WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Linda in Northen Ontario, Welcome!

Barbara, The neuropsych testing for my spouse is in 2 months.

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    It's Friday, ladies! <3

Barbara - glad Joe's eye is on the mend and he's regaining eyesight. Whew! :) I never thought to look on Etsy for face shields and masks, I like that one attached to a bucket hat.

Debbie - a 3D printer is a great idea for making one of those "lipstick guards". I'm going to loosen the ear loops on some of the fabric ones I've made, plus I dug out an old pair of glasses with a much narrower lens that sits higher on my nose. Maybe I won't have to "Mr. Magoo" it this fall, lol.

Rebecca - when we moved in here, there was a propane insert. It did a good job of heating the living room. I think it will be a money saver for you in the long run and the flames are mesmerizing. ;)

Faye - I forgot to mention, I picked up a bottle of Everclear, 190 proof. :p I need to round up a little bottle with a pump and try out your formula. I think I have a hand sanitizer one already that is nearly empty.

I went out last evening and gave the greenhouse hornets a squirt. Hopefully that will end their idea of building a nest in there. That's where I got stung last year. :s

Hurricane Laura - I heard from a friend who lives around 40 miles north of Lake Charles - her house lost a few tiles off the roof and there are trees down on the road, but otherwise everything OK. She said it could have been much worse and of course they'll be cleaning up for a month.

Make it a great day <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

When I was making the masks first I used elastic that tied behind the head(none are behind the ears unless special order, like I need to do today), when I ran out of elastic I switched to ribbon. Again, behind the head. I use one of those all the time- not as tight on my face as the elastic or the third version is the long ones that wrap all the way to the back and fasten with velcro.
    For fabric, I have been going to our local thrift store and buying super soft sheets and pillow cases. I got one set that is a knit but not thick that is super soft and used a little boys tshirt for the front of it- husband wanted Spiderman and Iron man. He only likes the velcro ones- he said those two are the most comfortable.
    Sheets cost about $2-3 for queen size/king size. Last night I picked up a thin table cloth and a scrub top for Christmas fabric.Fabric at the store IF you can find what you want has gotten so expensive-Not paying $20 a yard for masks that I have to order online- we don't have any fabric stores in town, haven't been in Walmart in months- still crazy over there. Our new Hobby Lobby in the next town has never received any of the Marvel/DC/Disney fabric.
    I never thought I would still be making masks. Now I will start making fall and winter ones.

Debbie
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Elliptical - 72 min/431 cal
    Yardwork - picking up stones, brushcutting, 92 min/694 cal
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Up at 4 am for the drive in!😑😑
    Made a peanut butter, butter and honey sandwich for the day. I know, but butter and peanut butter is magical.💖
    Have a good day my friends.💖
    I will maybe connect on the Univ of Washington's Medical Wi-Fi.👍
    💖Rebecca
    On walkabout.

oh, peanut butter is my weakness- forget the bread- I love to mix up peanut butter and honey or now I have my home made nectarine jam I will use that once in a while but honey is best- mix in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.
    I bought the PB2 powder and use it occasionally (whipped cream, PB2powder, powdered hot coco mix all mixed together on graham cracker, make a sandwich out of it and freeze- a great ice cream sandwich substitute that even the guys really love) but don't think about using it with my honey.

Debbie
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Linda ... Welcome back! Good to see you.

Lanette ... I have not tried those plastic contraptions for the masks ...

Pip ... Yogi seems to be enjoying his new surroundings!

Margaret ... there really are no words. Thank you for the reminders of what we shouldn't do and what we could do... You are in my continued prayers.

Rebecca ... peanut butter and butter? Hmm. I'm not sure about that one... The honey, however, I get.

Lisa ... interesting that you can capture a moment so well in words and then not remember it later. I can see where that would be disconcerting, even draining, to the writer, but it is a gift to the reader ...

