Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited September 2020
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9''
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    8/31 weight: 169.7
    Maintenance Weight Range: 167-173

Weekly tracking:
    9/5: 169.4
    9/12:
    9/19:
    9/26:
    9/30:

September goals:
    Maintain my weight between 167 and 173✅
    Log food daily ✅
    Row or Run at least 6x's a week ✅
    Get at least 45 "active" minutes a day ✅
    Get at least 10,000 steps/day ✅ - Pretty sure about this one, but my fitbit stopped working. It's still under warranty - so I had to mail it back and am waiting for a replacement. It will take another 2 weeks to arrive.

I restart my 1/2 marathon training again next weekend. The goal race will likely be virtual and will take place in December. But the training will be in small, in-person groups, held outdoors. We'll run in even smaller pace groups a maintaining social distance while running.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Downloaded a podcast and went for an hour long walk, it was invigorating, so thanks for the tip!

What a gorgeous place for a walk!
  • jayemes
    Happy Saturday! Had a socially distanced birthday dinner with two friends last night - greek food, yum! And oodles of wine. I was up two pounds last night but I expected that.
    Did a crazy difficult workout with a friend (on a video call) this morning - like, tears in my eyes difficult - but we got through it which makes me feel great. Also between the workout and all the water I drank that 2 lb gain disappeared.
    Today's gonna be a OMAD type of day. I do IF and usually eat between 12-8ish but I just wasn't hungry at 12, or 1 and then I went food shopping and then out to do yard work and now that I'm starting to get hungry it's almost 5 so dinner will be soon.
    Interested to see my official weigh in tomorrow. I'm actually thinking of changing my weigh in day to Fridays. During the week things are more planned. Weekends are more fluid. I wonder if I'd get a better idea of my true weight loss trends if I weighed in Fridays since I think my "work" is all done during the week.

When you do you all do your "official" weigh in? Or do you just record new lows? Or do you not do it at all?
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,170 Member
    I'm a Monday weigher, helps me be less out of control at the weekend. A lot of people on here seem to weigh on a Wednesday. I actually weigh myself every day but I only record the Monday one.
    I'm also doing 16:8, or trying to, counting calories, and just turned 52.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @jayemes I'm one of the Wednesday weighers that @orangequilt mentioned. The only reason for that is that I happened to start my quest for better health on a Wednesday. I step on the scale a few times during the week but only record the Wednesday number. I've thought about weighing daily and using a trending app. I'm not sure if I would find that useful or not so I haven't changed my routine yet.
  • honeyrobin20
    honeyrobin20 Posts: 12 Member
    My weight has been steady. But my energy during the day is good. I got a lot of little things accomplished today along with a .5 mile walk in my driveway. Upped my daily step goal to 4000. Little by little. I also ate all of my calories today!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    I weigh everyday, but I record my weight here on Saturdays. I tend to be lower on the weekends because I get more sleep. Although rowing put an end to sleeping in on the weekends.
  • I check in on Wednesdays but I weigh every day so that weighing isn't a big deal. If I don't weigh daily I start to try to play games with the scale and make it bigger in my head than it is. I record the record lows in MFP, but I report a total weekly, and that seems to work for me.
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    I weigh on Saturday & Monday. Monday because my journey started on a Monday with the program I used. Saturday to check how I did through the week.

Weighing daily stresses me out so my system works for me 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • jayemes
    LaDiiHeArT wrote: »
    Eat at the dinner table with no distractions like tv/phone
    This helped me so much. Eat mindfully.
    I used to eat standing up, little of this, little of that while I was cooking - by the time I sat down I'd eaten a meal already.... or I felt like I didn't eat at all and would still be hungry.
    Waiting to eat until I could sit like a person and take 15 minutes just to eat my meal was a game changer

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    @xofarrah I've had that tendency too but one thing that works for me now is thinking: if i dropped my phone and it didn't break, would I just keep dropping it over and over again until it breaks? It's a weird analogy but it works when I feel myself thinking "oh well, this day's already a wash..."