Replies

• shannonevan
    shannonevan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete.. :happy:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D6 yesterday. Was so proud of myself. Made it through everything without stopping except for the second set of push ups. Really starting to see definition in my arms now. I also bought smaller weights for the side lunges....helped tremendously!!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yes join! :happy:

I'm with ya on the jump rope. Hate it with a passion.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 - Done!

Today I really didn't like the 1st part of the circuit. It made me grumpy. The rest I was good with. I'm thinking I'm gunna take the advice of one of my friends on here and turn up my music and mute Ms Jillian. I don't think she'll mind.

Amber
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done. Found my daughter "Shredding". I like that my teenage daughter can't use weights during the side lunges. Guess who's stronger, baby!!! :laugh:

ROCK ON!! :tongue:
  • Codyinaz623
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and I'm dying today...my knees are sore. Jumping jacks SUCK.....something so remedial as a kid is miserable as an adult...blah! I had better look awesome when I get done with this:)
  • damonbrodie
    Options
    I started two days late, I was on the road for work. I did D4L1 last night and last night was the first day where I got through everything without stopping. It is starting to get a bit easier.

I had pain in my back after D2 - like I had pulled something - I didn't feel it last night though.
  • Samhally
    Options
    I'm late, but I bought the DVD today and am starting today, I forgot to buy a tape measure so I'm just going to do before and after pics :) I'm excited!
  • Samhally
    Options
    Finished d1L1, not so bad, but I had a mini break I'n the middle because my husband came home early for lunch lol. But I still feel the burn!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you don't like hearing Jillian you can mute it and listen to music....

OR if you have a laptop you can mute the dvd on mute & put it next to the tv while you watch a movie. Makes the workout go so much faster! =)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 - Done!

Today I really didn't like the 1st part of the circuit. It made me grumpy. The rest I was good with.

I'm the same way. I hate the push-ups, hate the jumping jacks, ugh that first segment just suuuucks! LOL
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can I start when I get my dvd :-P
  • chrissyms
    Options
    Started a little late but just finished day 3! Just curious- do you guys add the shred into your diaries for tracking how many calories you burned? I'd like to but have no idea how to go about it.
  • cvanier
    Options
    Hi!!! Joining late!! I need some motivation to keep on with this workout because she KILLS ME!!!! I honestly feel like I'm going to pass out or collapse by the end. I am also wondering how to add the exercises to the diary???
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ok since I decided to move to level 2 I notice than my knees hurt a lil bit more but oh well it won't stop me!!
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done. Ugh, tonight I moved up to 5 lb. weights. I'm glad that I can do it at least through circuit 2 and part of 3 but I think I'm going to hurt tomorrow!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    L1D7 tonight, it's A LOT easier. BUT I have given up on doing the side lunges with arm raises (can't even keep doing them with 3lbs weights). So I just lay on the floor on keep doing the butterflies with my 5lbs =) Better then not being able to do something at all, right?

Also because I have a bad knee that's put me into physical therapy (since 30DS is so hard on the knees), I don't do the front lunges with weights.... I stay in the lower lunge positions while using the weights. If I want to make it through Round 2 of this, I have to make some adjustments and learn from what my knee can and can't handle from last time.

edit: I can't do push-ups, so I just stay in the plank position on my feet.

Wow I made a lot of alterations to the moves =P BUT it's working for me & I'm still burning a good amount of calories, so I think it's okay.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    L1D3 last night. God, I hate the first part too! I'm glad they put it first! My arms, abs and legs aren't so sore anymore but the muscles between my shoulder blades hurt like mad. I didn't even know we had muscles there! :)

I log 30DS as circuit training - 20 min. MFP says 170 calories burned which seems a good estimate!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 8 behind me, still doing "girl" push ups with Natalie, and struggling to get through ALL of the anterior delt -lunges/raises, (I don't do as many as Jillian & the girls) just beat by that time. But hey 2 more days on Level 1 and looking forward to starting Level 2!:glasses:
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 8 behind me, still doing "girl" push ups with Natalie, and struggling to get through ALL of the anterior delt -lunges/raises, (I don't do as many as Jillian & the girls) just beat by that time. But hey 2 more days on Level 1 and looking forward to starting Level 2!:glasses: