopped and bought myself some flowers at a flower shop, my favorite color is purple and I loved this bouquet. Here are a couple of pictures. By the way, the bath was incredible! But I had a hard time getting out of it lol.

COMMITTED.

cl700dqh0tyw.jpg
    1qxn96yizknb.jpg
    eivojxr22oiq.jpg
  • trooworld
    What's missing from these pictures are the brownies with ice cream we had for dessert. ;)
  • its_cleo
    @trooworld wow that all looks beautiful! Love the flowers. And I love the plates with the design. So cool. It looks great. I never think going without food all day is good, so I'm glad if you weren't feeling too hot you listened to your body.

And congratulations on your anniversary!

@theslightedgeforever well we all have those days. At least you kept tracking. I have been - not over eating but can't say no to the snacking lately. I made a mistake of buying some snack size treats but then I eat 3 of them lol.

Well yesterday I went for a bike ride and fell. Not too bad- it could have been much worse but I didn’t meet all my goals because of it. The fall was my own fault. There is a route I take I'm very familiar with. Part of it is side street with a lot of 4 way stops & not super busy on weekends.

So I'm dumb but a lot of times I sail through. I go pretty fast. I do look for traffic both sides but I never thought about how I could stop if I had to. So I was going pretty fast and I approach stop sign fast, see van to the right. Technically I was maybe at my stop sign 30 secs before him so I should have had right away. If I had kept going I probably would have been safe. But it's like in a flash of seconds, I see us both approaching the intersection almost simultaneously, & I was zooming. So instinct takes over and I slam on the brakes.

The bike was pretty good at stopping, my body was not. I went over the handlebars. I landed mostly on my hands. I have a gash on one hand and some bruises today. Yesterday my head was pounding after bc I think the force went up my arms into my neck.

Anyway I was very lucky and learned my lesson to go slower and- Stop signs mean Stop!

So I ordered pizza for dinner yesterday bc cooking seemed too much, and I didn’t get in as much exercise as I wanted.

But this week I am continuing with building up my cardio- I’m up to 4 km walks every day. I can do 60 stairs now, so my tendon is slowly healing. 20 mins of mobility work. And bike every other day.

Those are my goals this week.
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo Thanks! It was delicious. I'm so sorry you fell! That sounds very traumatic. If you are hurting in a day or two, maybe you should go to the doctor just to be safe? Be gentle with yourself. <3

@theslightedgeforever My water wasn't good yesterday at all. :/ Maybe 25 oz. I hope better today.

Hello everyone. Not too much going on here. I'm going into the office today. I hope it goes by quickly.

COMMITTED.