Embarrassing truths

Replies

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    I wear a size 5 in ladies shoes.

you probably get some great clearance discounts tho with them cute lil piggies.

Actually no. Size 5 rarely makes it to clearance and can rarely be found in my area. I usually have to order my shoes online. Often I have to resort to children shoes just to find a pair of sneakers.

I'm a size 3, hard to find shoes at any time.

Had a phone call from my daughter once, she wears the same size and rang me to say she'd managed to get some from our local shop, but, 'don't bother to go mum, I've bought all the ones they had!' It was either two or three pairs.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    So, I've mentioned several times that I suck at spelling and rely heavily on google to be able to type a comprehensible sentence.
    Thanks to @Thetwitchisback I can now spell the word definitely right usually on my first try! (this was one that really frustrated me, because I could type it 5 times and then have to google it in shame)

Another sort of funny example is for years I wrote "dosen't", I wondered why auto predict on my phone didn't fill it in for me?
    Well duh, it's not a word! Smarter than me phone recognized this!

One of my co workers gently pointed it out to me on all my hand written notes around the office. Made me laugh to realize, I just didn't see the reversed letters.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    So, I've mentioned several times that I suck at spelling and rely heavily on google to be able to type a comprehensible sentence.
    Thanks to @Thetwitchisback I can now spell the word definitely right usually on my first try! (this was one that really frustrated me, because I could type it 5 times and then have to google it in shame)

Another sort of funny example is for years I wrote "dosen't", I wondered why auto predict on my phone didn't fill it in for me?
    Well duh, it's not a word! Smarter than me phone recognized this!

One of my co workers gently pointed it out to me on all my hand written notes around the office. Made me laugh to realize, I just didn't see the reversed letters.

You're not alone. There's this paragraph out there that's riddled with typos that's supposed to show how people only really pay attention to the first and last letters of a word? First and last words in a sentence/paragraph?

Like I totally didn't realize you wrote "dosen't"!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    I have no idea how hashtags work

I don't see "hashtag", I see "pound".. Makes the #metoo movement really awkward.. ..

I don't see "hashtag" or "pound", I see "number sign".

#showingmyage
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

I don't see "hashtag", I see "pound".. Makes the #metoo movement really awkward.. ..

#showingmyage

I rarely see "number sign". In stead I routinely see the "shebang".
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member

#showingmyage

i see a design based minimalist expressionism with perpendicular & vertical lines reminiscent of piet mondrian, while the stark black & white color palette are a nod to the work of pop artists using monochrome

And the "bang"? What do you see?
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited August 2020

#showingmyage

i see a design based minimalist expressionism with perpendicular & vertical lines reminiscent of piet mondrian, while the stark black & white color palette are a nod to the work of pop artists using monochrome

And the "bang"? What do you see?

i see punctuation used to denote excitement or exclamatory circumstances, very current addition that elevates the work beyond derivative
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member

#showingmyage

Also known as a tic tac toe board
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    I thought I fell in love once with someone on the internet.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    For Ivanka... 😍

I'd switch teams, and build the wall myself 😂...
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.

Pictures like this make me all gooey-hearted and go awwww....
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.

As they should!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.

As they should!

Yea, it would be weird to not go awww.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    My ex banned me from cooking because one time I left my ramen soup cooking so long when I came back the noodles melted and all that was left was broth

Honestly it could have been worse. One of my kids had the fire department here over a bowl of ramen. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I was a late bloomer. Never dated in high school. Didn't start drinking until after I graduated. Learned to ride a bike at 25. Never flew until I was 54.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    I totally like feet 🙈😂... There I said it...

I see nothing wrong with this.

I have a thing for quads. :)
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I was a late bloomer. Never dated in high school. Didn't start drinking until after I graduated. Learned to ride a bike at 25. Never flew until I was 54.

2/4 of those are the same for me. But which ones... 😏. Hint: I’ve only ever kissed one person and that person also introduced me to drinking. (Okay, I had had drinks before then but I never got drunk until I was 24).

Sometimes it makes me feel weird and sometimes I don’t care. Other days it makes me feel like I grew up wrong, on hard days it makes me wonder if I missed out on experiences. Funny what embarrasses one and not another hey?