Beth near Buffalo
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    FAYE:

Thank you for telling your story. Both events must have been a terribly tragic times for you and my heart goes out to you for all the pain you suffered.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy 3080!!!! You rock! I’m delighted that you are happy with your new neighborhood. :star: Please keep posting the wonderful dog photos. They’re a treat to see. :bigsmile:

Lanette: Thanks for the info on Magnesium. I am happy that it is helping you sleep. :heart:

Machka: I am delighted that your brother’s family is safe. I hope they’re lucky and don’t have serious damages to their home. :flowerforyou: I’m sorry to hear that your tooth has broken apart. I hope you can get it repaired. :star: Menopause hot flashes were not fun but menopause was a lot less horrible than I anticipated. Once you are done life is better.

(((Margaret))): You have the right to your own feelings. I am in awe of your courage. :heart:

Linda in Northern Ontario, aka lcharpentier: It is grand to see you posting again. WELCOME BACK!!!! :bigsmile:

Faye & Margaret: I love the Lord, but his people are often MUCH harder to love. Their “kind words” are frequently insensitive and unwelcome words. I have stumbled there in the long ago past & I hope that I don’t stumble into that kind of insensitivity again. :noway:

Debbie: Reese’s Peanut butter cups are a weakness of mine. Chocolate and Peanut butter is bliss. I have “won’t power” in the store and don’t buy them except in rare occasions. My willpower disappears if they are at my house. :embarassed:

Our refrigerator freezer compartment has a broken fan blade. It is working but noisy. We have a repair guy coming someday. We’re on his list. :grumble: Meanwhile DH has ordered a part and a tool that should be helpful. We moved freezer items to another freezer out in the garage so we aren’t worried about spoiled food at this point. The refrigerator compartment in the kitchen is staying cold enough so far.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I am watching the movie Pride & Predjudice on Netflix and really enjoying it. I am sure I read the book when I was in high school and had completely forgotten the story line. Loved Wuthering Heights and Little Women.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,360 Member
    Options
    Linda – welcome back

Yvonne – hope everyone in your family is safe

Haven’t had a cup of coffee in quite a few years

Faye
    – how horrible for your friend and you and your loss

Katla
    – did you know that the pb in Reese’s isn’t real PB?

Think I may go in the pool for a bit.

After the soup kitchen went to food lion. They overcharged me for the ice cream so I got the ad out. It’s a shame, they are probably overcharging others, too.

Michele NC
    Who is running the dishwasher since they’re calling for lots of rain tomorrow. Took out the recyclables and will take out the garbage tonight. Would prefer not to do that when it’s raining out.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,062 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good about my measly two minutes of stepper every other day. Today I also did five minutes of step/touch to warm up, and had less of the weird pain. Someday I will get up to an hour on the stepper like you inspiring ladies!

In between days I do my dumbbell strength workout which has some legs in it. I don't know why the stepper is so tough for me. I just have to deal with the body and machine that I have.

Meanwhile it's raining. I trimmed my dog's shaggy face. Not much else going on. I'm trying to stay out of the cookies.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Linda ... Welcome back! Good to see you.

Lanette ... I have not tried those plastic contraptions for the masks ...

Pip ... Yogi seems to be enjoying his new surroundings!

Margaret ... there really are no words. Thank you for the reminders of what we shouldn't do and what we could do... You are in my continued prayers.

Rebecca ... peanut butter and butter? Hmm. I'm not sure about that one... The honey, however, I get.

Lisa ... interesting that you can capture a moment so well in words and then not remember it later. I can see where that would be disconcerting, even draining, to the writer, but it is a gift to the reader ...

Beth near Buffalo

Yogi is loving it! Not to mention that his parents are home all day. Walks in the morning and evening. We will b making him homemade treats soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    Walk to river w/family- 1hr 2 min 9 sec, 3.3ap, 113mhr, 3.33mi= 498c
    Apple Watch- 374c
    Walk to cleaners w/yogi- 20.48min, 3.7ap, 119mhr, 1.28mi= 145c
    Apple Watch- 118c
    Zwift bike trainer- 34.08min, 157mhr, 20.03amph, 11.53mi= Wahoo hrm didn’t record!!
    Apple Watch- 367c

Total cal 1010
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Margaret--They mean well, but don't know what to do or say. I know when our son passed it wore me out dealing with friends trying to help. Sorry about your brother. Sending hugs and prayers.
    I have the weekend off and no plans, but church so far.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Much better breathing today thank goodness but eye allergies now bugging me. Nothing new for me, used to it. Just annoying when I get these.

