Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    (Cut and pasted to add in my weigh-in info)

In July I focused on consistent exercise and a goal of getting stronger, but I did not lose any weight. In August I did a sweeping review of my diet, pulled out my kitchen scale, and revamped my goals in three main areas. This month I hope to combine the best of the past two months. The changes I've made over the last 60-odd days have now become a habit and I'm proud of that. On my fridge is a note that says: LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO SEE IT THROUGH. Meaning, honor the promise I made to myself to really work at this every day.

Age 49, Height 5'11"
    Highest weight: 225.6lbs (8/28/19)
    Lowest weight: 165lbs (goal is 173)

CW: 218.6
    9/1: 218.6
    9/8:
    9/15 (halfway mark assessment):
    9/22:
    9/29:

Weekly goals (exercise):
    🌸 Fit in one final swim before the pool closes on 9/1. Hit up more kayaking spots.
    🌺 Incorporate free weights 2x week with YouTube workouts
    🌸 Continue with daily planks challenge
    🌺 Work out every other day

Weekly goals (diet):
    🌸 Continue intermittent fasting (16:8)
    🌺 More veggies / more protein. **Eat the veggies first, then the meal or snack.**
    🌸 1400 calories and log everything
    🌺 Watch the sugar count and pre-log all sweet treats

Weekly goals (mental):
    🌸 STOP DOOMSCROLLING, especially in the morning and before bed
    🌺 Set the timer for uninterrupted work sessions
    🌸 Get back into the habit of sketching in the mornings
    🌺 Less Facebook. Ugh, I hate Facebook so much.

💜 Message to myself: discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most 💜

This month will bring a few new adventures. We bought a little Airstream! The plan is to drive from Austin to Atlanta to see my mom for a few weeks in September. We'll be able to quarantine ourselves in her yard but still hang out with her and with my sister's family. Moving away from my family during the pandemic was really tough, and it's bee quite lonely out here on my own, so I'm excited to go see people. The other exciting thing is that I can now drive up to meet my husband when he's on location for his job, and we can go exploring when he wraps (he's a helicopter pilot with a 3 weeks on / 2 weeks off schedule). In August he was based in Park City, UT and in Twin Falls, ID -- two gorgeous spots! We realized if we had a camper van we could be doing lots of exploring and really make the most of it.

Other than that, I hope to do more kayaking with my new inflatable and I'm looking forward to some cooler weather!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    jayemes wrote: »

Ugg I think this is what I have going on in my right heel. I'm not a runner but with the gyms off limits I've been trying to run and walking a LOT - but it seems I should give it a break and stop beating on my poor heel. I ordered new cushioned running shoes too since my workout sneakers are very worn out

It is such a pain!! I think I had it briefly once a few years ago, but it kind of resolved on its own after a few weeks. This has been going on since May or June. It has gotten a ton better, but I still can't run (or even go for walks) without it flaring up. It really is driving me crazy. So I'm going to exhaust every option that I can this month to try and fix it.

I hope the new shoes work for you and fix the problem! My primary care doctor recommended Dr. Scholl's plantar fasciitis inserts too. You might want to give those a try too if the new shoes don't take care of it!

I started having heel pain during the pandemic. Why? I was walking around barefoot on hardwood floors. I couldn't go to aquafit so I was trying to find exercise I could do at home. I was wearing older exercise shoes. Doesn't matter if there was a hole in my toe since no one sees me, right? I felt and I had a hard painful area on my heel. I am not sure what is the problem but planar fasciitis was one of my possibilities I was considering. What I have done/am doing about this? I started wearing crocks around the house. Unfortunately these are a bit old. I ordered some running shoes that were supposed to be good but had to send them back since since somehow I got the wrong size. I just checked my heel and right now the hard place is smaller but it varies.

I just ordered the right size shoe after reading these posts. They should be here Friday. :)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »

I started having heel pain during the pandemic. Why? I was walking around barefoot on hardwood floors. I couldn't go to aquafit so I was trying to find exercise I could do at home. I was wearing older exercise shoes. Doesn't matter if there was a hole in my toe since no one sees me, right? I felt and I had a hard painful area on my heel. I am not sure what is the problem but planar fasciitis was one of my possibilities I was considering. What I have done/am doing about this? I started wearing crocks around the house. Unfortunately these are a bit old. I ordered some running shoes that were supposed to be good but had to send them back since since somehow I got the wrong size. I just checked my heel and right now the hard place is smaller but it varies.

