2. Take meds/vitamins โœ”
    3. Self care day am and pm routine โœ”
    4. Take a walk โœ”
    5. Make BLTs for lunch/chicken thighs for dinner โœ”
    6. drink Atleast 1 water bottle ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    7. Log food! ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    8. Be kind (to yourself especially) โœ”
    9. Weight in first thing tomorrow morning! โœ” 209
    10. Consider short term, mid range, and long term goals. Write it down. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Weekend was not great, eating wise and otherwise. But its a new week and I'm here.

Today's goals are late so.

1. Drink water with dinner
    2. Log food
    3. PM self care routine

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒต๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒต๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒพ
    ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– SEPTEMBER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽกโ›ฑ
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    The water weight is in its way out ๐Ÿ˜‚

Great things are done by
    a series of small things brought together

(Vincent Van Gogh)

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 2
      Tues: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: โœ… Fri: โœ…
      Sat: โœ… Sun: โœ… Mon: โœ…
      Weight < 155: 5/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Aug: 149.9

01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green ๐Ÿฆ„ 7/7
      Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 7/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿฆ„ 7/7
      Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿฆ„ 7/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      ๐ŸŒŸMeditation 7/7 Exercise 7/7
      ๐ŸŒŸFamily Skype 1/7
      ๐ŸŒŸGardening: 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸDeclutter๐Ÿฆ„5//7
      ๐ŸŒŸLaundry 5/7 ๐ŸŒŸCircuits 7/7
      ๐Ÿ˜œHousework 7/7 ๐ŸŒŸPlan shopping (2/7)
      ๐ŸŒŸShopping 2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWrite 3 pages or 15 minutes a day ๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
      ๐ŸŒŸUpdate Journal๐Ÿฆ„ 4/7
      ๐ŸŒŸCrochet๐Ÿฆ„ 5/7 ๐ŸŒŸPuzzles ๐Ÿฆ„ 7/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWatch TV๐Ÿฆ„ 7/7 ๐ŸŒŸRead 7/7
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      JFT Tuesday
      1. AM: Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM run. CHECK ON COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY. TQT.
      2. 1st class: START AND FINISH WITH HOMEWORK LOG. NRI practice. Review use of subordinating conjunctions. Discussion posts: Challenge book: 3 comments.
      3. 2nd-3rd classes: NRI practice. Identify literary elements in stories. In-class practice with complex sentences (flip).
      4. Pit Crew: Tough Question Tuesday. Read Princess Bride? Lunch: pasta. Read new book.
      5. Planning: Set up extra credit letter project. Continue parent calls - any low grades. Work on blog post. Fic? Update Goodreads. Call orthopedist - no surgery.
      6. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. Breathe. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Sort recycling. RETURN PJs. Get meds.
      8. Color! 1 hr reading. Dishes. Laundry. Order new CF plate.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students? Need to return / exchange PJs.

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      End of August: 189.8
      Today: 190.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: ???
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Fastest time on a 2-miler today. Pretty happy about that.
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      MONDAY:
      - Log all food๐ŸŸข / stay green๐Ÿ”ด
      - Laundry (uniforms)๐ŸŸข
      - Dishes and other chores๐ŸŸข
      - Final prep for school (starts tomorrow)๐ŸŸข
      - Clean bathroom๐ŸŸข
      - Babysit niece๐ŸŸข
      - Dance for E ๐Ÿฉฐ /softball for E&R๐ŸฅŽ

Today starts our first day of (remote) school! We have everything set up and ready, but I still donโ€™t really know how itโ€™s going to go. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ My goals are simply to eat according to plan and support the girls throughout the day.

JFT TUESDAY:
      - First day of school!
      - Log everything / stay green
      - Dishes / laundry
    • katalimaq
      katalimaq Posts: 3 Member
      Hello all, it's my first time here, thought this was a good idea and I'd like to try it out!

JFT Tuesday 15th:
      - Log everything
      - Eat a good lunch (maybe salmon?)
      - Do some exercise
      - Meditate
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Good day
      For Monday, focus on progress. Iโ€™m not in an event but a new lifestyle. This is the new norm.

1900 calories: 1855
      Work out 70 minutes: 77 minutes including 2.16 mile walk
      Support my bride: piece of cake
      Make good choices: executed all day. Went up tot the line on calories but not over
      Walk after dinner: one of my favorite parts of the day

For Tuesday, recognize that I have a choice in everything I do

1900 calories
      Work out 70 minutes
      Support my bride
      Make good choices and focus on my health/flexibility for retirement.
      Walk after dinner.
    • AJB1014
      AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
      edited September 2020
      ]

1. Smoothie for breakfast โœ”
      2. Take meds/vitamins โœ”
      3. Self care day am and pm routine โœ”
      4. Take a walk โœ”
      5. Make BLTs for lunch/chicken thighs for dinner โœ”
      6. drink Atleast 1 water bottle ๐Ÿ‘Ž
      7. Log food! ๐Ÿ‘Ž
      8. Be kind (to yourself especially) โœ”
      9. Weight in first thing tomorrow morning! โœ” 209
      10. Consider short term, mid range, and long term goals. Write it down. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Weekend was not great, eating wise and otherwise. But its a new week and I'm here.

Today's goals are late so.

1. Drink water with dinner ๐Ÿ‘Ž
      2. Log food โœ”
      3. PM self care routine โœ”

After writing my post last night i realized there was plenty GOOD about my not so great weekend too. Getting my goals set early today before our walk.

1. Log all food
      2. Take a walk
      3. Be kind
      4. Drink smoothie for breakfast
      5. Take meds
      6. AM self care routine
      7. Chores
      8. PM self care routine
      9. Bed by 10
      10. Write down goals
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      Recap M 9/14 ~ work in office
      1) Walked dog 3.88 mi before work :smiley: foggy in spots but not bad ~ happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
      3) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water :D slight change in supper plans & evening snack of peanut M&Ms still net cals green :p 15c water :smiley:
      4) NHC to do list / xfer electronic updates from flash to G drive / clear some email backlog :) 3/3
      5) Call NP office / mail to Post Office / Sam's Club / follow up fraud case / one other chore ~ made chicken salad for hubby from rotisserie chicken & washed dishes :) 5/5
      6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) ACK! >:) alarm was set but just couldn't get out of bed early after later than normal evening :(

JFT T 9/15 ~ work in office & skipped dog walk before work
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
      2) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water
      3) Organize for ANJH A/R audit / clear more email backlog
      4) 5:00 massage appt. yippee!
      5) Set mouse traps in garage (tis the season but freaked me out seeing mouse run across garage floor last night ~ I hate mice) / boil eggs / one other chore
      6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Last night, surprised when doorbell rang, even more surprised to see SIL standing there (they live 90 miles away). She was passing through town on her way home from attending funeral. First time in over 7 months someone besides hubby and me in our house. I'm not too concerned, she works in healthcare where she is masked & her temp is taken every shift. We followed social distancing for a short visit. She knows I love a certain cafe/bakery in her old home town an hour north of us, and she brought fresh specialty bread just for me. How sweet!

This is why I monitor our credit card activity regularly. Finally got to the bottom of the credit card situation. Repeat fraud attempt was recurring charge for streaming service. Turns out, some merchants pay for service of updated credit cards so as to not lose income when new cards are issued. My credit card company failed to inform me of this last month during my initial fraud claim on the recurring charge, AND they issued us new cards. I also learned my credit card company does not notify merchants when a fraud claim is made for such a charge. According to them, contacting the merchant is my responsibility. Took me at least 3-4 phone calls, email change to mine instead of fraudster, password reset on fake account to lock him out & then online steps to delete fraudulent account info. What a pain!

