(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    WEEK THREE: Ashley

Surgery day tomorrow to remove this evil cyst from my ovary. Hoping that I am not layed up for too many days. If everything goes as planned he said only 1-2 days recovery. But not sure how long before I can do extensive exercises again. Bought lots of low cal snacks this weekend in case I start munching in while laying in bed. at least I will be munching on healthy stuff!! crossing my fingers that I can stay on track and focused. feeling good about it...gotta stay optimistic!!!! :happy:

I hope everything goes well. You're in my thoughts & prayers!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 362
    Last Week's Weight: 359.8
    Current Weight: 358.2
    Difference: -1.6
    Christmas Goal Weight: 330
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: Not a whole lot.
    Highes of last week: I got back to my routine with food.
    Lows of last week: Wasn't a whole lot of exercise to be had - I'm still unpacking!
    How to Improve (the lows): No more excuses! Gotta work and unpack. Its so possible!
    Tips or Tricks: I gotta make a plan and stick to it!
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    WEEK THREE: Melissa

Challenge Starting Weight: 172.6#
    Current Weight: 174.2#
    Difference: +1.6 =(
    Christmas Goal Weight: 149#
    Current Size: 14
    Goal Size: 10
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 0
    Highs of last week: Quite frankly, there were no highs. Last week was all a complete loss for me.
    Lows of last week: Lots of lows- too much going on in my work life. Need to figure out how to balance life with eating right. I've been at this for so long and it's so frustrating that I can't get my head where it used to be.
    How to Improve (the lows): Start using the elliptical machine again. The weather is extremely pleasant now, there are no excuses for not working out.
    Tricks: Drink water, cut out the pop. Control eating just for 3 days, after 3 days of clean(er) eating I tend to start to feel good about my weight and progress and then can stick to it. IT'S ONLY 3 DAYS!

Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels, Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!! Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Christina
    Challenge Starting Weight: 261
    Current Weight: 261
    Difference: A big fat ZERO!!!
    Christmas Goal Weight: 245
    Current size: 22W
    Goal size: 18W
    Minutes of Weekly excersise last week: at least 180 minutes
    Minutes of Weekly excersise goal this week: 180 minutes
    High's of last week: I got in 300 minutes of exercise for the week!!!
    Low's of last week: My eating wasn't the best because I had to work with what we had. Payday is Wed, so I'll be able to go shopping lol.
    How to improve: Set a goal to be in bed earlier, I want to start working out in the mornings so I have more time for the family in the evenings.
    Tricks: Surround myself with supportive people, set weekly goals and keep them!!!
  • nikniki
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been on I have been away from work and been using my phone and can't use these things on that app. So on Friday I was at 162. I lost one pound from the last time I wrote. Goal weight 125. My low point was being lazy after going working and going to school all day I didn't feel like working out and I noticed I let myself make excuses for why I shouldn't so I dont. And I dont drink enough water during the day.

To fix this I am going to do mini goals to help me get motivated to do things I need to and I found a picture of myself I dont like that I plan to make copies of and post around the house. To fix the water issue I am going to carry a water bottle everywhere I go.
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME

1- I have 2 weimaraners (dogs) that I love just as much as people love their real kids and I'm positive I spend just as much money on them. Daycare, spas, treats, toys, natural dog foods, insurance and regular vet routine bills, dental included. Schatze is my blue 4 years old and Leibchen is my albino 5 years old.

2- I have fallen in love with 3 people in my lifetime- all of which are still the loves of my life. My 18 year old nephew and my 15 year old niece. The day they were born I feel like a part of me was as well. And my amazing partner whom after many years I STILL share my home, life and heart with.

3- I do believe that there are some things people are just born to do. I'm a protector and caregiver by nature. I feel like it's always been my "job" to make sure my family and friends were ok and taken care of. It's no suprose that I am also a Police Officer. Its my duty and pleasure to go in everyday to risk my life to save the lives of complete strangers.

4- I bleed ORANGE! I am a Tennessee Volunteer fan and have been since the ripe old age of 2 years old. Pat Summitt is more than an icon to me, she is an inspiration and someone who I have ALWAYS admired and strived to be like.

5- I have the BEST family that anyone could have ever been blessed with. My mom and dad are my heros and my sister is the one constant thing that I have always had in my life. I love them dearly and am so lucky to have them.

6- I am a homebody! I work day end and day out in the public dealing with people and their problems so on my time off- I LOVE to stay home with my family and enjoy our time together. Our backyard is our playland. We run around like nuts playing ball with the pups or just chasing each other in circles- good think we have a privacy fence because Im sure our neighbors would think we were loons!!!

