NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay on the scale moving. What do you like the most about BOD?

@trooworld Yes, I do the 100 day books with 2 others and then we discuss it daily via Marco Polo. It's nice having someone else's perspective on the same bit of reading as we are all different. Some of their answers spur me on to higher thinking. I'm sure some of that extra weight is from sodium. So be extra vigilant and it will come off this next week. Congrats on the mattress.

@cbabie So what is one thing you would like to change about your routine? You can't change it all right now but you can change one thing. Remember that book? Hooray for the maintain and the treadmill. You describing meds made me think, basically you are dad. :D I was thinking about vancamp the other day and started laughing cause it reminded me about band camp and the girl who would always say, and this one time at band camp......I loved those movies. Although not your cup of tea. ;) I'm sitting here trying to figure out why it's called a rub if you put in under your tongue. :mrgreen:

My biggest problem this week was that I didn't track consistently. So as I advised @trooworld I will be working on being extra vigilant this week. I'm going to track everyday. I'm going to be working on strength training four days. I bought tennis balls today. I'm going to hit them against the garage for some extra calorie fun.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope the mattress will give you a great night's sleep and help your body feel better. I know you are mad at yourself for the weight gain. But I also know that you are determined to get it off and you will! :)

@cbabie Good for maintaining your weight and getting on the treadmill. Have fun teaching that little girl to stay in her own bed. ;)

@theslightedgeforever What I like best about BOD is the variety of the workouts that they have. I didn’t know that I would like to follow a trainer as much as I do but it really does help me to push myself. I have so much more strength and flexibility than I was when I was just walking on the treadmill. Have fun with your tennis balls. :grin

Good morning! Mom and I went to JC Penny’s again yesterday now that their clothes are 50% or more on sale. I bought a cute shirt, a lightweight jacket, and socks. I’m taking DH there today to look for jeans for him and I just might walk him past the purses and show him what a great deal I can get. ;) I’m excited to go to church this morning and teach children’s church. I haven’t done that since last March so it will be lots of fun. I have planned a lesson on faith over fear with lots of class participation. OK, I got to go get my workout done and get ready. Today is cardio and I’m sure the trainer will hurt me good. :#
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you maintained, at least you didn't gain! That's too bad your FitBit was dead. Did it just need charging? Thanks, if I do try it, I'll find something locally, there are stores all over here. I know you (and me and everyone here!) are heading in the right direction. It's just a matter of time! Thanks I'm glad we got the mattress, too. It's going to take about 2 weeks to get here, they had to order it. I hope the weight comes off. I need to really put in the effort this week.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I can see where that would be helpful to have people to discuss it with. I hope some of this weight is sodium. I do have to really try this week. :/ Thanks re: the mattress. I hope it helps. The tennis balls against the garage sound fun.

@TeresaW1020 Me too! :) Thank you, I do hope that I can get this off. I'm so disappointed. Wow, that's a great sale at Penny's. I hope church goes well and that you have a good day!

Hi all. I'm feeling much better today. I hope to do some meal prep but it's always tricky because my husband goes to his brother's and I have to pick him up 2-3 hours later which doesn't give me much time to meal prep. I'll try. Maybe I can at least cut up the veggies for the meals. That would help. I tried to make my menu pretty simple this week because I didn't know how my back would feel. I'm using my air fryer (Ninja Foodi on air fryer setting) a lot. Here is what I'm making. I've linked the recipes, just click on the recipe title to go to the recipe:

SWEET ‘N’ SPICY SRIRACHA-GLAZED SALMON (if you want this recipe, ask, it's not published online) + roasted broccoli
    Pressure Cooker Japanese Curry
    Crispy Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
    Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan (if you want this recipe, ask, it's not published online)
    Avocado and Lump Crab Salad
    2-Ingredient Dough Pepperoni Pizza (if you want this recipe, ask, it's not published online)

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yeah stability is important too. I have a real fear of having poor mobility when I get older. Mobility, stability- it's the kind of thing where you use it or lose it, gradually. It doesn't even take much, it's just making an effort. My goal right now is 10 mins a day. ...I didn't realize you did your books with others, I thought it was a solo project. That's nice to have some support!......Yay strength training! One of my favourite things, holy smokes I miss it.

@TeresaW1020 I heard Tempur-Pedic was good. Maybe I'll check it out when I need a new mattress. ....congrats on the loss, and it's great you can do your lessons with the kids again! ....The app stuff sounds interesting. I still don't have any idea what to do about gyms or programs.

@trooworld that's a pain, I don't see why you would need to wear a mask if no one is around. I'm still remote but I was mostly before anyway. Still I don't know what my org is going to do.

@cbabie I'm glad the CBD oil works, I've heard it can be really helpful. Congrats 25 min on treadmill!