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
      ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– SEPTEMBER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽกโ›ฑ
      ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
      The water weight is in its way out ๐Ÿ˜‚
      ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
        01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri
        SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
        Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 3
        Tues: โœ… Wed: Thu: Fri:
        Sat: Sun: Mon:
        Weight < 155: 1/7
        1 Aug 2019: 170.1
        2020:
        1 Aug: 149.9

01 Sept: 149.4
        09 Sept: 149.5
        Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
        Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.5
        Calories < in the green ๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 1/7
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        Positive intentions for Today
        ๐ŸŒŸMeditation 1/7 Exercise 1/7
        ๐ŸŒŸFamily Skype 0/7
        ๐ŸŒŸCut our/sew masks (1/7)
        ๐ŸŒŸGardening: 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸDeclutter๐Ÿฆ„1//7
        ๐ŸŒŸLaundry 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸCircuits 1/7
        ๐Ÿ˜œHousework 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸPlan shopping (1/7)
        ๐ŸŒŸShopping 9/7
        ๐ŸŒŸWrite 3 pages or 15 minutes a day ๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        ๐ŸŒŸUpdate Journal๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        ๐ŸŒŸCrochet๐Ÿฆ„ 0/7 ๐ŸŒŸPuzzles ๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
        ๐ŸŒŸWatch TV๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸRead 1/7

Just back from a beach walk with DED, her partner, and their dogs. Beautiful sunset but over too quickly to get a photo
      • katalimaq
        katalimaq Posts: 3 Member
        @Snowflake1968 Thank you, what a kind welcome!

So to report back on yesterday:
        JFT Tuesday 15th:
        - Log everything - Tick
        - Eat a good lunch (maybe salmon?) - Tick
        - Do some exercise - Tick
        - Meditate - I decided against this one yesterday, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

JFT Wednesday 16th:
        - Log everything
        - Stay in the green
        - Do some gentle stretching
        - Incorporate a walk into my day
      • clicketykeys
        clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
        JFT Wednesday
        1. AM: Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM walk. CHECK ON COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY. WW. FIND PDF OF CERT AND EMAIL ASAP.
        2. 1st class: START AND FINISH WITH HOMEWORK LOG. NRI practice. Review use of coordinating adverbs. Discussion posts: Challenge book: 3 comments. Review rubric. Extended Scene due Friday @3PM. Will have class time to work on.
        3. 2nd-3rd classes: NRI practice. Identify literary elements in stories. In-class practice with coordinating adverbs. Three basic parts of an essay. LOL must include sections.
        4. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday. Lunch: Jambalaya. Get new book. Update GR.
        5. Planning: Set up extra credit letter project. Continue parent calls - any low grades. Work on blog post. Fic? Update Goodreads. Call PCP - correct prescription? Dose on bottle has NOT changed. Develop assessment with narrative and identifying literary elements.
        6. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. Breathe. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
        7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Sort recycling. RETURN PJs.
        8. Color! 1 hr reading. Dishes. Laundry. Order new CF plate.
        9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students? Need to return / exchange PJs.

Scale goals
        End of 2017: 174.6
        End of 2018: 189.2
        End of 2019: 196.4
        End of January: 194.6
        End of February: 196.2
        End of March: 193.8
        End of April: 192.6
        End of May: 191.8
        End of June: 192.2
        End of July: 188.6
        End of August: 189.8
        Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
        1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
        2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
        3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
        4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
        5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
        6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
        7. Theater: ???
        8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
        9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
        10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
        11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
        12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
        13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Weight creeping up. No bueno.
      • WellingTX
        WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Tuesday, recognize that I have a choice in everything I do

1900 calories 1878 the accountability of this thread helped keep me from going over the line
        Work out 70 minutes 77 minutes including an enjoyable 2.28 mile walk
        Support my bride Easy to do
        Make good choices and focus on my health/flexibility for retirement. Worked out with the long term in mind.
        Walk after dinner. .5 Slow walk around the block with my bride. Nice part of the day

For Wednesday, trust my lifestyle for the long haul. Time passes anyway with or without scale results. Tomorrow, next week, a month from now and year from now I will be glad I made good choices on food and worked out today.

