WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »

MRI showed no masses or tumors so guess all my worry over the blocked feeling in my ear must be related to Old Age. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA

Carol Great news! Have you been to an ear doctor?

Rebrecca That dish sounds delicious! I love sauteed red onions.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Been super busy today. Consolidated all my bills and did wash. But have this for you all:

Today is August 18, 2020
    national Coffee Day -Norway
    Bad Poetry Day - Worldwide
    Day of the Rolled up Pants- US
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I did quite a bit of work around the house today.. which has been a wreck ,just no gumption to so much of anything.. but blew the leaves from the patio which came down in the storm... got some of my room cleaned up and my laptop set up again.,got garbage and recycling out to the dumpster and got some of the kitchen picked up...
    Have Taliah today... and she is being her usual 12 yr old self..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Rita - The coffee in Norway is not brilliant, but you can refill your cup. :D

Lisa - Thank you for the thumbs up! Lovely to be appreciated. I'm not exactly sure what I've done to deserve it, but I'll take it. :D

Barbara, Carol, Glad the health worries are diminishing. Getting older isn't for wimps. >:)

Made an appointment with a different sanding company for Thursday estimate. The one we previously tried has gone out of business I think! This one is just around the corner. Google filled in the old wrong address for me on Checkatrade and I didn’t notice, so she thought I was 75 miles away instead of just around the corner. Ooops!
    She said they could move furniture for an extra fee.
    Also got a butcher's delivery tomorrow. They have actually reopened at last, but it's easier to just ring up and they deliver. Especially as I want 12 skinned and boned chicken thighs in 3 separate packets. That will take them a few minutes! Also 2 lamb neck fillets, 2 veal escalopes. Plus frozen chicken livers, but they come in a pot. :) They are just around the corner and happy to have survived lockdown. They delivered throughout.

I go to a small supermarket about once in two weeks, if that. Our small shops have most things, including organic veg and artisan bread, with only one or two masked people in there. I have a bigger delivery on Saturday from Waitrose, with a few of their special items unobtainable locally. I am addicted to their charcoal grilled artichokes. B) And their buffalo mozzarella from the wilds of Hampshire where we used to live.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »

MRI showed no masses or tumors so guess all my worry over the blocked feeling in my ear must be related to Old Age. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA

Carol Great news! Have you been to an ear doctor?

Rebrecca That dish sounds delicious! I love sauteed red onions.

I have just started using red onions in my coleslaw, my egg salad sandwiches, my pan meals, my soups, and my tacos! It really bumps up the flavor!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Got my groceries picked up. I have berries, but no yogurt.....good thing daughter was heading to different store for her family. She said she would see if they had it for me.😉 My son in law will just bring to shop tomorrow. I will go to chewy and order dog food. Oh, I have cream cheese but no bagels......oh well. I can't wear a mask and our governor has said shields are not acceptable, so I make sure with what I can click list. Oh, maybe i can make zucchini bread tonight, then i will have something for my cream cheese 😁

My husband's sister has had a rough couple of years and even tougher couple of months. It is sad, but today I thought it would make a great country song... husband slept with(former) best friend, mom got sick and died, close friend died, now dog died. It really has been tragic, but is beginning to sound like a country song. Oh, she just bought Mom's old Corvette. I knew if she didn't my husband would have.

Someone made a comment about too much furniture (sorry on phone and can't look back) We have TOO MUCH furniture!!! Heck, we have 5 china cabinets alone. I would get rid of most of them but husband has too many keep things. I keep thinning mine out. Fall is coming which equals hunting season which equals more downsizing of my stuffs! He gets upset when I get rid of things. SMH!

He is out of his appointment. More later!

Kylia in Ohio hoping the freezer bag kept things cold!

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »

Got my groceries picked up. I have berries, but no yogurt.....good thing daughter was heading to different store for her family. She said she would see if they had it for me.😉 My son in law will just bring to shop tomorrow. I will go to chewy and order dog food. Oh, I have cream cheese but no bagels......oh well. I can't wear a mask and our governor has said shields are not acceptable, so I make sure with what I can click list. Oh, maybe i can make zucchini bread tonight, then i will have something for my cream cheese 😁

My husband's sister has had a rough couple of years and even tougher couple of months. It is sad, but today I thought it would make a great country song... husband slept with(former) best friend, mom got sick and died, close friend died, now dog died. It really has been tragic, but is beginning to sound like a country song. Oh, she just bought Mom's old Corvette. I knew if she didn't my husband would have.

Kylia in Ohio hoping the freezer bag kept things cold!

We put cream cheese on toast and dab some jam/jelly on it. Quite tasty. I also put it in cloud eggs.

I also just found a recipe for apple cider loaf bread that I will be making before the weekend. Also great with cream cheese. :smiley:

Wow, your SIL sure has had a country song come true. Poor gal. Best wishes to her and the family.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Michele - Sourdough making online course. "Learn the art of making sourdough with this super cheap virtual course" https://mashable.com/shopping/aug-18-sourdough-bread-and-pastry-course-sale/

Obviously, I am perusing cooking websites. I'm looking for recipes that can be eaten easily on a boat with some wave action. Ideas welcomed.

Tina in CA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💙💚💛
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did the firm Maximum Cardio DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a spinning workout.

Kylia – leo and aubrey…AWWWWW Speaking of chewy: that reminds me of a meme we saw. There’s a UPS truck where the driver is looking for a package. Then you see a dog rared up on the bumper saying “it’s a package that says ‘Chewy’ on it”

Went in the pool, made chocolate bran muffins, started cleaning since Jess left (you know how it is – bed made, sheets and blankets washed, that sort of stuff. Plus, she had her computer and stuff in the back bedroom so that room needs to be cleaned, too. Basically, got that room in order.), had dinner, now here

Tracey
    – I miss the free samples, too. So many times I’ve bought something since I was able to try it and I knew that someone will like it.

Carol GA – yippee! For your results

Anne DE
    – I’m so happy for you that your date worked out so well

So Portland, Oregon was almost named Boston!

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)