What's for dinner? (I may or may not steal your recipes lol)

Replies

• Pittgirl3 wrote: »

Quichecake?! That sounds incredibly interesting. Can you message me a recipe?

Check your inbox!

I love to talk food.

Today was Hot Italian Beef sandwiches for lunch, and curried lamb meatballs with spinach and cashews in a korma sauce for dinner, with naan and rice.
  • Sunday's food: Lunch is what I call Mexiwraps; beans, rice, taco meat, whatever you like wrapped up into a tortilla and eaten out of hand. I logged chips but didn't eat them. Huh.
    Dinner will be eggs, turkey sausages, tater tots, and an English muffin with butter and jam. I could have a waffle with sugar-free syrup for the same calorie price, but I don't want it. My girlfriend's having one though.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yesterday boiled shrimp, corn and red potatoes in Old Bay seasoning. Tasty, easy and very low cal. I was not TRYING to have a super low cal meal lol. I went ahead and cooked my portion in a small pot separate from the family's. Approximately 8 oz of shrimp, 4 oz of potatoes and 3 oz of corn and it ended up being a pile of food on my plate when it was done. But the shrimp is SO lean/low cal...
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    I keep it simple:
    Shrimp
    Cabbage
    Bell peppers/brown rice
  • brankaabbada
    brankaabbada Posts: 29 Member
    maroccan couscous with lamb and veg
  • Tonight is Hunan chicken: Chicken cubes cooked with garlic and ginger and red pepper, heat to suit us, and steamed broccoli and either white rice or caulirice, depending.
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Big 4oz patty of lean organic ground beef, mixed with steak sauce and chopped onions. Topped off with a diced tomato and some fat free cheddar cheese. Buns not invited.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I am grilling Arrachera Marinated Skirt Steak. Grilled Potatoes with butter and garlic and steamed french green beans.

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,420 Member
    Huge green salad with canned tuna fish and Patti LaBelle Mac n cheese for the man of the house
  • burgerqueen20
    burgerqueen20 Posts: 7 Member
    Cold King prawns marinated in lime and chilli With cous cous seasoned with EVO and coriander , avocado, grated carrot, sweetcorn, cucumber, rocket/watercress salad and pomegranate seeds! Its sooo good in the summer! Sometimes I used feta in place of the avocado.
    *chefs kiss*
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Portobella Mushrooms filled with Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes and Feta.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Pan seared Salmon with lemon butter green beans
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Cheesy taco pasta 🤷‍♀️ Probably not the healthiest but its tasty!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Tonight is jerk chicken w/ cilantro-lime rice & corn on the cobb.

Chicken is marinated in a mix that includes: pineapple juice, white onion, green onions, lemon juice, allspice, nutmeg, coarse ground pepper, soy sauce, garlic, habanero peppers, cinamon, brown sugar. I may be forgetting something. All of that is chopped up, poured over chicken breast pieces that have been salted/peppered. Then will cook the chicken tonight in a skillet on the stove top.
  • We had beef marsala with orecchiette pasta and pan-seared asparagus, finished with butter, cracked black pepper, and sea salt. (I didn't have asparagus because I don't like it; Boyfriend didn't have pasta because he's low-carb.)
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Smores.... And a protein shake

Now that is a supper !
  • Supper was supposed to be roasted chicken and dressing and gravy with green beans. Now, this is normally not that hard to do; I have the chicken roasted, carved into portions, and frozen in a pan with broth. I also have the dressing (I usually do it in muffin cups to portion it) ready in the freezer.

Except I forgot to get the chicken out til 3 pm for a 5 pm dinner, and I didn't have the stuffing made. So I swapped Thursday and Wednesday, put the chicken in the fridge, and made spaghetti and meatballs instead. I'll make stuffing tomorrow morning when it's cool and then I can just warm things up in the microwave later in the day.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Two hamburger patties with one slice of cheese halved on each one with peas, and bakec lays chips. I really like this meal 😝 I know beef gets a bad name, but I just squeeze it in my macros and it hasn't stalled my weight loss. The chips were a treat my hubby got for me on date night I squeeze in my macros too 🐥
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Tonight was turkey meat sauce over zucchini and summer squash with salad. I started paleo a month ago and luckily like this a lot, most of my recipes I can't use anymore!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I made chicken Quesadillas for dinner last night. only 325 calories. I used a low carb tortilla, light sour cream, regular cheese (I can't make this change!!). It was delicious and filling.

Tonight is probably take out unless I can convince hubby to make something. I have a medical procedure today and I don't expect to be able to do much standing afterwards.