1800 calories
        Work out 70 minutes
        Support my bride
        Make good choices
        Focus on health and flexibility for the rest of my life.
        Walk after dinner
      • Bex953172
        Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

JFT Tuesday 15th September

Log everything logged the meals, not the snacks
        Stay in the green, weigh in day tomorrow very much doubt it
        Back exercises no
        Foot exercises no
        Walk no
        Collect medication yes
        Bank for parents yes
        Meeting at hospital regarding parents care, expect it to be awful yes
        Review parents finances before meeting yes
        Gardening if time just a little

Time just got away from me yesterday. Hospital meeting went as expected, except that they couldn't wake Dad up so we had the meeting without him. That was the whole point of me getting my mother there! Anyway everything was discussed, then he was awake so social worker spoke to him afterwards. It was lovely that I got to visit him. His care needs are so great now that we can't manage it at home. He has to get used to the fact that he won't ever come home again, very sad.
        So I took mum home, she was exhausted. I don't eat or drink in her house as I'm trying not to touch things I don't need to (it's a bit erratic as sometimes I make her meals so obviously touching things then) but decided a cuppa together was required. She put out biscuits and before I even thought about what I was doing I'd eaten a chocolate biscuit. She's always been a feeder lol. I don't think I've had a biscuit since June. So I had a snack in the evening too, as well as a big mug of drinking chocolate. Actually felt a bit over-full.

Anyway, today is a new day

JFT Wednesday 16th September

Log everything
        Stay in the green
        Back exercises
        Foot exercises
        Walk
        Ironing
        Haircut, first since February!
        Bit of shopping
        Gardening, looks cold out
        Tidy bedroom
        No snacking

I'm sorry your dad can't come home, that is very sad :( how does your mum feel about it?

Tea and biscuits though.. they definitely take the edge off!โค true British style lol
      • cschmitz110515
        cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
        @littleblackskirt After the day you and your parents had, a cuppa and treats sound just right to me. I'll bet your mum also enjoyed the time with you. Please cut yourself some slack in these stressful days. (((hugs)))

@katalimaq Welcome! This is a great group for accountability and support.

@WellingTX I love this, thank you for sharing! Trust my lifestyle for the long haul. Time passes anyway with or without scale results. Tomorrow, next week, a month from now and year from now I will be glad I made good choices on food and worked out today.

Recap T 9/15 ~ work in office & skipped dog walk before work
        1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 12/14
        2) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water :s long day & ate too much in evening -440 & 15c :smiley:
        3) Organize for ANJH A/R audit / clear more email backlog / mandatory driver training online :) 3/3
        4) 5:00 massage appt. yippee! :relaxed:
        5) Set mouse traps in garage (tis the season but freaked me out seeing mouse run across garage floor last night ~ I hate mice) / boil eggs / one other chore :neutral: 2/3
        6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :( 2/4

JFT W 9/16 ~ work in conference room day
        1) Walked dog 3.66 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
        2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
        3) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water
        4) Organize more for ANJH A/R audit / clear more email backlog / save electronics to flash drive / sanitize room end of day
        5) Set mouse traps in garage / at least 1-2 other chores
        6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home)

2020 Goals:
        1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
        2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
        3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
        4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
        5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
        6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
        7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
        8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
        9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
        Word for 2020: Persist
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
        JFT -Tuesday Sept 15
        1L of water - :)
        Log all food - :)
        No chips - >:)
        15 minutes of activity - >:)
        Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT -Wednesday Sept 16
        1L of water
        Log all food
        No chips
        15 minutes of activity
        Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - Sorry to hear about your Dad, that will be an adjustment for both you and your Mom. It's incredibly hard right now with the restrictions for visits. I think you should have tea with your Mom, whatever helps you get through. Hugs

@WellingTX - I love your little statement about time getting away from us. That is so true and something I need to remember.

I have gotten so lazy in the evenings, I sit and watch tv or I lie on the bed and watch tv. I need to come up with a way of making myself move and do more, but I don't know what to do.

I'll work it out.
      • Little_Lassassin
        Little_Lassassin Posts: 10 Member
        Happy hump day everyone, keep up the good work!