7- I am such an dog lover that it truely hearts my heart more when I deal with a case involving dogs moreso than people. I know thats terrible but it breaks my heart and I cant hardly take it.

8- Fall is my favorite time of year- I LOVE all the Orange (Im sure it because of Tennessee) and the cool breezyness outside. Makes me smile.

9- I am a positive person and smile most of the time. So much that people think Im nuts most of the time. I'm even so nice at work (most of the time :) ) that some people thank me after I give them tickets- then they look and say, "should I be thanking you??" lol it always cracks e up.

10- I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated. No matter the type of house, clothing or how much money is in someoes bank account- people are people to me and all should be treated equal.

11- I love blue eyes- they melt my heart and make me want to stare into them for a really LONG time. I guess is not suprising that my partner has the most beautiful blue eyes Ive ever seen :)

12- Other than my backyard- a cabin tucked away in the Tennessee mountains, in October, with my baby, is my favorite place on earth.

13- I was raised with a good ole country upbringing. I was raised to say yes ma'am and no sir and I still do it today and Im in my 30's. I am the one who will open the door for old folks and help them get their groceries in the car. I have my parents giving nature and heart and will help anyone who needs my assistance- even if its on my day off.

14- I am a control freak and need to be in control of everything!! This is one reason I don't fly- I cant be in control...

15- I was going to play sotball for the Univeristy of Tennessee but tore my knee up my senior year in highschool. This prevented me from doing so. I was so pissed about the injury and about me not playing that I decided not to go to UT.

16- Believes that love knows no color, age, or sex and that it is a good thing no matter what people say.

17- Is not a tv watcher because I feel like it wastes my life away. I would rather play with my pups or just sit outside and look at the beauty of the things that are created by one much greater than any of us.

18- I am ADD and OCD! I like things just so and very clean. I can't sit still for long at all. I need to be moving and getting things done even if it means sweeping and leaf blowing 3 times in one day :) I feel useless if Im just sitting around.

19- I do not know how to relax. I'm guessing 318 has the most t do with that. to relax or just sit around makes me feel like im wasting my life not just time. I would rather do something. Wash a car- mow the lawn, anything other than just sitting around. Ido read though just in very short incriments.

20- I believe in God and his many blessings. I am from a family of many many preachers and gospel singers.

21- Every room in my home has something orange in it even if it is just throw pillow. My wardrobe consists of 50 percent orange and I have about 10 pairs of tennis shoes to match. Yea Im seriously a tennessee addict- its really really out of control.

22- I brush my dogs teeth and rub their paws with lotion and they also get supplements each day to keep them healthy. I love LOVE my pups :)

23- I was hit by a drunk driver while I was on patrol so I make it my mission to get them off the streets. I am glad it was me they hit rather than some poor innocent citizen but I still suffer from severe pain resulting from my neck injury.

24- If I were to win the lottery I would pay off all my familys bills including mine, give them all some for savings and give the rest away and continue to do what I do daily- I love my job and my life. Im very lucky and I know that.

25- Is becoming a MFP addict and I like it :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 - Chani

Challenge Starting Weight: 286

Current Weight: 282

Difference: - 4 pounds

Christmas Goal Weight: 260

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 22

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 60 minutes of exercise, 5 times a week...so 300 minutes.

Highes of last week: generally being on top of things like meal planning and exercise. i felt great about that.

Lows of last week: eating everything in sight over the weekend! yikes!

How to Improve (the lows): if i am going out, have a snack before dinner or order a salad first so i don't eat too much.

Tips or Tricks: also, i can offer to be the DD so i don't consume too many calories in alcohol!
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: ATTENTION:sad: :sad: :sad:

Ladies, I just sat down and looked through our posts so far and we have already lost 13 challengers since our first weigh in!! Come on now, we aren't even to week 4 yet!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!

My weight has been going up the last couple of weeks and then back down and right now it's WAY up :grumble:

THE FACT THAT I AM 1 OF 15 BEAUTIFUL LADIES LEFT IN THIS CHALLENGE (ALREADY) HAS GIVEN ME THE MOTIVATION I NEED. I want to be one of the girls that does the last weigh in at Christmas and has had a SIGNIFICANT loss in the time frame that we've grown to know eachother and build a strong bond.

WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS LADIES!!!

P.S.
    If anyone missed last weeks weigh in and would still like to be a member simply weigh in during next week's (Monday 9/12) weigh in.
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: NO SCALE CHALLENGE:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I have decided that stepping on the scale every morning is doing NOTHING for my motivation. In fact it is bringing me down on a regular basis. The weird part is that if I step on the scale and see a loss i'm still frustrated because "it's not enough."