Been doing very well on the 16/8 fasting. Some days longer but still no real movement on scale.

Hand washed and hung clothes this morning then errands. Now to take clothes in and finish my crocheting project poncho for me. First project I made just for me!

Laters Ladies!

RV Rita
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Happy 3080!!!! You rock! I’m delighted that you are happy with your new neighborhood. :star: Please keep posting the wonderful dog photos. They’re a treat to see. :bigsmile:

Lanette: Thanks for the info on Magnesium. I am happy that it is helping you sleep. :heart:

Machka: I am delighted that your brother’s family is safe. I hope they’re lucky and don’t have serious damages to their home. :flowerforyou: I’m sorry to hear that your tooth has broken apart. I hope you can get it repaired. :star: Menopause hot flashes were not fun but menopause was a lot less horrible than I anticipated. Once you are done life is better.

(((Margaret))): You have the right to your own feelings. I am in awe of your courage. :heart:

Linda in Northern Ontario, aka lcharpentier: It is grand to see you posting again. WELCOME BACK!!!! :bigsmile:

Faye & Margaret: I love the Lord, but his people are often MUCH harder to love. Their “kind words” are frequently insensitive and unwelcome words. I have stumbled there in the long ago past & I hope that I don’t stumble into that kind of insensitivity again. :noway:

Debbie: Reese’s Peanut butter cups are a weakness of mine. Chocolate and Peanut butter is bliss. I have “won’t power” in the store and don’t buy them except in rare occasions. My willpower disappears if they are at my house. :embarassed:

Our refrigerator freezer compartment has a broken fan blade. It is working but noisy. We have a repair guy coming someday. We’re on his list. :grumble: Meanwhile DH has ordered a part and a tool that should be helpful. We moved freezer items to another freezer out in the garage so we aren’t worried about spoiled food at this point. The refrigerator compartment in the kitchen is staying cold enough so far.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

try the cool whip with the PB2 and hot coco powder mixed together- get the Reeces flavor but not all the calories- I am like you- if they are here, they are gone- although I do have some in the fridge for the guys- they are safe in there- they are in the garage fridge I don't get into all the time plus I don't like them cold like they do.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Michele: I didn't know the peanutbutter in Reece's peanutbutter cups was/is not real. What is it??? :huh:

I looked online, and none of the ingredients are a problem for me. I am lactose intolerant but haven't had trouble with them so far. They are a rare treat in my life. This is what I found on the internet:

"But take a look at those ingredients in a Reese's Cup: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, nonfat milk, milk fat, lactose, soy lecithin, pgpr, emulsifier), peanuts, sugar, dextrose, salt, tbhq (preservative), citric acid (to maintain freshness).Feb 3, 2020"
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    I am watching the movie Pride & Predjudice on Netflix and really enjoying it. I am sure I read the book when I was in high school and had completely forgotten the story line. Loved Wuthering Heights and Little Women.

I really like the series Ann with an e based on the Anne of Green Gables. I identified with the e thing. Always telling people asking my name that it is Fay with an e. Thanks for reminding me about Pride and Prejudice. I saw it on the Netflix list but didn't watch it yet. Was the movie as good as the book?

Fay with an e
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Michele: I didn't know the peanutbutter in Reece's peanutbutter cups was/is not real. What is it??? :huh:

I looked online, and none of the ingredients are a problem for me. I am lactose intolerant but haven't had trouble with them so far. They are a rare treat in my life. This is what I found on the internet:

"But take a look at those ingredients in a Reese's Cup: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, nonfat milk, milk fat, lactose, soy lecithin, pgpr, emulsifier), peanuts, sugar, dextrose, salt, tbhq (preservative), citric acid (to maintain freshness).Feb 3, 2020"

It is called peanut cream which is their hydrogenated peanut butter mixed with margarine.