@trooworld those recipes look great! Salmon is about the only fish I eat these days. I never buy Sriracha sauce though.

Well with my goals this week:

- I did exercise 7 hours, so about an hour a day.
    - mobility stuff like 3 out of 7
    - tracked like 5 /7

So I would like to improve all of that this week.

I still have to go shopping for my trip bc I didn;t get to. I leave next Sat so sometime this week I have to make a quick run to the mall.

Had breakfast with my brother and his family and it was difficult so I'm glad it's over.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Yeah, I think viewing different YouTube videos, I like some trainers and I don't like some other ones. Some is due to only their voice. lol I'm currently going to start a Jillian Michaels routine that I did probably 15 years ago. But it's just from a book. I hope you had fun teaching your children since I know how much you like that.

@trooworld So I got all my water in today. Woot Woot. How about you? Hubby has been playing bounce the tennis ball and catch it with my mil. She really likes it and I think good eye/hand coordination practice for her and her mind has to stay active. So win/win. Dh has to run all over and chase her balls though. He ends up sweating saying it's a good workout. Maybe I should do that with her. lol

@its_cleo In one of my books today it was talking about "no more zero days". If you have goals and do anything towards the goal then you get it a 1 versus not working on it at all saying, I'll do it tomorrow which you get a zero. Just do something towards the goal. Versus how a lot of us think which is if I don't do and complete this goal exactly as planned instead of a 10 I get a zero. All those little things we do add up. Some days we do more, some days we do less, but we're doing them. You made the effort with your brother. That counts. New clothes for a trip sounds exciting.

Red Day- Stayed OP 67/100 Intentional Movement: Rest day but walked around the house to increase my steps

August goals: green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) burn 225 cals via movement *** preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo Yeah it is. I guess they figure someone might pop in my office? I don't know. You could leave out the Sriracha for sure or you could substitute another hot sauce, it's only 1 Tbsp. I made the recipe last night, it was really good. I made some broccoli with it. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it:

1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
    2 T honey
    1 T rice vinegar
    1 T Sriracha Sauce (or to taste)
    1 T grated fresh ginger
    1 T minced garlic
    1 lb wild salmon fillet cut into 4 (4-oz) pieces
    1 1⁄2 t sesame oil
    2 T finely chopped scallions for garnish

In a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, Siracha, ginger, and garlic. Add the salmon, toss to coat evenly, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, turning the fish once.

Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving the marinade. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly and add the salmon. Cook until one side of the fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side browns, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook until the fish is cooked through, 4-5 minutes.

Place salmon on serving plates and sprinkle with scallions.

@its_cleo Yay for doing well with your goals. Sorry your breakfast with your brother was difficult.

@theslightedgeforever Great job! I did better than usual, I might have even gotten all my water in myself. Yeah, that sounds like a win/win for you, too! You should! :) Looks like you are "in the zone" again?

Hi all. It was too hot to do meal prep yesterday, it should have been fine, I had the AC running but it wasn't working properly because I wasn't paying attention and the exhaust tube had disconnected and it was just blowing hot air into the house. By the time I got ready to leave to pick up DH, it was 94F in the house! I wondered why it was so hot but I was distracted by reading a book. Ah, the power of reading! lol

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for sharing the recipe I met my water goal again. I hope you got your AC fixed. Yes, I can get lost in a book.

Red Day- Stayed OP Intentional Movement: 38 min strength training 20 min walk

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 225 cals via movement o:) Preplan day o:)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's great you met your water goal. I didn't but I did pretty good judging by the times I went to the bathroom. :) The AC was an easy fix: I just had to reconnect the hose, no need to get it fixed. User error! :D

Hi all. I really wanted to do some "intentional movement" this week but it's so hot, I'm finding it hard to be motivated. I think I might do it this morning before it gets too hot. I pay a premium to live in cooler weather, why is it letting me down right now? lol Sept is historically some of the hottest days of the year, believe it or not, so my complaining isn't over. :D

COMMITTED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Been awhile. Hope everyone is doing well. Way to much to catch up on. Slowly getting back at it. Summer has been bad for weight gain. Highest I have been in years. And I feel like crap. Baby steps back at it. Then hit it hard after September long weekend. This weeks goals are getting in 75oz of water and hitting my steps. Didn’t quite make water goal yesterday but did hit 52oz but did get my steps in by going for a 6.6 km walk after supper last night
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. Sundays are hard for me and yesterday I started cleaning my desk off and time got away from me. LOL. but my desk is dust free and organized. YEA. I have not been on the TM, been off my schedule, but not giving up. My teeth have been bother me, haven't had ins in over 3 years, but time to go..have an appt tomorrow after work.