I just ordered the right size shoe after reading these posts. They should be here Friday. :)

You know, I hadn't thought about that! As a shoe-hating fellow work-from-homer....that could be contributing. I suppose I could try wearing shoes around the house, but ugh. I hate them so much. My feet need freedom!!

Good luck with your new shoes! Fingers crossed for quick relief!
  • honeyrobin20
    honeyrobin20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Robin

51 years old
    5'1''
    SW: 219 my heaviest
    CW (8/31): 207
    9/4:
    9/11:
    9/18:
    9/25:
    GW: Into the 150s

I have a long way to go. I maintained a 10 lb loss for a year, but my health took a major hit at the beginning of the year. I am finally feeling better, and have made it back to the gym (after 10 months). (I've done a lot of quitting since June. With the supplements I am on, in two weeks, I surpassed what I was doing at the gym 10 months ago and I finished 5 virtual races last month. My current goals is still to be moving everyday, but I am starting to look at the weight loss too. We will see what the measurements show later this week. Since I started logging food (yesterday) I see that my biggest problem is not eating enough calories.

Keep moving ladies.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love walking around the house barefoot. Sadly I'm pretty sure that's over for awhile. Hopefully if I am nice to my heel it will feel better and I can get on with life :/
    Got Indian food with a friend tonight. It was DELICIOUS and I ate way too much - but not crazy crazy too much. The funny part is that after being back on the wagon for about a month, I don't FEEL good after a big excessive meal. I hope I can hold onto this feeling and go easier next time. Instead of a helping of five different dishes, maybe just a bite or two of each to end up with a reasonable portion in the end.
    For now I'm just waiting to digest enough to go to sleep!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    Got Indian food with a friend tonight. It was DELICIOUS and I ate way too much - but not crazy crazy too much. The funny part is that after being back on the wagon for about a month, I don't FEEL good after a big excessive meal. I hope I can hold onto this feeling and go easier next time. Instead of a helping of five different dishes, maybe just a bite or two of each to end up with a reasonable portion in the end.

That's how I started and now I've got myself to where I really can only eat half to a third of a normal portion before I feel full, and moving rapidly towards too full. Of course, since I can't do volume eating, this is quite helpful.

• jayemes
    Options
    @chupacabragumbo - a 3 week road trip sounds awesome. When I was your age (I'm old enough to say that now!) I used to camp all the time and it's still some of my best memories <3

@muttiNM - great job on the weight loss!

@honeyrobin20 - 219 was my highest too at the beginning of August. Great job so far!

@PennycillinEQ - I know what you mean about losing and regaining. I lost 25lbs three years ago and I can't even tell you what happened but I regained that plus 15 more. I remember being very excited about looking/feeling better and then it's like I just stopped thinking about it! We'll lose the 20+ and keep it off this time!!

@BethB554 - caregiving is hard. I helped care for my mom through cancer treatments and hospice for almost two years and it was mentally and physically exhausting. Try and make time for yourself.... even if it's little bits of time here and there.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - best of luck at the gym! I joined many in my life and would work out for a bit and then fizzle out. For me it was finding the right gym - the place I'm at now is amazing. I don't even think about going to work out - I go because everyone I work out with is a friend and a motivation. The right gym will feel like home to you!

Speaking of amazing gyms, ours has been closed since March. He's reopening tomorrow but I'm not ready to go back (mostly because I have kids starting virtual learning and a few relatives that are immuno-compromised that I'm in contact with and want to protect) Our trainer has been posting workouts since shutdown and lent a ton of equipment out. I was running/walking as cardio but with the plantar fasciitis that's been difficult. Well, amazing trainer said he's not going to be using his assault bikes for the foreseeable future (because of the fans) so guess who's getting to bring an assault bike home to use?? Yup. This girl!!! I'm so excited!

I'm happy that having the bike will push me to get my workouts in more regularly. Eating has been ok. So let's think of some goals, since that seems to be popular in this group and sounds like a good idea!

HT: 5’7"
    SW: 219.6 (08/01/20)
    CW: 211.6
    GW: 175, then re-eval

09/06
    09/13
    09/20
    09/27

Goals for September:
    Workout at least 3 times a week
    10k steps daily
    Drink 8 glasses of water daily
    Track my calories daily
    No mindless evening snacking!

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • jayemes
    Options
    I woke up and weighed and was at the new low of 250. That's a nice way to start the day!

Love early morning whooshes!