I have challenged myself to only stepping on the scale on MONDAY MORNINGS from here on out. What does the number on the scale really mean anyway? Truthfully, there are days that I wake up feeling great about how I look and feel in the mirror and then I step on the scale and it's shattered by a gain. I'm sick of letting the scale set the tone for my day everyday.

Who's with me? :drinker:
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: NO SCALE CHALLENGE:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I have decided that stepping on the scale every morning is doing NOTHING for my motivation. In fact it is bringing me down on a regular basis. The weird part is that if I step on the scale and see a loss i'm still frustrated because "it's not enough."

I have challenged myself to only stepping on the scale on MONDAY MORNINGS from here on out. What does the number on the scale really mean anyway? Truthfully, there are days that I wake up feeling great about how I look and feel in the mirror and then I step on the scale and it's shattered by a gain. I'm sick of letting the scale set the tone for my day everyday.

Me!!!!!!!

I hate it also!!!! And I am starting the 30 day shred today and I measured and I am not weighing until it's over! And when I do I may have gained because hopefully my muscles will be stronger -- but hopefully I lose inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So from now on on Monday I am goign to update my measurements. It is going to be so hard to not step on that scale!!!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

I will try!
    I am addicted to standing on the scale but for me it keeps me on track. If I am up a pound then I work out for a little longer and watch what I eat better.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    [/quote]

Me!!!!!!!

I hate it also!!!! And I am starting the 30 day shred today and I measured and I am not weighing until it's over! And when I do I may have gained because hopefully my muscles will be stronger -- but hopefully I lose inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So from now on on Monday I am goign to update my measurements. It is going to be so hard to not step on that scale!!!!!
    [/quote]

Good luck! I know I couldn't not step on the scale! :blushing:
  • MrsBrosco
    Options

I will try!
    I am addicted to standing on the scale but for me it keeps me on track. If I am up a pound then I work out for a little longer and watch what I eat better.

But wouldn't NOT knowing make you push yourself even harder?? Just try it, i'll bet you LOVE it!
  • xjlishey1
    Options

I am definitely with you.. I do exactly what you posted...I know how you feel 110%...I am a recovering scaloholic. together we can overcome this addiction:huh:
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I am still celebrating my birthday (YESTERDAY) so please forgive my tardiness!!

Last weigh in: 317.6
    Current Weight: 315.7
    Difference: 1.9
    Goal Weight: 230
    My motivation: That size 14 pair of jeans

I am so very excited. I want to motivate each of you ladies to keep up the good work!!! I am sorry to hear that we are losing members of this challenge but a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. COME ON YALL....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WEEK Three: Mayra
    Challenge Starting Weight: 230.2
    Current Weight: 221.4
    Difference: -7.4
    Christmas Goal Weight: 199
    Current Size: 18
    Goal Size: 16
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 322 (5hours 36 minutes)
    Highs of last week: I FREAKING LOST 7.4 POUNDS
    Lows of last week: Not as much exercise as the week prior
    How to Improve (the lows): Get more excersice in this week however I know this week is going to be less because I started working out on Wednesday due to traveling.
    Tricks: I have a pair of jeans and a dress on my closet door so every time I go into my room I see them and they make me want to keep at it
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: A pretty turquoise dress that is hanging on my closet door for insperation
  • hperowl
    Options

I am definitely with you.. I do exactly what you posted...I know how you feel 110%...I am a recovering scaloholic. together we can overcome this addiction:huh:

I have become a scalaholic too! So, I'll try not to weigh myself until Monday. This week will be difficult for me because my 3yo daughter is having surgery on her eye tomorrow and we will be out of town for the next two days. I'm not sure what will be available to eat or if I'll have the chance to work out. But I promise not to weigh until Monday.

9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hperowl
    Options
    WEEK Three: Mayra
    Challenge Starting Weight: 230.2
    Current Weight: 221.4
    Difference: -7.4
    Christmas Goal Weight: 199
    Current Size: 18
    Goal Size: 16
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 322 (5hours 36 minutes)
    Highs of last week: I FREAKING LOST 7.4 POUNDS
    Lows of last week: Not as much exercise as the week prior
    How to Improve (the lows): Get more excersice in this week however I know this week is going to be less because I started working out on Wednesday due to traveling.
    Tricks: I have a pair of jeans and a dress on my closet door so every time I go into my room I see them and they make me want to keep at it
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: A pretty turquoise dress that is hanging on my closet door for insperation

7.4 POUNDS!!! THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME! SUPER PRIZE FOR MOST WEIGHT DROPPED DURING THE WEEK! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options

I will try!

But wouldn't NOT knowing make you push yourself even harder?? Just try it, i'll bet you LOVE it!

Maybe we will have to see
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Me!!!!!!!

I am here tooooo!!! I am a big fatty after vegas :(