gotta get back to work, will try to catch up later.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Track your water today so you know if you met your goal or not. I had another good day and met mine. I'm beginning to get into a routine with it. I have paired it with other activities so I just don't wait and remember to drink. Since it's hot right now, that leaves some indoor YouTube videos, or your bike. Can you do a 5-10 min video? Just do something is my new motto. I hurt all over after strength training for two days. Some shoulder stretching exercises was on the menu for today and those are hard without being unable to lift my arm. So at first I said, Nah, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. But then remembered my motto and said I could do some neck stretches. It doesn't hurt. Remember that Hamilton video I was doing? She just put up a new Mamma Mia one. Can you look through her list and find something you like and do 5-10 minutes of it? She has short ones too. Her name is Kyra Pro on YouTube.

@renaegry I had literally forgotten that Labor Day is coming up. It's all the same to me these days. Good for you for getting in part of your water and all your steps. I finally hit my step goal today. I haven't done that in a while. Let's make this September a productive one. Because before we know it, holiday season will be here and then that brings all kinds of distractions.

@cbabie Yaaay on a clutter free desk. Now time to declutter your body. I've been finding that off schedule in my dayflow plan means off schedule in my food plan. Usually I can do the food but not the exercise but I'm finding the opposite was true last week.

Yellow Day-Stayed OP Stayed OP 123/164 Intentional Movement: 39 min strength training 37 min walk 5 m stretching

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 225 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you got your desk cleaned off. That always makes me feel better. I hope the dentist visit goes okay.

@theslightedgeforever I can tell you that yesterday I drank -0- ounces of water. I did drink some liquids, they just weren't water. It was a bad day. :( I don't know what happened. I did two 10-minute videos yesterday: they were dance videos to the music of Hairspray the musical. Did you post them? They were way above my skill set but I had fun doing them anyway. These Hairspray videos were by her I think, I tried to play the Hamilton video but it wouldn't play. Maybe it got taken down? So I played the Hairspray videos.

Hello everyone! I have to go into the office today. I usually only go in on Mondays but I have to meet with my director about something so in I go today.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I love when my desk is cleaned and organized. It just never seems to last. :grin: I hope the dentist appointment goes well for you.

@renaegry Hey welcome back!! It’s been a very weird summer for us all. Just get back to doing what you know works for you.

@trooworld Ugghhh I feel you not liking the hot weather. Hopefully it will end soon, and we will have a wonderful fall to enjoy. Are you able to ride your bike?

@theslightedgeforever I used to watch the Biggest Loser while walking on my treadmill and I would imagine Jillian in my face telling me to go faster and not quit! :D

Good morning! I am about to head out and watch my girlfriend’s two-year-old son for about an hour. Should be fun…I hope! :grin: I’m sorta working on doing a carb cycling approach with my eating right now. It’s too early to know if it will work but my fingers are crossed. :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 The bike is kind of wonky right now, sometimes something in one of the pedals falls out and you can't ride it. I prefer to do YouTube videos anyway. Have fun babysitting! Good luck with the carb cycling. I hope it works for you.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did get on the TM today, but that's because I forced myself as I ate garbage yesterday. Oh well at least I did one thing..that was a good book by the way. (one thing).

@trooworld I never liked the bike, after I broke my knee and that was my therapy. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 hope you have fun babysitting!! Yea carb cycling sounds good. One thing I am learning. I don't want to not be able to eat something I want/like..so HAVE to make all foods work.

@theslightedgeforever great. job staying OP

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @trooworld Yaaay on doing the videos. It was my cardio day so I did them too. Same one's you did I started with the new Abba one, but didn't really like it because she used the soundtrack from the movie and it didn't keep my interest, but I persevered through. Then switched to Hamilton, but like you said, it had been taken down. Then went on to 90's songs and then Hairspray Part 1. I have to modify alot of her movements but I still get a really good calorie burn from her stuff. Last time, hubby came through and said, you aren't doing it right. I said, I'm doing it. That's the point. You do you, I will do me. I got all my water in today. Let's try again tomorrow. You can do it. One glass at a time.

@teresaw1020 I had those same BL fantasies only mine ended up with me cussing out Jillian and flipping her off. Then she would make me run til I puked. I'm much more of a Bob person. My carb cycling works if I actually do it. I lost 2.6 this week. But that's from a big gain last week, so some of that I know is fluid, but I'm losing.......just keep tweaking your program until you find the sweet spot.

@cbabie yaaaay on the treadmill. Next time stay out of the garbage can. :D How about starting with the time period between waking up and lunchtime. What will you be eating that's healthy. Preplan it in your tracker and then follow it. That "one thing" can also be broken down into time slots. It doesn't have to be if you mess up the day at night, then the whole day gets thrown out. Concentrate on the little successes.

