RANTS

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    I dont know 70s music...stop asking me if i know this song and being shocked when I have not...Steve Miller? Is he your dad?

Fair enough... just don't go around wearing a Zeppelin T-shirt because its "trendy".

Who's that?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I dont know 70s music...stop asking me if i know this song and being shocked when I have not...Steve Miller? Is he your dad?

Fair enough... just don't go around wearing a Zeppelin T-shirt because its "trendy".

Who's that?

Rod Stewart or Elton John? 🤔
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    guys in trucks who back, poorly, into the parking spot somewhere.

yes, i understand its lets you get out faster and safer from any parking spot to just drive forward when you're leaving.
    yes, i understand your job may require it and so thats what you're used to.

but for the love of all that is holy, DO BETTER.

if you back into the spot, crooked, then pull forward, then back in again, crooked again, then try it ONE MORE TIME before you finally get it right- then i hate to tell you but you are not cut out for this life and you need to go practice in an empty lot somewhere before you commit to it any further and ruin the experience for the rest of us.

or install a backup camera, you can get them off ebay for like 12 bucks and it takes like 15 mins of crawling around under the rear of the truck to get it set up properly.

Honestly for me it’s anyone who regularly backs into their parking spots whether they do a good job or not. Just seems so pretentious 😅

how do you feel about punisher stickers on the rear windows? because i gotta say that really winds me up too

Are used to wear a punisher T-shirt to play paintball in. As far as parking, pull through or go home

Back in parking is especially obnoxious when pull through parking abounds

The dude abounds ...

Or wait he abides - nvm 🤷‍♂️
  • cowsfan12
    Options

yes, i understand its lets you get out faster and safer from any parking spot to just drive forward when you're leaving.

if you back into the spot, crooked, then pull forward, then back in again, crooked again, then try it ONE MORE TIME before you finally get it right- then i hate to tell you but you are not cut out for this life and you need to go practice in an empty lot somewhere before you commit to it any further and ruin the experience for the rest of us.

or install a backup camera, you can get them off ebay for like 12 bucks and it takes like 15 mins of crawling around under the rear of the truck to get it set up properly.

Honestly for me it’s anyone who regularly backs into their parking spots whether they do a good job or not. Just seems so pretentious 😅

how do you feel about punisher stickers on the rear windows? because i gotta say that really winds me up too

what

these:

iat53mco764u.jpg

cannot stand

I’ll add on to this - stick family stickers - not sure why but they really grind my gears
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Ugh...when I took a history of pop music in Uni (super fun class!) these total hipster girls who were wearing all the hipster-ish styles of the early 2010s (and I swear had been talking about Mumford and Sons) turned to each other and said “Who’s Bob Dylan?!” when the prof mentioned something about him. It made me irrationally angry and still does...hah. I should get over it.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

Ugh...when I took a history of pop music in Uni (super fun class!) these total hipster girls who were wearing all the hipster-ish styles of the early 2010s (and I swear had been talking about Mumford and Sons) turned to each other and said “Who’s Bob Dylan?!” when the prof mentioned something about him. It made me irrationally angry and still does...hah. I should get over it.

Did It bother you that they didn’t know bob dylan because they were in a music class??
  • fstrickl
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Did It bother you that they didn’t know bob dylan because they were in a music class??

Maybe 25% that, but mainly because their style was clearly influenced by the 1950/60s folk movement (I know folk music really has much deeper and older roots than the 1950/60s) and they didn’t know who one of the most iconic persons of that movement was. I mean I’m not saying it wasn’t pretentious of me 🤷🏻‍♀️. At least they would have learned who Dylan was when we covered that era of pop music.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Maybe 25% that, but mainly because their style was clearly influenced by the 1950/60s folk movement (I know folk music really has much deeper and older roots than the 1950/60s) and they didn’t know who one of the most iconic persons of that movement was. I mean I’m not saying it wasn’t pretentious of me 🤷🏻‍♀️. At least they would have learned who Dylan was when we covered that era of pop music.

Bob Dylan and I actually have the same birthday 😁...

True story...
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Fair enough - kinda like when these kids these days ask who Tupac is amirite??
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan's voice annoys me.

But what annoys me more is when I get yelled at for not doing something I was TOLD not to do but the person only wants to know if it was done and not the why of it.

The whys are important!
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    home fixer-upper tv shows where they ignore major structural or electrical issues or whatever, and instead just throw some new walmart paint up and do a bit of landscaping and call it good

"oh there's some drainage onto the basement slab when it rains? and its cracking? lets just patch it and slap some new tile down"

"oh there's wood rot in the bathroom area? let's just put some new sheetrock up and be done with it. nah no need for that greenboard or durock in there it's fine we gotta stay under budget"

and then the buyers are like, a pre-k school teacher and an "investments consultant" and their limit is 3.25 million

You obvs not watching Holmes on Homes
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    home fixer-upper tv shows where they ignore major structural or electrical issues or whatever, and instead just throw some new walmart paint up and do a bit of landscaping and call it good

"oh there's some drainage onto the basement slab when it rains? and its cracking? lets just patch it and slap some new tile down"

"oh there's wood rot in the bathroom area? let's just put some new sheetrock up and be done with it. nah no need for that greenboard or durock in there it's fine we gotta stay under budget"

and then the buyers are like, a pre-k school teacher and an "investments consultant" and their limit is 3.25 million

“i’m a pedigree butterfly breeder and he is a motivational instagram influencer and our budget is 2 million”
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options

3lzb3nbooteh.jpeg
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    3lzb3nbooteh.jpeg

Hiiiii YAHHHH! My BF and I binged this last week and we have pretended to be Ninjas all week.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

what

these:

iat53mco764u.jpg

cannot stand

I’ll add on to this - stick family stickers - not sure why but they really grind my gears

Some were funny 😆
    8o1ko0orc3rv.jpg

I saw one that said "making my family" but the image is not mfp safe 😏
  • fstrickl
    Options

Bob Dylan and I actually have the same birthday 😁...

True story...

HBD you and Bobby D (I googled his bday and know it’s NOT either of your birthdays but I wanted to say Bobby D cause it sounded fun).

I have the same birthday as Nick Carter AND Elijah Wood! 🎂

Fair enough - kinda like when these kids these days ask who Tupac is amirite??

#tupaclives (I know hashtags weren’t a thing at the time but it seems appropriate)