Replies

• Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    And you look great for 59!
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Annie42019 wrote: »
    Leezy55 wrote: »

You look fantastic! Did you do 1200 calories to loose weight or for maintenance?

Thank you! In maintenance I do the same 1200 (plus veggies....probably another 50- 100 calories) that I did to lose but only 5 days a week with a Saturday night “ cheat” of more like 2200+ calories! Then on Sundays I do a 500-600 calorie day which helps me “ reset” for the week. I know this won’t work for everyone but it does for me.

Thank you for the info. I am so stuck right now. Have to figure a new routine.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2020
    With dodgy knees I am a bit scared of doing things like a full body workout, so walking is the best option for me right now I feel. What do you all do to try and get fitter?

Walking is great, but if you want to explore other options, then I would recommend the low impact and beginners videos at Bodyfit by Amy which have been great for getting my dodgy knees moving and stronger. They are are definitely a bit less dodgy than they were. I started with her 10 min beginners cardio and 10 mins beginners abs and even though I mw now doing some of her longer / higher intensity ones, I still use these two a lot in between. Her low impacts legs workout is also really good, and gives you options you can use in other workouts if squats or lunges are a problem (that's on p. 2 from the link below). Amy has low impact versions for all her workouts and some great advice on how to work out even if your knees (or abs, or whatever) aren't in brilliant shape.

You can find them here: https://bodyfitbyamy.com/beginner-low-impact-workouts/

Usually I swim a lot which I also find helps my knees, but since the pool has been shut I have bought a rowing machine which is also great for my knees, provided I keep the pace moderate: it exercises my knees (and legs, arms and back) without having all my weight on them.

I am 56, by the way.
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Hey everyone. I am 53 and hope it is ok to be in group. I hit full menopause early and i already was having a time losing with my faithlessness to trying over a day at a time. I am doing much better now and it helps to hear others doing well and keeping at it. Thanks for the advice and support. You all are inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!