My son and I got my hubby out of the house and took him on a picnic of sorts. I ended up overeating. I was having too good of a time, I guess. But lesson learned.

Green Day- Went Over 313/238 Intentional movement: 39 min YouTube videos

August goals: Green dot day :( Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 225 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you got on the TM then. I don't really like it either. :(

@theslightedgeforever Yeah I just kind of throw my body around because I sure can't mimick what she does! lol But yes, it's still a good calorie burn. That's great that you got in all of your water. I flunked out at water yesterday but that doesn't surprise me: I was at the office yesterday until noon. I will do better today. I promise.! That picnic sounds like fun. I'm sorry you ended up overeating, that would probably be easy to do if you are having fun.

Hi all. My sister-in-law's birthday celebration is Saturday and I'm making a chocolate cake for it. Of course, I can't just make a simple cake. Noooo. I have to order a decorating kit from Amazon, learn how to decorate a cake, AND learn how to make buttercream frosting (not as easy as you would think). I put so much pressure on myself to do everything PERFECTLY because I want to present something nice. grrrrr! We'll see how this turns out. I always do this: I can't do anything 50%...I do stuff 150%.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I've dropped off the face of the planet. The first week of classes means my job is insane, my new grad classes start, and my qualifying exam was due so my head is spinning a bit. I've been trying to make healthy choices during this time. I did have one major binge but after that I think it's been going a lot better. Just focusing on healthy, nutritious, whole foods. I haven't hopped on the scale lately since I can't take any additional stress right now, so I'm just focusing on habits and fueling my body during this stressful time.

@trooworld buttercream frosting is so hard to make! You are impressive to tackle that!

@theslightedgeforever a picnic with family sounds like so much fun. I hope you didn't beat yourself up too much!

@cbabie I hope you felt better after getting some movement in!

@TeresaW1020 I hope babysitting goes well!

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't get on the TM today, I got up late and I junk/stressed food ate yesterday. You would think going to the dentist and getting not so great news...I wouldn't eat that stuff. I have been grinding and now I have 2 cracked teeth...and my gums are showing signs of this as well. I have to figure this out and be firm with myself. Only me myself and I can do this...no one else can take control of me.

@trooworld I laughed at the birthday cake story...I can so see you ordering and baking and running around trying to get it all done. Of course it will come out perfect...but if it doesn't it will still taste awesome LOL

@theslightedgeforever I am so glad you guys got out..made me smile

@mswatson0777 I think its a great idea not to get on the scale right now. it's more about what we put into our systems anyway.!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld My water today was a bust. Let's you and I both work hard on reaching our goals. So reframing your cake issue......I like to try new things and give it my all. Hopefully you will have better sis in laws than mine cause even if it was 100% perfect, they would find something wrong with it. Now I'm like Wonder woman and use my bracelets to ward off their attacks. I just aim them straight back at them. I have been known now to say, Well I guess no cake for you next year and then laugh. I feel so much freer now plus I don't go home and eat my feelings. Can you tell I'm out of my please others at all cost phase and into my Please myself phase. It's all about me right now. Put on my own oxygen mask before taking care of others. The buttercream frosting sounded really good though.

@mswatson0777 I wondered about you the other day. Stay off the scale for a while if that helps. Notice how your clothes are fitting you. It's good that you are committed to healthy habits. None of us would be on this thread if we knew how to handle what life throws at us. Food can be a good escape for the moment but it doesn't help the overall plan.

@cbabie It's amazing how many people I know in the last month have told me about their visits to the dentist and cracked teeth. Everyone seems to be grinding. I already had my two pulled. Still haven't got around to putting in the implants. So how can you create a Plan B for the days you get up late. Exercise doesn't just have to be the treadmill. Yes, I know you like it. But after work.....put the baby in her stroller and go for a walk outside in your neighborhood. Is it hot? yes. Take some water for you and her. But exercise will relieve some of the stress instead of eating and grinding. Don't want to do that? Plan C Do water exercises in the pool. Do you have floaties for the baby? Sunscreen and some nice water fun that counts as exercise. Plan D Drive to a nearby mall and you and her go walk the mall. Plan E Does she have a ball of some kind? Even a stuffed toy would work. Set up a laundry basket a distance away and then you and her take turns throwing the object into the basket. But you have to be the one that runs and retrieves the object from wherever it is and run back to where you are standing. (my dh has been bouncing a tennis ball to my mil and she tries to catch it and bounces it back. The ball goes everywhere and he works up quite a sweat doing this) Aren't you glad you have a nagging sister to come up with these plans for you. :D

Yellow Day-144/164 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

August goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 225 cals via movement **** Preplan food o:)