Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Worked in the garden yesterday. Took my uncle on some errands. Was more active than normal. Knees hurt today but the scales went down so I'm forging ahead and doing housework today. May get back outside to yard work if its not too humid.

This feels good.

Proud of you! My zucchini have taken over my garden! Time to trim the madness!
  • jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Another 1.6 miles logged.....
    These old legs and feet are not happy with the situation, no sir, not happy at all!

Good Job! Your body will get used to it.
  • jm216
    My daughter and I painted her room on my 2 days off. It was pretty dark teal color and at the top of the wall and ceiling it was a pale blue.

After sanding the walls, painting 2 coats of Stain Kilz, and painting 2 coats of white on the walls and ceiling it’s finally done. We did add a light grey accent wall as well.

My body is tired this morning... but it’s totally worth it!

Jill 🎨
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2020
    already worked in outside for 1.5 hours..woohoo
    now to get moving before I get babysitting kids. I watch my two great nieces, 7 and 11 and my great nephew, 5.
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Tomorrow and Monday will be easy going days for me.
    Not too worried about logging (i.e; not going to).
    I am taking the yacht out, going to overnight in Salcombe.
    Get in a bit of fishing and a lot of sailing!.... I may inflict pictures on you all next week!
  • cpnknight
    Scales day today......
    Last week = 332.4
    This week = 330.2

2.2 lbs lost.
    I didn't think that I had lost that much but I am happy to take it.
    Just .3 pounds to reach the mini goal of 329.9 lbs

Now it is time to go sailing....catchoo laters peeps....
  • jm216
    Scales day today......
    Last week = 332.4
    This week = 330.2

2.2 lbs lost.
    I didn't think that I had lost that much but I am happy to take it.
    Just .3 pounds to reach the mini goal of 329.9 lbs

Now it is time to go sailing....catchoo laters peeps....

Way to go! Have fun sailing! ⛵️
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Sunday reality check.

Height 5'4"
    Last week: 207.4
    Today: 206.0
    1.4 lbs lost

I've been stepping on the scale throughout the week and have seen slightly lower numbers so I'm more excited that this check-in warrants :smile:

Focus for this week: daily exercise
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    My daughter and I painted her room on my 2 days off. It was pretty dark teal color and at the top of the wall and ceiling it was a pale blue.

After sanding the walls, painting 2 coats of Stain Kilz, and painting 2 coats of white on the walls and ceiling it’s finally done. We did add a light grey accent wall as well.

My body is tired this morning... but it’s totally worth it!

Jill 🎨

Phew! A lot of work, but I bet it's beautiful. And time with your daughter is a bonus.
  • grandrory
    grandrory Posts: 161 Member
    Weigh-in day, didn't do too good this week.
    PW: 198.2
    CW: 200.3

We've had grandkids this week so I haven't been doing too good on my healthy eating. I was expecting a gain so I'm not too stressed about it but definitely need to get back on the weight loss wagon.
  • eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    It has been a busy 2 weeks for me so I haven’t had much time to post. I have also had less time for my workouts but still managed to get a few short ones in.

PW- 193.5
    CW- 192.3

I am only 1.3 away from my first goal of 191. I am now thinking that my goal of 180 by Thanksgiving just might be achievable 😊. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    today has not been good.
    I DID some yard work this morning. it was humid so I worked up a sweat.

But, had 3 slices of pizza and some alcohol.

Low on water today, really low.

deep breath and finish the evening strong
  • Mmoore2364
    Mmoore2364 Posts: 10 Member
    Glad to see a 1 lb loss this week, I wasn’t sure. Not on my best behavior this weekend but all logged and ready for the week! Hope everyone has had a nice weekend.
  • jm216
    Congrats on those who lost weight this week. For those of us who didn’t, don’t sweat too hard about it. Just a minor bump in the road.

I’ve been dreading about logging a gain, but once I do, I’ll feel better. Here is to a new day, the start of a new week, and a renewed commitment to being healthy and awesome!

Aug
    2— 219.0
    9— 218.1
    16— 216.4
    23—217.7
    30—

Jill☀️
  • cpnknight
    Nothing to do with weight loss but thought I would inflict a couple of photo's from my trip out on to you good people....
    My boat.
    ebme3rtjqqrg.png

Cawsand bay,
    xy1jo21t4db2.png

We didn't get to Salcombe due to my passengers seasickness....so we went up river to Dandy Hole,
    uji1296dr8vb.png

9lvuc4cne8jk.png

It was a great time but I am always shattered when I get home....
    Not sure how many calories I have consumed but it was all totally worth it...
  • eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    Nothing to do with weight loss but thought I would inflict a couple of photo's from my trip out on to you good people....
    My boat.
    ebme3rtjqqrg.png

Cawsand bay,
    xy1jo21t4db2.png

We didn't get to Salcombe due to my passengers seasickness....so we went up river to Dandy Hole,
    uji1296dr8vb.png

9lvuc4cne8jk.png

Very beautiful views you had from the boat. I am one of those who always gets sea sick 🤒 so I can’t enjoy being on the ocean in a boat. I love seeing the photos!! You must have burned quite a few calories sailing. 😊
  • jm216
    eapar507 wrote: »
    My boat.
    ebme3rtjqqrg.png

Cawsand bay,
    xy1jo21t4db2.png

uji1296dr8vb.png

9lvuc4cne8jk.png

Very beautiful views you had from the boat. I am one of those who always gets sea sick 🤒 so I can’t enjoy being on the ocean in a boat. I love seeing the photos!! You must have burned quite a few calories sailing. 😊

Rupert is such a great name for a boat!
    Glad you had fun!!
  • jm216
    u6el4t9sfjc8.jpeg

Forgot to post on Sunday... so here it is!
    It’s always fun to see a new low number on the scale.

Have a wonderful Wednesday friends!

Jill 😁
  • cpnknight
    jm216 wrote: »
    u6el4t9sfjc8.jpeg

Forgot to post on Sunday... so here it is!
    It’s always fun to see a new low number on the scale.

Have a wonderful Wednesday friends!

Jill 😁

Well done Jill, keep up the good work.
  • dietingright
    dietingright Posts: 8 Member
    I weigh 200, am 50 years old, I’m just starting and need encouragement and advice... I have Little energy and find it extremely hard to exercise. But I really want this, I need help