September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 too funny about the dogs, my friend’s cousin had 2 and they supposedly ran away. We all don’t think so we think someone grabbed them because they are so beautiful. They are big loving fluff balls.
    Oh no @kristinajeang hope the ankle feels better soon
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Banana bread.....
    I haven't had my computer since last Thursday, so I've had over 145 posts to get through! I'm too late to join the marathon challenge, so I'll keep my running on track and try to add as many acts of kindness as I can. I might even get around to reading the Pastor Vincent ebook I have waiting on my Kindle app.

Good running, everybody!

9/1 5.55
    9/2 5.21
    9/3 5.23
    9/4 Helped with Mom's yard sale all. day. long.
    9/5 Bass fishing tournament with the Hubs. We didn't win, but I caught fish!
    9/6 4.35
    9/7 10.17
    9/8 4.25

September miles = 34.76 so far.
    Space Race 400K = 114.45 (Just 134.05 to go!)

You’re not too late! Challengehound automatically fills in any miles done during the challenge time, so your runs on the 7th and 8th would get added when you joined. You can join any time before Sept 13.
  • rheddmobile
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Your team name is MandyEatSleepRunLiftRepeat. Your Strava miles are showing up fine on the challenge.

I have no idea how to get Strava to sync to mapmyrun, I do know that if you want mapmyrun to sync to Strava it seems like you have to upload each run individually but I’ve never tried it the other way around.

@HonuNui did you want a challenge link or are you good? I sent you a message but I never know if they are going through or not, some of my messages seem to disappear!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Sounds like you and Champ found a great place for a walk/hike/run. Love the pictures. I really Two and a half mile rubberized path? NICE!

@kgirlhart Glad you had a good run. I'm also glad I didn't have to do the marathon all in one day. I may not get another run in until Thursday. That's why I wanted to make sure I had two long runs on the schedule for this week. LOL I'm glad the Great Dane was friendly and well behaved. They are big dogs and I wouldn't want one barking at me.

@hamsterwheel6 Glad your hamstring feels better today.

@rheddmobile I bet those young ladies had sore throats the next day. Love all the videos you are sharing!

@polskagirl01 I think that is an act of kindness. I don't know that it has to be random... I agree, they should send a list of the schoolwork for the kids so they don't get behind. Welcome to my world with the tantrum. Happens all the time at daycare. LOL Once she realizes she can't get away with that stuff with you, she'll calm down. Good work on getting your VM started.

Oh no @kristinajeang ! I hope all it needs is a couple of days of ice and you'll be back to running again.

@Camaramandy648 You are a beast.

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I'm ok, thanks. Couldn't mentally negotiate setting up an account, linking/syncing it, etc. No, I didn't get a message, but neither did I get notice that you tagged me here...just happened to see it. I see lots of reports of MFP bugs recently, though.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Took today as a rest day after yesterday's long run. I was surprised to find that my legs were a little bit sore this morning, since the run felt so easy yesterday. I haven't been sore from running in a long, long time. My exercise today was mowing the lawn. I'm working the rest of the week, so if it was going to get done, today was the day.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Glad you got your run in @shanaber . Hope the Santa Ana winds don't make the fires worse.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    @shanaber I’m glad you finally got a run in! It seems like AC always picks the perfect moment to go out. Ours last died during a record heat wave, on July 4 so no repair guys were in the office, when my husband had both salmonella and a crunch time deadline which he could only work on from home! Hope you get it fixed without any major hiccups and try not to get blown away!
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    So, even if I hadn’t already learned I am not mentally prepared for running in below freezing temps..... there are lines and trees down all over the place, and even when things aren’t down.... there are lots that are still very sketchy and may still come down. So, I had a short little date with my dreadmill and got 1.5 in.

So, 1.5 today = 3.25/why am I starting over again?

For any of you curious how summer looks in Wyoming, this year.

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ok, will apparently try the pictures on a day when my internet is working better.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @shanaber you are right...will assess tomorrow! Still hoping to get my half in by Sunday. Those fires sound awful really. Fell for everyone there. Take care of yourself!
    Haven’t used Strava directly for a couple weeks as I was using peloton app outside runs and didn’t want so many apps running. But I have had other issues with it. Like auto pause pausing when I’m running. Lol
    Feel better everyone who isn’t! Hugs.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @shanaber I’m glad you finally got a run in! It seems like AC always picks the perfect moment to go out. Ours last died during a record heat wave, on July 4 so no repair guys were in the office, when my husband had both salmonella and a crunch time deadline which he could only work on from home! Hope you get it fixed without any major hiccups and try not to get blown away!

Ours went out while we were out of town. DH had to try to arrange everything while in Chicago Field Museum. Our dog sitter couldn't be there during AC time so he had to try & get ahold of his parents.

Oh also in July. And we had dogs so we couldn't just leave it until we got home
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options

Ours went out while we were out of town. DH had to try to arrange everything while in Chicago Field Museum. Our dog sitter couldn't be there during AC time so he had to try & get ahold of his parents.

Oh also in July. And we had dogs so we couldn't just leave it until we got home

I am so thankful ours held out through the worst days. Today it was considerably cooler and we have been pretty comfortable with just the whole house fan running. They are coming on Thursday to fix it. Husband wanted to find someone for Wednesday but I was shocked we could get anyone this week. Because of where we live though there are many service places for our specific brand. So we just have to manage through tomorrow's heat and part of Thursdays and then we should be good!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @hanlonsk I saw a picture of the Wyoming snow yesterday. That's crazy. I would have used the treadmill too.